Different Worlds

By mpumiphillips

Julia Garner, 17 year old nerd from Wellington High School has trust issues. Aaron Kavinsky, a senior in Well... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 15

260 14 0
By mpumiphillips

Julia's P.O.V

"And? Did you tell them that I never loved any of them?" Aaron asked after I walked into the room.

"Yeah."

"Did they understand that?" he asked again.

"I think."

"Okay. Did they make up?"

"I hope so." I answered. "So, what are you busy with?"

"I was just telling them about this school trip that I went to when I was 10." he said.

"What about it?" I asked, sitting next to one of the campers.

"I kissed six girls in one night." he smirked.

Eww. At the age of ten?

"Well, I don't want to hear about it." I said, standing up. "And I definitely don't think they want to hear about that as well." I finished off.

"Oh, trust me, they do." he smiled.

"Yes we do." John smiled.

Instead of answering any of them, I walk to the dresser and take a look at one of the books that are placed there.

"Julia." two voices said from behind me.

I turn around to look who they are. Tamia and Kylie, together. I walk over to them and we step outside.

"I thought you don't know my name." I smiled.

"We looked at the file." Kylie chuckled and I chuckled back.

"We're sorry."

"We shouldn't have treated you the way that we did. We thought that it would make us popular, you know." Tamia explained.

"And I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you on the first day." Kylie added.

"It's okay guys." I smiled. "But, did you two make up?"

"Yeah. I mean, you were right. I need Kylie in my life." Tamia chuckled.

"I'm glad."

"We're also sorry about the whole Aaron situation."

"It's okay."

"So, are we cool?" Kylie asked.

"Definitely!"

***

The next day

"Morning." Aaron greeted me with an amiable grin.

"Hi." I greeted back awkwardly.

"How did you sleep?" he smiled.

"Good. Why are you in such a good mood?" I asked in confusion.

"Because you and I are going somewhere." he said with a big smile on his face.

"Where to?" I asked, getting out of bed.

"The beach!" he exclaimed.

Yes!

"But wait, why?" I asked, heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Because, I just feel like going to the beach today." he said, following me behind.

"Why do you want me to come along?" I asked with toothpaste in my mouth.

"No reason." he smiled. "Chad will be there as well." he added.

"So?"

"That means, if we fight, he will be there to stop us." he said.

I rinse the toothpaste off my lips, and give him a look.

"I still don't get why you want me to go with you." I sighed.

"Just come and stop whining."

"I don't have my swimsuit here." I said.

"Then just wear shorts and a shirt." he suggested.

Shorts? Cringe...

"I don't have shorts." I said truthfully.

"Ask Tamia or Kylie to borrow you."

Why does he always come up with suggestions?

"They won't fit. They have petite bodies, and I am fat." I said, mumbling the last part to myself.

"Who told you that?"

Alot of people.

"Brookes, Maria, Kevin, Sarah. I could go on." I said.

"Well, they lied." he smiled. "You are not fat, they are just skinny." he said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

Really?

"Now, take a shower quickly and after that, we'll go and buy you shorts." he said, leaving the bathroom.

I take a quick shower, and luckily this time I did not sing. I take the towel hanging on the door and cover myself. I step out of the room and find Aaron sitting on my bed.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked, folding my hands.

"Waiting for you." he said in a 'duh' tone.

"You're supposed to wait outside, not in here."

"What's problem? It's not like you are naked." he said.

"That's not the point!"

"Then what is the point?"

"What if I was naked?" I asked.

"Exactly, what if." he smiled. "Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. Just get your clothes from the luggage, go back to the bathroom and get dressed." he ordered.

"Stop making a mountain out of a molehill." I mimicked him, making my way to the suitcase.

"It means, don't try to make a small matter a big one." he smiled.

"I never said I don't know what that means." I said, looking at him through the corner of my eye.

"Shut up and go get dressed."

I head back to the bathroom to get dressed, and I wear my hair in a high ponytail. I step out of the bathroom to pack my toiletry in my suitcase.

Aaron and I walk to the reception and head to his car.

"Don't worry about your duties." he smiled, and he thereafter drives off in the direction of the beach.

We stop at a store before we reach the beach, and we enter. I look through the clothes in the store, and they are all so skimpy.

Aaron comes back to me holding a pink bikini and shows it to me.

"I don't like pink." I said to him.

He leaves and comes back with a blue one.

"I don't wear bikini's Aaron. I'm sorry I wasted your time, but I've never worn a swimsuit before." I said to him.

"Why?" he asked me, placing the bikini on a nearby stool.

"Because, it shows too much skin. And I don't like the way my body looks." I said truthfully.

"I didn't lie to you when I said you are not fat. I didn't lie to you when I said you have a smooth skin." he said. "Sit down."

We both sit down on a red sofa next to the stool.

"Don't listen Miya, Barney, Sam and all those other people who keep on telling you that you are fat." he said and I chuckled in response because he got all the names wrong.

It's Maria, Brookes and Sarah.

"And that kid, Mika, she didn't lie when she said you are beautiful... Now, take this bikini and get into that fitting room." he said, putting it in my hands.

I stand up and head to fitting room to wear the bikini. Before I could walk out, I slightly open the door and ask Aaron to hand me the black swimsuit cover that was placed nearby.

I take it from him and wear it over the bikini.

Much better.

"Do you feel comfortable in that?" he asked me after I stepped out of the room.

"I guess." I smiled.

"Okay, now let's go." he said happily.

"Wait, I have to pay for these." I said, heading in the direction of the fitting room.

He pulls me back to him and whispers, "already did that."

We leave the store and drive to the beach in comfortable silence. We walk towards a purple and white tent and we find Chad sitting with Britney and they are both having beer.

Britney?

"And then? What the hell is she doing here?" Britney asked the minute she noticed me.

"Hello to you too B." Aaron said.

"Hey Aaron, but why are you with her?"

"I invited her." he said, taking two beers out of the cooler and handing one to me.

"No thank you." I said to him sheepishly.

He puts it back and hand me a bottle of Coke.

"Hi Chad, hi Britney." I greeted them.

"How are you?" Chad asked.

"Good, thanks. And you?" he asked.

"I'm good." I said to him. "Uhm... Britney, I think you and I had a little misunderstanding." I said to her.

~~~

Hey y'all!

Thank you for the reads, votes and comments that I have so far. I love and appreciate all of you guys <3

Sorry for ending this chapter like this, I just didn't wanna make it too long. Hehe.

I love how Aaron boosted Julia's self-confidence. I think that's very kind of him.

Anyhooo, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...
267K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
104K 4.6K 53
I never should have given him the time of day yet somehow, he found a way to earn my attention. He bothered me enough to want to strangle him but he...