Bonded By Destiny

By Howtsaus

'Calm down Tamara, I can explain. ' My extra alert ears collected the sound waves, sending them to the brain... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 43

724 36 3
By Howtsaus

***Ryker***

Excruciating, the pain from the extremely tight grip on my neck was just acute. I just felt a force squeezing life out of me, and even though it happened for a few seconds I was still feeling it. How the hell had Tamara done that so fast? I was sure as hell that wasn't her wolf talking, she would never physically use her powers on me.

This, this was an entirely different force. Formidable than the power my mate possessed. What the hell was that? My beast was still shaken up, and he had retreated on the back of my conscious. A power that left my mate unconscious, but breathing peacefully. It had been roughly 10 minutes since collapsed, that was immediately after I was set free.

I had mind linked my mother instead of rushing her to the infirmary. I knew that, that particular incident was the one that had drained energy from her. She would recover but I figured with my mother around, she would be in safer hands.

'How is she? ' My mother pushed in the door then walked straight to where Tamara was without sparing me a glance. My father was not far behind and so was Janette who had become inseparable with my parents.

'She seems okay, other than being insensible. ' She put her palm on her forehead to probably confirm what I had just told her. Then her eyes were fixed on Tamara's chapped lips. Up until then, I hadn't really looked at her. I refused to let her appearances influence me in forgiving her.

'Are you damn out of your stupid mind Ryker? ' My mother was standing beside Tamara, the next she was in front of me.

'Why is she still here in your office?' My mother was one person that you could try to anger and end up failing miserably. To see her this incensed, sending sharp glares my way just meant she didn't like this at all. My father just looked at Tamara, then at me and shook his head in disappointment. Janette on the other hand kept on shaking her best friend to move but my mate didn't even stir.

'I don't know why you are so worked up over nothing. She just used a lot of power, so when her energy got drained she fainted. '

'Since when did you become a doctor? What if her state right now has nothing to do with her abilities? Carry my daughter and take her to the infirmary. I will rush to your house to pick some clothes for her. ' With that she left in a hurry, leaving behind my father and Janette.

'Whatever happened between you two shouldn't make you stupid. Arguments are normal between mates, they become a big deal when you choose to make them one. ' My father gave my left shoulder a pat.

'What do you mean? ' There was no way he knew we weren't on good terms with Mara. Who I'm I kidding, she had tried apologising and in return I had dismissed her like a commoner. Hell, I could feel the pain she was feeling as I uttered those vile words and yet I had left her there. As if that wasn't enough, I had blatantly insulted her and had insinuated a reaction.

What if I was the cause of her sudden collapse. Damn the pain I had felt through the bond when I called her stupid. I had done the one thing I wasn't supposed to do, revenge. I wanted her to feel the pain I had felt when she had called me weak. Despite my beast's warnings, I had overstepped and now I couldn't feel her through the bond.

I picked her bridal style and rushed her to see one of the pack doctors. I had already mind linked Doctor Bashir to wait at the very room she was when she last collapsed . So it was easy to navigate the infirmary corridors, up to the room. The man was already there, waiting to do some examinations.

Fast but careful not to hurt her, I placed her on the traditional hospital bed. The bed surface was shaped up by cold rolled steel plate. Both the head and foot board were made of oak wood. Her emotions remained cut off from our bond, and the longer her eyes remained closed the more I realised I had messed up.

'Alpha I will need to examine her without you interfering, kindly. '

'This is my mate we are talking about here..'

'And if you don't give the man space to look at her she will remain incapacitated. ' My father cut me off, tapping on the side of his had with his index finger. 'Now get out before I make you. ' His voice remained even, but I knew he meant every damn word he had just said. Of course my wolf and I had utmost respect to the man who sired us. So, with one look at our mate, we stepped out unwillingly.

'Ryker, your mates' well being is important than your pride as the alpha. That title you hold dear to you doesn't compare to her. I would have dropped down and left the pack if it ever came to that just to keep your mother safe. '

'Father, why are you telling me all of this? ' He shrugged his shoulders before continuing.

'I was once your age, arguing about almost everything your mother said. But I didn't even once hurt her just to put a point across. No, I would give her time to cool down and then we would sit down and talk like adults. Now you are my son, I know how you can get when your ego gets bruised. But before you react, make sure that the consequences won't come back to bite you.'

A failure, that is what he made me feel after the short speech. Either Mateo or Jayson had briefed him on the matter when he was left behind. Or Jayson had told Janette and in return she had filled him in. What sort of a mate did what I had done to mine? For goodness sake why had I let pride to cloud my judgement?

