Always Believe (Bunnymund x R...

By Rowan_Turcotte_

Y/n Bennett older sister of Jamie and Sophie Bennett. Ever since she was younger she's always believed in the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
a/n
A/n #2
Rating ya'lls reading list names

Chapter 5

7.1K 140 38
By Rowan_Turcotte_

Bunnymund's POV

We pass overhead Jack and Sandman starting to fight the nightmares. North crashes into some things. North keeps dozing off due to the Dream-sand. After another scrape on the top of a building, he startles awake again.

Sandy uses his sand to burst into the air like a water-spout, dragging Jack with him, then tosses Jack away.

Jack knocks a few Nightmares away, but falls a little before

Pitch laughs as he directs the Nightmares. I jump off the sleigh, attacking during freefall. I land on the street and slash through some Nightmares with a knife as well as throw my boomerang at them and bash some of them with my huge feet.

I jump back into the air to latch onto the sleigh, driving it while North attacks with his swords from the front.

Two Nightmares come after Jack, so he just drops through the air and lets them run into each other. Another Nightmare attacks and he loses his staff, grasping for it during freefall before landing back on the sleigh.

"You might wanna duck." I warn him.

Bunny's boomerang comes careening back through a Nightmare and he catches it out of thin air, grinning at Jack.

Sandy is all alone on his cloud, surrounded by a tornado of black sand that he keeps whipping to no avail. North sits down on the sleigh again, I quickly move out of the way so North can steer.

"We gotta help Sandy!" Jack yells. North drives the sleigh in that direction.

Pitch pulls the string of an invisible bow, using an arrow-head shaped out of black sand aimed at Sandy. It hits Sandy right between the shoulder-blades. My eyes widen. No, not Sandy.

Jack screams. "Nooo!" He launches himself off the sleigh towards Sandman. Pitch laughs menacingly while Sandman turns to face him.

Pitch laughs some more after he says. "Don't fight the fear, little man."

North tries to go faster. "Hurry! Hurry!"

"I'd say sweet dreams, but there aren't any left." Pitch smirks.

Sandman stands up, closes his eyes, and the swirling black sand closes in on his glowing yellow light, snuffing it out.

"Sandy?" North calls questioning.

Jack yells once more. "No... NOOO!!" Jack races towards Pitch, but halts in mid-air as he looks at the horde of Nightmares. They close in on him, but from where Jack is comes a bright blue light that pushes back against the Nightmares. Jack clutches the staff forward and a darting ice-light ripples through the Nightmares. They explode into black sand like fireworks over the city, knocking Pitch away with a scream.

North yells his name as Tooth catches him as he falls, setting him down in the sleigh.

Tooth questions Jack. "Jack, h-how did you do that?"

Jack stutters out an answer "I, I, I- I didn't know I could." He looks at all of us with wide eyes.

At The North Pole

Tooth places a glass lantern on the Guardian symbol, where Sandman's likeness is. She looks over at North, who shuts his eyes in grief. She looks over at Bunny, who offers her his paw. Then she offers her hand to North, who takes it.

All around the symbol are other lights; the Yetis stand by, as do the elves. They nod their heads, making the bells chime, creating a dirge for the Sandman. One yeti sniffs, and is comforted by another yeti.

Jack isn't present. He's sitting off somewhere else, hood up, by a window. He touches the pane and it starts to frost over, creating the same likeness of the Sandman as on the Guardian symbol. North approaches him.

"Are you all right?"

Jack sighs. "I just, uh- I wish I could've done something."

North looks at him with some shock. "Done something? Jack, you stood up to Pitch. You saved us."

Jack tried to protest. "But Sandy-"

North cuts him off. "Would be proud of what you did. I don't know who you were in your past life, but in this life you are Guardian." Jack stands up taking his hood off.

"How can I know who I am, until I found out who I was?"

"You will. I feel it - in my belly." He pats his stomach.

They go to where the Globe is and see the lights dimming.

Tooth covers her mouth in shock. "Look how fast they're going out!"

"It's fear. He's tipped the balance." Jack says oddly serious.

"Hey, buck up ya sad sacks!" I hop onto the console before continuing. "We can still turn this around! Easter is tomorrow, and I need your help! I say we pull out all the stops and we get those little lights flickering again!"

The four leave that room for the elevator.

"Bunny is right! As much as it pains me to say, old friend, this time Easter is more important than Christmas!" North walks out of the elevator.

Bunny follows him while talking. "Hey! Did everyone hear that?!"

Jack smiles knowingly at Bunny

"We must hurry to the Warren. Everyone, to the sleigh!"

Bunny smirks, making everyone else stop. "Oh no, mate. My Warren, my rules. Buckle up." He thumps the floor of the workshop and a massive hole appears, taking the other three Guardians, two elves, and two yetis.

North yells. "Shostakovich!"

The group is sliding down Bunny's tunnel. Jack is surfing/skating, Tooth is hovering along with the pile, while Bunny is bounding ahead of everyone. The rest land in a heap at the bottom of the tunnel.

North sits up. "ha ha ha. Buckle up. Is very funny." He wags his finger at Bunny.

Bunny chuckles. "Welcome to the Warren." He sits up alert, turning towards the first tunnel - his ears perk up, his nose twitches. "Something's up."

A horde of Bunny's undecorated eggs come running out of the tunnel, so he gets into a battle-ready stance. Everyone else does too. Bunny's Easter Island Sentinel Eggs spin their faces around to look mean.

