Is it Wrong to be a Stand Use...

By Lance_of_Dance

Stand User, (Y/N), appears in Orario after a massive event he forgot. Being saved from his original fate, he... More

Ch1: Brainstorming and Bar Fight
Ch2: Falna and Unveiled
Special Ch1: Memory, Part 1
Ch3: Journey Down
Ch4: Green Troubles
Special Ch2: Memory, Part 2
Ch5: Being Pestered and Fruit
Ch6: Feel and Deal

Prologue

5.4K 91 81
By Lance_of_Dance

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Whispering or emphasis"

"BEING LOUD"

*Action*

Specific Item/Object

((Author note))

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello. I am (Y/N). (Y/N) Dokuro.

And you may be asking?

"WHERE THE HELL AM I?!"

===============================

Stand User:  (Y/N) Dokuro

Stand Name:  ???

Reference:  DM DOKURO - Musical Artist

===============================

I wake up sitting against a wall in an alleyway.

"What in the hell...?" I ask myself. 

I check what I have on me. I'm wearing a grey t-shirt with a black tank-top and a leather jacket adorned with stainless steel marbles over it, camo green cargo pants, and leather boots. I still have my swiss army knife and handkerchief.

'Okay... I recognize the shirt and jacket, but not the cargo pants and boots. My upper parts is dressed how I like it, but my lower half looks like it went through the Marine Corps while I was unconscious. And I still lost my phone and other electronics in that earlier Enemy Stand User fight.' I sigh and get up.

As I make my way out of the alleyway, I notice several things.

1.  This town's architecture seems old fashioned.

2.  There are people with animal traits. Not like furries. But people with animal ears and tails.

3.  A giant-ass tower in the distance.

'Is this... the work of an enemy Stand?!' I ask myself. My eyes dart around the streets.

'If so... then it would take a lot of power then... But with Stands, nothing is impossible. I better scout a bit.'

Right after I think that, three dark chrome marbles falls out of the end of my cargo pants and roll away. I walk to a building near the alleyway I exited and lean against it.

'Even if my Stand is visible to Non-Stand Users, I doubt may people would pay attention to a marble rolling on the ground as long as I stick to the sides. Even if those animal people have keen senses, the sound of all these steps will drown out the sound of a rolling marble.' I reason in my head.

I look around the busy street and gather more information. 'It seems that the people here speak English... but the writing...' I glance at a sign hanging above the building I'm leaning on. I manage to recognize some letters on it, I see: "Po+io_  8_o_" With the blanks((underscores)) being the letters I don't recognize, but at least it seems reminiscent of English.

'I don't think I'm anywhere on Earth... I'm going to need a library if I am to read the local English-like language. Wait, what's this?' One of the marbles I sent out is being followed by someone. 

Judging by the little sound produced by the surrounding area and my marble reflecting off the person, they seem to be 5 and a half feet in height, seemingly a middle-schooler in age-wise appearance and body shape.

'I need to shake him off.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Bell Cranel POV -

As I was returning to the Guild, I notice something on the ground.

"What's this?" There appears a small metal ball rolling on the ground. It also appears to be moving irregularly, it doesn't seem to slow down and as if it had a mind of its own or being controlled by somebody. I decide to follow it out of curiosity.

I walk after it and it keeps moving.

"What are you?" I silently ask. Suddenly, it starts to move into the crowd.

"Hey! Wait!" I start trying to run after it, but the crowd slows me down. After making my way across the crowd, I look around and fail to spot it.

"What was that?" I ask no one. I sigh and and give up on following whatever that thing was. I continue my way back to the Guild.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Your POV -

"That went well." I silently say. My marble comes out and continues scouting for any Enemies, but no luck so far. Then what has happened to me?

I look back up at the sign near me. 'I might be able to talk to others, but I will have difficultly reading. I might have to find a library or ask someone to teach me the basics, but I might have to make up an excuse of why I don't know the local language.'

Why would I think that many others are also not illiterate? Well if this sign and many others have letters but not many pictures, then I would assume reading and writing should be common. Like back in the Dark Ages, not many people could read so store owners used pictures instead of words to describe their shop.

'My excuse for betting illiterate should be: 'I was taught to speak, but not to write' or 'I was taught how to read and write, but I was taught letters different from the local ones.' Or I can just try to fill in blanks by reading simple books at a local library; if libraries exist.'

