Perfect Storm [Dave East FanF...

By LoveMiaxo

🚨Warning this book is VERY TOXIC 🚨 2ND BOOK TO WHAT IS LOVE ? Love is never enough. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
100k 🥺🥺
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
Epilogue
Third and Final Book out Now !!

31.

3.5K 121 128
By LoveMiaxo

I shed a few tears writing this chapter I can't lie, this is a trigger warning 🤍

Omniscient
12 hours before the crash ...

Naala hung up her phone and sighed leaning her head against her wheel.

"Lord please help me," She sniffed. "I'm trying to be a good mom, I don't want my sons growing up in a toxic environment, I want them to be happy."

Her phone buzzed again and she picked it up,

"Naala why you hanging up on me?" Hassan shouted into the phone.

"Because you want to argue Hassan," Naala sniffed,

"All I'm saying is why can't I keep him another night?" Hassan lowered his voice because he could hear she was crying.

"You can't do that, I don't want him on formula for too long," Naala explained,

"Come get him then," Hassan said before hanging up on her.

"I can't do this anymore," Naala huffed turning her car on. Speeding off into the direction of Dess' house, she kept checking her phone to see if Dave had messaged her.

"Let me just call him," She mumbled pressing on the in car intercom.

"You good baby," Dave answered after a few rings,

"Stop calling me that," Naala smiled softly, "Are you home?"

"Nah, I'm doing a sound check, you wanna pick up the girls?" He asked her. Naala heard the noise in the background,

"Mmm, maybe take them on a girls day or something?" Naala suggested,

"That's cool with me," Dave agreed, "What's wrong though? You'on sound right," He picked up on her deflated mood.

"I'm fine," Naala lied, "Are they home alone?" She asked changing the subject.

"Maniya's with them," He replied. "Love you know you can talk to me right?" He said a bit quieter,

"I just feel really defeated Amir, I'm trying really hard," Naala said looking in her mirror before she swapped lanes.

"And you're doing well, I tell you that everyday," Dave said into the phone.

"I know but it doesn't feel like it," Naala sighed,

"Don't let what's going on with him change how you're doing mentally," Dave coached,

"Yeah," Naala mumbled. "Thank you," She added pulling into the gas station.

"Ain't nothing, you just pulled up somewhere?" Dave asked,

"I needed gas," Naala replied, "I'll call you back after,"

"Be careful, I love you," Dave said hopefully. He's been telling her that after every conversation but Naala's response was always the same.

"Bye Amir," Naala hurried him off the phone. She got out of the car not before grabbing her purse.

"Ain't this car too big for you?" She heard as she jumped down.

"Nope it's perfectly fine thank you," Naala smiled politely,

She was driving her Maybach truck which was a very big car, but it fit all her kids in it.

"You is a very little lady," The man said with a smirk,

"I'm aware," Naala laughed. She took a good look at him and raised a brow,

"Isn't that car too small for you?" She pointed to his Porsche.

"I'm good with small spaces," He said with a wink,

"I bet you are," Naala said her eyes stuck on his print showing through his grey joggers.

"I'm gonna go in now," Naala said clearing her throat. She was anti-men at the moment, it was her and her kids only.

The man stepped forward, "Me too, come on," He said leading the way.

Naala gave him a weird look and followed behind him.

"Ladies first," He stepped back so she could stand at the counter.

"You just want to look at my ass," Naala frowned picking up a stick of gum and a few candy bars.

"Probably," He shrugged,

"Pervert," Naala said placing the things down. "Can I do $70 on Pump 2," She spoke to the attendant.

"And the same on pump 1," The man said stepping closer to her and placing his water bottle down.

"You don't have to do that," Naala shook her head as he pulled out a stack of money and paid for her gas.

"I can't stand by and watch my woman pay for her own gas," He laughed,

"Your woman?" Naala chuckled, "I don't even know your name,"

"Artist," He introduced himself. "And I guess your name is Naala?"

"Are you stalking me?" Naala frowned,

"Your plate," He pointed at her car. Hassan was extra, her plate did spell out her name.

"Oh I forgot," Naala replied picking up her stuff.

