JRWI tings :P

By totally-bones

heyooo i havent used this app in a while- i'm just really here to get out my ideas on things i'm hyperfixated... More

Howdy
No.1
No.2
No.3
No.4
No.5
No.6
No.7
No.8
No.9
No.10
No.11
No.12
No.13
No.14
No.15
No. 16
No.17
No.18
No.19
No.20
No.20 (alternate ending!)
No.21
No. 22
No. 23
No.24
No.25
No.26
No. 27
No.28
No.29
No.30
No.31
No.31 [Part Two]
No. 32
No.33
No.34
No.35
No.36
No.37
No. 39
No.40
No.41
No.42
No.43
No.44
No. 45
No. 46
No. 47
No. 48
No. 49
No. 50
No.51
No. 52
No. 52 (pt.2)
No. 53
No.54
No.55
No. 56
No.57
No.58
No.59
No.60
No.61
No. 62
No.63
No. 64
No. 65
No.66
No. 67
No. 68
No. 69
No. 70
No. 71
No. 72
No. 73
No 74
No. 75
No.76
No. 77
No. 78
No. 79

No. 38

365 6 0
By totally-bones

// Riptide Campaign!

*THIS IS A DRAFT*

Jesus Christ, I've finally gotten over this dumb block I've had for this draft- ;') 

So! The basic idea of this was like,, kinda little mermaid-ish? But also just,,, soft? ;')

Gillion goes against the rules of the Undersea and befriends humans..! He, Chip and Jay make arrangements to meet at a specific spot (like a sea stack idk-), Gillion then going along with them to different places and getting to experience new Oversea things? Idk I thought this was cute-

Also surprisingly it's not fish and chips, instead I'm gonna make myself cry and make it Gill/John- I care them :D

TW// Nothing that I can think of?? Please let me know if there are any..!!

----

Gillion knew what he was doing was dangerous. Well, he assumed it was dangerous; from what the Elders and his father had warned him of the Overseas and humans, it was most likely dangerous. But there was also something exciting about the Overseas! So he had made up his mind, he would go and meet those two humans he had come across just around a week ago! IOf course, he'd be careful. Surely if there are so many accounts and stories of humans being as distrustful and deceiving as there were, it had to be something to be cautious of. 

Gillion continued to swim closer and closer to the surface of the water, hesitating before breaking the surface and looking around. He was immediately hit with the warmth of the sun shining down on him as it just got to the middle of the cloudless skies. Gillion couldn't fight off the grin that had started to grow on his face, especially when he heard distant voices. For a split second, he felt a wave of panic wash over him, but when he turned to see it was his two new friends, his anxieties were immediately replaced with excitement. Friends. Gillion hadn't been able to find much time for friends, what with his studies and training for becoming the Champion of his people. Gillion had friends...

The first to greet the triton was Chip, a brunette who, the moment he had aid eyes on, knew he'd get along with. There was something about the determinism and confidence in what he said that seemed to draw him in. 

"Hey, fish dude! Back up a bit, wontcha? Remember what I told you last time about ships?" At this, Gillion easily swam back as he watched the ship pass by him, slowly coming to a stop once a large metal line had been thrown off. Gillion had figured that was a bit foolish to do, especially since it seemed important for their vessel, but Chip probably knew what he was doing. Gillion swam so that he was looking up at the brunette, who was now leaning on the railings of his ship, grinning down at him. "Hey! You ready to go to a new place, buddy?" Before Gillion was able to answer Chip's question, he heard another familiar voice speak out.

"Chip, at least let him say something first, Gods. Hey Gillion..! How are you?" The redhead he knew as Jay joined the side of Chip, also leaning on the railings of the ship as she looked down to Gillion. Gillion smiled kindly up at her, nodding his head formally, a habit he had gotten into from his lessons and studies. Jay simply chuckled and mocked a bow in reply. 

"I am doing well, Jay, thank you for asking..! And for your question, Chip, I would very much like to accompany you both, if you will have me?" Gillion heard Chip mumble something, earning a jab to the side from Jay. Chip then threw a rope over and got ready to offer his hand when Gillion had gotten high enough for his help. Gillion made his way onto the ship, that familiar excited grin growing again as he become accustomed to the ship once again. As Gillion continued to look around, he felt a pat on his shoulder, looking to find Jay smiling at him, which he returned. Chip then pulled the rope up again and looked to Gillion with a smirk. 

"We've made a friend, Gill! And I reckon you'd like him, feel like meeting him?" Gillion immediately nodded. A new person? A potential new friend? Gillion Tidestrider may have made three whole friends by today's end... Of course he couldn't pass that up!