Bunny starts screaming first as he rushes forward, followed by the others. Sophie comes running out of the tunnel from the inner Warren, screaming along with them until they all quiet down. She is holding some of the unpainted Easter eggs.

"Sophie?" Jack asks.

The Guardians laugh nervously as they put away their combat gear. Sophie coos.

"What is she doing here?" He points at the little girl turning to look at the others.

North pats himself down. "Uhh... snowglobe."

"Crikee, somebody do something!"

Jack puts his hands up. "Well, don't look at me, I'm invisible, remember?"

Sophie chases the two elves around before dragging one around. "Elf, elf".

Tooth does a little twirl into the air. "Don't worry, Bunny. I bet she's a ~Fairy Fan~!" Sophie gasps in excitement. "It's okay, little one."

"Pretty!" She smiles in awe of Tooth.

"Ohh! You know what? I've got something ~for you~! Here it is! Look at all the ~pretty teeth~! ~With little blood and gum on them~!"

Sophie runs away with a sob.

Jack chuckles. "Blood and gums? When was the last time you guys actually hung out with kids?" North shrugs.

Sophie chased more unpainted eggs under an Easter Island rock. "Peek-a-boo!" She yells into the opening.

"We are very busy bringing joy to children! We don't have time..." Sophie runs around laughing. "for children."

Bunny and Tooth look apprehensive at North's statement.

"Hm. If one little kid can ruin Easter, then... we're in worse shape than I thought." Jack makes one snowflake that floats on the wind, twirling around his hand before going around.

"Whee!" Sophie chases after the snowflake, which ends up on Bunny's nose.

Bunny's nose twitches, then he smiles with Jack's power's help.

Sophie and Bunny watch as a brand new white egg with feet emerges from a plant, walking and jumping around.

"You wanna paint some eggs? Yeah?" Bunny smiles softly at Sophie being reminded of Y/n when he first met her.

Sophie jumped around excitedly. "Okay!"

Bunny gestured for her to follow. "Come on then."

An army of little white eggs with feet start marching down a hill.

"Rimsky-Korsakov! That's a lot of eggs!" North stares in astonishment. Tooth hovers next to him also in shock.

Jack Perched on top of his staff by them. "Uh, how much time do we have?"

Sophie is riding on Bunny's back as they dart around the eggs. Sophie keeps a tight grip off his back fur while squealing with glee. Even Bunny cheers in delight. The sounds of more flowers dusting the eggs with their undercoat colors filled the Warren.

"All right, troops, it's time to push back!" Sophie giggles as the eggs move her down the hill and North waves to her. "That means eggs everywhere! Heaps of you in every high rise, farm house, and trail'r park! In tennis shoes and cereal bowls! Oh, there'll be bathtubs filled with my beautiful googies!" Bunny smiles at the sight of all the eggs coloured.

An elf pushes an egg into the river of paint, then dances with a his tongue out as his bell jingles. But more of the eggs push him in as well. The eggs are top-heavy, so their legs are kicking up in the air. North picks one up.

"Okay, that's little strange." North admits with a tilt of his head.

Bunny's cradling a half dozen of his painted googies. "No, mate.That's adorable."

The elf climbs out, delighted at how he's all painted up.

"There will be Springtime! On every continent." He hops onto one of the rocks and lifts his arms into the air. "And I'm bringing Hope with me!"

The eggs slide through some plants with iridescent paint secreting from them, so that they have spirals and swirls on them too. The painted elf now has designs on him as well. One of the yetis is very entertained.

The same yeti from the robots is painting eggs a rich red.

"Too Christmas-y, mate. Paint 'em blue." He passes by in a blur.

The yeti is exasperated and keels over. He has a whole stack painted red, same as with the robots.

Bunny lands near the Dispatch area where Sophie is "Ooh, what's over there?"

Sophie walks over and picks up one fully painted egg. "Whoa ho ho!" She holds it up for Bunny to see.

"That's a beauty! Now all we gotta do is get him and his little mates through the tunnels, to the top, and we'll have ourselves Easter." He holds her hand and leads her out to see all of the eggs heading into the tunnels, then sits on his haunches next to her.

Jack comes up to crouch beside the two of them on the Dispatch Hill. Sophie sleepily crawls into Bunny's arms.

"Not bad." Jack comments.

"Not bad, yourself."

Jack rubs the back of his neck. "Ah, look, I- I'm sorry about the whole- you know, the "kangaroo" thing?"

Bunny glances at him. "It's the accent, isn't it?"

They both chuckle a little as North and Tooth show up.

"Ah, poor little ankle-biter. Look at 'er, all tuckered out."

"I love her." Baby Tooth chitters and Sophie coos. "I think it's time to get her home." Tooth spoke up.

Jack stands up. "How about I take her home?"

Tooth begins to protest. "Jack, no, Pitch is out there--"

"No match for this." He holds up his staff.

"Which is why we need you here, with us." Bunny says.

"Trust me, I'll be quick as a bunny." He makes finger-walking motions too.

Not everything goes the way we want it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 225 22
Rise of the Guardians oneshots. JackRabbit
31.7K 784 8
After Bunny yells at him, and the guardians turn their back on him, Jack searches for the one person he knows would never turn his back on him. The o...
69.2K 2.7K 39
You'd never think that you'd fall into any wrongs with Bunnymund, especially not given the relationship that you had formed. He wanted you as much as...
664 43 11
"My fellow guardians, it's is our job to watch over the children of the world and keep them safe. To bring them wonder, hope, and dreams. So I have c...