"I'm guessing you didn't buy the car," Artist commented,

"It was a gift, so no I didn't buy it," Naala laughed, "Is Artist your real name?"

"Yeah, people call me Ace though," Artist informed her. Naala's left eye twitched in annoyance.

"I knew there was something about you," Naala squinted at him.

"Ex boyfriend's name?" Artist quizzed leaning against his car.

"Baby daddy," Naala corrected unlocking her car.

"Damn, you got a baby?" Artist said in shock. Naala looked about 21 to him.

"I have 4," Naala replied, her kids were a blessing to her and she would never be ashamed to claim them.

"You're a liar," Artist shook his head, "How old is you?"

"You should never ask a woman her age," Naala responded leaning into her car to put her purse down.

That gave Artist a full view of her butt, "There ain't no way in hell you've got 4 kids," He said staring at her ass.

"Are you calling me a liar Artist?" Naala giggled, "I had my first when I was 17, my second when I was 22, my third when I was 23 and I just had my last 4 months ago," She broke it down for him.

"For real?" Artist said with a shocked look, "So you just had a baby?"

That was a complete shock to him because when he was assigned this mission he didn't know he was after a mother, they told him they were after a girl.

"I did," Naala nodded, "And I need to go and get him, it was nice meeting you Artist," His name rolling off her tongue.

"We'll meet again," Artist said holding her door open for her.

Naala didn't know if there was a double meaning to that but she shook off the bad feeling and drove off.

After a short drive, Naala pulled up in front of Dess' house.

"I am not in the mood for this shit," Naala said to herself when the door opened and Dess was holding Samar.

"What took you so long?" Hassan said coming out of the house with his stroller.

"I went to the gas station," Naala said in a monotone voice. "Has he eaten?" She asked taking his bag from Hassan.

"I gave him a bottle about 2 hours ago," Dess answered making Naala cut her eyes to her.

"Oh, hi there my handsome boy," Naala smiled softly. "You missed mommy huh?" She said as he started reaching for her.

"Can you not be rude?" Hassan said taking Samar from Dess.

"Hassan pass me my son so I can leave," Naala replied. She didn't want to fight but she had no reason to be nice to Dess.

"What are you gonna do if I say no?" Hassan questioned switching Samar to his other hand.

"I would call the police," Naala said with a frown,

"Lala can we just sort this out?" Desiree sighed, "I never meant to hurt you or ruin our friendship,"

"Desiree what would you suppose I say to you right now?" Naala laughed. "Do you want me to tell you I forgive you for going behind my back?"

"I didn't go behind your back," Dess responded quickly. "I only expressed my feelings to him, I didn't know he felt the same way,"

"And that's great for you guys but I would like to take my son home now," Naala said looking back at Hassan.

"You're being petty," Hassan tutted.

"Give him to me, now" Naala said firmly. A few people walking past looked over at them because of the raised voices.

Someone noticed Naala and pulled out a camera to film, they knew this would make good gossip on the Shaderoom.

"You making a scene," Hassan said trying to pull her closer.

"Because you're not listening to me!" Naala shouted. "Pass me my son,"

"Tell him to give me my son," Naala said to Dess,

"Naala there's cameras," Desiree said lowly. Naala shook her head, they were trying to make her look crazy, like people always did.

"Hassan I swear, if you don't give him to me —"

"Whatchu gonna do?" Hassan said with a raised a brow. "Call your boyfriend? He's not too busy fucking other bitches?"

"What is wrong with you?" Naala asked shaking her head. "I've got something for you, ain't you the same nigga on probation, bet Hassan,"

Naala turned back to her car to get her phone out, she pulled up Dave's number and dialled it.

"I'm about to kill him Amir, I swear," Naala shouted into the phone,

"Chill out, where are you?" Dave said. He was already in the car so he could get to her quickly.

"At Dess' house, he won't give me my son," Naala said sitting down in the driver side.

"Send me your location, I'm on my way," Dave spoke, "Calm down Lala,"

"I'm gonna stay in my car till you get here," Naala replied looking out of the window. Hassan was staring back at while Dess was running her mouth.