Caught up in his excitement, Gillion didn't see an anxious Jay heading over to Chip.

"Chip are you crazy? If you're talking about John, then you must be. He's a Navy officer! We don't know how he'll act to a fucking triton!" As Jay voiced her opinions, she made a note to speak just above a whisper, seeing how excited Gillion had become at the thought of meeting someone new, not wanting to ruin his happiness. It was clear to her that coming Overseas was some kind of escape for him, so she refused to take that away from him, knowing how freeing sailing on the seas could be from a very restricting life, something she could personally sympathise with. But she also didn't want to risk his safety by being reckless.

"Jay, calm down. Marshall John won't hurt him! He'll love him! Look at him, nobody in their right mind would mess with him. Plus we'll keep him safe! He's practically crew, anyways. Also~" Chip trailed off, his sing-song tone seeming to only worsen Jay's anxieties. Chip rolled his eyes and sighed, "John really took what you and I said to heart! He let us get away before the rest of his guys could find us, didn't he? So why would he try and screw us over?" Jay couldn't exactly say she understood Chip's logic, but then again she wasn't sure when she ever could.

"I..." Jay sighed tiredly before continuing, giving into Chip's logic, no she didn't know why either, "Fine. But we get him out of that town the second we see any kind of danger, okay? I'm not having his blood on my hands because we're being reckless about impressing him or whatever. Okay?"

"Okay, okay! Jeez. And, by the way, I am not trying to impress him. I'm just trying to show him cool shit! And I bet he's never seen a town before, huh?" Chip's grin, once again, did not settle Jay's worries. But, Chip usually had a solid head on his shoulders, and as much as he acts it, he isn't a complete moron...

Gillion was practically shaking with excitement as he got off of the ship, immediately being overwhelmed by so many different colours, smells and sounds. It took him a second to attempt to process everything and when he found it difficult, he turned to both Chip and Jay uncertainly. "I-Is there supposed to be so many things happening at once on these towns..?" Jay smiled softly and shook her head.

"You're just not used to overly crowded places, Gill. We'll take everything slowly, okay? If things get too much just say. It'll be fine!" Jay's words seemed to put Gillion's uncertainties to rest, for now, his nod showing he understood. Chip hesitated for a second before flashing his signature grin and taking the lead, leaving Jay to stand beside Gillion.

"Yeah, it'll all be fine, Gill! Don't sweat it. Now! To find..." He trailed off, turning to face the town in front of them, looking around to find some sign of-

"Chip? Jay? Is that you two?"

Jay had immediately taken a step in front of Gillion, her worries not being settled enough to leave her unparanoid. The second she caught a glimpse of who had called, she seemed to relax, but only slightly. Gillion had taken Jay's stance as a sign of trouble, making him start to wish he had brought his longsword with him. 

"Hey! If it isn't my good friend Marshall John! How's it going, man?" Chip grinned and patted this John person's arm...

"Don't touch me, Chip." However, Chip was not met with such a welcome gesture, watching as Chip was basically stared down; making him immediately take his hand off of John. "H-heh, sorry-"

"Look, I appreciate what you two did for me, I really do. But y'can't just show up here after creating some kind of revolution among the people of Zero! Unless you two are planning to help me get out of here, then you're of no use to me-" 

As Gillion listened to this exchange, he couldn't help but stare at this new 'John' that Chip was apparently friends with. Now, Gillion had only been introduced to the whole concept of friends recently, but the way John seemed to act towards Chip and Jay didn't feel very friendly... Before he knew exactly what he was doing, Gillion took a step to the side and a few forwards to face John himself. Now that he was closer and able to have a better look at this person, Gillion noticed how muscular and how stoic he seemed to stand. Despite this, Gillion failed to see him as intimidating, if anything, he was intriguing. He seemed like a man who had undergone tasking training and preparation. Maybe a Champion of the Overseas?

"Greetings..! I am Gillion Tidestrider, Champion of The Undersea! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, uh... Marshall John, I believe?" Chip looked to Gillion in shock, an amused smirk spreading across his features. 

John was in the middle of explaining what he had meant by needing a ship off of Zero to Chip when Gillion had interrupted, turning his attention, though not enough to break his train of thought. Well, that was until John met eyes with this Gillion Tidestrider...

