His Presence | Ongoing

By MammaMiiaa

โ๐‘๐š๐ž..โž โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ...๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฉ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐ญ, ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง'๐ญ ๏ฟฝ... More

Intro | Character Aesthetics
ยป | Aesthetics
Dedication
Prologue
01 | Under control

02 | Drop out?

562 24 37
By MammaMiiaa

"Hold on...

...just a little longer.."
☀︎︎

» Raeanna's PoV «

» | October tenth | «

A chilly October day.

Definitely chilly.

The amount of work that has been pressured on me to complete this whole assignment task... fuck me.

Tick. Tock.

"It has to be submitted in an hour, Rae-rae, you gotta hurry up with it." Flora gushed out, walking over to my desk.

I sat on the desk, trying to sort out the end of my assignment. With Flora rushing me and my head about to fall off, I was on the verge of tears... again.

Three years ago, I chose Aviation management for university. And now? I regret it... sometimes.

Flora plopped down beside me, trying to rush me, again. I wasn't getting anywhere.

"Okay, you look like you're about to start sobbing. Let's just take a break and... yeah, chill!" She smiles, pulling me up from the seat. "You said this is your last assignment before you drop out. Why are you stressing about it so much?"

Oh.

Right.

Drop out.

Well, you see. Three years of aviation management can make your mind up, more than four years of piled work. I had gotten in contact with my city's local airport and managed to get a job at the check-in desk, which I start at as soon as I get back.

Part of me wanting to do this course always dreamt of being a flight attendant. Sooner or later, I just stuck with ground staff... moving back was a harder decision before any of this.

"I can practically hear how loud your thoughts are; a penny for your thoughts?" She mumbles beside me after sitting me down on the bed.

I let out a deep exhale before pushing myself back to lay down. "I haven't been home in three years, Flora. I've had Arlo, Lucas, Grace, and Daniel come and visit me while I've been here, but not once have I been home."

She nods before jumping up and running over to the closet. I frown, sitting up on my elbows as I watch her rummage through my clothes, wondering what she's looking for.

I was surprised to see her pull out a pearly, white dress that ended just above my knee and had a plunging neckline which allowed just the right amount of skin to show. I tried on the dress once before and thinking back to it, the dress was the dress. This dress was the perfect fit for my middle-sized figure. My curves were highlighted by the fit.

"What are you doing, babe?"

Cutting me off, she threw the dress over at me. "Tonight is your last night here; we're going out"

I shake my head, pushing the dress off me as I completely sit back up, looking over at the woman in front of me - she has got to be kidding me.

"I have a lecture in an hour! Plus, I have to study, Lora. It's not even one in the afternoon!" I pick myself up, but she still manages to sit me back down on the bed.

"You have a lecture at one-thirty, so you better pick your ass up, get down to that lecture, get back up here, and then we're going to rock the end of this evening till we are out COLD. Okay, baby?" She sends me a wink before going back to rummage through her dresses.

I roll my eyes at her. Can't a woman just chill? I've got too much work on my hands to even care anymore. The decision to drop out only took three years into me getting a degree, but stupid ole' me decided to just fuck up my life and end this shit.

For once, I'm going with what I want to do and go back home.

Three years away from Sutherland, I miss my home. My family. My friends.

Grace has been here so many times, my apartment is literally hers. Lucas and Arlo, my two worlds, I miss them more than I've missed anyone else. It's strange to move so far away from your only family. Moving to a whole different city just to make new friends. I had days where I'd cry... just cry for them. I had days where I was glad to get away from the chaos.

The chaos caused by one person.

People may call me dramatic? People may call me scared?

Nine hours away from home is what I call scared.

I told myself, day after day, "you're chasing your dream!" and "you're making your dream come true!"

Who can blame a girl for chasing her dream, but still feeling like it just wasn't right?

Not her dream, but it was where she was.

I knew I could transfer, but there was absolutely nowhere close to go. The only university close was actually nine hours away from home.

You'd laugh at how pathetic I thought I was when I sat in the apartment looking up reasons to go back home.

I know, I know. It took me three years to make up my mind. I had Arlo on the phone every night telling me it would be okay, but was it? Was it okay?

I shake the sudden thoughts off me as I pick up my bag, also picking up my folder. I take a look over at Flora who's still rummaging through clothes. "I'm leaving Flo, I have twenty minutes to get there; it usually takes twenty-five minutes and I want to get coffee.." I snort a laugh, making my way to the door.

"Kay! Love you! Walk safe!" She shouts, still deep in the closet.

Typical Flora.

Shutting the door after me, I put my keys in the bag before taking myself over to the stairs where Louise popped out. "Afternoon, sunshine!" She smiles before linking her arm with mine.

