The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

Da AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... Altro

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 4: Fooooood

51 4 2
Da AbraxosKit48

FRIARRIDGE:
Third person -

Larkin and Azima awoke after a peaceful sleep to the sound of popping bacon. The two girls shot up out of bed and rushed to get dressed and race to the kitchen, where Zim's father was cooking. It was the day before they had to leave for the academy and the pair had a load of things they wished to do before they had to leave.

"How'd you kiddos sleep?" Bruce asked watching Lark rub sleep from her tired ice blue eyes.

"Greaaaat... except the wind made the big oak tree outside my window bang into the window!" Zim whines and yawns, flashing her slightly crooked teeth.

Lark giggles quietly to herself remembering last night when Zim whimpered and grabbed onto Lark waking her up. Zim is practically fearless except she doesn't like windy nights because of the spooky oak tree outside her bedroom window. However on the other hand Lark loved the wind it covered up the moaning that usually came from downstairs when she was at Abe's house.

"Breakfast is served madams." Bruce bowed with a flourish as he waved his hands at the food. "Bon appetite." The two starving teenagers tucked into the delicious breakfast. They loved these mornings when they spent time together and just chatted making jokes and eating Bruce's amazing cooking.

"What's first on the list?" Zim glances at Lark questioning before facing her food again.

Lark continues eating before replying. "Let's go shopping? We haven't been in a while plus there's a few extra things I need and so do you." Lark smiles at Zim trying to read her face.

Zim's eyes light up at the prospect of shopping. "It's a plan." She exclaims before looking up realising how loud she spoke in the quiet kitchen. Unlike the typical rich family, Zim's family have never had servants, maids or waiters. They loved to do things together or for themselves, ever since Lark's known them they always did stuff for them self they are kind people who don't abuse their power or money. That is mainly why she respects them but they also treat her like family. Abe on the other hand is constantly abusing his power which doesn't even belong to him, the respect and money that he abuses was from Lark's adoptive mother. Lark never understood why she stayed, yes, Abe clearly loved her but abused everyone around him. He is a cruel man with no mercy or moral which was the exact opposite of Sara, she was kind and graceful always willing to help others.

Quickly the two girls finished their hearty meal and headed to Zim's room to change. Before reaching her room however Zim went and asked her mother if she wished to join. When Lark and Zim were small their mothers used to take them shopping together they often turned it into a girls day out. They were some of Larks happiest memories of her adoptive mother. Although she knew she was adopted she called Sara, Mum, but never called Abe dad but rather just Abe. Sara was a kind hearted soul who always looked for the best in people, and always was willing to help. When she passed away the whole town was affected but mainly Lark, she never had siblings and Abe wasn't much of a father figure.

o-o

Zim's mother, Mindy, agreed to go shopping with the girls so the three headed out. Lark had some money she had saved from over the years but Mindy wouldn't allow her to use it instead she bought Larks stuff for her and told her to save up for when she finishes at the academy so she can move out away from Abe.

"I'm hungry!" Zim complained after a short while of shopping. As if in agreement Larks stomach started gurgling too.

"I'll take that as you're hungry too Lark," Mindy smiled waving her hand for the girls to follow.

Lark smiled sheepishly, "A bit yea..." she followed along until they came to a small cozy cafe, they decided because it was such a gorgeous afternoon they wanted to sit outside in the sun. The waiter came over and relentlessly flirted with Zim - although both Lark and Mindy were right there - before asking for their order. Lark ordered a BLT sandwich with water, Zim ordered a bowl of wedges and Mindy got a salad wrap. The three women sat in comfortable silence basking in the warm afternoon sun, looking up at the sky they watched dragons of all shapes and sizes fly past. It wasn't unusual to see dragons fly past however it was unusual to find dragons fly past in such large numbers. Groups of 10 to 20 dragons flew by, too far up to be of any harm but not low enough to clearly watch.

The waiter came back out with their meals before winking at Zim and leaving. Lark never understood why no guys flirted with her, Zim was gorgeous and Lark knew this but she was never jealous just a little sad. Her flame red hair stood out in the crowd it was unique and natural. Together the 3 sat in silence just enjoying their food and their last day together.

"Come on more shopping to do!" Mindy hopped up full of excitement after they had all finished eating and payed for their meals.  Zim and Lark followed pointing out funny clothes in store windows and cute guys and girls. Mindy joined in sometimes pointing out people who were watching either one of the girls, making them blush. The day flew by at the speed of light, Mindy, Zim and Lark each pushing their own cart full of stuff.

