Of Sun and Shadows ~ Darkling...

Av lilianareine933

"๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ผ๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“พ๐“ท. ๐“—๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ, ๐“ผ๐“ธ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๏ฟฝ... Mer

A/N (MUST READ)
๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ฉ๐”ฌ๐”ค๐”ฒ๐”ข
๐”ฆ
๐”ฆ๐”ฆ
๐”ฆ๐”ฆ๐”ฆ
๐”ฆ๐”ณ
THANK YOU!
๐”ณ๐”ฆ

๐”ณ

776 39 4
Av lilianareine933

"ₕₑ ₕₐₛ ₛₑᵣᵥₑd cₒᵤₙₜₗₑₛₛ ₖᵢₙgₛ, fₐₖₑd cₒᵤₙₜₗₑₛₛ dₑₐₜₕₛ, bᵢdₑd ₕᵢₛ ₜᵢₘₑ wₐᵢₜᵢₙg fₒᵣ yₒᵤ" 

₋ ₛₕₐdₒw ₐₙd Bₒₙₑ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The past couple of weeks have been... boring, to say the least.

Day after day has been filled with private lessons about the land and culture here, and grisha-kind. I have yet to have been formally introduced to many people yet, seeing as General Kirigan informed me he wanted to keep my existence "quiet" for the time being.

I was in a lesson with him now, currently learning about the Shadow Fold, or Unsea, or whatever it is called. Truthfully, I haven't paying much attention. I was just desperate to go out and do something. My ADHD was of no help in this situation.

I wonder if there was a way to contact Will, or at least someone in camp. I'd rather get home sooner than later. It would be better than sitting in this boring-

"Are you even paying attention?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the Generals voice.

"Yes...." I trailed on.

He gave me a stern look, taking none of my nonsense.

"No...." I admitted.

General Kirigan let out an exasperated sigh. "How many times have I told you that as long as you stay here, you would need to learn the history of this place?"

Stupid history. Doesn't he know that it's hard for me to pay attention?

Wait, he doesn't.

"I've been stuck in here for days!" I countered. "I've just about memorized your room. I need fresh air, fresh oxygen! I can already feel the brain cells I'm losing from the lack of!"

He placed his hand to his forehead as if trying to relieve a headache, one I most probably did cause. He sank into a cushioned, dark oak chair next to his fancy-shmancy map.

Silence encased the room for a few seconds before he answered. "Fine. I'll take you out to Botkin, let you be his problem for a while."

I stood up swiftly and let out a high-pitched squeal. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I calmed myself down a bit before asking, "Wait, who's Botkin?"

"He's the one that teaches grisha how to fight without their powers. I'll escort you to him now."

With that, we were on our way out.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Time skip *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

We had arrived at the training grounds quite rapidly. I had no doubt it was because General Kirigan wanted to get rid of my constant nagging.

Many people in red and blue keftas filled the grounds, many of their eyes on me and their famous General by my side. I guess not a lot of people get too close to him.

Although I'm a bit nervous to have so many eyes on me, I remember to keep my head held high and put on an air of confidence around me. 

General Kirigan approached and old Asian looking man. "Botkin, may I introduce Soleil Castellanos, who is temporarily staying in the Little Palace. I thought I should introduce her to you and show her how things are done around here."

Who I now knew as Botkin gave a small bow. "As you wish, moi soverennyi."

General Kirigan turned and started walking away, back to his chamber of broodiness.

Botkin turned to look me in his eyes, his accent coming through as he spoke to me. "You shall observe, and if you wish you can spar."

I gave a slight nod before he turned away and headed to some of his other students.

"Hello there."

I turn to see three girls adorning blue coats behind me.

"Um, hi."

They didn't seem fazed by my lack of enthusiasm.

The shortest woman spoke. "I'm Nadia, and this is Marie and Alina. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"And to you to, I suppose."

There was a brief moment of awkward silence before, I think Marie, spoke again.

"You probably haven't met us, but we've seen you. Quite an introduction you made a few weeks ago."

I took time to study each of there faces when I landed on a specific one. The girl with the only golden embroidery on her kefta, which I would no doubt ask General Kirigan about later.

"You."

It was the girl I had held a blade to.

"Yes?" she replied awkwardly.

"I am so sorry for doing that. You see, it had kinda been a rough day, and I didn't know where I was or who any of you were. Although, that gives me no right to hold a sword to your throat, even though I kinda had to..." I took a short breath. "I'm rambling, aren't I?"

The three of them giggled at my last statement.

Alina looked at me with a small smile. "All is forgiven. I had a rough start the first time I was here, too."

I released a small sigh, relieved that they didn't hate me.

"My name is Soleil, it's a pleasure to actually meet you."

