Our Secrets

Bởi Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 26 - A List of Questions
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 34 - Defending and Training
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower
Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Chapter 13 - December the 26th

1.6K 65 10
Bởi Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 13 — December the 26th

"--you Americans say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Christmas!"

════════════════════════════════

"Do you have to leave??"

Even if the two only bonded over the few hours remaining of the gala last night, Shroud was already reluctant to let his new sister go home for the holidays.

They were 5 hours behind Gotham Time, Hogwarts being 1am and Gotham being 6am. Why was Shroud still awake that morning? Well, he had overheard from Malfoy's conversation in their common room that Y/n was leaving that morning, so he stayed up and snuck out to see her.

"Well, I did promise my family that I'd be returning today, Shroud." Y/n replied.

"Can't you take me with you?"

"You haven't gotten permission have you?"

"No, but I'm pretty sure I can fit in one of your bags."

"... Shroud, go back to your common room. I'll see you again at the end of break, okay? Oh, and I know I forgot to mention, but Happy Christmas."

"Fine. You better find me first thing though when you get back! Happy Christmas!" and Shroud ran off back to his common room, hoping that he wouldn't get caught.

════════════════

Bruce waited patiently for her daughter to return home, pacing around in his office in the early mornings of December 26th. None of the Wayne family wanted to celebrate Christmas without her, so they decided to move their Christmas to this day.

Recalling the letter he had received earlier, Y/n would be walking through his office fireplace at any minute now. He had made sure to lock the door, close the window curtains, and look for any cameras just in case. He was feeling a nervous excitement in seeing his daughter for the first time in months.

Bruce had barely gotten to know her before she had left for school, only taking her to some theatres and musicals around Gotham. But by now, he felt like he had known her since her birth. Over the months, they had been sharing letters with one another, or rather, an enchanted notebook to interact with one another.

Oaklyn had came flying into his office one day, carrying a brown parcel and a letter addressed to him. Inside contained a letter explaining what the notebooks in the parcel were. A magical communication of sorts. Write something, and it disappears into the twin notebook. Then the other can respond, both never having to worry about anyone else reading their messages because they erased themselves right after.

However, this was only for the last page, the rest of the notebook could be used for exactly that, a notebook. Now, Bruce had received more than one because Y/n had wanted to give one to each of her brothers after she told them her secret. But Bruce knew it wouldn't be soon, so he hid them away.

Conversations with Bruce and Y/n through the notebook were always interesting for Bruce. He had learnt about her school, what subjects she enjoyed, what some of her friends were like. They both learnt each other's personalities and bonded over magic. Bruce was curious and Y/n was willing to tell him what she knew.

Sometimes, Bruce talked to Y/n while he was at work in Wayne Tower. Business meetings were just awfully boring sometimes, or the day was just going by too slow for Bruce. While it may have seemed like he was taking notes in his silver coloured notebook, engraved in cursive Bruce Wayne at the bottom, he was actually chatting with his daughter, who was probably bored during class as well.

He had to stop himself from laughing out loud sometimes from Y/n's humour. Who her date was to the gala- What her date was to the gala.

He had also learnt about Y/n's love for magical creatures. Bruce had never learnt about so many magical creatures before, he was sure that Y/n could recite a whole encyclopedia about magical creatures. But even then she replied, 

the world is big, and so many things are living in it. There has to be something undiscovered yet, living in their own magical world. Isn't it fascinating? 

We all live different lives, different worlds, but we all live on the same planet. There's so much that we don't know, but that's the beauty of our planet, and I love how unpredicting life can be.

 Sometimes for the good, sometimes bad, but things change, and to know that something is changing because someone or something decided to do it... now that's amazing. 

Different minds, different lifes, different worlds, but the same home.

Bruce loved reading Y/n's input on different things. It was refreshing. Sometimes very helpful. He had subtly written to her about a crime going down in Gotham and her thoughts about it. It turns out her thoughts were right on point, and no more further deaths occured.

