The Body Guard

By ariella0610

"Let me tell you something, William." I say as I watch his tall figure lean over me, with my body pressed int... More

Introductory
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
Epilouge
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 18

2.3K 41 3
By ariella0610

Liam

I have my arms folded as I wait for her father, my boss, to finish his meeting with the Monet's. The French mafia.

Gino stands next to me.

Soon enough her father comes back out and motions us to follow him out of the house.

Once we get back to the cars, I drive back.

We pull up to the gravel and I lock the car and escort him back inside. He then dismissed me and I made my way to Genesis's room.

When I knock once, there's nothing.

"Gen?" I say as I knock again.

I slowly press down on the door handle and it opens.

My eyes scan the room but she's no where. Then my eyes land on her bed. There's a suit case with clothes that were shoved inside, with the flap still open.

Then I hear fumbling in her closet.

I slowly take my gun out, that was tucked between the back of my pants.

I hold it up and push the closet door open with my boot.

I see her. With tears streaming down her face and  her clothes in a huge pile.

"Jesus, Gen. You scared me." I say as I put my gun back, tucked behind my pants.

She doesn't look at me.

She wipes her tears quickly and grabs 4 pairs of shoes.

"Woah woah woah. What are you doing?" I say, jumping in-front of her.

"I'm packing." She mumbles.

"Yeah I see that.." I say, watching her stuff the life out of her suit case.

"Where are you taking a vacation too?" I say, folding my arms.

"Dominican Republic." She states.

"Interesting." I mumble. She begins going back and forth between her closet and her suit case on her bed.

I push her suit case back and sit where it was sitting.

When she comes back from her closet she looks annoyed.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I told you, I'm packing." She insists.

"Why? Why are you crying and why are you going to the Dominican Republic?" I ask.

"I can get a marriage break signed there, without having my fiancé present." She says.

I stand up.

"You can't do that." I say, looking more serious now.

"Why do you want me to do this so bad?" She asks.

"I don't, I really really don't. If it could be any other way I would it want to be. But I know these people. Carlos and his family will kill you if they find out you get a marriage break signed in the Dominican Republic alone." I emphasize.

"Then come with me." She says, as she walks up to me. Her scent hits me and I want to break.
She grabs hold of my shirt collar.

"Come with me and we can run. I know people that can get us hidden." She says.

She can't be serious.

"You can't be serious." I say.

She looks like she's about to burst.

She looks away for a second and looks back at me.

"He knows how my mother died." She says.

I furrow my brow.

"How-" I begin, before she cuts me off.

"I have to get out of here and leave. I can't look at him." She states.

"Genesis." I say.

She doesn't look at me and keeps shoving stuff in her suit case.

I see her making mental notes in her head. Checking off if she has everything.

"Genesis!" I whisper yell.
I grab her arm.

"Let go!" She says as she shoves me back with a good amount of force. I stumble a little.

"They will kill you!" I whisper yell.

"Well then I guess I'll just- just end up like my mother." She stumbles on her words. I see her trying hard not to break down.

"What... what did he say happened?" I ask.

She walks over to her window slowly before answering.

I come up behind her.

She points down to the drive way.

"An enemy of my father shot her in head right down there." She mumbles.

"An enemy of your father...?" I say nervously.

Please don't be the non morto cremisi.
Please-

"He didn't say which. He said bad people. That I shouldn't get caught up with." She says quietly.

"Are you going to talk to your father?" I ask.

"No." She says confidently. She takes a long sniff from refusing to cry."He didn't want me to know and he still doesn't. But I'm going to find out."

"I know your feeling so much pain right now but you can not go to the Dominican Republic." I bring back up.

"How am I supposed to marr-" she says.

She looks astonished all the sudden. Like she's realized the biggest thing ever.

"What?" I ask, looking into her deep chocolate eyes.

"I just realized. The marriage can be broken." She states.

"How?" I ask.

"My father or his father has to die.." she says blankly.

My eyes widen.
"No. No Genesis. Get that idea out of your head!" I whisper yell.

"Why not?!" She whisper yells back.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door.

I quickly and swiftly grab her suit case and shove in under her bed.

I slide my mask back up.

"Come in." I announce.

She folds her arms as her father enters.

"Il tuo Finace e la sua famiglia saranno qui a cena stasera." He says.
(Your Fiancé and his family will be attending here for dinner tonight.)

I glance over at Genesis and she scoffs.