Marie is the one who spoke this time. "And to you. Would you like us to show you around the grounds?"

"Would I ever!"

We started walking around, carefully examining the matches already taking place. Their skills are quite impressive, but I can tell the grisha favor their science over hand-to-hand combat. I myself am better with a bow, but I believe I could take one of them on without too much damage.

As we walked, Marie and Nadia pointed out a few people, giving me their names and what they do.

"And that girl right there is Zoya, one of the Darkling's most prized, that was until she used the science against Alina."

"Knocked Alina right off her feet she did, but got in a load of trouble. She's a squaller with attitude," Nadia added.

As if sensing us gossiping about her, the dark haired etherealki turned around and looked at us with a glare.

"Why, if it isn't General Kirigan's new pet."

She slowly walked over to us, her entourage consisting of another summoner and a heartrender. 

I could tell she wanted to be a pebble in my shoe, so why not release some of my tension while she's at it.

"Well, at least I'm not his dog. Oh, but I guess the same can't be said about you."

I'm sorry Will, but it's not my fault she woke up and chose violence.

I could see Zoya start to fume. "Let's see how that tongue of yours holds out in a fight."

At this time, Botkin had walked up to see what the commotion was all about. 

Turning, I faced his way and asked, "May I?"

  He looked me up and down, studying me to see if I might stand a chance. "I've been training Zoya since she was ten. She is one of my best fighters. Can you fight?"

I smirked and gave a shrug. "I'd like to say I'm decent."

He studied me a bit more before nodding and leading us to a ring. To say I was excited was an understatement. I took off the blue kefta I've been wearing recently and gave it to Marie. She gave me a strange look. "I'd like to have as little restriction as possible," I told her.

I stepped in the ring to an awaiting Zoya.

"You know the rules. The first one unable to fight loses. No serious injuries. And no powers."

Botkin specifically looked at Zoya as she scowled. I lightly traced my ear cuff. As long as she doesn't use any powers, I won't use weapons.

"On my mark."

We both got into position, hands up in a fighting position.

"Go!"

She attacked first, heading straight towards me. She swung left and I parried, grabbing her fist and turning it to an excruciating angle. 

She let out a scream and I kicked her back. She was quick to recover and came back at me again, only I met her with as much force this time. 

Punches were thrown left and right from both sides. I tried to remain nimble and flexible, keep the fight like a dance. Albeit a very painful one. Zoya had managed to hit my stomach, leaving me distracted from the pain for a quick second before she punched my face and flipped me over her back and onto the hard ground.

She stood above me, hand at my throat and the other grabbing one of my hands. She let out a smirk, thinking she was victorious. But I only returned it.

Using my free hand, I grabbed a handful of dust and dirt and threw it up into her face leaving her temporarily blinded.

I kneed her stomach and flipped her over face down into the dirt. I grabbed both her arms, holding them behind her back and used my knees to pin down her legs.

"Enough!" cried Botkin.

I loosened my grip on her and pulled myself off the ground, Zoya not far behind.

I gave her a final look. "The moment you become prideful is the moment you lose the battle."

With that, I turned and walked out of the ring to my new friends.

"That. Was. Amazing! No one has ever been able to beat Zoya before."

"Thanks. It's been a few weeks since I've been able to practice, and I had a lot of fun."

Nadia and Marie looked at me in more awe. "I can't wait to see you fight at your full capability."

I winced at the thought. "I'd rather you not."

While many grisha eyes were now on me, I sensed another pair far from here. I looked up at the distant Little Palace, my eyes catching on a certain window with a curtain falling back into place.

I could only guess who was there.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A/N - Surprise! I'm back baby!

I underestimated how much work school would give me, and I go down on my knees to beg you for forgiveness! And also to ask for your forgiveness on the short fight scene I just wrote, cause it was not good.

I have spent many hours on this chapter (writing, researching, etc.), and I don't feel like editing it. If you find any mistakes, please comment or message me directly and I'll try to get back to you ASAP! 

On another note, I'll try updating my other fanfiction next week.

Have a great spooky season!

~LiliRei

Fortsรคtt lรคs

Du kommer ocksรฅ att gilla

14.5K 699 40
A year after Alina Starkov tears down the Shadow Fold, she is finally able to settle into her peaceful life. There is no more war with Ravka. The Dar...
23.1K 827 32
She spent three years as the student of Kylo Ren. Three years until she's finally given the chance to prove her worth to the First Order. After a bot...
8.4K 307 33
(AU) Luke is gone. Kylo Ren is the new Supreme Leader. The Resistance is all but decimated. Now, all responsibility falls on Rey to balance the Force...
675 47 42
Celia Diggory was always seen in her brother's shadow, she knew nothing better than that. After losing her only family, Celia struggled to find herse...