After a few more minutes of scouting, I should have been able to detect some other trace of Stand energy by now. I sigh. 

"Then what kind of situation am I in right now?" I say to myself as I look up at the huge tower in the distance.

The three marbles I sent out start returning to me, one by one they crawl up my pants leg and they disappear.

"Guess I better start exploring myself." I say to myself as I get up from the wall I was leaning on.

I start asking around and overhearing/snooping on conversations between people on the street. I commonly hear the words "Adventurer", "Dungeon", "Guild", "Babel", and some other terminology I have yet to understand. Further reinforcing my theory I'm not on Earth. When people ask why I'm asking, I simply say "I'm new to town"; I later learned the 'town' is more of a city and is named Orario.

I also need money, which I heard is called "Valis." And that "Adventurers" can make money by "Valis" by going into the "Dungeon" and killing "monsters" and collecting their "Magic Stones" and exchanging them at the "Guild". And someone becomes an adventurer by signing up at the "Guild."

Yeah. Seems simple.

A few minutes of asking for directions I make it to the Guild, or the "Pantheon" which is the main building of the Guild.

'Jesus. I guess it is really hard to miss such an important building to this city.' I think to myself as I walk in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I watch as this newcomer enters the guild.

He is unlike anything I've ever seen; his soul has shape.

When I look into him, I see grey and an assortment of metal balls and cubes.

I wonder what makes him like that...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Your POV -

I enter the Guild and witness the people there. And thinks-

'Look at all that metal equipment...'

"You must be new here." A straightforward-sounding female voice said. I turn in their direction to see a woman with bright red hair, animal ears, and a very serious expression. I walk over to her.

"I-"

"You want to sign up as an Adventurer, don't you?" She says smiling, taking the words right out of my mouth. I sport a surprised expression.

"Uh... yeah-"

"Good. Tell me your name and other information so we can get this done."

I pause. "Are...  Are you rushing my registration because you don't like my presence."

She sighs. "I missed out on some sleep last night, and my friend and fellow worker gifted me a potion to help keep me awake. It has done more than it should have."

I pause. "I am starting to get concerned."

"Don't worry. It should wear off in the afternoon and there shouldn't be any significant side effects...   Anyway. Name." She replies.

"(Y/N)."

She writes down. "(Y/N)...?"

"Dokuro. (Y/N) Dokuro."

"Dokuro...  that sounds like it's from the Far East."

"I don't know, my parents told me some of my ancestry is shrouded in mystery." I state.

>>> Timeskip >>>

We finished my registration within 10 minutes. Apparently her name was Rose. I was appointed an advisor named Eina Tulle. As well a recommendation to join a "familia" or whatever that is exactly. I was also offered some basic weapons and armor, which I took, because:  1. It's free.  2. To not look like I have some other special powers.

In reality, I was planning on using my Stand more to kill. I guess the dagger I was given can also be used. I approach the entrance to the Dungeon.

'Stairs...' I take a deep breath and head down.

>>> Timeskip >>>

"I honestly thinks the stairs took more out of me than the monsters..." I say to no one.

I am on the 4th floor. The first three were too crowded for my liking. But the 4th floor was empty of enough people for me to use my Stand the full degree.

A group of monsters start appearing, Kobolds. I already defeated some of them along with some goblins on the earlier floors. To say, at this point my ranged ability made quick work of them.

They kobolds growl at me.

"Well then..." I look around again. "Marble Machine." I mutter.

===============================

Stand Name:  Marble Machine
Stand User:  (Y/N) Dokuro

Power  -  ?
Speed  -  ?
Range  -  ?
Durability  -  ?
Precision  -  ?
Potential  -  ?

Reference:  Marble Machine by Wintergatan

===============================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 2K 36
Rohan reads through y/n's life story. He reads about her adventure with the stardust crusaders and the tragedy that occurred in Egypt. Y/n was j...
2.2K 56 14
Joshua Kujo has always wanted to be a huntsman, just like his father Jotaro. So, you can imagine the excitement that he has once he gets accepted int...
1M 31.2K 99
In this book your the daughter of a Jojo or Dio. This book includes. Jonathan Joseph Jotaro Josuke Jolyne Giorno Dio (I don't own the picture used f...
2.3K 70 5
Those of the Joestar Bloodline are fated to encounter the bizarre, whether it be Vampires, Pillar Men, or Enemy Stand Users, normal is a foreign conc...