"But she didn't say all that shit when I was out there," Naala scrunched up her face,

"Love ignore her," Dave said to her, "I'm 5 minutes away,"

Naala opened her car door and shouted, "Desiree I will come out there and whoop your ass, I'm not scared,"

"Naala please," Desiree waved her off,

"You know what?" Naala said putting her hair up. She took off all her jewellery but made sure to keep her rings on.

"Naala stay in that car," Dave grumbled pushing down on the gas more. Naala was silent for too long so either she was crying or getting ready to fight.

"I've let her play me for too long," Naala mumbled stepping out of the car.

"Hassan I'm giving you one last chance, let me get my son or I'm about to beat her ass," She pointed at Dess,

"You're scaring him," Hassan said rocking a crying Samar.

"He's hungry, he's not scared," Naala answered,

"But I fed him. Stop acting like we don't know how to look after him. You barely do," Dess said making Naala nod,

"Bitch," Naala said lunging for her. She grabbed Desiree by her neck and started strangling her.

Desiree clawed at Naala's hands, for a small girl, Naala had a good grip on her neck.

"Naala let her go," Hassan said from the side,

"Y'all always wanna play with me, they don't call me crazy for no reason," Naala said tightening her hold on Desiree's neck.

"I can't breathe," Dess struggled to say,

"Love come on let her go," Dave said out of breath. He pratically stopped the car and jumped out with the car still running.

"I'm gonna kill her," Naala said lowly,

"You do that and you're gonna go to jail," Dave said pulling her off. "Naala he's crying look," He added, Samar was screaming his lungs out but not because of Naala.

"I'm gonna kill you one day," Naala said letting her go. "Hassan give him to me," Naala snapped.

Hassan didn't waste time, he handed Samar over to her. Dave packed up the stroller and put it in the back of his car.

"And you best not have my son around him," Hassan pointed at Dave.

"Shut the fuck up," Naala sneered at him. "Your son but you don't do shit for him." She added as she strapped him into his seat.

"You're so bitter Naala and it shows," Dess said, her voice hoarse after Naala choked her.

"Why are you still talking to me?" Naala questioned standing up straight and closing the car door.

"Naala get in the car," Dave sighed opening her door for her.

"Better listen to him," Dess shouted, she stood in front of Naala's car.

"Desiree you look dumb as hell, step out my way before I run you over," Naala replied starting the car.

"Can you stop?" Dave sighed closing her door,

"Amir you can move too," Naala answered. She was irritated and everyone could get it.

"Just meet me at the house," He said, he barely got the words out before Naala sped off quickly.

David Amir Brewster
Brooklyn, New York
2 hours before the crash ...

"You want me to stop?" I asked looking down at her,

"No don't stop," She replied breathlessly,

"I know your shoulders don't hurt that bad Love," I stopped to mug her.

"Amir come on," Naala whined looking up at me. "I'm all tense, can't you tell?"

I should have never offered any massage because now she was doing the most.

"Gimme a kiss first," I smirked at her.

"Mmcht, get off me," Naala fussed pushing my hands off her.

"Don't act like you don't want me to," I laughed pulling her into me playfully.

"I don't," Naala replied with a laugh, "I'm anti-men I told you that before," She said wrapping her legs around my waist.

"Stop playing with me," I said leaning down to kiss her lips.

"That's enough," Naala said turning her head the other side. I took that as my chance to lean down and kiss her neck.

"When are you gonna let me love you again?" I asked with my head in her neck.

"When I'm mentally stable," Naala said rubbing the back of my head.

"I can respect that," I said kissing her lips again.

"Come," Naala said bringing my head closer. "Thank you for waiting for me," She smiled using her finger to wipe the gloss of my lips.

"Let me make you feel good," I said kissing down her chest,

"The baby," Naala moaned softly,

"He's good," I whispered tugging at her pants. I got them down and started to kiss up her thigh,

"Hurry up then," She huffed pulling me closer. I pulled her panties down and licked her clit. Running my tongue up and down her, I laughed at her shivering.

I started to flick my tongue at a faster motion, gently sucking on her.

"Wait," She moaned loudly using her hand to move my head back.

