DustStars Decision

By Midmoonwolf

StarClan sends a cat to save the forest as they have no control over what will tear the forest apart,but now... More

Cats of Windclan
Cats of ShadowClan
Cats of RiverClan
Cats of ThunderClan
Prologue
Chapter One: The newest litter
Chapter Two: Tension
Chapter Four:Free or not..
Chapter five: New beginnings
Chapter Six: Beginning,again..
※Chapter Seven: Dismay※
※Chapter Eight: Cloudy Marshes※
※Chapter Nine: The Three※
Chapter Ten: Decisions...
Chapter Eleven: Blood Spill

Chapter Three: The rise of the leopard

4 0 0
By Midmoonwolf

DustPaw sniffed the air as he crouched down in the brambles and bushes,he smelt RoamingPaw,LeanFlower and LeopardYowl..DustPaw held himself back as he wanted to spring at LeopardYowl,he strained his ears and peered out the bushes a bit. He saw LeopardYowl rubbing against RoamingPaw and the apprentice purring,LeanFlower looked around in every direction yet couldn't spot nor smell DustPaw. "It's nice to see you again..Is your clan treating you fairly?" LeopardYowl warmly mewed,"Not at all..when they exiled you they've been very distant with me.." RoamingPaw admitted. LeopardYowl nodded and glared coldly at LeanFlower the back to RoamingPaw,"You can join me in ShadowClan any time my dear." LeopardYowl softly purred. "Not yet,SandStar is still closely watching RoamingPaw. SandStar will have my pelt off if she finds out about these meeting much less about RoamingPaw going to Shadowclan." LeanFlower warned,LeopardYowl gave her a cold hiss that silenced her. "She doesn't care about my darling as much as she cares for a mouse,I demand RoamingPaw to join me." LeopardYowl snarled. "I said no,unless you want me to rat you out then you'd better start to watch your tongue!" LeanFlower hisses back,DustPaw thought LeopardYowl would have LeanFlowers ears off but LeopardYowl dipped her head. "I better get going darling,thank you LeanFlower." LeopardYowl muttered and gave RoamingPaw a lick on the cheek,LeanFlower grunted and watched LeopardYowl stalk away into ShadowClans territory. DustPaw slipped back into the apprentice den quickly and settled himself into his nest,within seconds RoamingPaw slipped into the den right after him and laid down. It was already early dawn and DustPaw quietly padded outside the den to wait for SandProwl,after a few moments SandProwl slipped out of the Warriors den and padded up to DuskPaw. "Morning." SandProwl smiled,the two cats padded out the camp and trained until sun high.
Another moon passed and all was calm,far too calm for DuskPaws liking..But he forced himself to enjoy the day because it was the day for him and PeddlePaw to become full warriors. DustPaw and PeddlePaw sat together in the clearing while their mothers cleaned them,SandProwl chatted with the four cats. "Becoming warriors,aye? Maybe you two will finally confess your love." SandProwl joked,DustPaw and PeddlePaw chuckled and looked at each other awkwardly. "I've noticed you two have a special connection." DustHare nudged her son jokingly,DustPaw covered his face with growing embarrassment. "Stop mom!" DustPaw muttered with embarrassment,"When Will I have grand kits?" StormingLeap nudged PeddlePaw jokingly. "No mom,no." PeddlePaw covered her face with the same embarrassment,"I'm sure they'll have kits straight after becoming warriors!" SandProwl rolled onto the ground and gave a purr of amusement. "Stop!" DustPaw and PeddlePaw hissed at the same time,they looked at each other and laughed. "Go get something to eat for yourself and us." DustHare nudged DustPaw,DustPaw gave a dramatic sigh and padded off to the fresh kill pile. DustPaw returned with five large hares in his jaw,he placed one in front of every cat and laid down near PeddlePaw. "You've got a few more minutes until your warrior ceremony." DustHare gestured to the sun that was as high as ever in the sky. The five cats quickly ate and bounded off under high rock as soon as SandStar jumped upon the rock,the rest of the clan poured out their dens and gathered around with prideful eyes. DustPaws heart ached when he realized he and PeddlePaw had been celebrating with their mothers but RoamingPaw was left lonesome.."As you all know PeddlePaw,DustPaw and RoamingPaw will become warriors today." SandStar announced then looked to the darkening sky,"I, SandStar,leader of WindClan,call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." The three large apprentices stepped forward excitedly though RoamingPaw looked cold. SandStar looked down at PeddlePaw,"PeddlePaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" SandStar asked loudly. PeddlePaw held SandStars serious gaze and dipped her head,"I do." PeddlePaw replied pridefully. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. PeddlePaw,from this moment on you will be known as PeddleLeap. StarClan honors your Loyalty and swiftness and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." SandStar dipped her head with a smile. DustPaw gave PeddleLeap a lick on the shoulder as she padded towards StormingLeap. SandStar looked at RoamingPaw with a cold gaze but pushed her own feeling away,"I, SandStar,leader of WindClan,call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." RoamingPaw gazed into SandStars green gaze. "RoamingPaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" SandStar mumbled with untrusting eyes towards RoamingPaw. RoamingPaw thought for a moment and nodded,not saying a word. SandStar gave a sigh,"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. RoamingPaw,from this moment on you will be known as RoamingLeopard. StarClan honors your hunting skills and quietness and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." RoamingLeopards eyes widened when SandStar cursed her new warrior name with her mother's name..No cat objected but didn't congratulate her ether as she walked to QuietShade. SandStar looked at DustPaw and smiled,"DustPaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" DustPaw smiled and quickly dipped his head,"I do." SandStar smiled,"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. DustPaw,from this moment on you will be known as DustFern. StarClan honors your hunting skills and loyalty and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." DustFern dipped his head and pridefully padded towards PeddleLeap,SandProwl,DustHare and StormingLeap. "Clan dismissed." SandStar announced and leaped off high rock,she walked towards DustFern and PeddleLeap. "You are a great cat..You will help us in the rise of the leopard.." SandStar whispered to DustFern as she placed her head over his shoulder. DustFerns fur prickled,she couldn't know about his dreams..could she..? SandStar dipped her head and congratulated PeddleLeap,the two warriors watched their leader stalk cautiously to RoamingLeopard. When the moon rose to the sky DustFern,PeddleLeap and RoamingLeopard stood vigil and stood guard all night until dawn. The three cats tiredly trudged to the warriors den when SandStar excused them at early dawn,the cats found themselves nests within the warriors den along with their sleeping clan mates.
DustFern awoke to the sun light barely streaking into the warriors den,he looked around the warrior den and gave a soft smile when he saw PeddleLeap in a nest right by his hind paws giving soft snores. DustFern stretched each leg at turn and stepped out the den,jumping a bit when he touched a thick layer of snow on the ground. "Okay,wow." DustFern muttered in shock of the beautiful sight,he paced around the snow trying to figure out how to get anywhere with it on the ground. PeddleLeap appeared at his side and gave a soft laugh,"Just jump in it you mouse brain." DustFern gave a confused look and jumped into the thick sheet of snow-..Rather then going any where he sank in snow that reached the top of his stomach. PeddleLeap bursted out laughing but when she jumped into the snow she too sank.

The two young warriors hoped in the snow and snapped at the falling snow playfully,giggling and smiling. The rest of the warriors awoke along with SandStar,the cats laughed at DustFern and PebbleLeap as they jumped around in the blanket of white. "My,my how will we hunt?" DustHare asked though she smiled when she saw her son having a grand time with PebbleLeap. SandStar leaped into the snow and joined the warriors,"We will simply jump,we have enough fresh kill for a while though." SandStar gave a warm smile. The cats around the camp went off with their day as normal though having to trudge through the snow to get anywhere.