"...And now that my men are catching on that I helped you guys get outta here last time, I can't just stay aro-" John's expression of stress and tiredness was quickly replaced by wonder and shock as he met eyes with Gillion. "...Woah, uh... huh. Hey..." Chip's amused smirk only grew as he watched John's reaction, having to stifle his snickers by cleverly covering them with coughs and clearing his throat. John shook his head quickly and nodded. "Yes, yeah, Marshall John. Though I'm worried if I don't get off this island I'll start hearin' my name by much less happy people-" Marshall John let out an awkward chuckle, looking over his shoulder to further into the town before looking back to Gillion, who seemed to have grown confused.

"...Why would people call your name unhappily?" Marshall John raised a brow at the question, then looking to Chip and Jay unamusedly. 

"So you two haven't told him about what you guys did here? What next, you've just kidnapped this triton to be part of your crew?" As Marshall John went to laugh at his sarcastic remark, he watched as Jay and Chip's expressions became more and more sheepish.

"Okay in our defence-"

"Oh for the love of Gods above-"

Gillion did try to reassure Marshall John that he hadn't been kidnapped, but it seemed to be of no use. The worry Marshall John had expressed immediately set off the conversation of Jay and Chip's acts on Zero a while back. The two explained with a lot of hesitance. They hadn't known Gillion for a long time, but if they knew anything, they knew he very much cared for honour and good deeds...

"That is wonderful..!"

Okay so maybe they didn't know him that well-

"From my understandings, the people were being taxed greatly and you both helped the people of this town? Of course I do not have any problems with this..." 

"No, uh, Gillion that's not quite how everything went-" Before John could give his interpretation of how the events had happened, he watched as Gillion's happy expression fell at John's words. Shit. "I uh... I just mean that, y'know, I helped em' get off the island! Didn't want ya to think they got into any kinda trouble or anything!" As quick as it fell, Gillion's happy expression returned, though it was mixed with something else that John couldn't quite place...

"That's so kind of you, Marshall John! I am glad you three have managed to air out any misunderstandings! Thank you for helping my new friends stay safe, Marshall John, I fear I would've never have been able to come to the Overseas if you hadn't.." A softer and more thankful tone had overcome the triton, this being a new side for both Jay and Chip. Though they weren't as clueless as Gillion and Marshall John seemed to be, they absolutely knew where this new side of Gillion had stemmed from and the reason. Of course, they wouldn't say anything, it'd be much more fun watching this all unravel.

"Well, now that we've declared John here a hero, y'wanna take a look around Zero, Gill?" Chip's question interrupted the silence that had just started to settle, Gillion looking from Marshall John to Chip quickly and nodding.

"Y-Yes..! Yes, of course... Will you be joining us, Marshall John?" Gillion smiled to John, the invitation seeming to catch him off guard, especially with the spiel he was about to go on for why he should get off of Zero as soon as he could.

"Well, I really shouldn't but... I guess it'd be good to have me to keep an eye out for any trouble with the guards here... Things are still pretty tense-" Gillion hardly wasted any time with letting John explain the situation, the agreement of him joining was all the triton needed. He grabbed John's hand and started to take off in a random direction, heading towards the stalls and the busy people of the market place. 

This left Chip and Jay, watching as the two disappeared seemingly immediately, the crowd of people making their way in and out of the marketplace engulfing the two. Chip looked to Jay, who seemed to be deciding if she was worried or impressed. 

"Wasn't Gillion anxious about all the new sounds and shit like... two minutes ago?" Chip just laughed, shrugging as he raised a brow.

"I mean, at least we don't have to worry about that anymore, right? Plus I wanted to get some stuff from here, so I'm not complaining about not having to coach Gill into going to the marketplace every five minutes. C'mon, let's go'." Jay rolled her eyes at Chip's point of view of their situation, but followed anyway, tossing him a small coinbag, a silent reminder that he would be buying, not stealing. 

As much as Jay wouldn't mind saving a few gold by Chip conning someone every now and then, she definitely didn't want to risk that on Zero, frankly the two had done enough, and weren't far off from being recognised by the wrong person at the wrong time. And if she was honest, she was too tired to deal with all of those antics and chaos for today. 

A lot of things had not gone to plan for John today. First off, he wasn't expecting his higher up to make some meeting about a bad egg within the Navy here on Zero, and for everyone to be on the look out for any navy officer who seemed to be acting strangely or sticking out. Secondly, he hadn't expected the exact two people who had been the reason for that meeting to try and seek him out, let alone have some triton with them. Lastly, he definitely did not anticipate being dragged around by this triton, who seemed to be overly curious with just about everything under the sun. If this wasn't 'sticking out' then John wasn't sure what was.

