AS FRIENDS

M A Y

"Zume-chan!" Atsumu shouted when he saw her round the corner. He opened his arms to hug her, but was instead met with Suna who she had thrown at him.

"Gah! Yer not Zume-chan?" He exasperated.

"No, I am not. Get off me." Suna deadpanned as he shoved Atsumu off of him in annoyance.

"Why did you dodge me- Oh..." Atsumu said in realisation. He had completely forgotten he wasn't allowed to touch her at all and he hated just how hard of a task that was going to be.

"It's obviously you're not taking it seriously." She teased which made him panic.

"I am! I swear! I just forgot!"

They made their way to class together, and he talked to her until the bell rung to start class. He was looking at her in a daze, still happy at the fact he could talk to her again and that she wasn't ignoring him.

It felt good.

"Oh shoot, I forgot I'm meant to give these notes back to Susu-chan." She said hurriedly and made her way out of class before Atsumu could even offer to go with her.

"Looks like you two made up?" Suna asked raising a brow at his friend who soon smiled.

"Yup, we sure did."

Suddenly, a group of other girls in their class approached him flirtatiously, though his mind was too focused on Suzume to even notice.

"Hey Miya-san."

"Oh hi." He said politely a feeling of boredom taking over.

"Is it true your back with Suzume-san?"

"Well, it's complicated-"

"He's not, just friends. There, not that complicated." Suna cut him off calling from the back of the class with a smirk and Atsumu turned to scowl at him. Suna buried his head back into his forearm as he tried to drift off too dreamland.

"Why are you even still bothering with her?"

'Yeah! I mean I heard she's been treating you cold lately."

"Why would you want to be with her?"

Atsumu looked at them like they said they drowned kittens as a hobby and he stood up abruptly, not wanting to be around them anymore.

"I would never give up on her she's worth everythin'."

...

The boys were taking a quick break from training and Atsumu was dreamily staring at his Zume-chan... again. Osamu was starting to get irritated with his brother, so he threw a ball at his head.

"Whoops." He called falsely and the blonde turned to his brother in anger. They began to bicker until Osamu couldn't be bothered anymore.

"I'm allowed to be distracted." Atsumu pouted and his brother sighed sitting down beside him on the bench. He had heard all about the second chance she had given him, and felt happy for him of course. After all, he was already perkier than he had been for the entire holidays.

"Yer lucky to have gotten another chance 'Tsumu, so ya better not mess this up." Osamu tells him.

"Yeah, girls like her don't come around every day." Suna said joining in on the conversation.

"I'm not lettin' go this time. I'm not gonna mess up. But..." His happy persona wavered as his smile dropped and he scratched the back of his head.