Post-its. [Part-7]

As he did every morning, Mike carefully made sure that Dex was resting comfortably on the stand and was half in shade and half not, so his paint didn't crack or the rims didn't bend because of the heat. Well... they might, who knows? He firmly checked the lock half a dozen times and added an extra, just to be sure. After a firm pat he finally left, letting his hand stroke down Dex's body as he walked away.

He still couldn't believe that Harvey had bought him a bike. Not just any bike, a really good bike. And there had been hugging. He decided to try and reassert his masculinity by not stroking Dex so much anymore.

He strolled into the office and sat down, actually feeling good about being there. He was well-rested, all of his work was done, he had Dex. Everything was fine, except...

His Grammy's bills. She had taken a bad turn a few days ago and while steadily improving, the bills had skyrocketed. He couldn't even afford a laundromat, hence the same suit for the second day that week. He had gone to visit her, and she had given him a very stern look and told him that if the bills were in anyway impeding his life he should move her to a state facility. He had nearly cried when he lied to her. he hated lying to her.

"Don't worry about me, Grammy," he had told her, trying hard to keep up what he liked to call his 'Harvey-face'. His best lawyer/poker face. "I'm fine."

She had let it go, which is what concerned him. Either she hadn't been feeling well, or she was genuinely frightened about going into a state facility. He hoped she felt better.

Mike stretched as he walked back to his desk. He'd just had his lunch break and was already planning about three weeks in advance work-wise. If he haf a certain folder finished in two hours, that left... He stopped, seeing on of Harvey's notes on his desk. He shook his head, smiling, wondering what he wanted.

His smile vanished from his face.

Care home couldn't contact you so they got Donna, who told me, so I'm telling you. Your Grandmother's dead. Sorry about that. But don't think you're getting time off. In fact, if you pull any whiny, grieving crap I'm going to swap you with one Louis' associates - who are actually better since their feelings don't get in the way. Don't leave until tonight, you can deal with her body in the morning.

He was finding it hard to breathe. He stared down at the note, tears building in his eyes. He felt like he'd just been punched - he couldn't believe that only this morning he'd been worrying about her medical fees. They said she'd been on the mend!

And Harvey's note. He thought they'd been getting along okay. Why would Harvey say all that crap? And to tell him about it on a note? Sure he liked writing them, but there was only so much to talk about. And informing someone of their grandmother's... their only lving relative's...

His head was whirring and soon tears were falling thick and fast down his face. He needed to get out. Away from the other associates, who hadn't yet noticed what was happening. He stood up and blindly crushed the note in his hand. He wanted to go see Harvey. Harvey's office seemed like the only safe place right now. But how could he go there? After everything Harvey had said.

"Mike?" He heard Rachel's voice coming from somewhere but he wasn't sure what she was saying. He could feel anger building but still not being able to surpass the grief he felt. He hadn't felt this bad since his parents died, and he barely remembered their deaths. But now Grammy was gone too...

"Mike, what have we said about knocking?" He heard Donna's indignant tone from the desk. This made him feel even worse. Donna had told Harvey what had happened. She was acting like she didn't even care. Sure she had been cold towards him before, but he thought that if it was something genuinely serious...