"Hi, buttercup." I look over at her as we make our way down the flight of stairs. "Last lecture today I've heard?" A little sigh at the end of her words saddens me. As much as I miss home and want to be home, I will miss the friends I've made here.

"Sadly, yes. You have to visit sometime, you and Lo." I lean over and kiss her cheek. "Stop with this sloppy shit, I'm mad at you." She rolls her eyes at me while we walk down the corridor towards our lecture building.

"I love you, you have every social media of mine woman, I'm only two hours away from your hometown, we will see each other when you're back home. Don't be too sad, precious."

She nudges the side of my boob before I let out a groan as I rub the side of it. "Fuck you bitch, that hurt like shit. My tits are sore as it is!" I roll my eyes as I step foot up the small steps at the entrance of the building.

"Shut it, you're the bitch for leaving me." She pouts as we continue down the corridor of the building.

"Stop it, I'm literally only a FaceTime call away or a message away. Girl, I'm not leaving you. You know I love you and never would." I snuggle back into her arm as we both link them together again.

As much as she's a bitch to me, I'm going to miss bossing her around like she did me this first year of joining Cherryville university.

"We're one minute late, hurry your ass up so we
don't miss any more of these lectures" she mutters
before pulling me faster, deeper into the hallway
before we finally got to our lecture.

"Hopefully I don't get a personal lecture from Ambrose, I can't be bothered with the shit she's going to go over with me." I quietly laughed as I sat down on the seat.

I hear Louise giggle as I grab my laptop out of my bag. "Yup..she's definitely going to give you the talk after this two hour lecture, she's already giving you the eyes." She kept giggling while also pulling out her notes along with her laptop.

I looked down towards where my tutor was sitting to see her eyeing me like Louise said. Ohhhhh a long two hours this will be.

Fuck you, Ambrose.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"It's not acceptable to be dropping out when you only have one more year to complete it! This is unacceptable Raeanna. I cannot believe this!" I mimicked Ambrose's words from the second lecture I had gotten today.

I heard Jenson and Flora snort laughing to themselves from where they were sitting on the couch.

Bitches.

"Stop laughing! She made a cunt out of me in front of four kids that I haven't even met before and they looked at me like I killed my mother and threw her in the river. Like. Come on, you guys!"

But the laughing just kept getting louder.

"Alright! Alright, we're sorry. But that shit is funny, like, who does she think she is to say that to you? I mean, come on, I thought she hated you? Even if she did or didn't? Wouldn't she be excited that you're dropping out!?" She frowns, sitting up as they both look over at me.

"Lo's got a point Ry, but, let's just...calm it with everything and have a nice time out tonight because you have a long journey back tomorrow and I just want to have a good night with you guys before you leave us forever and ever." He dramatically slurs, already two bottles in.

I had to wait three hours for these two to get back to the apartment, and for them to get back already heated in alcohol...is kinda rude they didn't even invite me.

Apparently this party starts at seven thirty so we have exactly an hour to get ready and get out the house. As the two of them said, just have a nice last night in Cherryville and then a nine hour plane journey tomorrow.

I need a drink.

Flora had gotten my dress out and ironed it along with hers while I was in my lecture this afternoon, so technically all I need to do is get changed and out...so that's exactly what I did.

I looked at myself in the mirror, examining the way it hugged my lower stomach but not too much as the flow of the dress only covered the short length of my thighs.

And for once. I looked good.

I matched the white dress with a pair of plain white heels, not too high but not too small. Perfect match if you ask me.

I grabbed my phone and made my way back into the living room where the two of them were waiting for me. "Wit' woo' you look gorgeous!" Lo jumped up and made her way over to me. "Give us a swirl!" She beams while grinning.

I let out a giggle before twirling around and smiling at them. "If I wasn't gay, I'd totally fuck." Jenson sends me a smirk before bursting into laughter.

"I don't know if I should ask..." I shake my head before looking over at Lo. "You ready?" She just stands there with a huge grin on her face. In her words: yes. Yes I'm fucking ready to get flat out drunk.

It was only a short walk over to the house where Aubrey lives, her parties are the biggest on campus...well, on and off campus since she lives a few minutes away. She'd have Christmas parties, halloween parties? Freaking thanksgiving parties...all year round.

It's her words of saying just come and have fun.

Aubrey is a sweetheart, she's always been welcoming and warming to every one of us. Especially our little friend group. You'd class her as someone you can rely on for anything. Whether it be only to use her phone or to have her hop a flight to Amsterdam because you forgot your phone in the airport.

Yuuuuuuuuuup, that's Aubrey for you. That's why we all love her. I mean, who wouldn't. Today was the party of the year tho, which I had forgotten about but I knew it was her birthday.

