Demon: Book 1

By varzanic

-Demon Series: Book 1- Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits... More

Demon Information: eBook
Demon Information: Print
Chapter 1: Asexual
Chapter 2: I Hate Dogs
Chapter 3: Summer Job
Chapter 4: The Wonders of Mother Nature
Chapter 5: Cleaning Duty
Chapter 6: Pitch Black
Chapter 7: He's Definitely Different
Chapter 8: Boundaries, or Lack There Of...
Chapter 9: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 10: Two wolves
Chapter 11: Confession
Chapter 12: My Territory
Chapter 13: Party Mishaps
Chapter 14: Denial
Chapter fifteen: Simply Follow
Chapter 16 His Many Forms
Chapter 17: Super Spit
Chapter 18: You Can't Come
Chapter 19 Marked as Mine
Chapter 20: Warning
Chapter 21: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 22: Caught in the Act
Chapter 23: Doors Remain Open
Chapter 24: A White Lie
Chapter 25: No Boys
Chapter 26: Final Hour
Chapter 27: Northern Rocky Ridge
Chapter 28: Treasure Trove of Junk
Chapter 29: Engagement
Chapter 30: The Note
Chapter 31: The Grove
Chapter 32: Failing
Chapter 33: My List of Problems
Chapter 34: Soggy Lunch
Chapter 35: A Picture
Chapter 36: No Sex
Chapter 37: Cell Phone
Chapter 38: Lesson Learned
Chapter 39: Brutal Honesty
Chapter 40: A Ticket
Chapter 41: Conflicting Advice
Chapter 42: Base Acid
Chapter 43: A Flat Lip and a Black Eye
Chapter 44: Eating Our Vegetables
Chapter 45: I Never Said
Chapter 46: Mom's in Charge
Chapter 47: Dinner with the Enemy
Chapter 48: Thanksgiving Horrors
Chapter 49: Just Facts
Chapter 50: You're Grounded
Chapter 51: Just a Few Adjustments
Chapter 52: The Perfect Sub
Chapter 53: Frozen Waterfalls
Chapter 54: Orange Juice
Chapter 55: Happy Birthday
Chapter 57: Late
Chapter 58: Hunting Down Titus
Chapter 59: Because of Me
Chapter 60: It's Just Pretend
Chapter 61: Flattery
Chapter 62: Touchy at Times
Chapter 63: True Form
Chapter 64: Tomorrow After School
Chapter 65: Hunters
Chapter 66: Shots Fired
Chapter 67: Overbearing In-Laws
Chapter 68: Water Falls Moments
Chapter 69: Full Moon
First Proof: Demon in Print

Chapter 56 Date Night

49.4K 3K 1K
By varzanic

Chapter 56

Date Night

"There's fine." I pointed to the parking lot to the side of the school.

"I can take you to the door," replied Titus.

"I can walk," I replied, taking off my seatbelt.

Titus tapped his finger on the steering wheel. "There wouldn't be another reason, right?"

I sunk down in my seat. It won't have been a big deal if he wasn't driving one his dad's fancy cars. The bright red sports car was drawing the eyes of everyone that passed. "Just go," I muttered.

He flashed me a smile and drove to the front of the school. Pulling up to the curb, he put the car in park. "Have a good day."

"Thanks." I reached into the back seat for my book bag.

Titus watched me with a content smile on his face. He wanted something. I could tell.

"What?"

He shrugged and sucked in his lips.

"Seriously?"

"I'd like one, if that's okay."

I quickly looked around. Plenty of people were staring, but more were coming. Grabbing the front of his shirt, I yanked him over to me and gave him a quick kiss. "Bye." I opened the door with my face blaring red.

"Call me tonight," he yelled after me.

"'kay." I waved and stood there as he drove off. Dear god, today was going to be a long one. I hurried into the building and went straight to my locker. Whispering and stares were things I tried to avoid, and Titus had to make me do that. Graduation couldn't be soon enough. I was ready to be done with school.

Grabbing my things, I headed to my first class early. The teacher was writing on the board when I slipped inside and sat down.

The bell rang soon after and little by little others started filtering into the room. Chris's friends arrived, but he wasn't with them. The girls around me kept giving me glances. I rested my head on the desk to block them out. Titus was going to hear about this tonight.

My government teacher opened his binder and started reading down the roll. "Brittany."

"Here," said the girl beside me.

"Ashlyn."

"Yeah," breathed a girl with her head on her desk while texting on her phone, hidden in her lap.

"Greg."

"Here."

"Chris." When there wasn't a reply, he looked up. "No Chris today."

Andrew shook his head.

"I saw him this morning. Where did you go?"

"His mom called," replied Andrew. "He had to run home. He said he'd be back later today."

"Tell him to come see me during lunch or after school, so I can give him the homework."

"Will do," said Andrew, turning to talk to his friends beside him.

The teacher continued.

"So the guy in the fancy car was your fiance, right?" asked Ashlyn.

