He Says He's Just A Friend

jms777 tarafından

Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As t... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - The Very First Night
Chapter 2 - Is It Really So Strange?
Chapter 3 - Speak Now
Chapter 4 - Fearless
Chapter 5 - The Way You Make Me Feel
Chapter 6 - Jump Then Fall
Chapter 7 - Well I Wonder
Chapter 8 - It's Nice to Have a Friend
Chapter 9 - Hold On
Chapter 10 - I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 11 - Can't Fight This Feeling
Chapter 12 - Crush Culture
Chapter 13 - Holy Ground
Chapter 14 - I Want You to Want Me
Chapter 15 - Peace
Chapter 16 - I Want the One I Can't Have
Chapter 17 - Gorgeous
Chapter 18 - I Want to Hold Your Hand
Chapter 19 - Play the Game
Chapter 20 - I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Chapter 21 - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Chapter 22 - Stay Stay Stay
Chapter 23 - I Wish You Would
Chapter 24 - Addicted to Love
Chapter 25 - Should've Said No
Chapter 26 - Fight or Flight
Chapter 27 - Treacherous
Chapter 28 - The Cut That Always Bleeds
Chapter 29 - Illicit Affairs
Chapter 30 - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Chapter 31 - It's Time to Go
Chapter 32 - All You Need Is Love
Chapter 33 - Epiphany
Chapter 34 - Run
Chapter 35 - You're All I Need to Get By
Chapter 36 - The Best Day
Chapter 37 - At Last
Chapter 38 - Hammer To Fall
Chapter 39 - The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
Chapter 40 - Everything Has Changed
Chapter 41 - Do You Want to Know A Secret
Chapter 42 - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Chapter 43 - Everybody Hurts
Chapter 44 - This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Chapter 45 - Dancing With Our Hands Tied
Chapter 46 - I Contain Multitudes
Chapter 47 - Hoax
Chapter 48 - You've Got a Friend
Chapter 49 - Long Story Short
Chapter 50 - Haunted
Chapter 51 - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
Chapter 52 - I Want to Break Free
Chapter 53 - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Chapter 54 - King of My Heart
Chapter 55 - Shiny Happy People
Chapter 56 - Wild Night
Chapter 57 - A Place in This World
Chapter 58 - Feels Like the First Time
Chapter 59 - Afterglow
Chapter 60 - Look What You Made Me Do
Chapter 61 - Everything I Wanted
Chapter 62 - This Love
Chapter 63 - You Can't Always Get What You Want
Chapter 64 - Under Pressure
Chapter 65 - So It Goes...
Chapter 66 - What's On My Mind
Chapter 67 - Friends Will Be Friends
Chapter 68 - Accept Yourself
Chapter 69 - The Story of Us
Chapter 70 - Everybody Knows
Chapter 71 - Tolerate It
Chapter 72 - I Think He Knows
Chapter 73 - Call It What You Want
Chapter 74 - Out in the Cold
Chapter 75 - Shake It Off
Chapter 76 - Just the Two of Us
Chapter 77 - ...Ready for It?
Chapter 78 - Come Together
Chapter 79 - Closure
Chapter 81 - Crazy
Epilogue I - Welcome to New York
Epilogue II - In the Future When All's Well

Chapter 80 - Comfort Crowd

1.8K 112 30
jms777 tarafından

- Clay -

At the refreshment table, I scanned the options. I knew not to go near the punch. By now, it would taste like battery acid with all the different alcohols added. Every loser who had the idea to spike it assumed they were the only one. There were always at least three at every dance. It was really more about bragging rights than actually drinking the punch. If they actually wanted to get drunk, they could drink what they brought in the flasks, like Brandon.

I ordered two Cokes from the boy manning the table. He looked about twelve. Definitely a freshman. The upperclassmen on the dance committees always stuck the younger members with duties on the night of, so they could have fun.

A girl walked up to stand beside me and smiled at me. "Clay, is that you?"

I almost didn't recognize her with her new nose. It completely changed her whole face. "Ashley?"

Ashley was my first high school girlfriend. We lasted for almost two months. After the first month, she suddenly became very clingy and jealous. I couldn't even talk to another girl without her blowing it out of proportion, which was a problem for me. I enjoyed talking to girls. Their conversations were always much more interesting and invigorating than most I had with my guy friends. I couldn't even mention another girl without her accusing me of wanting to sleep with her. Which, frankly, was extremely laughable. Even before I knew I was gay.

Her smile widened. "It's been so long." She spoke with a much thicker drawl than most people in town. She was from the same swampy, backwoods area as Tyler, way out in the middle of nowhere, although her family was majorly wealthy. The diamonds around her wrist and dripping from her earlobes proved that. I suspected her modest pale pink dress was designer.