"Are you sure?" I asked to make sure she wouldn't regret this later.

"Amir I'm sure," She replied leaning up on her elbows. "Put it in,"

I shrugged and leaned down to kiss her again, whilst aligning myself with her centre. I pushed myself in, I've missed this shit wow.

I took a moment for her to adjust before I started moving in and out. Naala clutched my hand and moaned softly in my ear.

"This feels good?" I asked speeding up,

"So good," Naala panted throwing her head back.

"Mama Samar did a poop," Maniya called out coming into the room. "Ew oh my God," She shouted when she saw us.

"Shit," I grunted pulling out quickly.

"You didn't lock the door," Naala whined pulling me down so I covered her.

"Y'all are so nasty!" Maniya complained,

"That's what you get for not knocking," I said covering Naala up with the comforter.

"Maniya you know how to change a diaper," Naala mumbled from under me.

"Yeah but it stinks," Maniya replied. She had her back to us,

"Amir let me up," Naala sighed tapping me. I got up and helped her up. I fixed my clothes and hers before turning to Maniya.

"What's up little man?" I said taking him and lifting him up to my nose. "Oh yeah that stinks," I said honestly.

"Leave my boo bear alone," Naala pouted carrying him away.

"Mama can you make me something to eat?" Maniya said standing by the door.

"You've got hands, y'all never make me nothing," Naala responded. "Pass me his bag please," Naala said to me.

I passed her the bag and sat down on the bed using my phone.

"You wanna go to Jamaica?" I asked her, watching her change Samar's diaper.

"Why? But yes I do," Naala nodded. I was too caught up in how her body looked. I don't know what the hell happened but Samar blessed her for sure.

"You deserve it," I shrugged, "I already booked everything, you can go on your own if you don't feel comfortable going together,"

"Thank you Mir, that's so sweet," Naala came over and kissed my cheek. "Say thank you step daddy," She spoke in a baby voice.

I side eyed her, and she was cracking up at her own joke.

"What? Aren't you his step daddy Mir?" Naala laughed, her laugh was contagious.

"Lemme get him," I held my hands out for him. She handed him to me and I kissed her lips.

"Stop it," She patted my face. "Anti men," She giggled.

"You weren't anti men when this dick was in your guts," I said as we walked out of the room.

"Ew daddy stop!" Maniya screamed from down the hall.

I missed having my girls all in the same house.

Present time ...

Naleli Monét Love
Brooklyn, New York

"I just need to know where my sister is," I said leaning on the receptionist desk. The bitch was staring at me and not saying anything.

"A lot of people have been brought in today, what's her name?" She said,

"I told you her name 30 minutes ago," I shouted. "I haven't got time for this shit," I wasn't going to wait around any longer.

I walked towards the back of the hospital, looking into every room.

"Naleli," I heard from behind me. I turned and saw Dave looking like a lost puppy.

"Tell me my sister is still alive," I said walking up to him.

"They won't tell me anything, I don't even know if the kids are okay," He said all low like he wanted to cry.

"Are you about to cry?" I cringed,

"That's my family Naleli," He replied with a huff.

"Last time I checked, Naala wasn't your family anymore," I responded. I hated this man so much it made me sick.

"We're not here for that Naleli, I don't know what's going on with my kids," He tutted.

"So where are they?" I said because his presence was irritating me.

"All I know is they took them through there," He pointed to the door that said no entry.

"Perfect," I mumbled taking a seat setting my purse down. "Don't they have a private room? It smells like death in here,"

Dave didn't reply so I looked up and he was leaning against the wall crying. Yuck.

"Why are you crying?" I questioned with a frown,
"That's really awkward,"

"That's your sister and you don't care," Dave sniffed wiping his face.

"I know she's going to be okay," I said in confidence. That was my baby sister, she wasn't going to die.

"Can you tell me something now?" Dave rushed the doctor that came out.

"Relax," I mumbled standing to my feet also,

"The two younger girls are fine, minor scratches and bruises," The doctor explained.

"And Naala?" Dave took the words out of my mouth.

