Nothing To Lose (On Hold)

By livetowrite_7

> A wish can be a powerful thing, and when Julie wishes she never met Sunset Curve, she changes things. Now... More

Chapter 1: A Weird Feeling
Chapter 2: The Great Outside Awaits
Chapter 3: Stranger on the Street
Chapter 4: Renzo
Chapter 5: Closed Doors
Chapter 6: Stranger
Chapter 8: Off Limits
Chapter 8: Pages of Past
Not an update
Hi

Chapter 7: Wake Up

43 2 0
By livetowrite_7

Julie's POV

I couldn't believe I was about to go knock on the door of my old house. It was going to be pretty akward, but I needed to find out who this boy was, and why I was forgetting him.

I knock on my old front door, feeling nervous about this whole thing. What if they didn't let me look around in the studio? Then what?

The front door swings open and I freeze when I see my long term crush, Nick, standing in the doorway.

"Nick?" I say.

"Julie? What are you doing here? How'd you know where I live?"

"Um....funny story actually." I say. "So um...I use to live here and I came here to ask the new home owners if I could take a look around my mom's old studio."

"My parents aren't home, but yeah of course." Nick says. "We actually haven't stepped foot in there because we thought we should just leave it. It looked like a special place."

"It was." I say. We stand there in akward silence for a moment before Nick broke the silence.

"So, you wanted to see the studio?" Nick says.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Alright, yeah." Nick says. "It's all your's, I'll let you be alone."

"Actually, can you come with me?"  I ask. To be honest, I wasn't ready to go in there alone. I would have asked Flynn to come with me, but after the kiss I'm not sure where we stand. Are we pretending like it never happened? Is she breaking up with Carrie? I don't know. Plus, this was a good way to spend alone time with Nick, if I even still like him. Lately my feelings have been all mushed up and swirled around. "It'd be nice to have a friend in there with me."

"Really? Yeah, okay." Nick says.

A/N: sorry for interrupting, but in the show Nick asked Julie out in episode 9 but she declined him because of her feelings for Luke, in this time line, Nick didn't ask her out and this is because Julie never met the ghosts so she never came out of her shell and started music again. I'm not saying Nick only liked her because of the band, but the band helped Julie shine and break out of her shell, and that's when Nick started to like her, when she was more confident. They were also never dance partners because she wasn't in dance class anymore after being cut from the music program (I just thought those went together) okay now on with the story sorry.

Me and Nick walk down the path and stop outside my mom's old studio. I hadn't been in here since Dad asked me to clean it out, and I couldn't even do that. I took a deep breath and opened the doors.

The room was left exactly how we left it. The pillows perfectly placed on the couch, my mom's old six string hanging on the wall, the old stereo sitting on the table, the chairs floating on the ceiling, even the sheet music my mom left on the piano. The last time I came in here, I actually looked at it. It was a song called Wake up, she wrote it for me before she-

I take a deep breath and step inside the studio. I already felt more connected to music and my mom, like I never stopped playing in here which was a little odd. I walk over to the piano and look at the song again.

"Wake up wake up, if it's all you do. Look out, look inside of you. It's not what you lost, relight that spark time to come outta the dark, wake up."

It was a beautiful song as all my mom's songs were. In the back by the window, the dialah flowers remained watered and thriving.

"You kept the flowers alive." I say with a smile, still gazing at them as the sun shown is beautiful sun rays on them.

"Yeah, of course." He said. "Well my mom did. She was the only one who was ever in here, and only to water the plants. So what exactly are you looking for."

"I'm not exactly sure yet." I say my thought outloud. "Uh, I mean...I just wanted to come in here again. Thanks for not changing anything."

"No problem." Nick says.

I make my way up to the loft which was full a bunch of old junk. I look around, there's a couple gutair cases, a drum set, lots of boxes, even my old key board from when I use to play was up here. There was a set of drumsticks setting down on the red bean bag chair and bags filled with clothes that looked like they were from the 90's.

Then, as if by fate, I find on single CD case sitting alone on the floor. Somehow, I felt like it was calling to me. I pick up the CD. Sunset Curve was the name written on it. Interesting, I've never heard of them. 

I climb down the step and as if being controlled by a greater force, I walk over to the stereo, pop the disc in, and let the heavy rock music consume me.

"One two three,"

Flynn's POV

I can't stop thinking about the kiss with Julie, and how great it felt. I also can't stop thinking about the kiss with Carrie, and how....not great, it was.

I love Jules, I always have ...but I always thought it was in the friend way. Maybe I've mistaken love for friendship, but one thing was for sure, I was still dating Carrie.

I couldn't just keep leading her on like this when I had feelings for someone else. I think the only thing there was to do right now was tell the truth, no matter how hard it may be.

I knocked on her front door and she answered.

"Hey Flynn." She smiles at me. She wouldn't be smiling as soon as I tell her I'm breaking up with her.

"Hey Carrie, can we talk?"

Her smile fades, but she still tries too keep it. "Yeah sure, come on in." She says.

We walk up to her room and a nervous feeling begins to boil inside of me. I was about to break her heart and all because I didn't know what I wanted.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Look, Carrie..." I start. There was no easy way to break-up with someone. Someone always ended up getting their heartbroken. "I.....it's not you, it's me, I-"

"You're breaking up with me." Carrie nods, holding back tears. "Am I right?"

"Yeah." I nod. "I'm sorry it's just-"

"You don't need to explain it to me." She says. "I understand."

