Brother from another mother

By Navya73

Mike Ross and Harvey Specter bromance stuff. Nothing of the romantic sorts. More

Introduction
Best Man
HOSPITAL VISIT
Mike's Grammy
Heartless Boss
Asthama Attack
Second Job
Rainy day
Car crash
High Noon AU
25th Hour
Guilt
Loyalty
Faith AU
Karl - The Junior Partner
Fast Cars
Daddy!
Harvey as a dad. [Part-1]
Harvey as a dad. [Part-2]
Harvey as a dad.[Part-3]
Harvey as a dad.[Part-4]
Harvey as a dad.[Part-5]
Harvey as a dad.[Part-6]
Harvey as a dad. [Part-7]
Harvey as a dad.[Part-8]
A/N
I'll be there for you
Disbarment
All for you
Trevor [Part-1]
Trevor [Part-2]
Trevor [Part-3]
Trevor [Part-4]
Trevor [Part-5]
Samantha Ronson [Part-1]
Samantha Ronson [Part-2]
Samantha Ronson [Part-3]
Samantha Ronson [Part-4]
Boat or Yacht? [Part-1]
Boat or Yacht? [Part- 2]
Boat or Yacht? [Part-3]
Boat or Yacht? [Part-4]
Boat or Yacht? [Part-5]
Mine. [Part-1]
Mine. [Part-2]
"I'm in love with you, Mike Ross."
Splinter
Puppy Care
Star Wars and Scissors. [Part-1]
Star Wars and Scissors. [Part-2]
Star Wars and Scissors. [Part-3]
Stabbed
Blood in the water AU [Part-1]
Blood in the water AU. [Part-2]
Blood in the water AU [Part-3]
Blood in the water AU. [Part-4]
Blood in the water AU. [Part-5]
Blood in the water AU. [Part-6]
Blood in the water AU [Part-7]
Muggers. [Part-1]
Muggers. [Part-2]
Driving lessons.
"Remember how that felt".
Superheroes
Brothers.
Hypnotherapy
Heat Wave. [Part-1]
Heat Wave. [Part-2]
Heat Wave. [Part-3]
Heat Wave. [Part-4]
Heat Wave. [Part-5]
Guns
Silence.
"Grief is the price we pay for love. "
Post-its. [Part-1]
Post-its. [Part-2]
Post-its. [Part-3]
Post-its. [Part-4]
Post-its. [Part-5]
Post-its. [Part-6]
Post-its. [Part-7]
Post-its. [Part-8]
Post-its. [Part-9]
Post-its. [Part-10]
Post-its. [Part-11]
Post-its. [Part-12]
A/N
Harvey is a dad!
Separation anxiety
Uncle Nick gave Mikey too much sugar.
Snow!
Harvey's parents.
Buses.
"I'm four!"
5 times Mike Ross realised he didn't have a dad
Ex-specter Patronum
5 times Harvey Specter saved Mike's life.
Arc of the Covenant injuries.
5 times Mike sucked at sports.
A/N

Parks.

541 17 2
By Navya73

Mike sat cross legged on Harvey's couch, reading through a heavy law book for fun. He had finished the homework his bemused teachers had set - and to be fair, any teacher would be bemused when being told they'd be getting a new student and opening the door - expecting to find another 16 year old who didn't want to be there, only to find a smiling 6 year old stood there instead.

Although even the 16 year old work was again too easy he found solace in the familiar feeling of being the smartest kid in the grade. Even if they were all 10 years older than him. Teachers kept telling Harvey that Mike should go to a private school and get him tested - and hey, he could even go to college by 8. Harvey simply smiled at them indulgently and replied that he'd consider sending his son to college when he could tie his own shoe laces without help.

Harvey walked into the office and ruffled Mike's hair as he walked past, feeling the kid lean his head back slightly in response to the affection. "Hey, kiddo - find anything interesting?"

"I've already read this one," Mike sighed, pushing himself up off the couch and giving Harvey a hug, standing on his tip toes on the couch to wrap his arms round Harvey's neck. "I'm bored." Harvey smiled at him and used the grip Mike had to pick the kid up. "Daddy!" He whined, struggling ever so slightly to get out of it but secretly liking it.

"What?" Harvey asked, "I was under the impression my little boy wanted to be lifted up. My mistake," he grinned as Mike held on tighter. Sure, the kid was now 6 and a lot bigger than he had been at 3 but it still felt like nothing to lift him up.

"I'm not little!" Mike said indignantly.

