Nothing To Lose (On Hold)

By livetowrite_7

> A wish can be a powerful thing, and when Julie wishes she never met Sunset Curve, she changes things. Now... More

Chapter 1: A Weird Feeling
Chapter 2: The Great Outside Awaits
Chapter 3: Stranger on the Street
Chapter 4: Renzo
Chapter 5: Closed Doors
Chapter 6: Stranger
Chapter 7: Wake Up
Chapter 8: Pages of Past
Not an update
Hi

Chapter 8: Off Limits

38 3 0
By livetowrite_7

Warning: abuse/homophobia

Julie's POV

I don't know what I was expecting to happen when I played the CD, but nothing did. The only thing that happened was an awesome rock song played. It's been forever since I sat down and enjoyed a song like that. I could slowly feel the music bubble back inside of me.

"Sorry for wasting your time." I sigh, puting the CD back in the case. "I should go home now."

"It's fine, you're welcome in here anytime." Nick says.

"Thanks." I say.

"Yeah, no problem." Nick says.

"I guess I'll see you around school." I say.

"Yeah, see ya." Nick says.

**

As I'm walking up my drive way, Flynn runs up to me.

"Julie!" She calls. "I really need to talk to you."

We haven't talked since the kiss and i didn't know if we were forgetting about it or what, but I wasn't too sure I wanted to forget about it.

"Yeah, I'm listening." I say. "What's up?"

"Julie, ever since the kiss I couldn't stop thinking about you." Flynn says. "I broke up with Carrie because I realized that I like you, alot."

"Flynn I-"

"And I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth." Flynn says. "I like you Julie."

I can't say the kiss didn't mean anything because that would be a lie. But I still didn't know the deal with this boy I was remembering. There was some kind of connection there, I could feel it. But I also had a great connection with Flynn, and here she was right now. There was no question about her or how I knew her like there was with Mystery Boy.

"I like you too." I say. "But there's something I also gave to tell you."

Luke's POV

I was walking around the strip with Renzo and he was teaching me on a bunch of stuff I missed out on during those twenty five years. But, I've been meaning to talk to him about something.

"Hey Renzo?" I say.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Hey um....I know you didn't mean anything by it, but there's certain things you can't mention around Reggie, Alex too. All of us can get a little sensitive around certain things."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone." Renzo says. "You should have told me." I knew he was right, he never would have mentioned anything if I told him. "So what are these topics, so I know not to bring them up?"

"Well none of us like talking about our families. Alex's parents weren't supportive of him being gay and Reggie's parents were always arguing, and his father was just horrible. And then with the drinking, his mom had a drinking problem and he was always left helping her. So just keep the conversation less personal. Epically don't ask Alex about his uncle or Reggie about his brother."

"Noted." Renzo smiles. "Yeah you should invite them to the next party we go to. You guys could play there even! How about tonight?"

"Omygosh that's right!" I exclaim remembering I had band practice. I was already half an hour late. "I have band practice, I'm already late I'll see you later." I say. "And of course, we'd be happy tonight."

"Have fun." Renzo waves at me and I poof into the studio.

Alex's POV
Flashback- 1989 (age 11)

"You what!?" My father roars.

"Sweetie, you're just confused." My mom says. I looked back and forth at them, confused by their reaction. All I did was answer their question. They asked me if I liked anyone in my class and I told them about Sam. They seemed cool at first until I said he was really cute.

"But you asked if I liked anyone." I say. "And I like Sam, he's really-"

"He's a boy." My dad shouted. What did him having to be a boy have to do with it? I just thought he was really nice and cool. Besides it was just a crush. It's not like we're engaged. I thought it was normal to get a crush when you're a kid.

"I'm a boy." I say, not understanding the problem.

"Exactly." My dad says. "You're supposed to like girls."

I mean girls are nice but I mean....I wouldn't really want to date one. How was that a problem?

"I'm calling your uncle." He says. "He's a pastor, he'll help you get that sinful idea out of your head." He says.

"Michael, don't you think that your brother is a little too-" My mom starts.

"He'll do what's necessary." My dad says walking over to the phone on the wall.

**
That weekend, my uncle came over.

"Thanks for coming." My dad says. "Can you fix him?"

What did he mean fix me? What was wrong with me?

"I certainly will try." My uncle says.

He walks over to me and kneels down so he can meet me at eye level.

"Hey Alex, so your dad tells me you like a boy from your class?"

I nodded. I never knew just a simple crush would cause this many problems. I wish I never told my parents about Sam.

"Well how about we change that?" My uncle says. "Come with me, let's go downstairs so we have a bit more privacy."

So me and my uncle down to the basement. I had a nicer basement then most people. It was basically set up like our first floor. Someone could live down there practically. Whenever we had guests, they normally stayed down here.

"Alright Alex, so tell me...how does this Sam kid make you feel." He asks, digging in his bag for something.

"Well...he's really funny and he has a gorgeous smile." I say. "I think he's kinda cute and-"

Before I could even finish, I felt a pain in my arm. My uncle had whipped me with a belt.

"You're supposed to feel that way about girls." He says.

"But why?" I ask. He whips me again, harder this time. Tears form in my eyes from the pain. I didn't understand why he was doing this to me.

"Because." Was all he said before whipping me again. I cry out in pain. My parents don't come running down, and my uncle doesn't stop.

Every weekend, my uncle would come over. He'd take me down to the basement and ask me how I felt about boys, and how I felt about girls. Every time I told him the truth, and he would whip me. Eventually I understood that me being a guy liking another guy wasn't socially acceptable. So, I started answering my uncle's questions they way he wanted me to. I didn't care that it was a lie, because the whippings stopped.

Present time

Me and Reggie were still waiting for Luke to begin reheresing. He was super late.

"I say we just start without him." I say.

"He'll be here." Reggie says. "I know he will, he has to."

"Reg, we don't have a lot of time left, I have a date with Willie in thrifty minutes." I say.

"Just one more minute." Reggie says.

"Fine, sixty seconds, but that's it."

Just then, Luke poofs in the studio. Finally.

"Sorry I'm late." He says, grabbing his gutair. "I got caught up with Renzo."

"Whatever, let's just get started." Reggie says.

"Oh wait, there's something I forgot to tell you about." I say. "A recorded labeler came by and wants to sing us."

"Really?! That's great!" Luke exclaimed. "We're finally getting our music out in the world!"

"I know, it's so exciting!" I say. "All you got to do his sign here." I say handing them the clipboard. They each signed their names and handed me back the clipboard. It was official, our music will soon be out for the whole world to hear.

"Oh yeah, by the way we have a gig tonight." Luke says. "Renzo invited us to play at this party."

"Sure, sounds like fun." I say. "Can I bring Willie?"

"Sure." Luke says.

"Hey Reg, you should bring that Lucy girl." I say.

"Yeah, okay." Reggie says. "Let's just reherse."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 170 50
Sunset Curve, a group of four boys in a rock band with big, big dreams, and a girl born to a rich family, she is in much need of an escape, and has a...
4.9K 108 28
I do NOT own JATP or any of the characters. I own the plot of my story and any original characters not in the show. Julie and her band have just play...
30.1K 705 23
For any Julie and the Phantoms fans who ship Willex, this is for you. Julie, the rest of the band, Willie, and Flynn are hanging out in Julie's bedr...
18.6K 513 26
"listen to these lyrics, Julie. Listen to what you wrote." ----------------------------------- Julie, Luke, Reggie, Alex, and Flynn, have all been fr...