Marshall John had been buying a few things here and there at the stalls Gillion had taken a liking to, though he had only pointed out small trinkets or jewellery. They weren't expensive, so that wasn't a concern, the main worry John had was how quickly Gillion's battery had seemed to run out. After around the sixth stall that they had visited, Gillion had seemed to become less and less excitable, but John wasn't exactly sure as to why. Though his main guess would be the stares the two seemed to be getting from passerbyers. John may not have known much about tritons (more like next to nothing other than the fact they're from the seas), but he did know that tritons weren't usually ones to leave home... Maybe that was taking some kind of toll on his new ocean-dweller friend? 

"Hey uh, Gillion? You doin' alright? You seem less... I don't know, excited?" Gillion seemed to jump, though it wasn't very noticeable. Gillion looked to John and smiled shyly. 

"O-Of course I am fine, Marshall John..! I just... I suppose in the midst of my excitement I... forgot myself. I apologise, I am fine. Just... not used to so much at once." Gillion rubbed the back of his neck, keeping a firm grip on a small bag he had over his shoulder. It was holding all of the trinkets Marshall John had kindly bought him. Gillion did attempt to pay for himself, however it seemed that the overseas did not accept sand dollars as a currency, which something Gillion made a note of. John furrowed his brows before everything seemed to click. It'd only make sense for Gillion to start getting overwhelmed by everything. Even as someone who had been on land his whole life, John couldn't exactly say he enjoyed overly-crowded places. 

"O-Oh..! Well, I mean I can take you back to the docks if ya need a second, Gillion... It is pretty crowded and loud-" As John went to finish his sentence, he felt something grip onto his hand, looking down, he saw Gillion holding his hand tightly with both of his own. John looked back up to see a small anxious smile make its way onto Gillion's features as he nodded his head.

"I-I think that would be for the best..." That was all John needed for him to make his way through the crowd of people, mumbling small apologies, thank you's and excuse us' as he quickly headed back the way the two had come. He made sure to keep a tight grip of Gillion's hand, soon enough the two had made it back to the docks, though there was no sign of Chip or Jay, which Gillion seemed to have noticed as well. 

"Marshall John, wh-where are Chip and Jay..? Are they alright?" Gillion still had a tight grip of John's hand as he looked to him worriedly, John not knowing how else to calm his worries other than rubbing his thumb across Gillion's knuckles as he spoke,

"They're fine, Gillion! Probably just looking around for us. When they can't find us anywhere, m'sure they'll make their way back here! Nothin' to worry about." John smiled softly when Gillion seemed to relax, the frowning before speaking again, "Y'know you can just call me John, right? I uh... Most do."

"O-O course I can't, 'Marshall John' is your title, isn't it? It'd be disrespectful of me to simply say your name, you are a kind of champion of your people here, no?" John blinked, tryinging to comprehend what Gillion had asked...

"Y'think I'm some kinda champion? Why?" This time it was Gillion's turn to be confused, though definitely not for the first time during his time away from home. 

"You... You look like you have had training in preparation to be some kind of champion. A-and Chip mentioned whilst he was telling me of his and Jay's heroics here a while ago that you were leading some kind of army... So you must be some kind of Champion or Teacher?" As Gillion explained, he watched as John seemed to slowly become more and more lost, causing a heat to rise to Gillion's face, his cheeks turning a darker shade of blue from embarrassment. "...I am assuming I have misunderstood something-"

A beat of silence passed between the two before John broke out in roaring laughter, slapping a firm hand on Gillion's shoulder. The triton remained embarrassed, but it lessened as he listened to Marshall John's laughter, finding himself start to break out into a fond smile, it not taking long before he also started to chuckle, though not nearly as passionately as John. Something about the burly man's laughter was contagious, nearing impossible to keep a straight face. He noticed a few people who were passing by the docks look to John strangely, though Gillion couldn't see his laugter as anything other than wonderful... The second he saw Marshall John, he had though he was feeling strangely about him due to his positioning on the Overseas as some kind of Champion or teacher. But standing in front of him like this now, and especially with what he knew now, that couldn't be the case. Marshall John wasn't a champion or teacher, so why was Gillion so drawn to this man? 

Gillion was broken away from his thoughts as he heard a distant voice call for him, after blinking and shaking his head a few times, Gillion turned as saw a very amused-looking Chip.

"Nice goofy grin, fish boy." Gillion quickly recomposed himself, clearing his throat and offering a more awkward smile.

"A-Ah, Chip, Jay. You're both back..! I was worried, but I am glad to see you are back safe!" Chip just rolled his eyes, patting Gillion's shoulder.