"Oh, you're not?" Harvey asked, a grin on his face as he walked over to his chair.

"Nope," Mike said firmly. "You measured me against the wall the other day, remember?"

Harvey smiled, remembering well. Mike had pulled at his hand and made him go into the mess that was his room and passed him a pencil, drawing himself up against the wall. Harvey had ticked off a mark just above Mike's head and let the kid grab a tape measure, writing down beside it how tall he was.

And if Donna gave a snide remark about how it was just to keep tabs on if his son was growing up properly or not; well she was very wrong.

Even if Harvey had checked online afterwards and then panicked slightly upon the realisation that Mike was short for his age.

Specter men weren't short for their age.

Harvey decreed that the internet must be wrong.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?" Harvey was reading a file with Mike sat on his lap. He had sat down with Mike still in his arms and so had adjusted his hold for Mike to sit very comfortably on his knees as he pulled a folder out.

"I'm bored."

"You've said," Harvey replied, highlighting something in his file.

"Can I go somewhere?" Mike asked, chewing on his thumb as he gazed up at Harvey.

"Like where? Donna's desk? The park? Disneyland? Maybe I can arrange a shuttle to take you to the moon?" Harvey suggested.

"Can I go to the park?"

"I'm too busy, Mike," Harvey said regretfully, cursing the fact that his job left him with the options of either bring his son into work or leave him at home with someone who wasn't Harvey.

"Hence why I asked if I could go," Mike sniped.

"I'm not letting you go there on your own, Mike," Harvey told him, rubbing his side apologetically as he could practically hear the boy pouting miserably.

"Why not? I'm not actually 6, I know what not to do, and - "

"Mike, you might not actually be 6, but you pretty much act like it most of the time," Harvey said, his patience running out because he had to get through this file.

"Do not!"

"You need a night light, you suck your thumb, you call me 'daddy', you play with your toys, you - " He was stopped in his list as Mike just got off his lap and stormed out the room. "Mike!" He waited but Mike didn't look back. "Mike!"

The kid just disappeared from his view. Harvey felt like throwing something against the wall. Why had he even done that? Was he really that dense to think that mentioning all of the things that Mike saw as weaknesses was a good thing? Those things happened to be the things he loved best about his son.

And Mike didn't even know that. He now thought that Harvey sneered at him for it - he'd effectively broken all of the trust he had worked so hard to earn.

And now his son was missing.

"Harvey?"

He looked up to see Donna stood in his doorway.

"Where's Mike?"

"He..." Harvey couldn't tell her.

"What have you done?"

"What makes you think I've done anything?" He snarled, too frustrated to pull any sort of poker face.

"Because you're sitting here looking like you've just made a little boy cry. Now while that might not actually make you upset, the fact that it was more than likely your little boy makes it even worse."

"Donna, I - "

She held up a hand. "I don't want to know what was said, I just want to know why you aren't with him right now."

Harvey stood up, glowering at her. He hated to think that it seemed like Donna was making him go find Mike; he had been planning on going anyway - his son could be anywhere.

His son could be anywhere.

"Donna, I have no idea where he's gone," Harvey said so suddenly that Donna thought she might get whiplash. "He could be anywhere - he could have talked to anyone, he could - "

"Harvey, calm down," Donna said - which he thought was pretty contradictory to what she was saying before. "I'll go check the usual places. You go see Louis and Jessica. Okay? If he's not there, then we'll check CCTV."

Harvey nodded, his heart in his mouth as he realised this wasn't just like all the other times that Mike managed to disappear in the firm. Those other times he had just wandered, feeling incredibly guilty afterwards when Harvey finally found him. This time he was angry and was probably purposefully going somewhere he knew Harvey wouldn't find him.

Harvey got to Louis' office and looked in. The man was in there on his own. "Louis, have you seen Mike?" Harvey got straight to the point, too worried to lead up to the question with some masterful insults.

"No, Harvey," Louis sighed, looking through a brief. "I haven't. How many times is that now that you've lost him?"

"Never mind," Harvey growled, leaving the room to see if Mike had gone to see Jessica. He was still somewhat scared of her, but Harvey had found him in there a few times, just talking or falling asleep on her couch. And she couldn't hide the maternal glee at seeing him, however much she told Harvey that if he wanted to keep his rugrat at the firm, he better look after him properly and not let him burst into her office when she was busy.

Jessica; like Louis, was on her own in the office. "Harvey," she looked up, surprised. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I've lost Mike again," Harvey told her.

