Feed The Flame - [Shoto Todor...

By yikazz

"Even though my quirk has caused so much pain and destruction, I know I have what it takes to set things righ... More

π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛

π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑖π‘₯

104 5 0
By yikazz

☀︎︎1st person POV

"Get out of my way!"
"Come on, I've got to get to class."
Outside of our classroom door, all students across the support, business, and even the general students stood out class 1-A's door. Most likely because we were the ones who made it out of the villain attack at the USJ.

Bakugo started to walk through the crowd but was stopped by one of the general students, "The sports festival is tomorrow. Seems like they may transfer some out, and transfer some in." He spoke.
The class was confused, yet scared.

Bakugo continued to scoff his way through the crowd, ignoring the complaints from the other students. Kirishima commented on how manly he was, following his footsteps.

I tried making my way through the crowd, glaring at those who were trying to taunt me. There's a reason I am in that hero course, and it's because I am, as much as I hate to say this, better than them.

We won't know what events we're participating in till the day of.
I had to keep training.
I had to win.

☀︎︎

"I wish we got to wear our costumes.." Mina sighed as we all were in the break room, as a class. I sat at a table with Momo and Jiro, discussing what possible events we could have to do.

Iida came bursting through the door, "Everyone, are you ready? We will be entering soon!"

Before anyone could say anything, Todoroki approached Midoriya. I wasn't sure if they realised the whole class had their eyes on them.
"Todoroki? What is it?" Midoriya sounded so innocent.
"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." Todoroki said. How could he be so blunt?
Midoriya looked so confused, yet intimidated as he nodded in agreement.
Todoroki continued, "But... All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?"
This grabbed even more attention from the class. I exchanged a glance with Momo.
"But I'm going to beat you." Todoroki was even more blunt than before. He turned around, walking away from Midoriya.
Midoriya looked shocked, "Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me."
Todoroki stopped in his tracks and turned around.
"But of course, you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people.. I can't afford to fall behind... I'll be going for it with everything I have too." Midoriya declared.
Todoroki glared at him, with that same cold stare he gave me.

The festival was about to start, I had to quickly skull a bunch of water. We weren't allowed to wear our hero costumes, so I didn't have any spare water on me. I looked a bit bloated, and I felt sick. But when I start to use my quirk, it should go away.

"The UA Sport Festival is about to begin! Are you ready?!" Pro hero Present Mic shouted into the loudspeaker. "Hero course, Class 1-A!"

First, Class 1-A was called to enter the arena. This would be the first time a pro would even see me. I appeared confident, not looking at anyone else but my destination.

Eventually, Class 1-B through to K were announced. Pro hero Midnight stood on the stage... Talk about R rated, "Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugo from Class 1-A!" She announced.

Why Bakugo? If anything I would have expected Iida or Midoriya to have a task like that.

My worry grew as Bakugo approached the mic. Just as I thought, my suspicions were right as Bakugo declared he would win the sport festival.
Our whole class instinctively knew he would do that.

Midnight then announced the first event, the obstacle race.
Standing near the front of the gate, I readied my quirk, ignoring how sick I felt from all the water I drank.

"Start!" Midnight exclaimed.
I started to run, producing low temperature flames behind me to propel me faster.

I suddenly felt cold, I quickly activated my quirk surrounding my body just in time. Covered in flames, I escaped the ice, created by no other than Todoroki.

He slid across the ice, I managed to stay almost in line with him. I increased the temperature of the flames on my feet, melting the ice.

I noticed behind us were some of our classmates, including Bakugo, Kirishima, Momo, and Aoyama. The others found it challenging having to break through Todoroki's ice.

Soon enough, I approached the first barrier.
"So this is what they used in the general entrance exam?" I heard Todoroki mumble.

He was right, it did look like what some of my classmates had described to me.
I quickly ducked and increased the temperature of my fire to melt the metal of the robot, which turned out successful.
The robot collapsed, I continued making my way to the next barrier.

"Class 1-A, (L/N)!" Present Mic announced. I couldn't help but smile slightly.
Todoroki was still ahead of me, I hoped to pass him.

"It's the fall!" Present Mic screamed, almost making me wince. Ahead was a cliff, but instead of a ledge it had many circular landing points connected by rope.
This really is too easy.

I propelled myself, jumping across each platform, burning the rope in the process. I felt bad, but I had to win.

Todoroki had made it to the red staircase before I could. Bakugo was inching up behind me.

They still hadn't announced how many people would make it through, I couldn't risk anything.
"Oh shit." I accidentally said aloud as I approached 'The Minefield'. My flames would set the mines off, I grew weary.

Bakugo noticed my hesitation, and flew ahead of me and Todoroki with his explosions. I had to go, I used a stream of low temperature flames to hoist me in the air.

Right in front of me, Bakugo and Todoroki started to fight. I couldn't make out what they were saying, all I heard was Present Mic and Bakugo yelling.

They pushed and pulled each other, I saw an opportunity. I knew I had to land at some point, Bakugo's head looked like a good target.
Using that split second to regain energy, I propelled myself yet again, ignoring Bakugo's threats to kill me.

"What's this?! (L/N) in Class 1-A is now in the lead!" By the end of this, Present Mic would probably cause me some major ear damage. The finish line was dead ahead, I was so close.

Hearing a major explosion behind me, I thought Bakugo had finally shaken off Todoroki. But when a shadow came overhead, I realised I was wrong.

I used all the energy I could muster to get ahead. Todoroki came behind me in a.. cold pursuit. I wasn't paying attention to Midoriya, he took the piece of metal he was taking flight on and slammed it on the mine. How could I have been so stupid.
Midoriya had gotten first?!