The next few moons were normal and calm,SandStar took the same cats to the gatherings and everything was normal-..Until everything changed..
SandStar signaled for PebbleLeap,DustFern,BreezeCall,RoamingLeopard,JuniperPaw,WindyLeap and StormingLeap to enter the four trees clearing. The cats walked into the gathering clearing,the cats waited and chattered amongst one another while they waited for PoppyStar and her clan to appear. After a little while ShadowClan cats did appear but not with PoppyStar..LeopardYowl lead the group of Shadowclan cats and jumped upon high rock. "The gathering will begin,I shall speak first." LeopardYowl quickly announced,all eyes were in her and all were confused. "PoppyStar has sadly passed to StarClan because of her age,ShadowClan wishes her to have a great path in StarClan with her loved ones. Because I was PoppyStars deputy while she lead ShadowClan I am now ShadowClans leader,LeopardStar is who I am now." LeopardStar announced loud and clear,muffled gasps came from all three clans but ShadowClan gave prideful grins. "I have one more thing to say.." LeopardStar turned and glared at SandStar,"Save it to the end." StreamStar snapped and stepped forward to speak. StreamStar spoke of new apprentices and the loss of a kit while HoneyStar stepped forward and spoke of dogs roaming around her borders but how apprentices chased them off without a scratch. SandStar stepped forward and spoke of how much snow gathered upon her territory,more than the other three clans. "Now,what did you want to say,LeopardStar?" StreamStar asked,her tail thrashed a bit. "I demand,SandStar,to give me RoamingLeopard. We share blood and there's no right for us to be separated." LeopardStar firmly hissed,SandStar drew herself up and snarled. "I will not give you your kin." SandStar simply hissed,LeopardStar looked out raged and thrashed her tail. "Yes I will!" LeopardStar yowled,tossing herself towards RoamingLeopard but landing on BreezeCall who quickly blocked her. LeopardStar snarled in rage,her claws unleashing as she pinned BreezeCall. "You may kill me but you will never touch your kin." BreezeCall calmly whispered to the leopard she before him,all the cats gasped in horror when they saw LeopardStar strike BreezeCalls throat..Swiftly ending the tom,SandStar let out a outraged yowl and lost it. SandStar leaped at LeopardStar with her claws extended,LeopardStar let out a echoing screech as SandStar raked her pink belly. DustFern,PeddleLeap and SandProwl grabbed SandStars scruff and dragged her away into the group of cats,away from the leaders. SandStar let out cries when the cats dropped her near a group of shocked ThunderClan Molly's,SandProwl struggled to hold on to SandStar as she pulled forward to she her deputy whom laid on the ground with his throat bleeding and his flank still. The group of WindClan cats lost grip of SandStar and the she bounded forward,leaping to her deputies side and letting out dreadful cries. HoneyStar and StreamStar stared wide eyed at what had happened within seconds,they let loud hisses and blocked LeopardStar from getting upon the leaders gathering rock. The cats from RiverClan,WindClan and ThunderClan gathered around SandStar and her deceased deputy. ShadowClan strayed behind with shocked eyes,most of them not knowing what to think. "I demand for LeopardStar to be exiled!" SandStar yowled,StreamStar and HoneyStar looked at each other then to LeopardStar who sat at the right end of the gathering rock with a raged face. "I think that'd be a fine idea." StreamStar snarled,her tail thrashing and fangs bared as she stared into LeopardStars burning green eyes. ShadowClan let out objecting yowls only to be silenced by HoneyStar,"ShadowClan! Are you blind? Have you not seen what your leader has done tonight? She has killed a cat,gone against the warrior code yet you want to keep her? What if she grows pride after tonight and kills kits or apprentices or elders?" HoneyStars soft voice turned to a loud outraged yowl that made ShadowClans pelts prickle. TickTail,a blinded Tom that fought against WindClan muttered his agreement. "Then I think we should exile her right here,right now." StreamStar yowled,her claws unleashing as she stared down at LeopardStar. "LeopardStar,because of your multiple crimes against the warrior code me,StreamStar and HoneyStar shall exile you out of every territory within this forest. If you ever cross into one of our territories we all have the right to kill you on the spot!" SandStar leaped up and yowled,her tail thrashing and eyes filled of pain. The cats within the clearing let out yowls of agreement,"You will no longer be called LeopardStar ether as you have no respect. When we