"You do seem to have a habit of doing that," she agreed, pressing a speed dial on her office phone. She told CCTV that she wanted footage because 'Harvey's lost the kid again' and looked at Harvey significantly.

"Look, I just - I just need to find him, alright?" Harvey said, sighing. "He's angry this time; I don't know what he'll have done."

"Harvey, every time this happens you 'need to find him'," Jessica reminded him, making quotation marks with her fingers. "And every time he's just wandered and is fine. So just - " she was cut off by her phone ringing. Raising her eyebrows at Harvey she answered.

Harvey felt some of the blood drain from his face as Jessica's face hardened and she hung up the phone. "They said we need to go down there to watch the footage," she said, getting out her cell and dialling.

"Jessica, what's happened?" Harvey asked, but knew enough as he saw her entering 3 digits into her cell.

911.

Mike kicked at Donna's desk as he left Harvey's office. She fortunately wasn't there, or he might have been killed for that. He dodged some employees who knew him and tried to extend their hands to talk to him and was soon on the side walk outside the firm.

He bit his lip - as angry as he was, he didn't want to break Harvey's number 1 rule - don't leave the building - but he was just so angry at what he'd said.

"Hey, kid," Mike glanced up to see some guy stood in front of him. He was dressed well and clean shaven - he looked quite pleasant.

"Do I know you?" Mike asked, looking over the guy to see if he had a badge to get into the firm or if he even looked like a lawyer.

"I'm a friend of your dad's," the guy shrugged. "Why are you out here on your own?"

"None of your business," Mike growled, wondering if he should slowly inch back into the firm.

"Hey, it's alright," the guy gave a small smile. "Look, I'm on my break and need company. Fancy coming with me to the park? Your dad told me how much you like to go."

Mike looked at the man for a few more seconds. He did want some adult company right now. Someone who didn't care that sometimes he acted like the 6 year he appeared to be. Another wave of frustration hit him as he remembered Harvey's words and nodded, following this man to the park.

Harvey watched with building horror as on the monitor, Mike started talking to a stranger outside the firm.

"Why would he do that?" Donna asked whilst blinking rapidly, trying to not let any tears leave her eyes. "He knows not to talk to strangers."

"He's in a law firm, Donna," Harvey explained raggedly. "He talks to all the adults like they're his friends - he can't talk to anyone else. He has me and you. That's it. He's too smart for kids his own age and too shy to talk to any of them anyway. He just assumes that a lawyer will be his friend and dammit where is my son?"

The CCTV guys flinched at his tone and tried to find Mike on the other cameras outside the firm. Harvey grasped the back of a chair as Mike threw a hateful glance at the building before nodding to the guy and walking away with him. "I want this guy's head on a spike," Harvey said dangerously, and even the police officers that had arrived stepped back slightly. "Right. Now."

"We've got a good picture," one of the officers assured him. "We're sending it round. If this guy is wanted we'll find him."

"And if he's not?" Harvey asked. "What'll you do? Put Mike's face on a milk carton and every year write to me telling me how sorry you are that you couldn't catch this guy?"

"Mr Specter it's only just happened, we're cautiously optimistic - "

"Don't give me that, I've been to criminal trials - I've seen what guys like this," he spat, pointing at the camera screens, "do to kids like Mike. The chances of finding him right now are laughable."

"Harvey," Donna said in a quiet voice, going to touch his arm.

He wrenched it away. "Excuse me," he said gruffly, leaving the room.

He located the closest bathroom in the vicinity and threw up.

"I like coming here," the guy told Mike, walking through the park, watching other people - dog walkers, parents with strollers.

Mike nodded, feeling tension drain from his body. He loved parks. He had so many happy memories of parks. There were times with his parents, his Grammy, his... his Harvey.

His daddy.

His daddy who he actually kinda missed right now.

"Hey, I think I'm going to go back now," Mike said, turning to go. Suddenly, a hand grasped his upper arm. "Ow! What are you doing?"

"Don't leave yet," the guy said in a perfectly calm tone. "We've barely gotten very far in."

Okay, now he really wanted to go back. "Get off me!" Mike wrenched his arm out of the man's grasp and ran. Ran as fast as his annoyingly short legs could take him.

Unfortunately, he was being chased by a guy with much longer legs than he himself possessed. He upped his pace, heart pounding in fear and anger - why had he just assumed this guy knew Harvey, just because he said he had? Harvey wouldn't associate himself with anyone like this.