"Uh huh, ya definitely looked worried. C'mon. We better get goin'. You too John."

All the while Gillion had lost himself to thought, John had seemed to recover from his laughter, now looking to Chip strangely as he watched the brunette walk towards his ship. "Uh, what do you mean, Chip?"

"Well, y'said you wanted a boat away from this place before you get figured out, right? Who not better to escape with than the people that got you into shit in the first place! Plus I'm worried my new friend there'll get separation anxiety or something- Hey!" Chip's snarky comment was cut off but Jay once again jabbing him in the side with her elbow, facing both Gillion and John and smiling.

"Ignore him. But ignoring the sarcastic remark, he's right. We figured the least we could do was help you get out of here! You can join our crew..!" Jay's smile grew as she offered her invitation to John.

"Well, I mean I definitely a way off here... Sure thing, Jay! I'd be happy to join your crew, until I figure out what I'm gonna do, of course-"

"Okay, alright big guy. First rule, it isn't Jay's crew, it's my crew. Second, this ship here? She's called The Millennium Chipper! And anyone who tells you different is a liar. Now c'mon."

As John, Jay and Gillion made their way onto the ship, Chip started to get ready to leave the docks. As he did this, Gillion spoke up.

"I thought Jay had said that this vessel is named The Albatross..? I think that is a nice name-"

"Jay doesn't know anything, Gill! Plus I'm your favourite here, right? 'Course I am.  So you believe me. Ignore her, she's crazy. Millennium Chipper." Chip continued to grumble, as he lifted that large metal line, tying ropes and untying others. Jay headed over to Gillion and John, smirking as she mutered,

"It's The Albatross. Chip's just bitter that he can't name things for shit." The three chuckled at this, leaving Chip to shoot a small glare at all of them.

With that, the four of them set sail onto the open seas again. Gillion wasn't sure if he loved this part of his short-lived adventures or hated it...

On one hand, he couldn't wait to get back home and add to his already growing collection of items from Overseas, he definitely couldn't wait to see Eden's face when he told her about everything he'd experienced. On the other hand... He didn't want to leave. It was somewhat refreshing to just be called Gillion. Not 'Champion' all of the time. The time he'd hear his name back home was if he was talking with Eden or if he had messed something up with training or his studies... If anything, he really didn't like hearing his name when he was home, it usually followed some kind of disappointed look from an Elder. But when he was with Chip and Jay, it was different..! He hadn't once seen a disappointed look on either of their faces. To them, he was just another triton, despite the greeting he had given the two of them when he had first met them, introducing himself as 'Champion of The Undersea'. It was force of habit, but even then it didn't seem to matter...

And then there was Marshall John. Gillion looked over and saw him leaning against the railings, looking out to the sea, the sun now close to setting, painting the sky with gorgeous pinks, oranges and purples. Despite the love Gillion held for the sky at this time, it still didn't distract him from looking to John, he was almost certain nothing could. Gillion wanted to figure out what exactly this new person made him feel. Why he was so interested and intruiged by him. He had already confirmed he wasn't any kind of prohecised hero or warrior... He was just... him. It still didn't make sense to Gillion, but Marshall John just simply... standing there was enough to make heat rise to his face, but not from any kind of embarrassment. He had't had this reaction to meeting Jay or Chip, so why John..?

As Gillion continued to try and figure out what exactly he was feeling, He felt a small nudge push him weakly over towards John's direction, turning quickly he saw a grinning Chip. "Y'know, it's pretty weird to stare at someone when they don't know you're there. Just go and talk to him or something. We'll be where we gotta drop you off pretty soon, so make the most of it... Unless you're staying?" This was a question Chip had asked Gillion for the second time now, just like the first time he had gone with him to explore this new world. If he wanted to stay. To leave his home for good...

"I... I am afraid I cannot. I cannot abandon my destiny, or my people. I... really do wish it were different. I apologise, Chip." Gillion saw that same look of slight sadness, nearly edging on disappointment, but even if it did, Gillion understood it was more so at the situation, not himself. Chip seemed to snap out of it, offering a small smile before nodding. 

"Yeah, I uh... I mean I figured. But hey, I can try and pass by here soon, maybe a week or two, so... If you're up for another adventure, we'll be here, okay?" Gillion's eyes widened slightly.

"You would... have me to accompany you again? After saying no to your offer of staying?"

"Well, yeah. It ain't your fault, is it? It's your weird prophecy shit, right? So, I guess I'll just have to keep passing by here till you finish all of that. Then you'll join my crew." Chip's soft smile grew into a smirk. Gillion returning a small grin.