"We're still waiting on her, she's been unresponsive for 45 minutes now. They've given three rounds of adrenaline and there's been no change," The doctor replied,

"No that can't be right," I laughed. "Take me to my sister now please," I said politely.

"If you want to stay with her in these last moments —"

"Last moments?" I repeated. "Let me see my sister,"

"Is that all what about the baby?" Dave asked pulling up his saggy ass jeans.

"There was nothing we could do, his injuries were too much for his tiny body," The doctor answered checking his clipboard. "His body was found a few metres away from the car,"

"She had her son with her," I breathed out. "Please tell me you know where he is,"

"Naleli that means —" Dave started to speak all low like he wanted to cry again.

"I'm really sorry for your loss," The doctor said patting Dave on the back.

"I can't even," I sighed looking up to the ceiling. "Take me to her,"

Dave started following behind us and I had to stop to make sure he was okay in the head.

"Go and check on your daughters, move away from me," I side eyed him.

"I want to check on Naala," He argued back like I won't bring out a gun and shoot him. "Didn't you just hear what the doctor said? Samar is dead,"

"Nigga go and make sure my nieces are okay first, I've got her," I said pushing him away from me. All of these people claiming that my sister and Samar were dead, didn't make sense to me.

When he finally moved I followed the doctor into the room. Naala was laid out on the table with all these different tubes coming out of her.

"You can speak to her, maybe she'll hear you," One of the fat ass nurses said to me.

"My sisters not dead move," I muttered walking closer to her. "Come on La, it's time to get up, I'm not playing," I put my hand in hers expecting her to squeeze it like she normally does.

"Lala, stop being silly," I said again, using my other hand to turn her face to me.

"Why isn't she responding?" I asked one of the doctors. They started unplugging all the stuff and removing the tubes.

"Naala come on," I tapped her face. "You can't die because I've not died yet, we're meant to die together you can't just die first - you selfish bitch,"

"Ma'am," Someone said from behind me,

"Wait!" I shouted, "La please wake up," She wasn't moving but I know she couldn't be dead, that wasn't possible.

"She's autistic, she doesn't understand," I heard Tarek answer, when did he even get here?

"Tarek please tell Lala to stop playing with me," I turned to him with tears in my eyes.

"Leli let's leave the doctors to work," Tarek replied moving forward, "They're doing everything they can,"

"But that's my baby sister, she's my Naala," I burst into tears. "She needs to get up now,"

"She will but you're disturbing them," He said trying to get me out of the room.

"They're not doing anything!" I screamed watching them take all the things out of her.

"Can't y'all try again?" Tarek asked one of them,

"We've been doing it for 45 min -"

"Carry on doing it," I stopped him. "I know she's not dead so carry on now!"

One of the older looking women gave me a sad look,

"I will burn this entire hospital down right now if you do not put that shit back into her mouth and wake her right up," I said calmly.

"Okay give me one push of epi," One of the doctors said pulling up those heart starter things. I only know what it was because Naala forced me to watch that stupid doctor show with her.

"Come on La," I whispered standing back,

"Clear!" They shouted before her body jerked but there was no other noise.

"Okay I'm going in again," The nicer look doctor said,

"Naleli let's go and leave them to work," Tarek said once again in my ear.

"I'm not leaving my sister Tarek, I promised I would never leave her," I said staring back at her. "I promised her,"

"I know you did," He wiped my eyes and turned me away from her. "But I know she would want you to look out for her kids now,"

"No because she's going to wake up," I shook my head,

"We've got flutters," One of them said, almost like they didn't believe it.

"I knew it, my sister isn't dead," I spun back around.

Omniscient

"I'm sorry for your loss sir," Were the words haunting Hassan as he sat in the waiting room. At first he didn't believe it, he couldn't believe that their son could be gone so soon.

"Are you okay?" Desiree whispered rubbing his leg.

"Desiree my son just died. Do I look fucking okay?" He huffed moving her hand off of him.

Maniya rushed down the halls, clutching Saint's hand. She heard her mom was in an accident and dropped everything she was doing and went to pick up her little brother.

"Dad!" Saint called out when he saw Hassan sat down with his head in his hands.

"Where's my mom?" Maniya said with tears rushing down her face.