"Hey, where you going, sport?" The guy asked with an easy laugh - anyone watching would assume Mike was just messing about with his dad.

This thought panicked and angered him. "Let me go!" He yelled as he was once again grabbed around the arm. "Daddy!" He yelled, stupidly thinking that Harvey could hear him.

And he should - Harvey would hear him and find him and it would all be fine.

"Stop wriggling, kid," the man growled, managing to get a good grasp and hold Mike as he quickly walked further into the park.

Harvey placed his hands either side of the sink and rested his forehead on a mirror, breathing shallowly. He looked into the mirror, surprised to see his eyes were red, the image of himself blurring as his eyes filled up.

"Dammit!" He yelled, punching the mirror with his fist. The pain felt good, it meant he could focus on something other than his too-fast heart and the overwhelming guilt he could feel. Why had he lost his patience? He shouldn't have said anything, just gently pushed Mike into Louis' office - for a man who seemed to get on appallingly badly with Mike he had a way of keeping him occupied. Mike even enjoyed his company.

"Harvey?" He ducked his head as Donna strode into the men's toilets fearlessly. "Harvey, I know how terrifying this is, but you need to try and keep a cool head - you're not good to Mike if you're breaking down in toilets."

It was so blunt that Harvey couldn't help but let a small chuckle bubble up and break forth, quickly turning and rubbing his hands over his face to try and disguise the fact he was wiping away tears. "Come here," Harvey felt Donna pull on his elbow and as he turned she got him into a hug that he couldn't really break away from - didn't really want to break away from. He let himself rest his cheek against the side of her head, feeling her rubbing on his back as he had done to Mike countless times.

Mike...

"It's okay," Donna whispered, tears streaming down her face as she felt Harvey shuddering in her arms - Harvey Specter; the man who didn't show emotion. "It'll be fine. We'll find him."

"I swear, kid - I will enjoy you," the man hissed as Mike wouldn't stop wriggling desperately. What was meant to no doubt be a scare tactic worked in the sense that Mike was even more terrified; but it just renewed a desperate need to escape in him.

He tried to inch down slightly - the man had twisted him so he was holding him the way Harvey sometimes did if he was really upset - his head would usually just tuck underneath Harvey's chin and rest on his shoulder. Mike suddenly froze in his movements and the man was momentarily stunned that he had stopped.

"See, isn't it easier to just - son of a bitch!" He howled and his grip loosened, causing Mike to drop to the floor - moments before the man did the same. He had managed to get a solid kick into the guy's crotch and quickly ran, weaving in and out of the bushes, hoping he would stay down long enough for Mike to get a good distance away.

"We got a positive ID back on the guy," an officer said to a woman who was clearly in charge of the investigation. "Simon Webb - he's wanted in 4 states for child abduction and... uh - " he looked over at Harvey tactlessly, wondering whether to say it in front of the guy who's kid had just been kidnapped and looked like he hadn't slept in 5 years, his eyes lined with red.

Thankfully, the woman just nodded. "MO?"

"He convinces the kids that he knows one of their parents and they follow him somewhere - whether it's because he says they're meeting up with the kid's parents or because he's 'known them all their lives'. Sometimes introduces himself as their uncle."

Harvey felt faintly sick again.

"He takes them into an undisturbed part of the area and..." the guy tailed off again, but Harvey knew all too well what he was saying.

"We've got officers combing the park," the woman said. "We need - " she was stopped by her radio going off. "You've...? He has? Okay, stay there, I'll send some back up your way."

Harvey had his hand in a vice-like grip that were crushing Donna's fingers. He had heard the words 'Webb' and 'found' over the radio and waited desperately to see what was being said. The female officer smiled at him. "It seems you have one brave son, Mr Specter - Simon Webb was found on the ground by one of our officers - apparently someone had kicked him in the nuts," she smirked. "Your son wasn't there so he must have ran - it won't be too long until we find him; the situation is nowhere near as desperate as before."

Harvey was feeling so much emotion he wasn't sure what to do with himself. At first he felt clear relief. Then pride. Then fear once more. Then indignation that the officer didn't think the situation was still desperate. His son was still missing!

"Mr Specter - does your son know the park well?" The officer asked him urgently.

"I - I guess so; we go there quite often," Harvey replied, trying to think. Mike had wanted to go to the park that very afternoon. Harvey vowed the first thing he was doing was taking Mike to the park every single day after this.

"Is there a place he likes particularly?" The officer pressed. "Somewhere special to the two of you, or just somewhere he enjoys?"