I raked my hands over and over again on my hair, pacing like a mad man along the corridors. She didn't have to apologise, I could feel the regret she had days before she came to apologise. The two nights that I stubbornly stayed at the office, her emotions were clear to me. Despite all that, I refused to accept that she had only said those words during the heat of the moment. What was I going to do now?

'How is she? ' My mom's voice snapped me out of my penitent thoughts. Just then, the door opened and Bashir held a file in his hand. I didn't see one earlier but then I might have just missed it. He opened it and it apparently had only a piece of paper with what I assumed was the diagnosis.

'Doctor Bashir, how is my daughter, what is wrong with her? ' My mother had truly embraced my mate as her own child. The worry portrayed by her furrowed eyebrows and her sad tone was just undeniable.

'First of all, in her current condition the Luna should always stay hydrated. Her blood sugar levels are very low, meaning she hasn't really been taking proper meals and fluids. Her stress levels and anxiety are also up and it is quite risky for her at this time. '

'Wait doctor, what condition are you talking about? ' My father threw a questioning glance my way and I could only cast my eyes on the floor in shame. I had failed to break the news to my parents and now there wasn't getting out of it.

'She is pregnant sir. '

My mother's lips stretched so wide, eyes immediately twinkling in total joy. The joyous expression however evaporated as fast as it had appeared.
'Wait, do you mean to say that she hasn't been eating? ' She had completely changed, and her eyes became murderous.

'You are in deep trouble. ' My father whispered, then stepped away from where I stood.

'Yes. " Bashir gave a nod.

'And the stress levels? Is she going through something? '

'Indeed, whatever she is going through has immensely affected her to a point of forgetting to feed. That coupled with low blood sugar means, less oxygen in the brain...'

'And that is why she fainted. ' She whispered the last part before finally fixing her unwavering glare on me.

'I am going to fucking kill you. ' Never in my life have I ever seen my mother and the former Luna this livid. Partial transformation only occurred when complete rage took over ones mind. The exact same thing was happening right before my eyes. Claws had already extended, and I could see grey fur beginning to form on her neck.

'Calm your wolf Maggie. ' My father stood in front of me, preventing my mother from reaching to where I stood.

'This stupid son of yours is the reason why my pregnant daughter lays unconscious in that room. ' She took another step, snarling at my father.

'Not anymore. ' The door opened, and Tamara stood beside the terrified doctor. Almost instantly my mother forgot about me and ran to her, pulling her on her chest for one tight hug. The relief I felt when I saw her standing on her two feet almost drew a howl from me. Then shame followed and my feet refused to move to go hold her to myself.

'What are you doing out of bed? You should be resting darling. ' She draped her right arm on my mate's shoulder and steered her back into the room. I remained still fazed about how my mother had managed to alter her emotions that fast. One minute she was going through a partial phase and the next she was back to normal hugging Tamara. I knew right then and there that I needed to make things right with her.

'Next time she will finish what she started. ' My father chuckled, then dragged me inside.

'Ryker Darren Manoa, let this be the last time you put my granddaughter and my daughter in danger. Next time you won't live to talk about what I'll do to you. '

'Tamara, how are you feeling? ' My father stood beside them by the bed.

'Just dizzy. '

'I'm sorry Mara, I..I..I don't even know where to start. ' I refused to see the contempt she must have had in her eyes.

'It is okay Ryker, I am awake now. '

'No it's not okay. You cannot neglect your mate over stupid arguments. She is pregnant for goddess sake Ryker? How could you? Jayson just briefed me telepathically on what happened. Yes she was at fault but to abandon her just because she called you weak? You knew she was with child, you of all people know the threat Addanc poses. It was instinctual for her to feel scared for your child. And yet you chose to punish her for days...Silly boy. '

'It's okay mother, we all made mistakes.' I instantly lifted the barrier on the side of my string, allowing my emotions to entwine with hers. I wanted her to feel what I was feeling, the regret and how sorry I was for making her go through her.

'You always surprise me my little mate. ' I whispered, finally moving to where she sat. I pried her from my mother's arms and pulled her on her feet gently, then did what I had been yearning to do. Her body on mine, her warmth mixing with mine.

'Thank you my little witch. ' I whispered, squeezing her a little bit tighter.

'I'm sorry for hurting you earlier, I didn't mean to, I couldn't control it. ' She whispered guiltily.

'I know you would never attempt to take my life. The words, it's as if it was someone else speaking on your behalf. ' I didn't care whether my parents were watching or not.

'I have so much to tell you. So much happened when I fainted. Oh and it is true, someone else was speaking on my behalf. '

'Who?'

'The high priestess, my grandmother.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 21.6K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
71.2K 7.5K 38
Book One of The Kinetic Mate Series Fire is destructive, fire do nothing but consume all in it path. The fire raged, consuming all in sight, burni...
235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
109K 3.8K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...