"She's not awake yet," Hassan sniffed. "What's up son?" He said hugging Saint.

"Why are you crying? What's happened?" Maniya fretted,

"Uh it's," Hassan couldn't even form the words. His tears started to fall faster.

"My sisters?" Maniya frowned, her heart beating faster.

"No it was Samar," Dess spoke sadly, she didn't speak loud enough for Saint to hear it but Maniya did. She stepped back and walked off, into the direction of where she thought her mom would be.

"Pops your crying," Saint said sitting beside him. "Mama is dead?"

"No um, your mama is fine. It's your brother," Hassan said through his tears.

"Mar? But he's only a baby," Saint frowned, his thick eyebrows furrowing. Saint didn't cry, only when he was extremely angry and now he was extremely angry.

"Don't cry Nasir it's okay," Hassan said pulling Saint closer to him,

"That's not fair, how can he just die?" Saint cried tears of anger.

"I don't know," Hassan huffed trying to stop his own tears.

On the other side of the hospital, Naleli was glued to Naala's side. The monitor beeped at a normal rate which she made sure to check every once in a while.

"Naala you have to make it through this, for me. When you wake up your whole world is going to change again but I'm here, I'm not leaving you," Naleli spoke rubbing her hand. "I'm your big sister, I'm not going anywhere because I have to protect you, that's what big sisters do,"

"By a minute," Naala croaked out, her eyes still closed. "Big sister by a minute,"

"You're such a bitch," Naleli smiled standing up. She rushed out of the room to find someone to show them that her sister was alive.

"Ms Love you gave us a scare," The doctor said as a nurse tended to Naala. "You sustained very bad external injuries but what shocks me is that internally, you are perfectly fine."

"Seriously?" Naala coughed sitting up,

"As a heart attack, the most you suffered was a fractured shoulder bone, which will have to be in this cast for 6 weeks," The doctor explained.

"What about my children? Where are they?" Naala didn't care to hear about herself, she was fine. But she needed to know where her babies were.

"Can you give us a moment?" Naleli said looking over at the doctor. She nodded sympathetically and stepped out to let Naleli break the news to her sister.

"What's the matter?" Naala frowned putting the cup of water down.

"The accident was bad Naala," Naleli started,

"And they really did try their best," She continued. Naala frowned and sat up properly.

"Naleli where are my children?" Naala asked once more,

"The girls are with their dad," Naleli mumbled making Naala sigh in relief.

"Did you let Hassan pick Samar up? I wouldn't mind because that's his dad, he needs to be with a familiar face. He's probably hungry though and I know they're gonna put him on formula," Naala started to ramble on.

Hassan stood outside the door, waiting for the right time to come in but he couldn't face her. The next thing he heard was the most piercing scream, it filled his ears and broke his heart.

"No no no," Naala screamed loudly. He heard stuff smashing around so he took that as his time to step in.

"Naala calm down," Naleli spoke trying to stop Naala from trashing the entire hospital room.

"Where is he?" Naala sobbed holding onto Naleli.

"Let me see her," Hassan said tapping Naleli who was struggling to keep her together.

"La, I've got you come on," Hassan sniffed lifting her up and back into the bed. He sat on the bed and pulled her into him.

"He can't be dead," Naala screamed beating on his chest. "Tell me she's lying Hassan," She asked him.

"I wish she was," Hassan whispered into her hair holding her tightly. She cried and dragged his clothes, her loud cries making Naleli cry also.

Naala had reached her breaking point, she didn't know what to think, what to do.

When it got too much Naleli had to leave the room, she couldn't bare seeing her sister in so much pain.

Naala's loud sobs could be heard down the hall, alerting Dave who was busy comforting his daughters. Maniya stayed outside Naala's room, she couldn't face her just yet.

"That's mama?" Sinai questioned leaning onto her dad more.

"Yeah, your mom is gonna be upset for a while so y'all are gonna have to be there for her," He said to them.

"Why?" Malia asked him,

"Your baby brother isn't here anymore," Dave said it in the best way that her brain would take.

"Samar went bye bye?" Malia asked with a pout, she actually liked him.