"The play park," Harvey immediately answered. "He likes the play equipment."

The officer nodded and spoke into the radio. "We'll have people looking - "

"Screw that," Harvey said, finally leaving the room and his hold on Donna's hand.

"Harvey - "

"Donna, Mike is out in that park somewhere - there's still the chance anyone could have him," Harvey reminded her. "I'm going to find him."

Mike tore through the park, stumbling and tripping - grazing his arms and muddying his trousers. He gave an odd sob as he approached the play park. He hadn't even been heading towards it - but it looked like a good place to hide; there were people and he could find his way back to the firm from there.

He dove for the jungle gym and found a tunnel he often went to when Harvey had a spare hour and brought him there.

Mike giggled as Harvey grabbed him by the stomach - ignoring the damage that would undoubtedly be done to his suit as he kicked through the dead leaves that had fallen onto the ground. There was no one else in the play park, and Mike had foolishly grabbed a handful of leaves and snuck up on Harvey, who had been talking with a client whilst sat on a bench. He had thrown them on top of the older man and gave a happy shriek as Harvey jumped but then just as quickly got up, a twinkle in his eyes as he asked the client to excuse him for a second as he chased the toddler.

"Daddy that tickles!" Mike could hardly breathe and giggled delightedly as Harvey threw him up in the air slightly. Mike quickly wriggled out of his grip and ran - his light, happy laughs floating in the wind, like music to Harvey's ears.

Mike dived into a plastic tube and crawled to the middle, giggling as Harvey peered in, an eyebrow raised. "You'll need to come out at some point, Mikey," Harvey told him. "I can be a very patient person."

Mike giggled again and backed away to the other end of the tube, but a hand suddenly snake around his ankle. "No, Daddy!" He shrieked happily.

"I'm faster than you," Harvey smirked but let Mike's foot go, before quickly diving to the other end, smiling as Mike quickly backed away from that end. Mike giggling again and shuffled backwards. Just as Harvey got to the other end Mike dived out of the one Harvey had just been at.

"Tricked you!" Mike yelled, bounding away, trying to climb up the jungle gym before Harvey reached him. It wasn't to be, however, and Harvey quickly grabbed him again, giving a small laugh as Mike huffed. "I nearly got away."

"Yep, you're getting faster - one day you'll manage to get away from me," Harvey joked, patting Mike's back as he walked back to the client. "Sorry about that."

The client had shrugged, bemused - but Harvey had later been told by Jessica that the client had convinced his family and some business partners to join the firm - because they had lawyers who cared about family.

Mike gave a sob and curled up inside the tube that so many times had a grinning Harvey at the other end.

"Harvey, you don't even know if he's actually here!" Donna's protests fell on deaf ears as Harvey arrived at the park. He caught a glimpse of some officers combing the grounds around it and somehow felt slightly better. They had to find Mike.

He didn't actually know what to do if they never did.

His gaze roved slowly around the park - the location of so many laughs and memories. He swore that the next time Mike asked to go to the park, Harvey would drop everything and take him - just to hear his laugh again.

That sweet, sweet laugh which he always got - a delighted, giggly shriek when Harvey joined in the game - when he cornered Mike at one end of the tunnel...

The tunnel.

A simple, plain, dusty yellow, plastic tube which Mike delighted in hiding from him in.

He walked towards it, ignoring Donna's questions. He pulled up as he heard crying. He knew that crying. It was the worst sound to his ears; it made his days darker and he would always give anything to turn it into a smile.

"Mikey?" Harvey bent down, his heart soaring regardless of seeing his little boy crying because his little boy was fine. "Hey, buddy. We've been looking everywhere for you."

Mike gave a large sniff and rubbed at his eyes as he looked up. He saw Harvey at the other end of the tunnel - like so many times before except instead of an outright grin he had a small, sad smile. "Daddy!" He cried, quickly trying to clamber out of the tube, sobbing even more now that Harvey was finally there.

Harvey quickly opened his arms to get an armful of small child. Not caring about his suit pants he slid to his knees, letting Mike rest wherever he wanted. He breathed in the smell of clean hair - marred only slightly by the dirt on the ground and the nauseating smell of Webb's cologne. "It's alright, Mikey - are you okay?" Harvey whispered.

God help the world if Harvey Specter's little boy was in any way injured.

Thankfully, Mike nodded, clutching at Harvey's tie and sobbing onto his shoulder. Harvey rocked him, closing his eyes as he kept a desperate hold of Mike, breathing in deeply. "You had us worried," he whispered, kissing the boy's forehead.

