Little Bird (Miya Atsumu x OC)

By CrimsonMerc

Suzume grew up playing volleyball with her brother. She was right-handed, but after being so inspired by her... More

Introduction
Part I - HYOGO
INARIZAKI HIGH
TRY OUTS
FRIENDS
WALKS
GIRLS PRACTICE
CLEARING THE AIR
TWO v TWO
THE NUMBER 7
SURPRISE VISITS
HERE FOR YOU
INTERRUPTIONS
INTER-HIGH PRELIMS
POPULAR
REPLACED
SUSAMU
CONFRONTED FEELINGS
CONFESSIONS
JEALOUSY
OFFICIAL
KNOW YOUR PLACE
PLAYTIME
SCHOOL TRIP (PART 1)
SCHOOL TRIP (PART 2)
SCHOOL TRIP (PART 3)
PRELIM STRESS
BIRTHDAY BOYS
SPRING PRELIMS
ALL JAPAN
NATIONALS
PIECES
Part II - A NEW YEAR
INSTAGRAM
OVERKILL
INARIZAKI V INARIZAKI
OIKAWA TOORU
KISS
COMPROMISES
AS FRIENDS
OBSESSION
PANIC ATTACK
TOKYO
ATTACHMENT
FINALS
Epilogue

BIRTHDAY GIRL

2.4K 67 2
By CrimsonMerc

D E C E M B E R

"Morning little fox."

"Atsumu? Why are you here so early?" The girl whined in her morning voice as she sleepily rubbed her eyes.

"Because it's New Year's Eve! Which means yer birthdays tomorrow!" Atsumu was always so chipper in the mornings. In Suzume's case it was only possible if she had volleyball, which she didn't.

"Yes, tomorrow? So not today." She went to lay back down but Atsumu sat her back up, wrapping his arms around her.

"Well, we're all going to the beach for the day, well and night of course." He knew she didn't have anything planned for it, so he talked with the others about having a beach day and they all agreed.

"All?"

"Yeah, the boys and girls volleyball teams. We're gonna pack food, drinks, fireworks and a volleyball net of course."

Suzume's eyes lit up and Atsumu couldn't help but chuckle.

"Really?!"

"Really."

"Wow! I can't wait! Let's go then!" She said hopping out of her bed forgetting that she was only in shorts and a bra.

Atsumu gulped before grabbing her hand to stop her.

"Ya ain't going dressed like that."

They had had a glorious day of fun, games, food and a lot of volleyball.

It was starting to get dark so as a surprise, The boys lit up the net with fairy lights while the girls distracted Suzume. When they got the ok to go back Suzume was taken aback.

"Oh my gosh this is amazing!" She exclaimed as she ran over to thank the boys. They all smiled, happy to see such a bright smile on the girls face but Atsumu was the happiest.

"I bet yer face is startin' to hurt from all that smilin'." The blonde teased and she playfully glared before dragging him onto her side of the net.

"Come on, set for me." She begged and he raised a brow.

"Eager, are we?" He teased, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Well, I can always be on Susu-chan's team..." she said as she ducked under the net, but he grabbed her elbow.

"Not so fast! I'll set for ya! Promise no funny business." He said hastily.

"Hmm that's what I thought."

Volleyball had been fun. Suzume had ended up swapping positions with Atsumu and setting for him while he spiked. Sure, she wasn't the greatest at setting but she managed to give him some good ones...

And some bad ones too which resulted in her being scolded by the blonde.

It wasn't long now until the clock would strike midnight, so Suzuya decided to break her bestie's cake out early. She handed the first slice to Suzume of course, but before she could even start eating the cake Atsumu slipped her plate from her.

"Hey!"

"What's yers is mine darlin'." He said with a smirk as he ate her slice of cake in front of her. Suzume pouted before getting an idea.

As she watched her boyfriend eating her slice happily, she ever so gently pushed his face down when he opened his mouth. He gasped as his face smudged into the soft fluffy dessert.