speak of you we will call you LeopardYowl." StreamStar hissed. SandStar signaled to her cats to chase LeopardYowl out of the forest,DustFern,PeddleLeap and SandProwl got up and chased after LeopardYowl. DustFern,PebbleLeap and SandProwl bounded after LeopardYowl as she cried in fear of the three cats on her heels. DustFern snapped at LeopardYowls tail and quickened her pace,the three warriors leaped over brambles and fallen trees within ThunderClans territory-..DustFern snapped at LeopardYowl once again and made her turn to the kitty pets territory,LeopardYowl let out a fearful squeal and leaped over a fence into a kitty pets back yard. DustFern let out a triumphant yowl and smiled,PebbleLeap brushed her tail against his face as she trotted by. The three warriors quickly returned to their camp as the moon had been covered by puffy clouds and the sun was already starting to peer over the white clouds. DustFern,PebbleLeap and SandProwl dipped their head and sat near BreezeCalls body while SandStar shared tongues with the white warrior. "May starclan light his path.." DustFern muttered in pain of seeing the once energy filled deputy,SandStar gave a muffled sigh and pain filled her green gaze. SandProwl bent down to give his mom a comforting lick on the ear only for her to snarl and turn away,SandStar got up and trudged to her leader den. SandProwl watched as she walked off and sat down,sharing tongues with BreezeCall. DustFern and PebbleLeap shared tongues with BreezeCall in silence,holding their vigil for the fallen deputy. When the sun started to rise the clan poured out their dens with pain filled eyes as they shared tongues with their deputy for the last time,LeapingStorm whom was BreezeCalls mother cried while she shared tongues with her son..WindyLeap,BreezeCalls brother refused to share tongues with his brother from the sadness of it and he stayed within the medicine den to tidy up the herbs with JuniperPaw. At sun high SandStar leaped upon high rock,her gaze filled of nothing but pain. "All cats old enough to speed in the winds please gather around high rock!" SandStar yowled,the cats gathered around BreezeCall looked up and focused on their leader. DustFern groomed PebbleLeaps fur to comfort the molly while the two listened to SandStar closely. "As you all know our deputy of many years has lost his life to LeopardYowl at the gathering last night,we will have a burial straight after this announcement but first I must commend a deputy." SandStar announced loud and clear,turning her green gaze over every cat closely. SandStar gave a comfortable smile as she settled her green gaze upon one Tom,"I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors and BreezeCall may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of WindClan is DustFern. He has proven great loyalty and strength needed to help our clan in times of need." SandStar announced loud and clear with a warm gaze. DustFerns jaw dropped with surprise,PebbleLeap stared at him and pushed him forward with a giggle. "Please take your place upon deputy rock,make your first patrols and pick the cats to do the burial." SandStar dipped her head,DustFern padded and leaped upon the shorter deputy rock with a shocked smile. "PebbleLeap,SandProwl and RoamingLeopard will go on hunting patrol while LeapingRock,QuietShade and LeanFlower will go on border patrol. Because of the still lurking threat of LeopardYowl I ask for JuniperPaw and WindyLeap to collect more herbs." DustFern announced loud and clear,the clan dipped their heads in acknowledgment,DustFern signaled with his tail for the cats that were called for the patrols to exit and quickly they bounded out the camp. "Clan dismissed." SandStar dipped her head to her new deputy,the clan yowled 'DustFern,DustFern' as the newly appointed deputy jumped off deputy rock. DustFern gave a proud smile as he met his mother's gaze,DustHare walked to him and placed her head over his shoulder with purrs of praise. "I knew you'd be just like your father..Honorable and respectable.." DustHare whispered in DustFerns ear,he gave a softened smile and placed his head upon his mother's shoulder too. StormingLeap walked towards DustFern and dipped her head,"Your a honorable young tom. You'll be the deputy our clan needs." StormingLeap gave a soft purr with a firm smile that gave way to a softened gaze. "PebbleLeap has told me how much she loves you..You will be a great father,leader and mate in the future.." StormingLeap dipped her head,DustFerns smile widened in surprise and dipped his head to the elder queen. "I love you,my son." DustHare purred then backed away from DustFern,giving him one last prideful glance before stalking to the elders.
