empty handed - goldric onesho...

By existingiswhat

cover is by me i don't update a lot just so u know :D i haven't seen a lot of stuff w them and i lov them so... More

by chance
establ-ish-ted oneshot
future
rahn day voo
the grom episode
literally just date fluff
stakeout but gay at the end
goldric week
goldric week day 2 - winter
goldric week day 4 - cuddles and kissing
exhaustion /READ TW
exhaustion ended. /still tw
doodle dump /not a chapter

goldric week day 3 - jealousy, jealousy

1.3K 31 29
By existingiswhat

Hunter was having a hard time believing what was happening with that Blight boy. In the past month or so, Edric had been stopping by more often. Sometimes even staying the night. Those nights always left Hunter with a pounding in his chest that he couldn't sleep through. 

Hours of longing looks, getting caught staring, and finding Edric looking at his lips were almost too much to take. 

Hunter didn't exactly know what to categorize these feelings as, or who to talk to about them. Maybe it was the same as Luz and Amity? That was possible, he supposed. 

He shook the thoughts out of his head as he readied his bag to go into town. Eda had sent him out to pick a few things up for the house, since Luz was at school and Eda was training.

"Hey Eda, you needed elixirs, gryphon eggs, and any deals from the board you said?" Hunter asked, reading off the list from his scroll.

Eda turned to him, wings flicking with her movements. "Yep, you got it kid. Here, in case you get suspicious of any company," she said, flinging a cloth mask at him. Rascal caught it mid air, plopping it onto Hunter's head as the bird nestled into his neck.

Hunter smiled, chuckling lowly. "I think I'll make it, it's just the main road. But thank you, Eda. Good luck with your uh... harpy mode thing!" Hunter finished, pulling on his boots.

Eda and Hunter shouted a unison of their classic "Byeeeee!", as Hunter closed the door behind him.

"DON'T BE OUT TOO LONG HOOT HOOT, WOULDN'T WANNA MISS OUR TEEEEA PARTYYYY," Hooty squawked, wiggling in a flirtatious fashion, obviously not actually flirting with Hunter, coming out of the door.

Hunter chuckled. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, Hoot. Keep Eda safe, alright?" He said lowly to the bird, scratching under his chin. Quiet hoots and purrs came from the demon as he stepped away.

Hunter and Hooty didn't seem like the most likely pair, but Hooty apparently has a knack for breaking down the wall's of ex-Emperor's Coven heads.

As Hunter made his way through town, he was reminded of how happy and free he had been since leaving. Actually being able to feel the air of the Isles on his skin could never compare to the light breeze he used to feel over his uniform.

He stopped by an eyes scream shoppe to grab something to nibble on while he attended his errands, stopping in his tracks before he got any closer.

He saw sea foam blue hair bristling with the wind, sitting next to a head of shorter dark brown hair. He heard laughing underneath the sounds of the town, and he felt his chest get heavy.

He immediately recognized it as Edric, how could he not let's be honest, sitting with another boy his age. The boy had a pronounced nose, slimmer head shape with a lanky figure. He seemed to be in the abominations and plant track based on his uniform.

Hunter backed away, not wanting to be caught staring. The thought of having to talk to them right now sounded less appealing than wearing a tanktop to the Knee. 

He spun on his heels, electing to take a different route to get his grocery list. He felt this odd pang of bitterness in his throat, feeling nauseas at the thought of Edric being with somebody else.

That was stupid, right? He wasn't even seeing Edric, so feeling this way about the other person there was completely illogical, right?

He didn't know how to answer his own questions as he stomped through the stone paths of Bonesborough.

***

When Hunter got home, sack full of bottles, eggs, and spare pieces of paper, he still couldn't manage to shake the gross feeling he had had earlier.

"HOOT HOOT, HIYA HUNTY," Hooty exclaimed at his presence. Even in his sour mood, Hunter could never bring himself to be mad at or mean to Hooty. His intentions were always pure.

"Hey, Hoot. Mind if we have our tea party tomorrow? Being in town kind of threw my mood," Hunter sighed.

Hooty's face fell a bit. "Sure thing, Hunty-Hunt. DO NOT FLAKE ON ME AGAIN," He shouted, unhinging his demon mouth to consume the boy. Hunter put his hands up defensively before petting Hooty's face.

"I will not, thanks for letting me in." Hunter noticed the emptiness of the living room, assuming Eda went to her own bedroom, Luz maybe still at school.

Hunter placed the elixir bottles down on the kitchen table, loading the gryphon eggs into the fridge, and laying the bounty papers down on the apple blood table.

With an exhausted sigh, he trudged up the stairs of the Owl House, making his way to his room to see his palisman.

Rascal chirped at his arrival, fluttering up to land on his shoulder. "Hiya there, buddy," Hunter said fondly, taking a seat on his pile of pillows. 

He sighed. "I discovered yet another emotion today. Time to add it to the list," he said playfully, scratching the underside of the bird's chin. Rascal tilted their head to the side in curiosity, to which Hunter shrugged. 

"I suppose I had more feelings for the Blight boy than I thought. Seeing him with this other guy made me sick. I had to walk away to prevent myself from vomiting on them." Rascal nudged Hunter's hand in understanding. They chirped in response.

