Marrying the professor

Por may00m

Elena Parker is in her second year in college, she stays with her roommate Laura at the girl's dorm. Most of... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's Note 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note 3
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Notice
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thank you
New Story
Loving The Anti-fan

Chapter 22

11.1K 353 30
Por may00m

Elena Parker POV: 

It felt as if my heart stopped beating for an eternity. Time slowed and I couldn't comprehend what I witnessed. He was kissing Julia, his brother's wife. My thighs tingled in burning, for the spilling of the hot liquor of coffee. 

My chest tightened in agony, and I hardly dragged my legs to move. Leaving the room, I couldn't catch my breath. I don't have the right to question anything, he is willing to do whatever he wants. But why it feels deceiving to me? 

He is a free man, as I'm a free woman. I don't have the right to judge or even get angry, it's not that we are involved together in a serious relationship. But all of the things that I'm trying to convince myself with, don't seem to ease the pain in my chest. 

On the contrary, it made me realize that Adam eventually will be with someone after the end of our agreement. 

I stood at the end of the hallway lost in my thoughts. Nurses passed by casting a look on my ruined dress, one with a tray and another with a stack of papers. The smell of detergents filling my nostrils, made me sick. I just can't handle staying at this place. 

Passing the front desk, I marched to the entrance of the ER to leave. 

"Elena, wait," his voice came behind my back. I stilled in my track and hesitantly turned around. Adam was panting barely catching his breaths. 

A shadow of tiredness was cast on his face. My eyes met his and I tried to smile, acting normal, "Yes." 

He gazed at me in weariness, scanning my features trying to read me. His eyebrows furrowed, "It's not what it looks like." 

"Adam, You don't need to justify your actions to me," I shook my head smiling sadly. His eyebrows shot in amusement as he listened. My smile doesn't weaver while I added, "I wouldn't judge you if you are aware of that." 

He steps forward closing the distance between us, clasping my arms in his hands catching me off guard. He shook his head in alert, "Don't." 

"Don't, what?" I asked cluelessly tiling my head.

Adam's hands seemed to pressure my arms, and I looked at him questionably. His expression shifted to fury, he was mad. 

"Don't act like it doesn't matter," he hissed gritting his teeth. My forehead creased in confusion, a serious one. Now, what he wants me to do? to weep? or act hysteric to show that it did indeed matter? 

"What do you want, Adam?" I questioned gazing at him in the eye, ignoring the pain in my arms. His irritation seems to increase by my words, "I want you to say something. I don't know! get mad or ask questions. Just don't act like you don't care!" 

"And why shall I do that?" I asked lowering my tone as if I'm asking it to my own self. This whole situation doesn't make any sense. Adam's grip loosened, his hands dropping by his side. A disappointed look masks his face. 

"Nevermind," he exclaimed coldly. I wandered my gaze to my arms, it was stained with red marks. He seemed to notice them too, and by that, his eyes soften. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," he said apologetically, inspecting the marks. I shrugged my shoulders, "that's fine." 

"No it's not," he stated sharply, wiping his hand on his face in frustration. "Your dress is ruined," he added pointing a look to the brown patch that stained the dress. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

"Did it burn?" he asked with concern. I chewed on my lips since I haven't paid attention to the burning sensation that runs on my thighs. 

"Come here, we need to check it," he gripped me by the wrist dragging me. I winced in pain, for the burn on my skin seemed to increase as I walked. Adam looks back at me, and out of a sudden his hand slide to my back. 

Another hand under my legs as he left me in a bridal way. My left arm clasped behind his neck in startle, my eyes widened, "What are you doing?" 

"you obviously can't walk," he answered, carrying on his walk. My heart hammered in my chest of his closeness, and I found myself blushing for the stares people were giving us. 

Suddenly, Adam stops in his track. Lifting my gaze to what had stopped him. The lady with blonde hair, Julia, stood looking at us. A look of envy and fury painted her perfect features, her face a bright shade of red. 

Ignoring her, Adam passes by. He reaches the room he was in and opens the door. Setting me on the bed, he turns around and left. 

Minutes passed by and then he came with a cream tube. 

"Pull that up," he demanded gesturing to the dress. Oh hell no! I'm not doing that. 

"I will do it myself," I said reaching for the tube. Adam's hands fly away in the opposite direction, out of my reach. "No," he sternly exclaimed. 

"Let me see it," he said in a serious tone. I hesitantly pulled the velvet fabric up, revealing my thighs. Looking at it, the skin was red and irritated. Adam's gaze darted to the burn as his fingers run over it. 

I winced in pain, did he have to do that? 

He opened the tube, squeezing a generous amount of cream. Gently, he spread the cream on my right thigh. His touch sends shivers as he distributed the cool texture. 