"I suppose it's a plan. I cannot wait for that day to arrive." Chip nodded, then quickly returned to his more normal attitude, pushing Gillion towards John once again. 

"Enough with the sappy shit. C'mon, go talk to him before you gotta go. I reckon he'd be pretty upset to watch you just up and leave." With that, Chip walked off to find Jay, sitting with her on a barrel the otherside of a makeshift table with a chess board. The two started to talk, though Chip did look over back to Gillion and give a quick wink. 

Gillion took this strange... half blink? As a form of encouragement, taking a small breath before making his way over to John...

"Marshall John? Are you alright..?" Gillion's voice came out much softer than he had meant, though this seemed to be the right approach as John looked towards him quickly, seeming quite jumpy. Once John realised it was Gillion, he visibly relaxed, a simple nod being his answer before speaking up. 

"Yeah, m'alright, Gillion. Just thinking to what I'm gonna do next, ya know?" He trailed off before chuckling, speaking up as Gillion joined his side, leaning on the railing as well. "It's funny, a few days after Chip and Jay did their whole uh... mission or whatever at Zero, another pirate crew came there and did a similar thing. There was this one pirate, I'm assumin' she was the captain from how she presented herself... Her name's Elizabeth. She said something that your friends over there said. That there was a crew I could join with her and that I could get away from the Navy... Maybe she had a point..." Gillion stood silently, listening to every word John said. The way he spoke was almost regretful, as if he wished he didn't hesitate to join her. "Maybe I should talk to Chip and Jay about it, they might know her, right? She's pretty well wanted by the Navy... posters of her face everywhere..." 

"So... You would join a pirate crew?" To this, John simply nodded, still seeming uncertain himself. Gillion grinned, "Well, I think this would be a great idea, Marshall John! It is your destiny..! I am sure you will do great things." John turned to look to Gillion, a thankful smile growing as he chuckled.

"You're a good guy, y'know that? Strange, but good." John chuckled again, a hint of colour appearing across his cheeks as he saw Gillion's grin grow. "A-Anyway, what're you gonna do, huh? Where are you and those two going off to next?" Gillion's grin faded as he looked down, a solemn smile replacing it. 

"I... I will go back to my people, to my home in The Undersea. I... If I am being honest, I am not allowed to be up here, let alone speaking with humans... We have been taught that you are selfish and dishonourable. That you're evil... but I had my doubts, so... a week or so ago I swam up to the surface. I wasn't sure why, I'm still not sure now, but... next thing I knew, I was being spoken to by these two humans and they... they welcomed me aboard their vessel. No price needed to be paid, no ill-will was sensed, they... they just wanted to help me, I suppose. A-and so I accompanied them... And of course I came to meet with Chip and Jay again today and I met you, which... has definitely confirmed my doubts of what I have been taught of humans." As Gillion spoke, he never once made eye-contact, always looking to his hands or to the sea. His tone became softer and softer as he explained. However, as he mentioned John, a noticeable change in demeanour was seen, as the corners of Gillion's lips turned to a small smile. 

"So... You're goin' home... I mean, not for good though, right? You'll be back in a few days or something?" For the first time since he had spoken, Gillion looked and met John's eyes, chuckling quietly. 

"Well I hope so. Maybe more than a few days, though. I worry if I leave too often my absences will be noticed... My training and studies have become more and more demanding and frequent, so I am struggling to find long enough gaps to come back up here... But I do hope I can return here soon..." John nodded slowly, thinking for a few seconds before grinning. 

"Well, I'll be around for when you come back next! No way I'm not seeing you again after just meeting you! That way you can come with all of us when we try and find Elizabeth! That'll be our destiny! Deal?" John beamed as he looked to Gillion, a few chuckles escaping as well as he waited for Gillion's response. 

Gillion took a few seconds to process what John had said, not being able to fight the darker shade of blue dusting across his cheeks as he smiled sheepishly. All of these new and very strong emotions were... difficult to really understand. He had only really spent two days Overseas, and not even in a row! And already he was experiencing so many new and, to be honest, scary things. He tried to speak but his words came out rushed, stuttering and stumbling over them. "I-I... Y-... Yes! Yes, uh... deal...!" Gillion chuckled weakly, his blush only darkening as John let out a laugh, that same one that had made Gillion's feelings much more noticeable than before. Just before Gillion could say anything else, though he doubted if it'd even be comprehensible, Chip's voice rang out.