Suzume along with the others giggled and his jaw dropped as he turned to see his girlfriend giggling at him.

"Ya got it in my hair!" The boy whined before his face turned dark. "Yer gonna regret that little fox." He warned.

She had already taken off down the beach before he could even start chasing her, the others laughing at the loud and energetic couple. She threw her beautiful head back as she couldn't stop laughing which allowed him to gain on her quickly.

He caught up to her in no time and she shrieked when he tackled her in the sand, and they fell to the ground.

"Since when did you become a rugby player!" She shrieked before she was smothered with kisses and tickles. Bits of cake still stuck to his face, some getting on her as they both became a laughing mess. Once she was weak from all the excitement, he pinned her arms above her head and straddled her hips as she struggled against him, she eventually huffed in defeat.

"I win." He smirked down at her face which was red from all the running, and she pouted at his handsome face.

"No fair! It's my birthday soon. You're meant to let me win." She argued and he chuckled knowing that she really hated losing.

They can hear their friends shouting the countdown and Atsumu smiles down at his girl.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

Atsumu leaned down and pressed his lips against Suzume's. She immediately responded by kissing him back. He kissed her passionately and with all the care in the world.

The fireworks began, startling both of them apart as they looked up into the sky. Atsumu moved to help her sit up and pulled her against his chest so he could cuddle her from behind. They sat in the sand watching the multi-colours explode, illuminating the dark night sky.

He shifted so that he could reach into his pocket and he pulled out a small box.

"Happy new year and happy birthday, little fox." He whispered in her ear as he kissed her temple and handed her the small box.

Her eyes lit up and she turned so that Atsumu could see her.

"Thank you! But you know you didn't have to get me anything right?" She said and he waved her off as if to say how ridiculous that notion was.

She carefully opened the box to reveal a rose gold oval shaped locket with a beautiful design on the top. She gasped before opening it to reveal a picture of them.

"Oh my gosh Tsumi! It's so beautiful I love it." She felt tears welling up in her eyes and the setter chuckled pulling her closer.

"Well, I'm glad." He said before helping her put it on. She was in absolute awe of this boy. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have someone like him.

"I hope yer having the best time." his hands ran up and down her arms gently caressing her skin and she had goosebumps from his touch.

"I'm having the perfect time." She hummed, leaning back further into him. They fit against each other's bodies so perfectly it was like they were made for each other.

Even though the fireworks were loud, Atsumu listened to the dark haired girls breathing. He was overwhelmed with how much this girl meant to him that he just couldn't contain himself.

"I want to be with ya forever Zume-chan." His cheeks had flushed red, and she tensed. Her head whipping around to look at him and he hurriedly looked away after seeing the shocked look on her face.

'Oh man! What kinda idiot confesses that at 17! She's going to think I'm an idiot!' But it wasn't a lie what he had said. He loved her with every bit of him to the point he felt that he would die if he didn't have her in his life.

But still he was completely embarrassed, the deafening silence killing him. The boy shuffled to move away.

"Ah, shit, forget I-"

"Promise me." Suzume's voice broke through his, her arm latching onto him and he halted. He slowly turned to see her beautiful olive eyes shimmering with the different colours the fireworks reflected.

"What?"

"I want to be with you forever too Miya Atsumu. You're my first love, my only love, so... Promise me." She was slightly shaking due to how nervous she was.

A smile rose to Atsumu's face and he quickly closed the distance, pulling her into his arms and kissing her with all the passion he had.

"Yer my first and only too, now and forever." He leant his forehead against hers, both smiling as their eyes fluttered closed.

"I promise."

To both of them, it was one of the best memories they shared.

...

"Hold it out or ya gonna get burned!" Atsumu chuckled as he stood behind his girlfriend with his hand on her hip, his other arm was holding a lit up sparkler. She giggled as he used his to light hers and then she gasped pulling away so she could turn to face him.

