Slowly Shining (Book Two of T...

By WritersBlock039

The Alchemist has saved Rose from the fate of the Bad Wolf, but the Doctor gave up his life to save her in re... More

Slowly Shining (Book Two of The Creators Saga)
Prologue
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
The Age of Steel
The Idiot's Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
Love and Monsters
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
Epilogue

New New Alchemist

6.5K 218 99
By WritersBlock039

Now we get to meet the Tenth Alchemist, portrayed by the lovely Dianna Agron, whose theme song is "Fantastic Voyage" by Future World Music. I would really advise everyone to listen to the song, as it is one of my favorite OC themes, I love it to bits (I'd love to hear what you have to say about it) and I think it'll give you quite an idea as to what this girl will be like. :)

May I introduce to you the first chapter (even if it is an interlude, which will be rare in this book series) with our new new Alchemist? :)

Enjoy, everyone!

***

"How is she?" Jackie asked softly as the Doctor walked back into the living room, looking a lot more tired than the Alchemist was . . . and she was the one that was passed out in the bedroom.

"She's fine," the Doctor answered, sinking into an armchair, rubbing his face with both hands, Rose sitting cross-legged in her own chair, cradling a mug of tea with both hands. "Regeneration healing coma again."

"Will she be all right?" Rose asked timidly.

"As long as we don't wake her up," the Doctor answered. "Should be about seven more hours."

Rose nodded, biting her lip. Jackie swallowed. "How did she . . . die?" she asked hesitantly.

"She first got in the path of broken glass shards," Rose answered. "She took them in the abdomen for a girl named Scooti. She was dying of blood loss, but she didn't show it. Then a boy possessed by the devil shot her in the chest."

Jackie's jaw dropped. "The devil?!"

"It's hard to explain," the Doctor sighed.

"She looks a lot younger," Jackie finally said.

"She looks like Rose," the Doctor said with a smile at the blonde.

Rose smiled faintly. "My big sister."

"Did you say tea might help her?" Jackie asked.

"Maybe," the Doctor shrugged. "Helped me."

"Well, then, I'll get her a cuppa," Jackie smiled. "Maybe pass some of the time by."

The Doctor smiled. "Thank you, Jackie."

***

The Doctor didn't budge from the Alchemist's side later as the time went by, Jackie and Rose going to their rooms for sleep. Being a Time Lord, he didn't need it that much, and there was no way he was going to leave the Alchemist alone through this. He'd placed the mug of tea Jackie had made close to her head, the smell strong enough to keep him awake, even.

Jackie had been right. She looked a bit younger, though not by much. The height had changed, too. She was a bit smaller by a few inches or so. He swallowed, knowing he shouldn't worry, but he couldn't help it. After she'd regenerated, the bond had shut down, and he couldn't get into her mind at all. Did that mean the regeneration had stopped the Bonding?

He felt a faint squeeze on his hand, and he looked down to see that the Alchemist had squeezed his hand slightly, and she stirred, tilting her head to the side, a soft groan escaping her lips. He sat up straight, scooting closer as she blinked her eyes open, color starting to return to her cheeks. She blinked a few more times, looking around at her surroundings before she lifted her hazel eyes to his, and she smiled brightly. He grinned back, feeling their bond pulse to life once more, stronger than before.

Oh, yes. Their Bond was still intact. "Hello," he told her with a smile.

"Hi," she answered softly, trying to sit up. The Doctor put an arm around her shoulders and helped her sit up, her tangled blonde hair falling around her. "How long's it been?"

"The end of your cycle," he answered. "You slept through it all."

"Best sleep ever," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Tyler flat?"

"Tyler flat," he nodded. "Rose wanted to bring you here."

"Did I smell tea?"

"Yes, you did," he chuckled, handing her the mug. She took a grateful sip, her eyes sparking awake more, and the color returned to her cheeks more. "How do you feel?"

"Like I just got shot," she answered, getting the kinks out of her neck. "And . . . decidedly less soldierlike."

The Doctor grinned. "No offense, but you don't look soldierlike, either."

"Thanks, Doctor," the Alchemist rolled her eyes, but she held a much more teasing tone now. "You haven't changed a bit."

There was a faint squeak, then the sound of running feet, and a disheveled Rose ran into the room, her eyes wide. "Ali!" she gasped, running to the other side of the bed to hug her. "You're awake!"

"Hi, Rose," the Alchemist laughed, giving her a strong hug. "Did you just wake up, too?"

"Yeah," Rose nodded, sitting down and brushing her hair out of her eyes. "Heard the Doctor talking, then heard you."