Lark as per usual didn't wish to spend much but when it came to shopping with the Gregoravich's that never happened. The money spent went to struggling families or owners of small businesses. The three women always preferred shopping at small stores as they were usually the families that needed money and had better quality and more unique items. Zim bought a few sets of training clothes and boots to take to the academy as well as some books and other small momentos, Lark additionally bought clothes; from formal shirts to training tops, leggings and jeans. Lark and Zim both being bookworms purchased a handful of books each as according to Harley the academy had a library where you could take books but also there was a small town nearby where you could buy things or have goods delivered from nearby villages.

Mindy is a generous lady, she adores gift giving and seeing others smile. Lark, although she's had a tough life after her mother passed, she still smiled and lived life to the fullest despite living with Abe. This filled Mindy's heart with love, she loved Lark like a daughter. During their shopping spree today Mindy had bought both girls a small going away gift, arriving home she presented a small box to each girl.

"Girls, I'm going to miss you both so much." Mindy's eyes grew moist with tears and they trailed down her cheeks, always the affectionate one. Zim eyed to two boxes before gently taking the box offered to her, Lark followed suit.

Both opened their small boxes and peered inside. Sat among soft velvet was a bracelet, a dragon wrapped around to make a circle. Lark and Zim had matching bracelets, however Lark's was gold and Zim's was bronze.

"Thank-you, Ma! It reminds me of you sorta... not really." Zim's eyes travelled from her bracelet to her mother's face, she rushes over and squeezes her mum. Lark just stood there silently nearly crying while looking at her bracelet wrapped around her delicate wrist.

"Oh... Honey... don't you like it? We can swap it for another one." Mindy quietly goes over to wear Lark stands looking at the floor. She scoops Lark into a hug squeezing her gently.

A soft sob comes from Lark before she responds. "I-I Love it... i-it j-just reminds me of mum. She'll n-never see my d-dragon..." Lark softly sobs into Mindy's shoulder, Mindy pats her shoulder and rubs her back making soothing motions.

"It's alright Honey, you're mum would be so proud of you." Mindy murmurs into Lark's ear. Zim stands silently to the side watching the transfer, she's not a particularly jealous person but seeing her mum comfort Lark does send a spike of jealousy through her. However she pushes it aside, her best friend is more important than jealousy and disdain. Her and Lark are like sisters, their mum's were also like sisters.

Lark pulls away from the embrace. "Thanks, I don't know what came over me." Lark isn't someone who shows vulnerability, she always says 'vulnerability in-front of others can come to stab you in the back but when you are safe in the arms of someone you trust let your emotions be free to travel like a dragon.' Zim only then understood what she meant, enemies can use your weaknesses against you but the ones you trust will always help you.

"Also, I forgot to mention this bracelet is awesome." Lark quickly squeezes Mindy again before stepping back. Her hair glows in the bright sunlight appearing like a flickering flame, the trick of the light was impressive but showed off Lark's fiery personality perfectly.

o-o

"Hurry! No time to waste. Only a 10 hours and 48 minutes and twenty...three seconds until we get to leave for the academy!" Zim rushes to her bedroom without another word. Shaking her head Lark follows the eager black haired beauty to her room. Lark flops onto the plush bed as Zim races through the door from her bathroom.

A grunt rises from Lark who is sprawled out on the bed. "Come onnnnn!!! We need to finish packing." An over excited Zim races around the room collecting and packing her new stuff from today. Lark the ever lazy potato stays laying on the bed, even from the extra encouragement from Zim she refuses to move.

"Too comfy, no move." Lark grunts with her face pressed against the bed. Zim had managed to pack all her stuff in record time before neatly folding all of Lark's new outfits onto the bed. Sitting up Lark realised that Zim was already finished packing her stuff.

"Bro, how was that humanly possible to have packed all your stuff completely already... like wot." Lark glances around the room frazzled. She can't imagine how long doing those few things would've taken. Zim shrugs continuing to pack Lark's stuff, wrapping all the breakable in her clothes before stuffing them into the trunk of Larks gear.

o-o

A short time later both girls were packed and had eaten dinner, again Bruce - Zim's father - had cooked an amazing meal. As per usual Lark guessed what was being served and got it almost spot on except for the potatoes, she completely missed their scent.