"Jealous? Isn't that a bad thing? I must be terrible to be around, how could a witch get that possessive over someone else like that??" Hunter groaned, a knot filling his stomach and lump forming in his throat. The thought of being possessive and controlling like that over Edric made him want to drown in his blankets.

Rascal chirped, flying over next to Hunter's face. He buried his head into his pillows, feeling stupid and toxic for thinking this way.

"The next time he comes over, I should apologize." Hunter said firmly. He made a pact to himself to never make anyone else feel the way the coven made him feel. The way Belos made him feel. He would be holding himself to that.

Rascal sighed, as much as a bird can, and settled into the boy's neck. Hunter closed his eyes solemnly, hoping to get some napping in before dinner. 

Naturally, as it tended to happen in this house, his attempts at peace were interrupted.

A loud rapping of the wood on his door pulled him out of his thoughts. "Hunter!" He could hear Luz, muffled from the other side. "It's Blight time in like an hour!" 

That made his chest sink. Begrudgingly, he stood up to open the door to find Luz standing on her tiptoes. 

"Hiya Hunter, you okay?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. Hunter sighed, for what felt like the hundredth time that day, and nodded.

"Yeah, town wore me out. You said about an hour?" He asked, changing the subject. Luz nodded excitedly. 

"It might even be a sleepover, since it's not a school night! Oh, I'm so READY to get my Blight on! Amity and I are so close to finishing our last chapter of The Good Witch Azura: A Fallen Foe, that it hurts!" She groaned, flopping against the wall.

Hunter chuckled, leaning on the doorframe. "Well then I'm glad they're finally coming over! Writer's gotta write." He shrugged, making Luz giggle.

"Alrighty then, well I'm gonna head down and get the living room set up for everyone. I'm guessing Edric is sleeping up hereee?" Luz asked teasingly. Hunter averted her eyes. 

Her grin faltered. "I was just kidding, everything okay?" she asked. Hunter nodded again. "You're good, and um, I don't know for tonight, we'll see." He said shortly, heading back into his room to cower again.

Luz furrowed her brows to herself, shrugging softly as she shut the door. 

***

"I think my entire Pennstagram is gonna become a hate account for you two," Amity groaned, flattening out her hair as her siblings snickered behind her. 

"Aw, c'mon Mittens, can't handle a little illusion prank?" Emira teased, knocking on the front door of the Owl House.

"Tsk tsk. You've changed, dear sister." Edric added, feigning disappointment. Amity rolled her eyes as Hooty unhinged to allow the kids in.

"Knockie knockie! We've got visitooooors!" Hooty dragged out, shutting himself behind them.

"Amity!" Luz exclaimed as she tackled her girlfriend in a hug. "Ugh. We NEED to finish our fanfiction tonight! I can't write it without youuu," Luz whined, shaking Amity's shoulders. 

Amity blushed, giggling at Luz's antics. "Okay, okay, I'm sold. Ed, Em? You okay if Luz steals me tonight?" She asked.

They nodded simultaneously, Emira putting up a finger. "Actually, I was merely a chaperone. I will not be staying. I can't get a break from these lovebirds anywhere I go," she sighed. Edric rolled his eyes. 

"What she means is, Viney wants to ride Puddles around and Emira is a complete simp, but chose to lie to everyone's face," Edric chimed in, making Emira go red. 

"I will put a dissolving potion in your shampoo. Do not test me." She threatened at him, Edric chuckling as she opened the door.

"Oh well, fly safe and do NOT let the gryphon smell your hair. Learned that one the hard way." Eda shuddered, pulling her hair closer to herself.

Emira nodded with an odd smile. "I'll... keep that in mind. Thanks for housing my siblings. Say hi to Hunter for me! Bye, Luz." Emira finished, heading out.

Edric laughed as Amity rolled her eyes, following Luz to her room. "Hey Eda, is Hunter in his room?" Edric asked, taking off his boots. Eda nodded, setting down her glass.

"Yep, he's in a bit of a mood though, fair warning. I think something in the town threw him off." Eda said, taking a seat on the couch. 

Edric nodded, thanking her as he headed upstairs.

Edric knocked politely on the scratched door, standing on his heels as he anxiously awaited seeing his crush. Edric had been into Hunter since day one, not really being sure of how intense his feelings were until recently. The past few weeks to a month had been quite the clarifying amount of time for the Blight, and soon he was hoping to do something about it. Jerbo, earlier today, had told Edric to "just go for it!". He mentally scoffed at his friend's ever so helpful words, but appreciated the sentiment nonetheless. 

Edric heard careful footsteps approach the door, eventually pulling it open to reveal Hunter; who looked less than excited to see him.

Ed cocked his head to the side. "Everything okay Goldie?" He asked, Hunter averting his eyes. Hunter jaggedly grabbed his wrist, yanking him into the room before closing the door and taking a seat on his makeshift bed. Edric stood awkwardly, having no idea how to react to such a situation. 

"So," Edric started, taking a seat a few feet away from Hunter. "What happened earlier? Eda said you've been 'in a mood' ", Edric asked, doing his best impression of the Owl Lady. 