The Alchemist nodded, then held out a bit of her hair pointedly. "I'm seeing a family resemblance here."

Rose blushed. "We noticed, too."

"Well, it's not going to seem so weird now calling you my sister, huh?" the Alchemist winked.

Rose laughed. "No, it won't be."

The Doctor smiled. "I'm going to check on the TARDIS," he said, kissing the Alchemist on the forehead. "Don't cause any trouble while I'm out."

"Me?" The Alchemist gave him a wide-eyed look. "I would never."

The Doctor stared at her before huffing and walking out, shaking his head when he heard Rose's insane giggling.

***

"I'm just glad you're all right, sweetheart," Jackie told the Alchemist, giving her a strong hug before they left.

"Good to be alive, Jackie," the Alchemist smiled at her. "Thanks for the tea."

"No trouble," Jackie assured her with a smile.

"Alice? Rose?" The Doctor poked his head out of the TARDIS. "We're ready to go."

"On our way!" Rose called. "Bye, Mum," she smiled, hugging Jackie.

"Bye, sweetheart," Jackie hugged her tightly.

The Alchemist grabbed Rose's hand, and grinning, the two blondes ran into the TARDIS. The Doctor looked up from what he was working on to grin at the two, the Alchemist heading off to find the wardrobe, Rose smiling in delight. "I'm in trouble, aren't I?" he asked.

"With two of us?" Rose grinned. "Oh, yes, you are."

***

"I think this looks good."

The Doctor and Rose looked over as the Alchemist hopped up onto the grating, holding out her arms and twirling experimentally. The Doctor grinned, looking her up and down. "Beautiful," he promised.

She beamed, stopping her twirl. She was wearing a pale yellow sleeveless blouse with white jeans and a black belt. Her shoes of choice were brown horseback riding boots to her knees, laced up all the way, and she was wearing a white jean jacket as well. Her hair had been pulled in a high ponytail, and she had white sunglasses on her head. Rose grinned. "Definitely my sister," she stated.

The Alchemist laughed and ran up. The Doctor grabbed her arm and swung her around, kissing her breathless. She pulled back first, blinking. "Oh . . . right."

"What?" the Doctor asked, concerned, Rose tilting her head in confusion.

"New lips," the Alchemist answered with a twinkle in her eyes. "I have to get used to them."

"Need some help?" the Doctor smirked.

"Wouldn't mind," she grinned.

With a laugh, the Doctor kissed her again, Rose giggling like a schoolgirl. When they finally pulled away, the Alchemist was grinning giddily. "Where are we going?" she asked in excitement.

The Doctor smirked. "Anywhere and everywhere," he answered, winking and pulling down a lever.

The blondes whooped as the TARDIS took off, the TARDIS humming around them.

As Rose talked excitedly with the Doctor, the Alchemist's smile started to fade for the first time since she'd woken up. She looked down at her hand, laid it on the console . . . and watched as the golden Vortex swirled around her hand.

***

So I hope it's already pretty obvious this Alchemist is going to be much more fun than the Ninth Alchemist was. I chose Dianna Agron because she was only a bit younger, thought she suited the Tenth Doctor, looked like Rose, and the characters she has portrayed have been through quite a lot . . . like this one will go through. }:) Because she's got "Doomsday," the Master, and Martha to go through.

Yes, this Alchemist will be all through Season 3. I will not say if she will be here for Season 4, though. However . . . I think there's one other person that has been in the Doctor Who universe that Dianna Agron looks quite a bit like . . . but I don't think the person actually appeared in Doctor Who. Maybe in another place . . . *hint hint* If someone guesses it, I'm gonna be blown away and maybe even say which Pond will be the most important to Ali. ;)

I'll try and get "Love and Monsters" up as soon as I can! Shouldn't take too long, concentrating only on the trio's POV, but we'll see. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 1.2K 35
The Doctor and Rose have to deal with an interesting person. Though they were not expecting it, Shereen, one of Rose's best friends, gets involved wi...
227K 7.2K 41
The Master is dead. The Year That Never Was is just that. The Year That Never Was. Martha is gone, and so is Jack, and the Doctor and Jessie are stil...
42.9K 1K 30
(ORIGINAL VERSION) If she wishes for the truth, is she willing to lose everything? *** Willow has travelled with the Doctor and Rose for a year and h...
178K 6.3K 28
After her difficult past, Jessie Nightshade found a way to run from it all. She's trusted the Doctor since "run," and they haven't stopped since. Wit...