Bruce held his breath as a green fire appeared at his fireplace. Stepping out of the flames was his (h/c) haired girl. Y/n.

"Mr.-

"Just Bruce remember?" 

".. M-.. B-Bruce! Hi! How was your Christmas?"

Bruce smiled as he gave Y/n a hug after she set down her bags on the floor. "Actually, we haven't celebrated yet. We were waiting for you."

Y/n let out a wide smile in disbelief before shaking her head, "You guys didn't have too..."

The two walked silently down the halls to her room, Bruce carrying her bags after insisting, allowing her to hold her owl Oaklyn. She told him that he was going to introduce the boys who haven't seen Oaklyn yet to the owl. Taking a step by step introduction to the magical world. First step, an owl who can deliver way better than the muggle post office.

"You know, I've been researching all the magical stuff that happens here in America too. Some that I already learnt from before but, did you know that muggles are called No-Maj here? Short for No Magic I assume. Oh! And I finally noticed that you Americans say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Christmas! I think your way of saying it sounds more fun. Merry Christmas. Meerrrryyyyyyy Christmas. And-"

Bruce smiled, the silence and awkwardness broken after Y/n had made the attempt to start a conversation. It was one thing chatting to each other through messages, and another through oral communication. It was different, and Bruce definitely liked this way better than scribbling down with his pen.

Hopefully, he'd get more time this holiday with his family.

════════════════

"Y/N!"

Damian went running down the halls as soon as he saw the familiar (hair coloured) girl walking to the living room. She turned around and was immediately tackled in a hug.

"D-Damian! I missed you too but- c-can't b-breath!"

Damian let go just as quickly, worried that he accidentally hurt her. When she only smiled back at him and reassured him that she was fine, he smiled again before grabbing her hand and running with her to his own room.

"Wait! Where are we going!?"

"We have to catch up don't we? Plus, I knew you first, so it's only right that I get to spend time with you first."

"But couldn't we spend time all together as a family?"

"Not right now Ukht. Later, but not right now."

"Alright then."

But later came much more quickly than Damian thought. While he wasn't looking. Tim stole Y/n away from him to draw out his ideas that he couldn't exactly envision, but he knew exactly how to describe it. Like he expected, Y/n was able to draw out his idea, and even added on to his idea on how to make it better. But Y/n couldn't help but see that it kind of resembled a bat. Why was that?

As soon as Damian realized his sister was gone, he checked in with Drake, only to find out that Y/n was taken from him as well to their eldest, Dick Grayson.

He had wanted to play outside in the snow with her, and after getting properly dressed, they went out in their large backyard. Starting off with a snowman which Dick dedicated to Batman, they gave the Batman Snowman his Batman cowl, a cape, some coal buttons, a carrot nose, two twigs for arms, and Y/n wanted Batman to be happy this christmas, so she arranged the small pebbles into a smile on the face of the snowman.

As they finished the snowman, Dick was attacked, being hit with the cold powder straight to the back of his head, which went down his neck. Yelping in surprise, he ran around as he tried to get the cold out as Y/n and another laughed, revealing themselves from behind the tree they were hiding behind.

It was Jason, and although he never really usually returned for the holidays, he decided to come back for Y/n, just to spend time with her. The two shared a bond (that Damian didn't like) after Jason took her out for a ride on his bike. He found that his new younger sibling was enjoyable to be around, and quite funny too.

Jason was hit back by another snowball by Dick, and a snowball war occured. Y/n was hiding behind a snow bank as a snowball flew over her head. Laughing, she threw a snowball aimlessly, which had hit Damian, who had came out with Tim to find her.

The brothers freezed as Y/n only smiled and laughed, "Oops! Sorry Damian!"

To their surprise their brother returned the smile and playfully said, "You're gonna pay for that Y/n!" and threw a snowball at her.

From inside, Bruce and Alfred were watching the chaos occur, smiles on their faces.