Hunter flinched, having already been nervous to talk to Edric about his dumb thoughts earlier. 

He sighed, shoulders dropping as he decided to just get it over with. "I saw you and your friend in town today," he started, looking up at Edric. Edric felt a sting of anxiety spread to his chest. 

Oh no. Hunter thought him and Jerbo were together. 

So much for 'going for it', Edric thought bitterly to himself.

Edric scrambled his words out. "It was not what it looked like. Jerbo used to have a thing for me when we were basically infants, but we're best friends now and there's nothing going on like that between-" Edric was cut off by Hunter sighing frustratedly. He dreadfully awaited the next words.

"No no no! It's not like that! You can see whoever you... want, I just..." Hunter stumbled on himself, hating the way those words sounded. "I wanted to say, I'm sorry-" 

Edric blinked. "What?" He asked, louder than he meant to. 

Hunter's ears flattened. 

"When I saw you guys, I had this... thought," he started nervously. "And it wasn't a nice one. I almost felt... sick? Seeing you two together? Rascal said it was 'jealousy', but I've barely heard of that word, and I just wanted to say, I never want to make you feel like my feelings control your life like that and I'm really sorry Edric-" No one was allowed to finish their sentences apparently, as Edric shushed Hunter completely with a large, awkward embrace.

Hunter held his hands out next to Edric's back. "...Ed?" He asked quietly. 

Edric pulled back with a toothy smile. "Sorry, I uh, I was just really relieved for a sec. Now time to talk; you didn't do... anything wrong?" Edric said, fidgeting with his fingers. 

Hunter blinked, tilting his head to the side.

Oh my Titan Titan Titan Titan thatwassofuckingcute-

Edric cleared his throat. 

"What I mean is, Hunter, you had a normal emotion. You didn't march up to us and start something, you didn't cut me off, and you didn't even act on it really. You literally just apologized for having a feeling. That's breaking rule number 3." Edric finished, reminding Hunter of their list of rules from when they first started being friends.

Hunter was completely baffled. "But, but we're not even together! It doesn't make sense for me to get, jealous, over someone I'm not dating!!" Hunter exclaimed.

Edric did not think of the next words that came out of his dumb mouth. 

"We could be."

Hunter's eyes widened, a dark blush making its way to his face. 

"What?" 

"HAHA WHAT??" Edric laughed, significantly louder than Hunter.

"I, uh," Hunter shuffled, suddenly feeling very shy of himself. "That is a thing. That. Could happen..." Hunter barely let out, averting Edric's eyes completely.

Edric thought he screwed this up, but he couldn't be sure. "I agree..." He said, still in a daze from FUCKING SAYING THAT-

Hunter looked up at him, kind of smiling, kind of frowning, but with very large pupils. It made Edric's heart skip a beat.

"Want? You? Do you, oh farts," Hunter scrambled, somehow taking on Eda's weird lingo.

"Uh," Edric said, feeling his face heat up at Hunter's flustered nature. "Dating? Dating me time?" He asked, scolding himself for being so eloquent as he pointed to himself.

Hunter held back a laugh, pulling his hand to his mouth. Hunter stared at him, bringing his hand up to show Edric his palm. "Be the fruit to my roll up?" He said, flipping his hand down to mock a limp wrist. 

Edric fell over, he couldn't even figure out what the analogy was but he didn't care. 

"Yes, y, oh my god Hunter," He couldn't stop laughing, Hunter eventually following suit and flopping onto Edric's side.

As both of their laughing died out, Edric sat up and looked at Hunter cautiously. Hunter almost looked drunk with content, eyes half lidded and a goofy smile spreading over his lips.

Edric placed his hands on Hunter's shoulders, pulling him close. Both of their faces (and Hunter's ears but that's not the point) flushed, one of Edric's hands moving to the back of Hunter's head. Ed pulled Hunter's neck to his chest, holding onto his boy very awkwardly.

Hunter felt a fluttering sensation spread across his core at the feeling of Edric's warm arms holding onto him, and despite himself, melted into the touch.

Edric's heart soared at the little hum noise Hunter made, holding onto his back tighter than earlier. Hunter leaned his head up to press a chaste kiss to Edric's ear, the cartilage and skin flapping in response. They both chuckled, Edric laughing in embarrassment, and then just held onto each other for a bit. 

Hunter felt stupid for ever thinking this boy was gonna leave him. Edric even remembered the rules! Hunter almost forgot the rules, he broke one of them today! But any worries he had earlier about the two of them not getting to be around each other in the same way flew out the window, the only important thing now being the soft skin holding him close like he was something special. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 204 12
This is Part 2 of Call This Number Now, and the last book in this series. In order for anything in this to make sense, please go read part 1. :))))))...
16.6K 394 10
One day Luz, your friend starts showing up again around Gravesfield, but she's not alone, all of a sudden she has a girlfriend and 3 friends. One of...
21.1K 709 20
Life on the Boiling Isles is tough by default. Between the acid rain, demons and monsters running around, and magic, it's hectic. For anybody. But, e...
13.2K 453 11
Cover made by me! Originally posted by me on ao3