The Girl With The Purple Umbr...

By TheSixteenth

"You!" She growls. With one swift movement, she jumps out of the hospital bed, removing the IV from her arm... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter One

208 29 9
By TheSixteenth

"Shots! Shots! Shots!"

That was all I can basically hear, besides the sound of me slamming down empty shot glasses on the bar table. I dump one after another into my mouth with no idea when I was planning on slowing down.

After some time, the glasses stopped coming and I knew I had accomplished whatever it was I was trying to do. I shot my fists in a gloating manner into the air as my friends began to cheer for me.

"Tabby, count- *hick* count how many shots Ethan took..." My friend, Luke slurs.

Tabby stands at the end of the table opposite from me. So far she has had twelve drinks in a row and now, finally reaching her drunken state, she is attempting to count.

Tabby rubs her hand through her now messy, tangled brown hair while squinting her chocolate eyes at the glasses in front of her.

She gasped, followed by a slur of words, "You guys..."

"What?"

"I think I might be an alcoholic!" She laughs, then like nothing, collapsed onto the hard floor.

"Uh-oh!" a friend sighed. "Tabby passed out, now our fun is over..."

"Yeah... The bar is fixing to close soon anyway we should probably go." I attempted to take a sip of beer only managing to douse my shirt with the liquor.

I shrug and throw the glass bottle, letting it shatter to pieces on the floor. We walk out of the bar in a sluggish manner. One of the girls with us carried Tabby on her shoulders who was now only half awake.

"Umm... Should we get a taxi or something." She sleepily says.

"And leave my car here? No way!" I shout as I begin to search for my keys. "Where are my damn keys?!"

"They're in your hand..." Luke stammers. "Dude, you are not ok to drive."

"Don't tell me what the hell I can and can't do!" I yell laughing as I enter my car, "I can drive in my sleep!"

"Alright..." Luke says. "The rest of us are getting a cab, see you later!"

I put my keys into the ignition, laughing and smiling to my friends as I drove off. Soon my happiness fades. I just recently turned twenty-one and my friends and I decided to celebrate the same way I have been since I was fifteen. By drinking.

But sadly no amount of liquor could fix my mistakes or repair my past. I felt my eyes become heavy as my vision began to blur.

"Man, I need to get home quick and sleep this off." I murmur.

I saw the light up ahead change from green to red. I really needed to get home so I decided to just run the red light and worry about the consequences later. Not even seconds later did I come to hear the loud honks of angry drivers.

I throw my head back, laughing and knowing that they can't touch me. Suddenly my head jerked forward, hitting the dashboard as my car collided with another one.

I was thrown back and forth as my car continued to roll down the highway and finally crash into an old boarded up Waffle House. I refuse to move, mainly because my body was in too much pain to do absolutely anything and because my car was so messed up, I couldn't tell where the door was.

I can hear the sound of screeching car tires, sirens and the flash of red and blue as my vision blurs again and my eyes shut.

_____________________

I open my eyes and immediately wanted to shut them back up. The room I am in was extremely white and bright. I opened my eyes again to see a fake blonde woman yelling into her phone as she paced back and forth across the room.

"No, you listen to ME!" She shouts. "Either you bring me a new hot design that will knock the socks off the critics or I will shove these old ones so far down your throat that you will--!"

I groan in annoyance, "Mom, you think you can tone it down a bit?"

"Oh, my baby you're awake!" She cheers as she ends her call. "Julius, come over he's awake!"

I see my dad, from the corner of my eye, stand up and walk over to me, "How are you feeling Ethan?" He asks.

"Like crap," I answer. "Where the hell am I?"

"You're in the hospital sweetheart." My mom replies. "You had a little accident with your car."

Well, that would explain the bright lights, white room, and the fact that I have a heart monitor and an IV attached to me.

There was a loud ring of a cell phone and my dad quickly answers it. He talks to the person on the end, in a low whisper, and after a while, he hangs up. He whispers something to my mother and they both headed towards the door.

"We have to go Ethan." My father says. "We will come by later to see you."

I nod towards them. As soon as they opened the door, there was the flashing of bright camera lights and the loud chattering of reporters. They continue to talk over one another while bombarding my parents with stupid questions.

"Is Ethan going to be able to recover from this, Mr. Price?" One asks.

"How will this sudden change affect your family, Mr. Price?" Another one questions.

"Is it true you are having an affair with the President's wife, Mr. Price?"

My parents refuse to answer any of their questions and shut the door so none of the reporters could enter or snap a picture of me. I rolled my eyes and lay my head down on my pillow.

I guess on my rush home I eventually did get that nap I wanted. I quickly opened my eyes as I heard the door open and shut followed by a hard smack to my arm.

"Ow! Dude what the hell!" I turn to face my attacker who, not to my surprise, was Luke.

"Oops, sorry I didn't know!" He laughs.

"Oh, that was mean Luke!" Tabby states. "You still could have hit him harder though..."

"Thanks for begin on my side, Tabby." Luke laughs as she rolls her eyes.

"Is punching me the only reason you stopped by?" I ask annoyed.

"Nah! We just wanted to see how you were doing!" Tabby pops her gum loudly.

"Now which is more shocking," Luke began, "The fact you totaled your car, the fact that you put someone in the hospital or that this is your second DWI? Not counting the four others the police didn't catch you for."

"All of the above I guess."

Wait! I put someone in the hospital!

"Who did I hit?" I ask.

"Don't know, don't care!" Tabby says. " Come on Luke, let's go to Waffle House! I want pancakes!"

Funny they want to go to Waffle House when I just crashed my luxury car into an old, broken down one. Maybe they should just go there.

"Um, Tabitha-"

"The names Tabby!" She yelled. "TA-BBY!"

"Whatever kitty cat." Luke mocks. "I'm not taking you to Waffle House!"

"Uh yeah, you are!" She states, grabbing Luke by his sleeve and out the door. "Now let's go!"

Luke groaned and rolls his eyes in annoyance as he is dragged out of the room by the hungry brown haired girl.

I laugh quietly to myself as the two left the room. I sat up from my hospital bed and look around the room for my regular clothes which were neatly folded on a chair.

"Moms will be moms..."

I press my bare feet onto the cold floor, ignoring my aching muscles, and begin to change into my street clothes. I wasn't drastically injured so I felt no need to waste my time in here.

I walk out of the room and start to wander around, looking for the front desk. My ears peek in on a doctor having a loud conversation with a patient.

"Get the hell off me!" A womanly voice yells

"You're very lucky to have only come out of that crash with just a few bruises Ms..." The doctor began. "

"Odessa to you, four-eyes!" The woman yells. "My name is Odessa and I want to get out of here!"

Was this the person I crashed into? Ha! I have to see the poor sucker who is going to try to sue and lose!

I poke my head into the doorway, looking at the patient and the very scared doctor who was trying to calm her down. Her midnight black hair was in a frizzy mess on top of her head. She glares at the doctor with her honey-colored eyes.

Her left arm was bandaged up but I could still catch a glimpse of some sort of tattoo. Her eyes snapped towards my direction, I could now clearly see the anger that burned in them.

"You!" She growls.

With one swift movement, she jumps out of the hospital bed, removing the IV from her arm, and tackles me to the ground. Her un-bandaged hand was curled up into a fist, ready to hit me as her other hand was around my neck.

"You are so going to pay!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...