════════════════

The gifts that Y/n received really made Y/n feel bad about the gifts she had gotten for her family. Some that she knew must have been expensive, but although she had grown up rich, she never really spent her riches, being taught by her grandparents to not become spoiled.

But, she pushed the feeling aside and hoped they would like her gift. She couldn't exactly give her siblings a magical gift just yet without explanation. Not yet. Although Dick and Jason had finally met Oaklyn, teaching her family how to call her, promising that Oaklyn wouldn't get tired from long flights (with the help of Zooky!).

So, she got as creative as she could get, getting help with her magic but making sure it looked muggle. Y/n made a snow globe of the Wayne Manor for Bruce with a lot of detail, making it seem more Christmas-like and happy.

For Tim a blue mug with the Ravenclaw Crest on it. However, instead of the name "Ravenclaw" at the bottom it said "Tim". On the other side it said, "Intelligence starts with a cup of coffee... or more."

For Jason Y/n really wanted to get him a broomstick, but alas, she couldn't. So, she got him a levitating Golden Snitch using electromagnets to make it levitate and a base with colour changing LED lights. It wasn't a real Golden Snitch, Jason wouldn't know what that was. Y/n would just tell him for now that it was based on her imagination, was branching out on ideas on what to get him, and created... whatever it was. She decided to leave it nameless, letting Jason name the fake Golden Snitch creation.

For Dick a stuffed animal Hippogriff, not that he would know what it was. He would probably think it was a Griffin since muggles somehow knew about those, but Griffins and Hippogriffs were completely different creatures.

For Alfred a small silver time turner on a silver chain. Of course, the time turner was fake and there wasn't any sand. Instead it was a clock with hands, pointing to the time.

And for Damian, the first brother Y/n ever bonded with. Her first friend in Gotham. She truly didn't know what to get him. What to even make for him. She pondered over his while creating her other gifts in the process for her friends and family. Finally, she decided on a gift, hiding the magic within.

Y/n had made Damian a compass. Engraved on the inside when opened was a small message, "I'm not gone. Not really. You're just not looking."

The compass was normal at the moment, however, with Y/n's wand, she could cast a simple spell to make other arrows appear. Each arrow had the first 3 letters of everyone in the family, and would point in the direction of where they were. However, only family members would be able to see it, and only Y/n knew the charm that she had created to activate it.

════════════════

The brothers, Alfred and Bruce were happy with their gifts, surprised with the uniqueness. Although some seemed simple and others more advanced, they could tell Y/n put a lot of time and effort into making those. What did she learn at her school? They could only imagine.

Finally, their Christmas day ended with a family movie night. Bruce had gotten someone else to patrol Gotham for the night. Almost everyone had fallen asleep by the end of the movie. Tim had been the first, followed by Y/n and Damian.

Surprisingly, Dick stayed awake, but that was because he wanted to carry his siblings back to bed. So he took Damian, Jason took Tim, and Bruce carried Y/n back to their bedrooms.

As Bruce tucked Y/n into her bed, her eyes fluttered open, seeing him and relaxed as Bruce ran a hand through her hair. "Merry Christmas Dad."

The 26th of December was now officially one of Bruce's favourite days.

Hello my friends, looking wonderful today, like always.

I had such a hard time figuring out what Y/n should have gotten for her family, I'm definitely not figuring out what she got for her friends. What do you think she might have made/gotten for them?

Okay, can I just say AwesomeQuizzed (from Quotevis amazing. I love their comments. Comments are amazing.

Signed,
Skyalent 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

256 4 12
Magic is different for everyone. Some can cast spells without using words or even need a wand, but there are a few who can do both. And no one can co...
12.6K 186 22
This is disgusting, I hate myself...but go ahead read it. I'm Madison Mikaelson, daughter of Kol and Davina Mikaelson. I'm a siphoner or was. Everyth...
1.1K 49 10
DISCONTINUED "Hi, Do you mind if I sit here? if it's not full ---. Oh! Hey Ron." Ron looked at Harry if he was okay, Harry nodded. " Hey Y/n. Sure, c...