Angel Eyes

By Alchemygirl8

Keith and Lance were soulmates. They could tell. But one day, Lance up and breaks up with Keith to take over... More

Prologue
Breaking Up Is Never Easy
Mystery Solved
I'm Keeping It
New Job and A Friend?
Can You Keep A Promise?
Notice
Another One Gone
The Twins
Cranston
The Concert
Lance
Blast From The Past
The Twins Choice
A Dilemma
It's You
A Date
Too Good To Be True
A Promsie
The Planning Begins
The Bachelor Party
With This Ring
When All Is Said And Done
Epilogue

Our Last Summer

320 8 2
By Alchemygirl8

Author's Note:

Before we begin this chapter, I just want to explain that we have times kipped a bit. To be honest, I was running out of ideas so I thought why not just skip to Keith having the twins cause I have more ideas for when the twins are around.

So here we are, Keith is 9 months pregnant waiting for the twins to be born.

Anyways, enjoy y'all!

~

"So how are you doing?" Shiro asked.

"Ready to be done being pregnant," Keith replied with a sigh. He was currently sitting on the couch with a movie playing on the tv, the volume low. His phone sitting on his knees with the speakerphone on as he talked to Shiro.

"Shouldn't be too much longer right? Any day now is that what Dr. Amelia said?"

"Yeah, something like that," Keith said with a sigh.

"Do you know what you're having?'

"No," Keith answered with a shake of his head. "I wanna keep it a secret until they're here."

"I'm betting they're both girls!' Adam called out in the background.

"That's what mom keeps saying to," Keith said with a chuckle.

"Well whatever you have, they're going to be spoiled rotten by everyone, especially Allura and Shay.'

"Yeah," Keith said with a sigh. "I can picture them going all out on birthdays now."

"Anyways, we'll be there in like ten minutes, we'll see you soon."

"Okay, bye."

Keith hung up the phone and groaned feeling his back spike in pain. He definitely was ready for his pregnancy to be over. He changed the channel to the news and got off the couch to make something to eat. He had been in his new apartment for a few months now and he enjoyed the peace of being in his own space. Though, he did miss the company of Krolia and Kolivan as much as the couple would come over to see him or invite him over for dinner.

"And in today's news, it has been announced that the wedding between Lance McClain and Nyma Larousse has been postponed until next year. The announcement is under suspicion that whether the two families are in disagreement or whether or not one party is having cold feet."

Keith froze hearing the news anchor report the news. She was reporting on the news on celebrities and social news, which is the category Lance and his family fall under since his dad is a popular CEO of the family company. Shaking himself out of his thoughts, Keith forced himself to change the channel just as she started reporting on something else.

~

"Care to explain why we've delayed the wedding again?" Lance's father asked turning to Lance who was sitting in a chair on the other side of the desk.

"I just...want to make sure we're not rushing into things," Lance said avoiding his father's gaze. "Weddings are stressful and I want to make sure we're doing this right."

"And is that the only reason?" his father asked, eyeing his son up and down for a clue as to why Lance had delayed the wedding. "Or is it something else?"

"No sir," Lance said with a slow shake of his head. "That's the reason."

Lance's father stared at him for a few moments more before he sighed and stood up from his desk. He clasped his hands behind his back and turned to stare out the window.

"Fine, I have work to finish up," he said staring out at the cars that drove by on the street and the people walking on the crosswalk. "I will see you later tonight for dinner. You're dismissed."

"Yes sir," Lance said, getting off the chair and heading out of the office.

~

"What do you mean the wedding got postponed!?" Nyma's sister shrieked causing Nyma to wince. Her little sister Cassandra really had a high pitched shriek that made Nyma's ears bleed.

"It's not a big deal Cass," Nyma said with a sigh. "We're not in any rush."

"But still, why did Lance postpone the wedding?" Cassandra asked with a glare.

"That's not my problem, it was his choice," Nyma said shaking her head. "If he's dealing with something then I'll let him deal with it and then we can move along."

"But you should still at least ask him what's wrong."

"Cass-"

"Trust me Nyma," Cassandra said with a sigh. "He's hiding something, did you see the way he was acting last time we went out to the venue? He's hiding something and if you don't ask him, then I will."

With that, Cassandra left the living room and stomped up to her bedroom, the sound of her heeled boots clinking against the tile. Nyma sighed and jumped as her phone started ringing in her pocket.

"Lance?" Nyma asked picking up the phone.

"Hey, can we talk?" Lance asked, Nyma could practically hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Sure, where do you want to meet?" Nyma asked.

"The park? Our old childhood spot?"

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

Nyma hung up and went upstairs to get changed before bidding her parents goodbye and headed to the park.