My cheeks were heated by the feel of his touches which feels new to me. No one touched me like that before. He stopped spreading cream and looked at me, "Done." 

I nodded my head and pulled my dress down. He stood up with his gaze on my covered thighs, his eyes seems to darken. He seemed lost in his thoughts for a while, but then his phone ringing tone pulls him out. 

"Yeah, no I'm still here," he talked to the caller as he exited the room. 

Sighing, I stared at the floor. This is a mess! this whole thing is exhausting me! It's draining me emotionally. 

ٍStepping off the bed, I reached for the door handle. Voices crept behind the door, it was Adam's and someone's else. 

"I don't know Chase! She came and kissed me out of the blue. She planned the whole thing, timing the entry of Elena. Julia wants to ruin my plan as if it wasn't enough that she left me for my brother. She is a cheap woman who cares about money and power only." 

Eyes widened in shock, I didn't expect such a thing. I mean now, I understand why Julia was acting rudely towards me. It explains the hate I sensed, Adam has towards his brother. Everything kind of made sense. 

My hand that rested on the handle, pushed it down. Adam and Chase looked at me expectantly, I marched towards where they were standing taking small steps as my thighs tingled in pain. 

"Since you are discharged, I will drop you guys," Chase said politely looking at Adam. 

Adam nodded and we all walked to the parking lot outside. I got in the backside of Chase's car while Adam was in the front seat. Can't believe he is Chase West, Caitlyn's fiance. It's odd how coincidence works as he happens to be Adam's friend. 

The ride to Adam's apartment felt heavy and cold with silence. No one said anything. 

Pulling out right in front of the building, I got out of the car. Adam thanked his friend, and we walked side by side to the lobby. The doorman isn't here again. Entering the elevator, Adam presses the button. 

I sighed in exhaustion. It has been a long night, and I barely had any sleep. 

Getting out, I jerked off the keys opening the apartment. It was exactly as I left it last night. The flower vase shattered since I knocked it out of panic. 

Adam notices the shattered object and stops by it, picking the pieces off the floor.

"You're going to cut yourself," I said lowering myself to his level. He looked at me longly as I started picking the remaining pieces. 

"You really won't ask about what happened? Not curious?" he questioned giving me a long deep look that seem to look into my soul. 

"Tell me," I said lowly avoiding his gaze. Standing up, I went to the trash bin dumping the vase shattered pieces in it. 

"You heard us, didn't you?" Adam stood folding his hands. I sighed, "Yes." 

"Then you know," his jaw tightened. I nodded in confirmation. 

"And you still don't care?" his voice folds in a cold tone. I stilled in my place, debating on how to answer that. But no words came out of my lips. 

Adam looks at me in a letdown and turns his back in an attempt to leave the place. No! don't leave. 

Unexpectedly, I found myself rushing to his figure, clasping my arms around him. I buried my face in his back, "Yes, I did care. I couldn't bear seeing you kissing another woman. It nearly killed me. Is that what you want to hear?" 

I burst into tears, tightening my grip on his torso since I couldn't handle all of this anymore. He slowly turned around facing me, a warm smile on his perfect lips. 

He gently pulled a strand of my dark hair behind my ear, "Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to hear." 

I looked at him while tears streamed down my cheeks. He lightly brushed his fingers, wiping the tears. His gaze then shifted to my lips. 

"It's my turn this time," he said playfully referring to the first time we kissed. Well, the time I kissed him. A small laugh escaped my lips as I nodded. 

Closing my eyes, my lips were regarded by his soft one, pulling me closer to him. Shivers ran through me, as he deepened the kiss parting my lips. Our lips were sealed, as I dug my fingers in his hair. Butterflies danced in my stomach as we stood glued to each other. 

I'm not sure of the righteousness of our action, but it will indeed cost us consequences. At the moment, I didn't care about anything. I just let go of myself to get lost in the sweetness of his mouth, and that somehow felt right. 

.....................................................

Hey lovelies, how have you been? So just to let you know, I may not update soon because of my midterms exams. I will be busy with that for nearly two weeks. But if I had time to write, I will make sure to. Please comment and vote. 

Love ya💕

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

999K 25K 61
In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled away quickly, but both of his hands went...
619K 10.5K 38
(COMPLETED AND EXTREMELY CRINGY AT TIMES. MANY PLOT HOLES TOO LOL. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.) When 17-year-old Danielle Brooks is caught for underground fi...
233K 7.3K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
2.5M 86.2K 49
Sophia Lane is the queen of oversized sweaters and perfectly brewed cups of coffee. She's beautiful and delicate and so painfully misunderstood, but...