"Hey Gill! We're gonna come up beside that sea stack of yours in a minute.. You sure you're not staying?" Gillion turned to see Chip standing at the wheel, nodding over ahead of him, to where there was in fact the rock he had agreed with Chip to be their landmark. Gillion hesitated, looking from the sea stack to Chip and then to John quickly. He sighed and nodded slowly.

"Y-yes, I really should go home..." Gillion slowly made his way over to the other side of the ship, John following him as the triton prepared himself to leave his friends once again. He watched as they slowly approached the stack, Gillion's chest getting heavier and heavier. He really did hate this part... 

The ship stopped just a bit ahead of the rock, Chip, Jay and Marshall John all around to say goodbye. Jay was the first, going up and hugging Gillion, pulling away with a small smile. Gillion, of course, returned the smile as Jay back away a few steps. The next was Chip, who walked up to Gillion and gave him a small charm. Gillion raised a brow at Chip questioningly. "Oh stop, it was just something I saw back at Zero. I figured you'd like it since you're into collecting small things and shit from here to bring back home, so... y'know." Gillion smiled brightly, hugging Chip tightly.

"Thank you, Chip. I will treasure it." Chip rolled his eyes jokingly and grinned.

"Yeah yeah whatever, man..." Chip paused for a few seconds before nodding, "See ya later, Gill. I swear we'll meet back around here soon. So make sure to keep an eye out, okay?" Gillion nodded and pocketed the charm Chip had given him into his small bag. He then turned and looked towards Marshall John, trying to fight off any awkwardness he definitely felt. John offered his hand for a handshake, then speaking up,

"I look forward to keeping our deal, Gillion..!" With that, Gillion took ahold of John's hand, bringing himself closer to him and gently pressing a small kiss to his cheek before quickly pulling away. 

"A-As do I, Marshall John..! Thank you for today... a-all three of you. I appreciate it more than you know..." And with that, Gillion gave another small smile to Marshall John before jumping off of the ship and into the water below.

The three looked down to look, meeting eyes with a now very noticeable blushing Gillion before he disappeared into the deep water below. 

Both Chip and Jay stared at John, Chip snickering whilst Jay grinned, then patting him on his shoulder, attempting to snap him out of his dazed state, "C'mon lover boy! Where are you headed?"

Gillion clutched his satchel, swimming as quickly as he could, in hopes of not allowing his thoughts to catch up with him as well as hoping to make it back home. It only took the triton a few minutes, maybe ten to fifteen at the most before he had returned back to the Capitol, swimming past other tritons, yelling quick apologies that were likely not heard. The colours of the ocean went past in a blur before Gillion found himself at his house, making his way through as quietly as he could. He turned the corner, going down the corridor which led to his room before-

"So where have you been, huh?! You'd think after your brother has a whole day of rest after weeks of training and studies he'd want to see his favourite sister~" Gillion quickly turned to meet the eyes of Eden, his younger sister who was glaring up at him with her arms crossed. Though, the second she saw his face, her act faded to a look of curiosity. "Whtcha so flustered about, huh?" She giggled at her teasing, but when Gillion failed to give a reply, she gasped.

"Who is it?! Who made ya all blushy and stuff? Do I know them?!" Before she could ask anymore questions, Gillion hurriedly pushed her into his room, sighing tiredly. 

"Nothing! N-Nobody! I'm fine, I just... rushed home and now I'm tired, that's all-" Eden rolled her eyes as she sat on Gillion's bed, crossing her legs. It was clear she didn't believe him. And to be fair, Gillion wasn't great at lying...

"I just- fine, fine. But you cannot tell anyone else, alright? Especially father!" When Gillion saw Eden nod her head, despite his hesitation, he took off his satchel and opened it, allowing the small trinkets John and Chip had bought and given to him float out. He grabbed all of them and smiled softly, showing them to Eden as he took a spot next to her. "I went back up there again today... And I found all of these-"

"W-Wait you... you went up to the Overseas again? Gill..! It's dangerous up there! I know your training has been making you feel down, but... I-I don't think going up to where humans are again and again is gonna help you..." 

"But that's just it..! I've spoken with humans and they... they aren't like how the Elders or any teachers for that matter say they are..! I-I'm even friends with two..! Their names are Chip and Jay, they... they're kind! See, Chip bought me this small charm and gave it to me before I left his ship! A-And the others were bought for me by Marshall John! I-"

As Gillion started to ramble, he watched Eden's face go from worry to curiosity to... well he couldn't pinpoint it as an expression, all except from the small smirk as she interrupted him.