~

"I haven't been here in a few years," Nyma said with a smile as she walked into a secluded part of the park. There was a small duck pond and a small dock leading out in the middle, her and Lance would come here as kids and play here.

Lance turned and a small smile graced his face seeing Nyma. She had changed into a pair of beige pants with a light brown belt, a light blue halter top, a dark brown jacket, and brown flats.

"Hey."

"Hey," Nyma said as she sat down next to Lance on the dock. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Lance was silent for a few minutes before he spoke up.

"I'm sorry about postponing the wedding," Lance said with a sigh.

"It's fine," Nyma said with a shrug. "Are you okay? Cassandra mentioned how tense you were at the venue last time. Does that have something to do with postponing the wedding?"

"I guess you could say that," Lance said with a small shrug. "Though I guess it's more of what happened before we started planning the wedding."

"What do you mean?" Nyma asked turning to Lance.

"I was...in a relationship before I fully agreed to marry you," Lance confessed with a frown. "We broke up a few weeks before the planning started."

"I'm sorry," Nyma said with a small smile. "Do you want to talk about them? Perhaps that will help."

Lance smiled and pulled out his phone, opening his photos app and showing Nyma a picture of him and Keith. Nyma knew of his sexuality and she expressed to him multiple times that she accepted him, which Lance was grateful for.

"Aww, you two look so happy in that photo," Nyma said with a chuckle. "What was his name?"

"Keith," Lance answered, his smile fading the longer he stared at the photo. "We met at Hunk and Shay's wedding and then dated for three years before...before he found out about our engagement."

"I'm sorry, it must have been hard for him to find out," Nyma said with a frown. "Poor thing. How did he find out?"

"Mom texted him when I was in the shower," Lance said with a frown. "I was planning on telling him myself but I never got the chance to unfortunately."

"Is that why you've been so distant since then?" Nyma asked to which Lance nodded. "You haven't been the same since."

"Yeah, you could say that," Lance said with a sigh. "His brother said he left town, him and his fiancée wouldn't tell me where he went."

"Do you miss him?" Nyma asked softly.

"Every day," Lance replied in a hushed tone. "Everywhere I go I'm reminded of him and our time together."

"Why don't you tell me about you two?" Nyma asked turning to Lance with a soft smile. "That might help."

"Maybe," Lance said with a smile.

"What's the last thing you remember of him?" Nyma asked.

"You mean other than his heart broken face as we broke up?" Lance lightly joked before he shook his head and turned his thoughts elsewhere. "I guess the last happy memory we have together is going to Paris in the summer."

"I can still recall

Our last summer

I still see it all

Walks along the Seine

Laughing in the rain

Our last summer

Memories that remain"

Nyma smiled seeing the smile of happiness on Lance's face. She could tell Lance really enjoyed that trip, especially with Keith.

"We made our way along the river

And we sat down in the grass by the Eiffel tower

I was so happy we had met

It was the age of no regret

Oh, yes"

As Lance sang, he showed Nyma photos he had taken during their visit to Paris. As much as Keith wasn't one to be in photos, Lance had managed to convince him to be in a few photos. They looked so cute together, it's no wonder they dated for three years.

"Those crazy years

He loved them despite his glower

But underneath

We had a fear of flying"

"Did he always glare like that?" Nyma asked as she stared at a photo of Keith glaring at Lance behind the phone as Lance took a photo of him.

"Not always," Lance said with a shake of his head. "Just when he was annoyed, mostly with things I did."

"Of growing old

A fear of slowly dying

We took a chance

Like we were dancing our last dance"

"Let me guess, he wasn't much of a dancer," Nyma joked with a smile.

"No, not really," Lance replied with a chuckle. "But if I asked him enough times he would eventually give in.

"I can still recall

Our last summer

I still see it all

In the tourist jam

Round the Notre Dame

Our last summer

Walking hand in hand"

"He wasn't much for crowds either," Lance recalled with a chuckle. "He would cling onto my hand like it was a lifeline and wouldn't let go until we were away from the crowd."

"Did he have social anxiety?" Nyma asked.

"He did," Lance replied with a soft nod. "But I helped him keep himself grounded."

"Paris restaurants

Our last summer

Morning croissants

Living for the day

Worries far away

Our last summer

We could laugh and play"

"Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time in Paris," Lance said with a sigh. "Before everything went to shit."

"And now your love life is blank

Sank under the ocean

Frozen in motion

Pulled back with a yank"

Nyma always had a soft voice and it always worked to always calm people down.

"How dull it seems," Lance sang with a sigh.

"Yet you were the hero of his dreams"

Lance shrugged softly and Nyma placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"I can still recall

Our last summer

I still see it all

In the tourist jam

Round the Notre Dame

Our last summer

Walking hand in hand"

Nyma's phone rang and she sighed seeing it was Cassandra, probably wanting to tell her about plans their mother had for the wedding.