Aubrey turned twenty three.

Of course I got her a present, just didn't expect a party. Since last year we had a small get together weekend break in the mountains, it was so beautiful just seven of us away from classes.

Which was my surprise so, catch me being the travel guide in any way, shape or form...I got you.

Walking towards the front yard where people were already half throwing up and half getting carried around by their friends.

Parties are yucky when it comes to alcohol. I know, I know, I might be bored because I don't drink but it's not all about alcohol to have fun.

The intoxicating smell of tequila hits my nostrils as they flare up at the smell. Jesus who knew it was so strong. "Ryry, babe, you coming?" Lo pulls me out of the pit I was in, not even knowing that I had stopped walking at the bottom of the yard.

I took a deep breath before nodding and making my way closer to the both of them. "It stinks.." I sniffle before both of them roll their eyes. "The fact that you come to parties without drinking makes me question your existence?" Jenson mutters while walking up the steps to the house.

I shake my head, walking up the steps behind him along with Lo. "Just because I don't drink, doesn't mean I don't know how to have a good time, Jenson!" I shout slightly over the music that was blaring through our ears as soon as we entered the house.

"Rae! Angel face! You made it!" I hear a loud shout to the right of us. I look over to see Aubrey running over to us with a wide smile across her face.

"Hi baby, happy birthday!" My smile widens as she plunges herself onto me for a hug. "Thank you angel! I'm so glad you guys came, I was wondering when you'd show up." She giggles, obviously intoxicated as well.

"We're here, but I'm only here for a while because I've got a flight to catch in the morning." I explain, walking deeper into the crowd with her, arms linked together as I feel Lo and Jenson right behind us.

We walked over to the table in the corner so I could put her present down in the side. "You spoil me too much, I'm going to miss my side chick." she continues to shout over the music, keeping her arm linked with mine.

"You live in the street beside me, you'll be back to visit so, shush." I raise my brow at her as she thinks to herself.

"Oh...oh yeah!" She squeals.

Typical.

Oh yeah, Aubrey and I met the first year of university and then we found out she lives in the same hometown as me.

Small world right?

"You're a pain, you know?" I giggle before she takes me over to the bar. "Drinks, drinks, drinks!" She continues to squeal as the crowd in the kitchen bar starts to cheer her on.

Oh lord.

"Whatchu want baby'?" I hear a deep voice ask me. I look over in the direction of the voice before smiling.

"Just a coke Connor, please!"

He nods with a petite smile before passing me the plastic cup. "Not drinking again?" He asks.

I chuckle and nod. "Do I ever?" Sending him a smirk, I took a sip of the coke before walking over to where Lo, Jenson and Aubrey were dancing.

"Look who's back, back again!" Lo beams as she dances her way over to me. I chuckle and sway my hips along with her, keeping hold of my drink before taking another sip. "Make sure you don't spill anything on that dress, god, why did I make you wear white!" She sighs to herself before shaking her head.

I roll my eyes and grab her hand before pulling her closer to me. "Shut up and dance with me, woman."

She giggles before nodding, dancing deeper into the dance floor crowd. "Get it! Get it!" Jenson squeals while dancing with Aubrey.

I laugh, wiggling my ass, mimicking what Lo was doing beside me before pausing as I feel my breath cut out.

I could feel eyes burning deep into my back.

I panicked and looked at Lo but she was too in depth with her dancing and drinking.

I look a turn slightly trying to figure out those burning eyes at the back of me but I couldn't see anyone.

Not until I looked back over where Connor was standing alongside a couple boys. I frown, looking at every one of the boys, except for one, who was burning his eyes towards me.

Oh my god.

Him.

☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 25.5K 18
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...
725K 75K 28
ููŠ ูˆุณุท ุฏู‡ู„ูŠุฒ ู…ุนุชู… ูŠูˆู„ุฏ ุดุฎุตู‹ุง ู‚ุงุชู… ู‚ูˆูŠ ุฌุจุงุฑู‹ ุจุงุฑุฏ ูŠูˆุฌุฏ ุจุฏุงุฎู„ ู‚ู„ุจู‡ู ุดุฑุงุฑุฉูู‹ ู…ูู†ูŠุฑุฉ ู‡ู„ ุณุชุตุจุญ ุงู„ุดุฑุงุฑุฉ ู†ุงุฑู‹ุง ุชุญุฑู‚ ุงู„ุฌู…ูŠุน ุฃู… ุณุชุจุฑุฏ ูˆุชู†ุทูุฆ ู…ุงุฐุง ู„ูˆ ุชู„ูˆู† ุงู„ุฃ...
1.8M 107K 41
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.2M 203K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...