"Hang on... You didn't mention being friends with a Marshall John. Who's he?" As soon as Eden asked, Gillion felt that same heat rise to his cheeks, rubbing at the back of his neck as he cleared his throat.

"W-Well, I only just met him today, but... he is kinda also..! B-But he is different from Chip and Jay... I..." Gillion looked and saw an excited smile start to grow on Eden's face, making him sigh and smile awkwardly, he then talked Eden through everything that had happened during his time with Jay, Chip and John. Everything eventually leading up to...

"You kissed his cheek?! Gill! Wait so do you like...like like him? Can he breathe underwater? When are you gonna see him next?! When do I get to meet him?" Eden's interrogation was stopped by Gillion, who was laughing almost too much to be understood.

"E-Eden, please. Weren't you the one who was tell me to not go back up there a second ago?" Gillion grinned as he raised his brow, Eden pouting and rolling her eyes.

"Well yeah, b-but that was before I knew you were like,, in love! That changes everything!" Gillion was caught off guard by Eden's remark, coughing and stuttering while trying to regain his composure.

"I only met him today, Eden, I-I" Gillion paused for a second, shaking his head and sighing, still very much flustered by Eden's words. "I... I do not know when I will be able to leave to visit them again, I... my studies and triaing will only get more time consuming. But I will try and visit soon. I... would like to see him again soon..." Gillion trailed off, Eden saw as a sad smile appeared as he spoke, causing her to realise the complexity of his situation.

"O-oh... Oh don't worry, Gill! I-I'm sure things will work out..! You'll see your human in no time. Besides, if he said something like he'll meet you before he goes off and finds that pirate woman as a part of your destinies? That must mean he wants to see you really soon as well! It'll all work out..." Eden smiled brightly, then gasped and she seemed to perk up. "That reminds me! Pretzel's been wanting to see you all day! Stay here!" Eden then quickly got up from sitting on the bed, rushing to her own room and coming back carefully with a sleeping pink frogctopus in her hands. "She gets real lazy and sleepy when you're not around. Guess she's a champion of the undersea just like you, huh?" Gillion chuckled and rolled his eyes at Eden, then looking to Pretzel and speaking up softly.

"Hello, Pretzel, I apologise greatly for not seeing you before I left..." As soon as she seemed to hear Gillion's voice, she perked up, similar to how Eden had before, and rushed to Gillion, nuzzling up to his cheek and happily sitting in his lap, purring. Eden snickered as she watched Pretzel, then looking back to Gillion. 

"Hey, Gill? There's still a bit of time before it's too late... And I haven't seen you in so long" Eden exaggerated his words, pouting jokingly as she let out a dramatic sigh. "I just wanted to spend time with my favourite brother! But alas, he has replaced me for humans in a mere day! Oh how horrible a fate I have been given-" 

"Oh please, don't be so dramatic..!" Gillion chuckled and shoved Eden, making her break her character and laugh.

"Fine, fine! But c'mon! I wanna spend time with you! We can try and find some more little things for your collection? They won't be human but I can make cool jewellery and stuff!" As Eden suggested this, Pretzel perked up once again, joining Eden's side, perching on her shoulder. Gillion looked to the two and smiled fondly, nodding as he put on his stachel once again, grabbing his new trinkets and putting them into a small shell he had ben hiding his last few collected items from his first trip to the Overseas. He then looked back to Eden and Pretzel and grinned.

"I suppose I cannot turn that down, now can I?" Eden and Pretzel both became excited, the three then making their way out of Gillion's room and out into the Capitol, keeping close to the seabed, looking out for any pretty shells, rocks or the like. 

As Gillion searched, he couldn't shake the warmth he felt in his chest, even now that he was so far from Marshall John, Chip and Jay. Everytime he thought of anything remotely linked with Marshall John, which quickly became everything about the Overseas, he couldn't fight the fullness of his chest, as if schools of fish were swimming around in there. Eden had called it love... But it still felt strange to label it, even if the label his sister gave his feelings made sense. For now, Gillion would stick with that he was looking forward to the next time he could meet with Marshall John, as well as his other two friends.

All Gillion really knew for certain was that he couldn't wait for the next time he'd see Marshall John, and he only hoped that he felt the same way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 752 72
Basically ideas that pop into my mind. (Now complete)
37.1K 662 35
in this not trashy os book (suure) you shall be paired with the actuallyoddplan and melodify member/s (if any of the members listed want me to take t...
208K 2.8K 25
hehe hello, i sorry... requests: *closed*
12.8K 389 23
Nothing dramatic or horrific happened to me for this to happen. I was just extremely lucky. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision. Other da...