The air was humid and the wind blew burning hot,the same cats of Starclan gathered around DustFern with scarred eyes. "Please,We beg of you..Beware of the stalking leopard! She has not disappeared,SandStar will loose all faith and war will be called between us and your clan! Find out what to do before the forest gets destroyed.." The ghostly cats chanted in fear. DustFerns pelt prickled in worry,if his warrior ancestors were scared the future must have something deadly laying ahead..What do they mean that SandStar will loose faith..What war will be called upon..What will LeopardYowls next move be..?! The chanting lasted a whisker longer then plunged to the same darkness but this time a glowing dark grey Tom with black patches and narrowed glowing grey eyes but glowing stars gathered around his delicate paws. DustFern realized he was meeting the StarClan spirit of StormPaw! But the StarClan before him had a scared face with widened eyes of shock,the same look he had when he had passed to the paws of StarClan. "Be careful as the enemy will take a step out of the shadows as soon as possible,blood will soon reek over your clan camp of not solved quickly,SandStar will loose all hope and her care will wash away with the blood river.." StormPaw warned,looking around in every direction as if LeopardYowl was about to enter the dream at any moment. DustFern stood with his fur on end,eyes widened then he jolted awake. He looked to his side and saw PebbleLeap curled within her nest near his hind,he looked up to the rocky roof of the warriors den and let out a sigh-..Something about the starting day just didn't settle with him right,DustFern stretched each of his legs individually then padded cautiously out the warriors den. The sun was barely peering over the puffy clouds and the wind was blowing a bit warmer-..A sign of new leaf. DustFern padded towards QuietShade,LeanFlower and LeapingRock whom were sitting in the clearing and tiredly eating. "Do you three mind going out on border patrol?" DustFern asked,the three cats dipped their heads though LeanFlower didn't seem too pleased..There was an oddly mean look within her blue eyes,she stayed behind while the toms rushed out the camp. "I know your simply trying to control the clan,Leopardstar deserves to be here yet you framed her..RoamingLeopard has the right to go with her mother!" LeanFlower hissed,her eyes narrowed and tail thrashed. DustFern was a bit a taken back at the Molly's accounts,"LeopardYowl has murdered must I remind you,if we were to send RoamingLeopard with her she'd only be leaving with disease infested rogues!" DustFern snapped back at the older warrior. LeanFlower jolted back when DustFern snapped back to her,she gave a unbelievable short and padded off to follow the other two toms on the border patrol.