Both girls curled up in Zim's bed with books, they read until they fell asleep reading which was always their favourite thing to do. To get lost in a book is like escaping reality.

The curtain was left slightly open that night allowing the moonlight to poke through, shining on Lark's peacefully sleeping face.

o-o

Zim and Lark woke the next morning to the sun glaring angrily at them through the window, realising only then that they'd left the curtain open a bit. Zim being the early bird of the two got up and stretched quickly to loosen her muscles. She got changed into leggings, an oversized cute floral shirt and a warm hoodie, her favourite runners and tied her hair back. Lark stretched and rolled over pushing her face into the covers.

"Get up, Lark, we are going to the academy today!" Zim's sing song voice pushed through the pillows covering Lark's ears.

"5 more minutes..." Lark groaned at the prospect of having to get up.

"Now..." Zim whined trying to steal the pillows but failing miserably. Lark had always been a lot stronger then she looked. Lark released the pillows from her iron grip causing a whining Zim to stumble into the wall.

Lark sat up and glared at Zim pulling the blanket up to her chin trying to fight off the cold morning air. Failing she got up and raced to her pile of clothes they each left out the night before and changed into the extra pile. The outfit was simple; plain black short sleeved tee, stretchy leather pants, army boots and a warm wool jacket with a hood. She nestled into the jacket protecting herself from the frigid air.

A knock at the door spooked Zim making her jump.

"Are you girls up?" Mindy called from outside Zim's closed door, Zim being overly energetic flung the door open frightening Mindy. "We are up and dressed aren't we lark." Lark grunted before flopping back on the bed. Mindy chuckled because Lark's mother used to do that all the time, Lark must've learned it off her.

"Breakfast, we have to leave in 30 to be at the town square." Mindy nodded before walking away towards the kitchen.

Zim dragged a protesting Lark to the kitchen for breakfast. A hiss came from Lark when she moved into the bright lights. Giggling Zim pushed her into a seat and took the one next to her.

"Ok Vampy, stop hissing." Zim chuckled and relaxed in her chair. Lark just scowled but opened her eyes to see a bowl of porridge being placed in front of her, she smiled politely and picked her spoon up.

Zim chattered away about the academy and how excited she was. "Will we share a room? Oh I hope we do!" Zim squealed, "Will your dragon be a fire dragon or a water one? Maybe a earth dragon! Any is cool." She kept going, Bruce, Mindy and Lark all sat watching the black haired girl spit out questions upon questions but never leaving room to answer any.

After the quick meal the four of them headed to the town's square with Lark and Zim's belongings. The 2 riders and their dragons from the choosing ceremony were already there waiting, from the otherside of the area Kalan and Thalium were walking over.

"Enjoy girls, don't get into to much trouble." Bruce hugged both girls tightly, he was always very quiet, observing the surroundings. Lark and Zim gave him a hug before turning to Mindy.

"We'll miss you, have fun ok? Be yourselves, okay? Promise me." Mindy held one of Lark's and Zim's hands. Both girls nodded trying not to cry.

"Love you Mum." Zim hugged her mum, only letting go as they needed to leave.

"You're mum would be proud of you Larkin." Mindy smiled at Lark tearfully.

"Always, she is with us whether we know it or not." Lark hugged Mindy before pulling away.

"I'll write!" Zim calls over her shoulder as the pair walk towards the riders  arm in arm. Zim smiled at everyone with a friendly smile and Lark yawns. Lark's yawn either receives a laugh, smile or yawn in return.

"Let's go, Lark, Zim you're with me tie your stuff down here." Harley gets right to the point and points to a spot on her dragon's saddle where they can tie on their trunks. Both do as they're told and wait for the boys to attach their stuff to the other dragon's saddle.

It's not that heavy... lucky, it's a long flight. A voice grumbles quietly making Lark jump. She swings around to see who spoke but no-one's there, instead she just shrugs it off.

Everyone mounts the two dragons quickly, as they're about to take off gunshots are fired from the side of the crowd...

o-o

Who fired the guns?? Was it only one person or multiple?
Comment!
      Brax Xx

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.4M 35.6K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...
1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...
48.8K 2.4K 28
There is a secret that hasn't been told to her. There is a part of her that she has no idea existed. Who she is, is not something that she had expect...
7.7M 352K 65
For years angel academy has taught students of all races and ability's, angels, werewolves, vampires, dragon riders, you name it. The school was cre...