"I should go," Nyma said pushing her phone back into her pocket.

"Don't let me keep you," Lance said with a small smile.

"You'll be okay," Nyma asked standing up.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Lance said with a sigh. "Go on."

"Alright," Nyma said with a nod. "Let me know if you need anything!" she called out before turning and walking away, leaving Lance by himself.

"I can still recall

Our last summer

I still see it all

Walks along the Seine

Laughing in the rain

Our last summer

Memories that remain"

~

"Walks along the Seine

Laughing in the rain

Our last summer

Memories that remain"

Keith had just finished tidying up the living room when he felt a sudden pain strike him. He leaned his hands against the counter and the pain stayed for a few moments before it faded away. He took a deep breath and tried to remember what Amelia had explained to him on his last visit.

He grabbed his phone and picked out her contact in his contacts list and dialed her phone. Thankfully, she picked up after a few rings.

"Hello, Doctor Amelia speaking," her voice sounded from the line.

"Hey, it's Keith," Keith said making his way to sit on the couch.

"Keith, how are you love, is everything okay?" she asked, worry laced in her voice.

"I think I just had a contraction," Keith said with a wince.

"Just as I thought, we'd be a few days before they were coming," Amelia said with a chuckle. "Alright sweetie, what I need you to do is make sure to take deep breaths and try to stay calm and I'm going to need you to time those contractions and how far apart they are."

"Alright," Keith said with a nod.

"Is there anyone there with you right now? Your mother? Kolivan? Shiro?"

"Shiro and Adam are on their way for a visit. Said they'd be here in ten minutes."

"Alright, that's good," Amelia said with a sigh of relief. "Alright honey, do you have your bag ready?"

"Yeah, there's just a few things that need to go in," Keith said with a deep breath, he could feel another contraction hitting. Amelia must have heard him trying to steady his breathing and paused letting it run its course.

"Another one?" she asked softly.

"Yeah."

"Okay love, do you remember the 5-1-1 rule I told you about?"

"When contractions come every 5 minutes, lasting 1 minute each, for at least 1 hour then go to the hospital," Keith repeated.

"Good, so I'm gonna need you to keep an eye on those contractions for me okay?"

"Right."

"Okay love, I'm sorry but I have a patient I need to see. Just sit tight until Shiro and Adam get there okay?"

"Okay."

"Alright honey, I'll see you soon."

Just as Amelia hung up, Shiro and Adam entered the house, with Keith heavily pregnant with the twins, the three agreed it would be easier if Shiro and Adam had a spare key so they could just walk in.

Keith turned his head just as the couple walked into the living room.

"Hey Keith, what's up?" Shiro asked with a smile.

"Oh nothing much, just contractions," Keith answered wincing as another one hit. The couple froze and stared at Keith with wide eyes.

"Wait, what?" Adam asked as Keith breathed through the contractions.

"Yeah, I think the twins are coming, I started having them like fifteen minutes ago," Keith answered as he fell back against the couch.

"Oh my god," Shiro said with wide eyes.

"Have you called your mom and Kolivan?" Adam asked to which Keith nodded.

"Not yet, I just got off the phone with Amelia before you got here," Keith answered.

"I'll call them," Shiro offered, pulling his phone out and dialing his mother's phone, walking to the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Adam asked sitting next to Keith and offering a gentle smile. "I mean other than you in labour obviously."

"To be honest, I'm terrified," Keith answered as he let out a soft laugh. "I've never done this before."

"None of us have," Adam said with a shake of his head. "But we're here and we're gonna help get you through this."

"Yeah," Keith answered with a soft sigh, a small smile forming on his face as Shiro walked back into the living room.

"Mom is on her way, Kolivan's plane will be landing soon so he'll meet us at the hospital," Shiro said with a sigh. "Alright, so, let's gear up to have a baby."

~

Song(s) Used:

Our Last Summer

Sung originally by ABBA, 1980

Covered by Colin Firth, Pierce Brosan, and Stellan Skarsgård, Amanda Seyfried, Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia! 2008

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.5K 2.8K 42
UNDER EDITING Enter the journey of Lance McClain and Keith Kagone as they fight for the top spot at the Garrison. While realizing their true feeling...
33.3K 1.1K 36
Sometimes people are a lot different then you think. The first minute Lance steps into his new school he's warned about Keith Kogane. They say he's...
4.4K 132 15
Keith had left Voltron to join the Blade of Marmora because he desperately wanted to hide his feelings for Lance. He didn't want the others to know h...
1.7K 53 21
Keith and Lance have always been rivals. Always bickering, almost never agreeing on anything. But when Keith falls ill, and nobody knows why, Lance a...