The bright sparks illuminated the space around him, and she could see his handsome smile.

"Look Tsumi!" She used her sparkler to write his name but to him it just looked jumbled.

"Eh? Let me have a turn." He said before trying to spell her name. His looked just as bad which made the two chuckle before their sparklers fizzled out.

As the two went to get more, they saw Akagi being chased by Osamu with a sparkler who soon ended up face planting in the sand.

Laughter surrounded the group although Atsumu was beyond the loudest. His brother getting a mouthful of sand certainly made him feel better.

"Shut it 'Tsumu!" The grey haired twin shouted before getting up and running for his brother leaving Suzume cold but giggling.

There were so many photos, laughter and genuine joy around everyone tonight, they couldn't have asked for a better way to spend New Years.

As the night went on, many began to leave as they were getting sleepy, but a few still remained.

By now it was just the twins, Chiki, Suzume, Suzuya and Suna.

"Right! Time for Suzu-chan to open her presents!" Suzuya called as she clapped her hands together.

"I've already given her mine." Atsumu said as he took a seat next to the birthday girl and hugged her against him. She smiled up at the blonde as she touched the necklace he had gotten her.

"Impatient much?" Osamu snickered which ended him a glare and a kick from his brother.

"Fine! We'll start." Suzuya says as she grabs the present she and Osamu had collabed on.

"Happy birthday Suzume-chan." Osamu said as he sat watching his girlfriend hand her bestfriend the present.

"Thank you guys so much!"

She carefully opened the present, although Atsumu thought she was taking too long so he ripped it open fast earning him a glare.

"What?"

When her eyes landed on the present she gasped, smiling at the two.

"How'd you know I needed a new one?" She asked as she took out the black and white volleyball bag.

"Well I got sick of looking at your falling apart tattered one, so thought we'd get you a new one."

"Thank you guys!"

"Mines next." Chiki announced as she passed Suzume the neatly wrapped box.

She opened it to reveal a #1 Captain keychain and matching maroon #1 Captain T-shirt.

"Aw Chiki this is so cute! Thank you!" Suzume said. Chiki sent her a quick wink before looking over to Suna.

"Last is mine." Suna said in his usual tone although there was a small smile present on his face as he handed her his gift.

She felt it first and smirked which in turn Suna smirked and the others looked at them curiously.

"What is it?" Atsumu questioned, but Suzume was too excited as she tore open the paper to reveal...

"An Oodie! You really got me one?!" She felt the soft fabric. In her hands was a fluffy black and maroon Oodie that had small foxes printed on it. She had been wanting one ever since she saw Suna's.

"Of course, I did." He chuckled lightly and she got up wrapping her arms around the tall blocker.

"Thank you, Rin! I love it." She said and the tall boy in turn wrapped his arms around her.

"Alright, alright that's enough." Atsumu fake laughed as he pulled his girlfriend back into his lap making the others laugh.

'Jealous much?'

"Thank you all so much, I loved everything and today was so special I won't ever forget it." 

...

A lil bit cheesy but oh well. I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

Don't forget to like and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.6K 14
Status: COMPLETE ~ ~ ~ A heart can be delicate, that's what (Y/N) wanted to believe. She is lonely, fragile, yet she's still a cheerful person. Life...
807K 22K 41
A haikyuu fanfic!! A normal girl, with a big passion for volleyball goes to Karasuno and she is determined to be the best volleyball player, even th...
371K 7.1K 21
MATURE CONTENT: READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED Chapters: 4, 8, 12 , 15, 17, 20. Beware. You were stressed out to the point where you felt like it was...
473K 13.3K 50
**UDATE 3/17/21: I WILL BE REWRITING IN A SEPARATE STORY WHICH WILL HAVE THE SAME TITLE AND THE PLOT WILL BE PRETTY SIMILAR. PLEASE CHECK MY PROFILE...