"No, Carrie please." I say. "I want us to still be friends. I still love you, but as friends."

"You love someone else?" She asks.

"Yeah." I nod, breaking eye contact.

"Then you should be with them." Carrie says. I could tell she was trying to be good about this, but she was heartbroken.

"Thanks." I say. "Still friends?"

"Still friends." She says, although I knew she wouldn't have still wanted to be friends if she knew it was Julie who I had feelings for. That's apparently why Nick broke up with her, because he likes Julie.

"I gotta go." I say. "Thanks for understanding."

"Yeah." Carrie says.

I give her one last smile before leaving. Now I just needed to tell Julie that the kiss ment something.

Lucy's POV

"Follow me." I smile at him. 

He stares at me blankly for a moment.

"Trust me Bass Boy." I grin, taking his hand. I could understand why he was still leaneant on trusting me, with everything that's he's told me, but I needed his full trust.

I poof us outside the club to take him on an adventure.

"Lucy I'm not allowed to-" he starts.

"He won't find out." I say. "But there's a special place I want to show you." I say. "I've never shown it to anyone, so you gotta promise to keep my secret."

"Yeah...I promise." Reggie says.

"Okay, then let's go." I take his hand again and I poof us the the big oak tree in the park. "This is my tree." I say. "Whenever things got...bad with my dad, I would come here. Somehow, it always made me feel safe. Did you have a safe space?"

Reggie stays silent for a moment, staring at the tree. "Yeah." He finally answers. "The band."

"That's amazing, how you four were all so close."

"Yeah." I say. "Wait, how'd you know about Bobby?"

"Umm...." I start. What was I going to say? "I was alive back in 95." I say, which was true. "I was a fan of Sunset Curve, I recognized you from there and so I knew there was four members." I say, which wasn't completely true. I wasn't a fan, and I had only heard of them when I made a deal with a kid named Trevor.

"You were a fan?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I only realized you were from Sunset Curve after our second date." I say. "Anyways, this tree is where I'd always meet my friend and I'd tell him about everything." I say. "Secrets don't leave this place. So if you ever want to talk about something....this place is a safe spot to to that."

"Lucy, did I ever tell you about-" he was about to open up to me, we were about to be closer but of course that had to be ruined by a voice.

"Well it has been a long while since I've seen you." A familiar voice says.  It was my old friend, Loren. He was with the lead singer of the band, Luke.

"You two know each other?" Reggie asks.

"Oh yeah, me and Lu go way back." Loren says. "Don't we?" He smiles at me.

"We were just partners in a little job we had to do for someone." I say glarring at Loren.

"Oh, Reg....um this is Renzo." Luke says. I guess Loren was changing things up like I was.

"So you're Reggie?" Loren says. "We kinda met last night when I brought you home." He says to Luke. "By the way you seem to be feeling great, Reggie must have known what he was doing helping you."

Tension rises when he says that. I'm guessing Luke also had to know about his history, being his best friend and all. But also because of the way he was looking at Reggie, as if he was trying to tell if he was okay.

"Umm... So what are you doing out here?" Luke asks trying to change the subject. It didn't help, the akward tension was still there. But I get the effort, he was good friend.

"Leaving." I say. "Come on Reggie, let's go back to the club."

"Yeah, um I'll see you at band practice." Reggie says to Luke. 

They exchange smiles. Luke's smile was the type you give to someone when you're trying to alpologize to them silently.  Reggie's smile was the kind of smile you give to someone to be nice, but you really don't feel like smiling.

We poof back to the Hollywood Ghost Club.

"Sorry about that." I say. "That was really akward."

"No... It's fine." Reggie says. "I should go though, I have band practice." He says and he poofs away without even waiting for a response.

Just like when we were alive, Loren was about to ruin everything. I needed to talk to him.

Luke's POV

After Reggie and Lucy poof away, Renzo turns to me.

"If I were you, I wouldn't trust her." He says.

"Who Lucy?" I ask. I mean sure at first I had my doubts, but only because I didn't want Reggie to get hurt again. But now, seeing how happy she made him, I knew she was the right girl for him.

"Is that what she's calling herself now." Renzo laughs. "Alright, yeah I mean Lucy. Just don't trust her, and Reggie. She's probably already brainwashed him."

"What are you talking about, why wouldn't I trust her?" I ask.

"Just don't." Renzo says. "Anyways, wanna go to a party?"

"I can't I have band practice in like ten minutes." I say. "But we can hang out later?"

"Sorry, I'm busy later." Renzo says. "So I guess I'll just see you tomorrow."

"Wait." I say. "I mean....we got ten minutes."

Renzo smiles. "Great, because there's still so much I want to show you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 159 26
โ€ข ๐š ๐—ท๐˜‚๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐˜‚ โ€ข As summer begins, to move on from her mom's death, Julie decides to visit a new city with her best friend Flynn, soon she discov...
98.6K 2.8K 17
A while ago on an Instagram live with Madison and Charlie, it was brought up very briefly that Luke and Alex -- when the guys were still alive, that...
92K 2.8K 68
some julie and the phantoms one-shots (mainly willex) ~ requests open :) ~ #2 in willex 2/9/21 #1 in willex 2/12/21 ๐Ÿฅบ
39.5K 881 29
"I think the bands back" Luke says with more tears coming from his eyes. Reggie and Alex chuckle in response. "You guys think we could try that hug...