Groaning, I laid my head on my desk. "I don't want to talk about it."

"You two are so cute," said her friend. "I saw the kiss, Aden." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"I'm going to kill him," I breathed.

"Aden."

"Yeah?" I turned to the teacher.

He shook his head with a laugh. "Just taking attendance."

I sunk into my seat. Today really was going to be an extra long day.

***

I opened and smiled at Titus. "Hi."

He gave me a hug and a kiss, before entering. "Hello, Mrs. Perri."

My mom stood in the entryway of the kitchen. "Where are you taking him tonight?"

"A movie and then dinner somewhere."

"Alright be safe. Your father and I are going out as well, so if for some reason you beat us back, you know why."

"Doubt that will happen," he said with a cheesy grin.

"Midnight, be home at least by then. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am." Titus ushered me outside. Grabbed my hand, he escorted me to the car and opened the door for me.

I climbed inside and put on my seatbelt as he went to the other side.

"Alright," he exclaimed, starting the vehicle. "Off to the theater. What do you want to see?"

I shrugged. "We'll figure it out when we get there."

Titus started down the road. "How was school?"

"I'm still being harassed for kissing you," I muttered.

"It can't be that bad. It's been over a week."

"I know," I stated, rubbing my forehead. "But somehow it keeps popping up. Even the teachers are teasing me for it."

"Like what?" He gave me a sideways glance.

"PDA jokes," I muttered.

Titus started to laughed. "Well, like I said. I'm sorry." He reached over and patted my hand. "I won't make you kiss me in public anymore."

"Hmmm..." I leaned against the window.

"I'll make it up to you. Where do you want to eat?"

"Somewhere fattening, so I can drown my high school sorrows in grease."

Titus burst into laughter and shook his head. "I doubt it's that bad."

I shrugged. "You'd be surprised." I shifted in my seat. "At least you left the sports car at home."

"I learned my lesson." He winked at me. "As a werewolf, I'm a master of blending in with my surroundings."

I scoffed at him. "You're what 7 foot. You sure do blend right in with us humans."

He smiled at me. "6'5."

***

Titus opened the door to the local burger restaurant. We went to an empty booth by the window. I slid into one side, and Titus took the other. He grabbed the special announcement on the table and started reading it.

"How'd you like the movie?"

I shrugged. "It was good. Can't complain about a movie that blows everything up."

"I find that strange with humans." He put the card down and leaned over the table up on his elbows. "Every movie I've seen, some psycho is blowing things up and all these secret conspiracies are running around, yet the hero is still anti-killing."

"Not all of them," I combatted. "How would it be done in your world?"

Titus shrugged. "We're not exactly anti-killing. It makes being on patrol that much worse, having to chase down a rogue and then eliminate them."

My eyebrows pressed together. "So you've?" I glanced around, but most of the other guests were sitting far away from us.

Titus shook his head. "No, but I will if I had to. It's my job as a dominant to protect the pack. It's the rank I've earned, and I take pride in it."

I nodded. "I supposed." I tapped my finger on the table. "It so different, though."

The waitress arrived. She gave us our menu and left to give us time to look through them.

Titus laid his menu across the table. I checked the different burger menu, but was leaning more towards chicken strips. White meat, Titus was going to make some sort of comment about it.

He cleared his throat. "Do you know who's car that is?"

I turned in my seat. "Which one?"

"Across the street with the lights off."

I shrugged. "It's too dark. I can't really tell. Why?"

"I thought I saw it before. A couple times actually." He checked the back panel that had the drinks listed.

"It looks like a common car. It would have just been a different one."

"Probably." He folded his menu up. "Did you decided?"

I sucked in my cheek and pointed to the item.

"Chicken," he exclaimed. "We're going to have some work to do after we're married."

My mouth dropped open. "There's nothing wrong with it."

He pointed his finger at me with a smirk. "I will not be ordering in no wimpy wolf white meat for you."

I glared at him. "Wimpy wolf white meat," I scoffed. "You made that up."

He shook his head dramatically. "It's very serious. It could get me demoted."

"Shut up," I hissed, sliding down in my seat. "That's what I want."

"Fine," he breathed. "We'll just have to counter the effects with another kind of meat."

"Like what?" I asked confused.

He gave me a grin. "A very special kind. It very rare. Most human never get to taste it."

"Unicorns are really, I knew it," I laughed.

"Oh no, even more rare." He sat up straight. "But you'll have to wait until we're mated before I can give it to you. Every night probably."

My mouth fell open, and I kicked him hard under the table.

Laughing, Titus reached down to rub his leg.

"Asshole," I muttered, blocking his face out with my menu. Werewolves had no decency.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 3.1K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
62.8K 2.5K 25
Uri Willis is the school hottie who is extremely "to die for". He is also a werewolf and the next-in-line Alpha in the River Blood pack, and he also...
401K 20.2K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...
601K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...