"'M sorry," Mike murmured.

"It's okay," Harvey shushed him, refusing to stand up as some officers approached with Donna in tow. "Just next time you get angry at me - go hide somewhere I can find you, okay?"

"You still found me," Mike hiccuped, feeling Harvey finally stand up and start walking. A female officer came over with a blanket, asking if Harvey wanted her to look after him, but quickly jumped back as the man all but snarled and yanked the blanket out of her hands, covering Mike with it protectively. They soon arrived at the firm, and suddenly there was chaos, as everyone flocked around them.

"Harvey, is he okay?" Jessica approached, looking relieved at the sight of Harvey clutching the boy.

"He's alright," Harvey said - sounding more like he was trying to convince himself than anything. "He's okay. Hey, buddy," he shushed as Mike's lip wobbled in sheer relief, "it's okay. Hmm? It's alright."

"Scared," Mike mumbled, squeezing his eyes tight at the confession. "I was so, so scared, Daddy."

"It's fine," Harvey shushed. "Daddy's right here now - you're never leaving my sight again. Got it?"

"Ever?" Donna chipped in, trying to lighten the mood ever so slightly.

"Maybe when you're 25, we can talk," Harvey said, stroking tears off Mike's cheeks. Mike gave a sniffle that could have been a laugh and rested his head on Harvey's shoulder tiredly. "You've been through a lot today, huh?" Harvey whispered, stroking the back of Mike's hair. The little boy responded by nuzzling into Harvey's neck - and it felt like he was just breathing in Harvey's scent. "Go to sleep, kiddo," Harvey said softly. "I'll be right here with you," he promised.

"Love you, Daddy," Mike said, somewhat shyly.

Harvey fought down the lump in his throat before answering. "I love you too, Mikey. So, so much. Got it? If I ever get angry with you - I don't mean anything I say, okay?" Mike nodded, sucking his thumb. "Good. At some point we'll talk about what you did wrong today," Harvey told him, without any bite in his statement whatsoever. "But just go to sleep, baby boy."

"Not a baby," Mike mumbled in what Harvey assumed was tired outrage. To be fair, Harvey hadn't planned on saying it. But having Mike in his arms and so close after such a day - he was allowed to be slightly mushy and affectionate.

"You're my baby," Harvey assured him, loving how embarrassed Mike got. He planned on using that line a lot more often. Even though the little boy seemed embarrassed as Harvey said it, Mike simply nodded in possible agreement and nuzzled closer still, his grip on Harvey's clothes not loosening even as he fell asleep.

"Harvey, I think when you had your shower this morning you mistakenly used some sort of herbal, skin smoothing cream," Donna informed him.

"As opposed to my skin searing, rolled-in-barbed-wire shampoo?" Harvey asked her, rolling his eyes.

"Exactly. You're far too calm and caring."

"It's Mike," Harvey replied simply. "I'm allowed to be."

Donna smiled at him and shook her head, just as Jessica walked up to them. "I'm assuming you're going to try and sue this man for as much as possible."

"Oh I'm going to sway the jury towards the death penalty," Harvey assured her as he rubbed the sleeping boy's back.

"And I'm sure you could manage it," she replied. "You have the firm's full backing in this - I'll act as co-council. And I'll take Louis with me for him to act as my co-council if they don't let you in on it."

"And what did you bribe him with to do that?" Harvey muttered.

"Oh he volunteered," Jessica informed him with a small smile.

"And how long is he going to hold it over my head?" Harvey asked.

"I think you'll find it's not always about you, Harvey," Jessica said. "Seems like everyone was quite worried about Mike today. In fact, I think the associates are clubbing together to buy him something. But you didn't hear it from me," she winked, watching his face as he appeared deep in thought.

"I'm not surprised," Harvey said smugly. "He's an alright kid."

"Really?" She said, her hands on her hips. "Are you honestly trying that one with me now?"

Harvey gave her a small, genuine smile as he shifted Mike's weight slightly. "I'm not surprised," he said seriously. "He's the best kid I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 217 13
the one where Louis works at a café and Harry just keeps coming back because Louis is his favorite person. and also, soulmate shit
23.9K 428 23
Cheaters and a lot of choices. {Gender friendly}
99.8K 1.1K 57
Just a bunch of random "Anne with an E" characters (mostly boys) imagines, preferences.
1.3M 27.1K 123
Basically what the title says!