"Um, yeah." I scratched the back of my head. This was the first time I'd spoken to her in three years. "It has."

Ashley walked forward and gripped her hands around my biceps. "I'm praying for you."

Everything about this exchange made me very uncomfortable: the touching, the statement, the pitying look in her eyes.

"Why?" I asked tentatively. Though with that sentence, the answer was pretty clear.

"Because I don't want you to go to Hell." She spoke without a trace of sarcasm. "My whole church is praying for you, actually. After I showed my pastor that... video you made." She made it sound like I'd done porn. Although, that might be preferable to them as long as it was with a girl.

I pushed my arms up to break her hold on me. "Save your prayers, Ashley. I don't want them."

She clutched her fingers around the sterling silver crucifix necklace she used to wear every day. I guess she still did. "You may not want them, but you need them."

I shook my head. "It's people like you that caused me to be so lonely and miserable my whole life. I repressed any genuine feelings I had and forced myself to be something I'm not as a defense mechanism."

That assessment was curtesy of Dr. Singh, who I kind of loved talking to. He was a huge basketball fan, and we spent twenty minutes of my last session talking about the Knicks lineup. We spent the rest of the session talking about how much I loved Emmett and our plans for next year.

Ashley shook her head. "That's just mind games trying to tempt you into this sinful life. The boy I dated had a heart of gold and a pure soul. He wasn't gay." She reached out like she was going to touch my face, but I backed away.

"Yeah, Ashley, he was. You know how I know that?"

Ashley tilted her head to the side, her lips twisted into a sour pucker. She didn't look like she wanted the answer.

I decided to tell her, anyway. "I like men. I like the way they look. I like the way they smell. But most of all, the thing that really cinched it for me, I really, really enjoy taking my boyfriend's dick." I winked at her. "But you get where I'm coming from. I heard all about you and Thad at church camp this summer. Tsk, tsk, tsk. In the chapel, of all places, Ash."

Ashley's mouth fell open, releasing a horrified gasp. She fell back a half step; her face going pale.

I turned to the boy who'd poured my drinks. He was trying very hard not to laugh. I grabbed the two cups, which were starting to sweat. I gave a nod and a smirk. "Thanks, dude."

I turned back to Ashley. "If you'll excuse me, my boyfriend is waiting." Just to really fuck with her, I took a step toward her, and added, "And I'm just so horny, I may have to find an empty room somewhere to just let him rail me until my eyes roll back in my head."

"You're disgusting." Ashley grunted.

I chuckled. With the most cheery tone I could muster, I said, "Fuck you very much, Ashley. It's been a shit show talking to you. I hope I never hear your whiny-ass voice again." I made a kissing motion at her. "Caio, hun."

Leaving her behind, I set off to find Emmett, who had made his way to the table in the corner. I put the drinks down and grabbed Emmett's face to kiss him, with more tongue than was strictly necessary.

"What was that for?" Emmett asked.

"Just for being my boyfriend. I really love you."

"I know."

"You want to come grind on me on the dance floor to make all the homophobes really uncomfortable?"

"Hell yeah!"

I took Emmett's hand and led him to the middle of the floor, surrounded by our friends. I started laughing when Brandon and Jackson got on either side of me and Emmett to join in our dirty dancing crusade against self-righteous assholes.

When the music changed to a slow ballad, Brandon and Jackson wrapped me and Emmett in a tight embrace. The rest of our friends followed suit until we were just a mass of swaying bodies in the middle of the dance floor.

I had so much love for these people, especially the boy right in front of me.

I pressed my forehead to Emmett's, gazing into his eyes. There were some moments in life where you just knew you'd always remember it as something truly special. This was one of those for me. It seemed impossible to believe that just a few months ago, I had resigned myself to having a life of despondency and numbness. Accepting that was all I'd ever know. That I'd never have a true connection with anyone. It just proved that you could never know what will happen. And you should not be afraid to go after what makes you happy. Sometimes, for those brave enough, you get everything you never knew you always wanted.

I did.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

95.8K 4.3K 32
Clay's life seems fine, but is everything except from fine due to bullies ruining his happiness day by day. His grandpa is the only one who knows eve...
47.1K 1.5K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
240K 15.1K 48
BOYS' LOVE Tucker Hill is simultaneously caught in the middle of two very complex relationships- one with his new step-brother, and one with his chil...
16.1K 542 40
[COMPLETED] Meet Jacob and Theodore, the polar opposites within a tight-knit circle of the most esteemed members of society. Jacob's the laid-back an...