Love you more

By SowmyaVenkatesan1

Ananya's plan was to keep a low profile and complete her high school. Falling in love was not her plan. Falli... More

1 : Yes! I'm dating a hot guy. But let's discuss something else
2: Hell!
3: Well, I thought that was hell!
4: Goodbyes
5: What could be worse than witch burning?
6: Hot guy? No thanks, I am keeping a low profile.
7: Bad boys are not my type!
8: For the record, I don't bite!
9: Scoring zero really warms people towards you
10: I have no plans of seducing!
11: Monday stinks no matter what!
12: 5 tips on how not to handle Village bad boys!
13: Colour-coded timetable is a real turn-on
14: There is no such thing as dating!
15: People can hyperventilate when kissed, just like Bella Swan!
16: Birthday surprise
17: I like vanilla. I meant the ice cream!
18: I want to get drunk and laid!
19: Off the record, I do bite!
20: I wish he just bit me back
21: Sweet revenge
22: Angry confession
23: Drunken dreams
24: Injection to prevent dog bite!
25: 'I love you' doesn't mean 'marry me'!
26: Thou shall never go out shopping!
27: Every Indian's ultimate goal in life is marriage
28: I don't like jumping up and down in muddy puddles!
29: Wishing for a PG-13 or at least a PG moment!
30: People here are way too innocent
31: He gave up biryani for me!
32: Nosy nanbar*! (*Friend)
33: I just hugged you. No need to get violent!
34: Always choose lesser of the evil
35: Gatecrashing a date!
36: Never ask a woman a question and expect a straight answer
37: Friends with benefits or just benefits?
38: It's gross to make out in public
39: I don't like package deals
40: Truth or Dare is the most boring game in the world
41: Finally! Sweet romance
42: Senthil's POV
43: When I first met her
44: I hate rich spoiled brats.
45: Menarche.
46: My poker straight little brother
47: I would die before I leave her
48: Menarche Again!
49: Lies
50: Open the goddamn door!
51: Women! The day they make sense is the day the world ends
52: She is the death of me
53: I am the king of cast-offs
54: Beggars can't be choosers
55: Disappointed to see you
57: This girl knows how to throw a punch
Epilogue
Bonus chapter: Not a shitty Disney film ending

56: Apologies

192 15 2
By SowmyaVenkatesan1

Ananya's POV

I took Sai's advice and visualized both scenarios. It was far more painful to imagine a life without Senthil. But it hurt just as much to imagine him ignoring or running away from me.

I woke up to someone kissing me. Senthil was lying next to me. Was I hallucinating? He hugged me. He was absolutely solid. Senthil was in my bed.

I tried to get up, but he hugged me tightly, preventing me.

"Ananya..." he said drunkenly.

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe."

"You reek of whiskey."

"Ya, you caught me. I am drunk."

"I thought you don't drink..."

"I don't. Ananya... I love you."

"You shouldn't be here, leave."

"You promised you would never leave me. Please don't leave."

"We will talk tomorrow once you are sober."

"Don't leave me."

I pushed him, he rolled over with his head hanging out of the bed. He became violently sick and vomited. I helped him up, lest he choked on his vomit. After vomiting, he rolled over and promptly got back to sleep.

It took me a while to clean my room. I slumped next to Senthil, he was mumbling in his sleep. I put my ears near him.

I blushed. God! He was mumbling my name. He uttered my name as a benediction. Guilt washed over me. I still thought what he did was wrong. Even though I hated to admit it, I was not entirely faultless. I should have provided him a chance to explain. I should have talked about my feelings. I should have told him how I was hurt each time he walked away.

He sleepily pulled me into a hug, I rested my head on his arms. I needed it as much as he did.

Senthil was trying to escape unnoticed in the morning.

"Going somewhere?" I asked. He stopped and turned sheepishly.

"Don't go anywhere," I said and headed to the bathroom, when I came back he was sitting on my bed.

"Care to explain?"

"Ananya.. I am sorry."

"mmm"

He looked up at me with puppy eyes as he said, "Ananya, please don't go to Canada."

When I didn't say anything, he rushed forward and hugged me, "Ananya I can't live without you. Please don't leave."

"I have not applied to any colleges yet."

He clutched onto me like a lifeline, "Ananya I never lied to you. My parents agreed for me to marry Priya a long time ago. I never.." he faltered. "I never meant to hurt you."

I gently pushed him away as I said, "Do you know how it feels every time you push me and walk away? When you ignore me? What is your excuse?"

"I am sorry."

"I am hurt, Senthil. I trusted you. Even when Thirumalai accused you, I never once gave it even a single thought. I trusted you explicitly."

"I know, I am sorry."

"Is that all you have to say, that you are sorry?"

"Ananya, I am sorry that I seem to push you away but that was never my intention."

"Then what were your intentions? Even after the first time we made love, the first thing you did was to run away from me. I was hurt Senthil. Even though it hurt I was understanding, I never said a word as long as you came back. I just wanted to be with you."

He just looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I can't do this anymore, Senthil. I can't live like this when you hold me in such low regard."

"Ananya, please don't say that."

"I can't. Each time I lay my heart bare to you, you push me away leaving me broken. There are only so many times I could pick myself."

"Please, I can't live without you. Please just give me one more chance."

"Fine, but I need..." I was cut short as Senthil gave me a bear hug.

"Senthil!" I scolded and moved away a little.

"Sorry, I missed you like hell."

"I am still angry with you."

"Just punch me."

"I don't punch people."

"I love you," Senthil said, putting more feelings in those three words.

"Promise me you won't ignore me. Promise me you will respect my feelings."

"I promise. I will never run away from you. Please forgive me."

"Apology accepted." I hesitated, before adding, "I am sorry too. I never gave you a chance to explain."

"You have every right to be angry with me."

He stood looking at me for a few seconds before adding, "Ananya, please can I stay a bit longer?"

I nodded. Senthil hugged me gently. He relaxed with our hug and I found myself relaxing too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 130K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
35.5K 2.2K 96
[Completed] Nysa is a Senior, her last year of high school. Fourth year of being unknown and unnoticed. Fourth year of straight As. Fourth year of de...
197 43 20
At some point everybody begins to get tired of the monotony in their lives. In my personal experience it has caused me to make stupid decisions. One...
93 0 15
The Absolute Guide to NOT Talking to Girls! This first book is the start to a boy's new love life and the start to him learning the ways he's not su...