"Yeah," Dave sighed. He was scared about Naala's mental health now, she was doing so well and now this. "But I'm gonna make sure she's good,"

2 weeks later ...

"You want some of this bread Phat?" Naala asked Malia while she dished up her dinner.

"No, that's nasty," Malia scrunched up her face at the garlic bread Naala was holding up.

"Okay," Naala replied quietly. "Here you go then, go sit by daddy," She said handing her the plate.

"Mama you sit down, let me do this," Maniya said putting her hand on Naala's shoulder.

Naala jumped at the sudden touch, "I've got it, thank you,"

Naala was avoiding her grief, she was throwing herself into being a mom again. She hadn't once mentioned Samar, she left all the funeral planning to Hassan.

"But your hand," Maniya said trying to take the plate. "I can do it mom, seriously,"

"I said I've got it," Naala snapped slamming the plate down onto the counter. "No one ever listens to me," She carried on shouting.

"I'm not glass, I'm not going to break," Naala said directly to Maniya.

"Mommy I'm just trying to help you," Maniya defended stepping back from Naala.

"I don't need your help, I don't need anybody's help," Naala said tearfully, "You can't help me. You can't give me what I want,"

"Mom," Maniya pouted, she hated seeing her mom fall out this way, especially when there was nothing she could do.

"Niya it's okay, let me deal with it, go eat," Dave said coming in from hearing the noise.

"No one can help me," Naala cried sitting on the floor.

"Baby," Dave muttered getting on the floor with her.

Naala wailed loudly falling into his arms. She felt sick to her stomach about everything. It was her fault that Samar was gone, she knew that.

"I'm sorry," Dave whispered holding onto her to stop her from falling onto the ground. "I'm so sorry," He repeated.

"I feel like I'm dying," Naala sobbed in his arms. "I want to die Amir,"

"Don't say that," Dave sighed rubbing her back.

"I can't do this anymore," Naala added. She felt defeated about the whole situation. What made it worse was Hassan was blaming her for everything.

"We're gonna get through this Naala, I promise you," Dave said kissing her cheek.

"I don't want to go to the funeral, I can't do it" Naala replied still crying.

"It's tomorrow baby, you have to," Dave encouraged her. "Let me get you to bed," He said changing the subject. He knew it was just her grief talking.

"But the girls," Naala answered trying to get up,

"They'll be okay, you need to relax Naala," Dave said to her. "They're good with me,"

He didn't even wait for a response, he picked her up and carried her back up the steps and into the room she was staying in. He normally slept with her even if he slept on the floor, just to make sure she was okay.

"Don't leave me," Naala said when he pulled the comforter over her.

"I won't love, I'm right down there," He pointed to the pallet that was made out on the floor for him to sleep on.

"No stay up here," Naala answered quietly. "Please?"

"Aight, only if you're comfortable," He said getting into the bed with her.

"Mmhm," Naala sniffed her eyes filling with tears again. "It's like my heart has been taken with him." She cried into his chest.

"No one understands my pain Amir, no one feels it." She continued.

"Shh," Dave held her as she cried. He couldn't find the words to comfort her because he genuinely didn't know what would make her feel better.

"I should have left him with Hassan, I should have never picked him up," Naala started to blame herself.

"You didn't know," Dave replied lowly. "You can't blame yourself for this Naala, that's not right,"

"He was only 4 months old," Naala cried. "I should have died not him,"

Dave sighed and didn't respond. There was no way of calming her down apart from holding her whilst she cried.

That's how they remained the entire night, Naala cried her eyes out until she couldn't, wrapped up in the arms of her ex husband.

~~

"Let me fix that for you," Dess stood in front of Hassan fixing his tie. They were at the Mosque, waiting for them to bring in Samar's body.

It was Muslim custom for the family to have a few moments with the body before the actual burial.

"Stop," Hassan cleared his throat, "You don't have to do that,"

"I'm only trying to be helpful Hassan," Desiree sighed, this was becoming ongoing cycle for them.

"Leave it," He repeated moving her hand. The only thing Hassan could think of was why Naala was driving that fast with his son in the back of the car.