Second place wasn't what I wanted. I don't feel satisfied.
Present Mic screamed, "We will announce the results later! Good job everyone!"

Midoriya had gotten first, then me. Surprisingly, I had beaten Todoroki and Bakugo, who had gotten third and fourth place. I smiled to myself.

☀︎︎

The cavalry battle did somewhat intimidate me knowing the fact that quite a few people would end up targeting me. I ended up being quite fortunate to not become first, as Midoriya now carried the baggage of ten million points.

"Now you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!" Midnight announced.
I scanned around, groups of students were approaching me. I didn't have ten million points, but I had two-hundred and five. Scrambling for a team, I went to Kirishima to ask for help.

"Hey, so-"
He cut me off, "(L/N)! Please let me join you! I'll be a horse that never wavers!"
I was taken a shock to his proposition, even though I was about to ask him myself. Nodding in approval, we went to find another two teammates.
In the end, we partnered up with Momo and Kaminari.

Of course, we decided Midoriya would be our last target. Instead of facing them head on, we could circle around the back and take his headband that way. But our first target would be those going for Midoriya.

Midnight announced our start, and we took our plan into action. I sat on top of Kirishima's shoulders.
I grabbed Hagakure's, and two people from the other class' headbands. I wasn't bothered to do the math.

At around the halfway point, we figured to focus more on defense.
"Watch out! Todoroki is gonna freeze us!" Kirishima yelled. I got my quirk ready just in time, "Guys this may feel a bit hot, but don't worry."
I circled a ring of fire around my team, saving us from the trouble Todoroki caused.

He must have noticed we weren't immobilised, and instructed his team to head for us.
We still stuck on defense, I mostly blocked Todoroki's ice attacks.

"(Y/N)!" Momo caught my attention, "Midoriya's team!" I glanced around, eventually finding out they had broken free of the ice too. I was too busy fighting off Todoroki to be able to head to them without stopping my defense.

Kaminari activated his quirk, aiming it at Todoroki's team. It was enough to divert their attention as we headed for Midoriya.
We quickly decided I would appear to wind up for an attack, but have Kaminari shock them enough to lower their guard.
When he did, I grabbed Midoriya's headband. Which luckily was the ten million one.

Seeing we had thirty seconds left, our team stayed on defence.
Bakugo's team broke free right behind us, we kept running.

I grew nervous as the clock ticked down.
Bakugo had leapt off his team by using his explosions, and aimed to take the band from me. I prepared my flames, but Present Mic had announced the time was up.

Bakugo face planted on the floor, I almost laughed but my adrenaline rush kept me from laughing.
The four teams to advance were mine, Midoriya, Todoroki, and Bakugo's.

Present Mic announced we take a break before the next event. I was quite relieved considering how dehydrated I was.
"Hey, good job out there guys." I congratulated my team. They all chuckled, thanking me.

As soon as I was dismissed, I went to find my Dad. He told me he was able to make it. Considering the recent USJ attack, they would only let pro hero's in to view the sport festival live. But, thanks to his connections, Dad was able to make it.

"There she is...!" Dad waved to me from the other side of the hall. I wanted to run to him, but I didn't have the energy. He must have noticed as he handed me three water bottles.
I practically drowned myself in water before I was able to speak.

"Hey Dad." I looked up at him.
"(Y/N), I am beyond impressed with you. Honestly, I didn't think you'd make it past the first round!"
I was offended, I couldn't tell if he were joking or not.

"Oh, and," Dad continued, "there's someone I think you should meet."
Intrigued, I followed Dad down the hall until we reached his viewing box. He opened the door to reveal..
Endeavor?

No way, one of my role models came here? Maybe I could land an internship right here, right now!
"Enji, have you met my daughter (Y/N)?" Endeavor turned around at my Dad's words. My heart was racing in that moment. Was Dad really friends with Endeavor?

"She's your daughter?" He asked. He's referring to me.. I couldn't believe this.
Dad nodded, "Isn't she great?"

I grew embarrassed, I was a bit too scared to speak, "It's nice to meet you, Endeavor." I sounded so shy, I really wanted to punch myself in that moment.

"Your quirk," He started, "you're quite powerful for your age.. perhaps even more powerful than I was back then." He muttered the last fraction of his sentence loudly enough for me to hear.

My eyes widened at his compliment. Him and my Dad mostly chatted. I found out that him, my mother, and my dad hung out together back in high school. I couldn't say I wasn't shocked.

Endeavor spoke, "I better go speak to my son, I'm not too impressed with him..." He stood up from his chair and exited the room.

"Dad," I started. He looked at me.
"He has a son?" I questioned.
Dad nodded, "Isn't he in your class?"
"What? I don't think there's any..." Dad pointed out the window to where Endeavor stood with... Todoroki.
"Oh my god.." I said aloud.
Dad looked confused, "What's wrong? Not who you expected?"
"No... he hates me."

☀︎︎
Wrote: 6/10/21
Edited: 7/10/21
Word Count: 2145

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 395 41
‼️I do not own any of the MHA characters just the OC's and the plot‼️ ‼️AU‼️no quirks ‼️I do not own any of the art I put in the story‼️ Dabi x OC ⚠...
185K 2.9K 20
I'm thriving on Bakukiri right now, but I'll try to keep it diverse. -I'm open to suggestions. -There will be trigger warnings if needed! -I will NOT...
2.6K 229 8
reader x mha character Is it worth the read . . . You tell me . . . #ONGOING I will do requests for whatever you have in mind and i will try my bes...
78.7K 3.2K 35
I huge thanks to @Emonekochan26 for making the amazing cover! COMPLETED: MAY/29/20 Some triggering topics, and hints at sexual content! We all dream...