DustFern took out multiple patrols and by sun high he was exhausted,he sat in the clearing eating his first meal of the day while BurningBreeze,a young calico queen sat with her two black and white kits that tumbled and rolled around in the dusty clearing ground near DustFern. The kits reminded DustFern of his kit days when he rolled around with PebbleLeap and StormPaw,PebbleLeap rushed towards DustFern and licked his ears with a purr. "Those two,RavenKit and BarkKit seem like strong kits!" PeddleLeap purred as she watched the two kits flip onto each other with playful hisses and excited squeals,DustFern nodded his head in agreement. LeapingRock and RoamingLeopard bounded into the clearing,they had gone on a border patrol with SandProwl but they stood in the clearing with shocked and scared faces-..Without SandProwl..DustFern immediately heaved himself up and rushed towards the two fearful cats,"What has happened? Where's SandProwl!?" DustFern demanded with bristling fur. RoamingLeopard and LeapingRock looked at each other and quickly LeapingRock explained,"We were patrolling along the border to ShadowClan and we picked up the smell of LeopardYowl,of course we followed it and she ambushed us..! She struck SandProwls throat and he demanded us to get you,we're not sure if he's alive anymore or if LeopardYowl is still in our territory!" DustFerns eyes widened in shock. He yowled for PebbleLeap,WindyLeap , and SandStar,quickly the leader put DustHare in charge and the six cats rushed out of their camp. They reached the border between ShadowClan and their territory and saw SandProwl laying on the ground,on his side with blood pouring out his throat and stomach,widened eyes and a slow rising flank. SandStar let out a frightened yowl but the six cats held two fox lengths away from SandProwls injured body incase LeopardYowl was hiding in the bushes near,the cats smelt the air and detected nothing but horror struck them when SandProwl muttered;"Be careful ..Shes in the tree.." The six cats looked up to a large and tall oak tree and saw LeopardYowl silently and slyly crouching within the strong branches. LeopardYowl let out a thrilled laugh and leaped upon SandStar,immediately the other five large and strongly built cats jumped on top of LeopardYowl. The cats let out battle cries and threw LeopardYowl off SandStar,WindyLeap grabbed SandProwls injured body and hid him within thorny brambles and returned to the fighting sight. DustFern pounced onto LeopardYowl with full rage,the leopard molly let out an echoing screech as DustFern dug his claws deep into her pink spotted belly. DustFern struck LeopardYowls throat and quickly snapped it to the wrong side,LeopardYowl let out a trembled breath with widened shock eyes and rolling to her side in agony. "You dirty badger.." LeopardYowl hissed as she took her last breath then went as limp as a feather,DustFern panted heavily in shock of seeing his worse enemy dead within seconds. "Is she..?" RoamingLeopard muttered in shock,taking one small and cautious step forward and peering over to her mother's limp body. "I believe so.." PebbleLeap answered,walking cautiously to DustFerns side and letting a trembled gasp out when she realized that the leopard molly was indeed dead. SandStar let out a terrorized yowl as she crouched down in the thorny brambles WindyLeap had hidden SandProwl,all the other cats bounded to SandProwls side and let out horrified gasps. Though SandProwl was not yet dead he was barely alive,SandProwl moved his head a bit and stared into DustFerns gaze with an admiring look. "Ever since your mother introduced me to you I knew you'd do great things,after the medicine cat said that there'd be a cat that would naturally share dreams with StarClan themselves I knew you were the cat..I've watched you grow to what StarClan has destined you to be and now it is my time to watch from above the clouds where I can warn you,DustFern..You are an amazing tom,deputy and one day you will be the forests best leader.." SandProwl hoarsely mewed with a soft smile and slowly closed his eyes,DustFern watched in growing shock as his father figure took in his last few breaths and his flank stilled. SandStar let out another shriek of terror and buried her nose into her sons ginger pelt,DustFern fell to the ground and buried his nose into SandProwls bloody side. "Let's bring him to camp.." PebbleLeap muttered,SandStar nodded and carefully carried her son in her jaws tightly while leading the others back to the camp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718 2 25
When a darkness falls over the clans, threatening even StarClan, the cats of all clans are forced to come together in order to stop the evil from des...
3.1K 335 26
BOOK 1 ShadowClan and RiverClan had been at war with each other for years, and at the peak of the bloody fights, three kits were born. Born to a dead...
133 0 12
₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊ The medicine cat of PetalClan, Violetbreeze, had recieved a vision a few moons ago. "There are a group of cats you need to seek. They wi...
643 49 25
Three protagonists from three Clans with no prophecies to guide their paws. Whispers, secrets, lies, and blood blind them from the underlying truth...