The door opened and Naala entered the room, dressed in all black. Her hair was covered and huge sunglasses covered her red and puffy eyes. Naleli stood beside her, holding her hand.

"Hi," Naleli said breaking the silence. "Sorry we're late,"

"Oh you're not late. He's still not here yet," Desiree replied holding onto Hassan's hand.

Naala sniffed and put her head down, she could already feel how hard today was going to be for her.

"You can't speak?" Hassan said to Naala, his voice void off all affection it used to carry.

"Hassan give her a break, she just lost her son," Dess replied quietly.

"My son," Hassan said loudly. "He was my son too,"

Naala started to cry softly, not lifting her head up once.

"It's okay," Naleli spoke to her lowly, squeezing her hand softly. "You're okay,"

A knock sounded on the door and the large doors swung open. The men carried in a small coffin and laid it on the table.

Naala didn't have to open her eyes to know that they had just laid her son out in front of her.

"Man," Hassan sucked in a breath and stared at the miniature coffin.

"Lala you have to say bye, come on," Naleli spoke into her ear. "I'm right here," She added once Naala lifted her head up.

She let out a loud sob when she set her eyes on him. She stepped forward and placed a shaky hand on top of it.

"This is my son," Naala cried running her hands over the coffin. "What am I going to do?" She said tracing her finger over his name engraved in the wood.

Naleli wiped her own tears discreetly and looked away. Hassan walked closer to the coffin and laid his own hand on it, feeling a wave of emotion.

Desiree stepped back and let them have their moment, she felt out of place.

"Mommy's so sorry," Naala cried kneeling down in front of his coffin. "I'm so sorry,"

"Why the fuck were driving that fast?" Hassan sniffed. "Get up and tell me that," He said pulling Naala off the floor.

"Hassan now isn't the time," Naleli interjected.

"I wasn't driving fast," Naala answered. "Someone was following us I had to get away," Her tears still flowing freely.

"I hope you know this is all down to you," Hassan said roughly. "He's laid out in there because of you!"

"Okay that's enough," Naleli spoke again, taking Naala's hand.

"I'm not leaving him," Naala protested in tears. "I'm never leaving you again baby," Naala spoke to Samar, holding onto the coffin.

"This is all on you," Hassan said once more before leaving Naala to scream and cry for Samar.

~~

The burial had come to an end and everyone was filing out of the mosque. Naala looked up and connected eyes with a familiar man. She couldn't remember where she met him but he had a familiar face.

"You okay?" Dave asked her, wrapping his arm around her.

"Mmm," Naala hummed staring at the man. "Actually I'm coming," She said letting his hand go.

"Where you going?" Dave asked but Naala ignored him, following the man that was starting to walk away.

"Stop!" She shouted for him to stop walking. "I'm only small, I can't keep up," She mumbled to herself.

"Why are you watching my sons funeral?" Naala questioned when she got closer.

"I was just passing by," He defended,

"I know that accent," Naala said squinting at him. "Do I know you?"

"Nah we've never met," He shook his head, he pulled his hood down further.

"No I know you," Naala insisted. "We've met before," She was really trying to understand where she knew him from.

"Listen lady I said I don't know you," He said his Louisiana accent coming out in full force.

"The gas station," Naala muttered, "Your from the gas station, are you following me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," He sighed.

"That was the day of the accident," Naala said mostly to herself.

"I made a mistake coming here," He said trying to walk away.

"No please," Naala said holding her hand out. "Please don't go, why are you here?"

"They'll kill me," Artist mumbled to himself.

"Who? You're not making sense," Naala huffed. "Do you know who killed my son?"

"Nah," Artist shook his head, seeing the despair she was in, he had to come clean. "But I know who has your son,"

A/n - I feel like y'all are always ready to kill me. I'm sorry 😞
I'm gonna try with the bulk chapters but I write one and immediately want y'all to see it 🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

967K 30.5K 53
Don't let the title fool you, they're not good. This book is about one of the most toxic relationships ever. Read more to find out. #1 in toxicrelat...
Love lies By

Teen Fiction

18.7K 273 19
js read..💕
52.1K 1.1K 48
just read shawty