I step infront of her and nod.

"I'll be sure she gets ready, sir." I say.

He nods.

"Oh and, I'm having the maids begin to move your things to your new house." He says.

She opens her mouth to protest or fight but I step in on the conversation again.

"She will make a list of things." I say.

I look back at her and she looks like she's ready to slaughter me.

"Very good." He says and he leaves.

"What the hell!" She exclaims.

"Listen. I know you don't want this and it sucks. But I would rather you be alive and living a life with a guy you don't like then being dead." I say as I shake her.

This woman will be the death of me. I love her though.

"Fine." She says, throwing her hands in the air.

"Now let's get you ready for this dinner thing." I say.

- Genesis -

One of the maids gave word to me that this was a fancy cocktail dinner. Of course.

Liam picks out a dress for me. He says it's his favorite.

Once I'm dressed I head down stairs. Liam's arm linked with mine.

When we get to the bottom of the stairs Carlos appears.

He takes my arm and gives Liam a glance.
A threatening one.

Liam rolls his eyes to himself and walks back into the shadows.

"A word?" Says Carlos.

"No." I mumble.

He exhales and glances around the room before dragging me into one of the hall way bathrooms.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask.

"What we spoke about earlier, you can't bring up." He says.

"Noted." I say.

I push past him and walk back to our dining hall.

It's a long chatted dinner after that. I barely spoke to them.

"Genesis choose such a lovely dress. Isn't it lovely?" Martina announces to the table.

I choke on my water and swallow it without coughing. Pure talent.

"Um. Yeah. I need to get..a refill." I say standing up.

I exchange glances with Carlos and he looks annoyed, watching me exit the room.

"I thought so. It fits her perfectly. You will be such a beautiful bride." Exclaims Martina.

I give a fake smile as I exit the room with my glass in hand. I drop it off at the kitchen and open a bunch of drawers until i see my flask filled with whiskey.

I grab it and head upstairs towards the balcony that has a rusty stair ladder that leads to the roof. I would sneak Alina up here when she visited.

I take my heels off and hold the straps of them in between my fingers while I take swigs at the flask.

How could it be possible that my father decided to hide all this from me. And how could it be possible that of all people Carlos knows a deep secret about my past that I don't.

I take another drink of the whiskey and rub my fingers through my long wavy hair. I spread my fingers while running it through my hair attempting to untangle the knots.

I hear climbing foot steps, followed by a grunt as a thump lands next to me.

I look over and see Liam sitting next to me.

"How the hell do you get up here." He asks, almost out of breath.

I smile.

"I mean, how do you fit in that tiny space from the balcony to that crappy stair ladder." He says as he adjusts his seating with a huff.

"Raw talent?" I say as I look at him with my head turned.

I look straight ahead at the sun setting. It's getting dark soon. I feel his gaze upon me.

"What are you doing out here?" He asks.

"Want some?" I say as I shove the flask into his chest.

"Can't. Im technically working." He says with a slight smile, that shows off his dimples.
"But, I will take this." He says as he unlocks the flask from my fingers.

I allow him to take it and he sighs.

"I don't want to go back in there." I say as I lay my head in his lap.

His smile fades a bit before he gently throws his hand down to my head and brushes out the hairs on my face. He pets my head.

"I don't blame you. I had a feeling you weren't actually getting a refill." He says.

I let out a breathy laugh.

"You know me so well." I say as I sit back up.

He looks at me and I have no reason to not look back at him.

I let his hand slither it's way behind my neck as he pulls me inches away from his face.

Then he's kissing me. Like he never has before. Like he will die if he never gets a taste.

He's breathing heavy now. And so am I.

"Genesis!" We hear, as Gino calls out from inside the house somewhere.

"Shit." I whisper.

We both jump back to reality and I shove him back. He chuckles as I fumble with putting my shoes back on.

I climb back down the stair ladder and back through the balcony.

"What? I'm here." I say as I find Gino looking about for me.

"They are uh- serving dessert." He says with his arms folded.

"Kay. Got it. Thanks." I mumble as I stumble through the kitchen and back towards the dining hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
18.8K 644 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
31.2K 677 34
๐„๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ญ ๐ƒ๐ž ๐‹๐ฎ๐œ๐š 25 years old, a billionaire and Mafia Don. Everyone fears, admires and respects him. ๐’๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐š ๐•๐š๐ฌ๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ฌ 20 yea...
6.2K 83 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...