Always Believe (Bunnymund x R...

By Rowan_Turcotte_

Y/n Bennett older sister of Jamie and Sophie Bennett. Ever since she was younger she's always believed in the... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
a/n
A/n #2
Rating ya'lls reading list names

Chapter 1

9.1K 199 149
By Rowan_Turcotte_

12 years later

Bunnymund's POV

An Aurora Borealis lit up the sky. I knew what that meant, all the guardians did. I just really wish he hadn't called a meeting so close to Easter. He wouldn't do that if it was near Christmas time.

I grumbled as I stopped what I was doing and opened up a tunnel. Hopping into it, it didn't take long for me to reach the North Pole.

As soon as the breeze hit me I shivered. Even with a ton of fur it was freezing. I jumped around a little, hugging myself.

"Ugh! It's freezing! Can't feel my feet, can't feel my feet!" With a short yell I ran towards the workshop trying to get in as fast as I could.

North offered some treats and I sighed. "This better be good North."

I ignored Tooth's mumbling to her little fairies. It was directions and coordinates. Teeth to be collected.

North looked at Sandy, "Sandy! Thank you for coming!" Jolly as always. Sandy created some symbols above his head.

"I know, I know, but I obviously wouldn't have called you all here unless it was serious! The boogeyman was here! At the Pole!"

I was so shocked I almost dropped my egg. I wasn't the only one surprised.

"Pitch? Pitch Black here?" Tooth said.

North gestured towards the globe, "Yes! There was black sand covering the globe!"

I chimed in with a slight stutter, "W-w-what, whadda' ya' mean black sand?"

"And then there was a shadow!"

I stopped painting the egg for a second to look up at North. "Hold on, hold on- I thought you said you saw Pitch!" A shadow was all he saw? He's pulling this crap right before Easter as if I have the time to worry about a shadow. It could've been his own for all I know.

"Er, not exactly." North sheepishly says.

"Not exactly?" I look down at Sandy, "Can you believe this guy!"

He responds with a question mark above his head. "Yeah, you said it Sandy." I return back to painting my egg.

North sighs. "Look, I can feel he's up to something very bad! I feel it... In my belly!" His hands pat his stomach.

I put the egg away and looked at him. Is he serious right now?

"Hang on, hang on, you mean to say, you summoned me here 3 days before Easter, because of your belly?! Mate, if I did this to you 3 days before Christmas-" He cuts me off from my rant with a merry smile.

"Please, Bunny, Easter is not Christmas!" He chuckles along with his words.

I give a wry laugh tossing my head back for extra effect. "Here we go... North, I- I don't have time for this! I still have 2 billion eggs to finish up!"

North shrugs, "No matter how much you paint, it is still egg."

I can feel the frustration building up. "Look mate! I'm dealing with perishables! Right, you've got all year to prepare! I do not!"

Tooth is starting to launch off coordinates again to her little fairies.

"Why are rabbits always so nervous?" North takes a step towards me gesturing with his hands.

"Is that all in one house," Tooth comments in astonishment.

Ignoring her I say back, "And why are you always such a blowhard?"

North, it seems, is not as good at ignoring distractions for he turns his attention to the flying woman. "Tooth! Can't you see we're trying to argue here?"

She seems to only just realize what we were doing. "Sorry! Not all of us get to work one night a year, am I right Sandy?" She looks towards the midget in question.

He sends an arrow pointing up. I shake my head looking back at North. "Come on, mate, Pitch went out with the Dark Ages, huh? We made sure of it."

North the stubborn man he is won't listen, "I know it was him. We have serious situation."

Tooth tries to talk over us, "Hey, I'd hate to interrupt-"

Again I ignore her. "Well I have a serious situation with some eggs!" I knew it was useless to argue over this but I was so frustrated, I couldn't stop.

"Please concentrate on the matter-" A ringing bell interrupts Tooth this time. We all look over at Sandy shaking an elf furiously. With all our attention he points to Manny.

"Ah! Man in Moon! Sandy, why didn't you say anything huh?"

Sandy lets out a sigh.

"It's been long time, old friend! What is big news?" North opens his arms towards the moon.

He shines a light at the guardian emblem on the floor showing a shadow becoming Pitch.

I state the obvious with some surprise. "It is Pitch."

North vigorously pats his belly. "What must we do?"

In response, the guardian plate opens up revealing a crystal embedded in a rock rising up.

"He's choosing a new guardian."

I snap my head towards North. "What! Why?"

North simply shrugs. "Must be big deal. Manny thinks we need help."

"Since when do we need help?" I say back.

Tooth excitedly starts to talk fast. "I wonder who it's gonna be? Maybe the Leprechaun?" Sandy has a 4-leaf clover over his head too.

I start to mumble to myself crossing my claws, "Please not the Groundhog, please not the groundhog..."

Manny shapes the light above the crystal into a humanoid figure. He held a curve staff and wore a blue hoodie.

North says who it is. "Jack Frost."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Tooth's little fairies swoon. Her swooning too.

I groan. "Uh, I take it back. The Groundhog's fine."

Tooth stutters after composing herself somewhat, "Well a-as long he helps to, uh, to protect the children, right?"

I exploded. "Jack Frost!? He- He doesn't care about children! A'ight, all he does is freeze water pipes and mess with my egg hunts! Alright? He's an irresponsible, selfish-"

North interrupts me before I could keep going. "Guardian."

I huff and cross my arms. "Jack Frost is many things, but he is not a Guardian."

Y/n's POV

Y/n woke up to rays of light coming through her curtains. She grumbled, rolling over and bringing her blanket over her head. The few more minutes of sleep she wanted, she did not get. Just a minute later her door slammed open and then three bodies jumped onto her.

Y/n spluttered as she sat up. She blinked her bleary eyes and Sophie was the one thing she saw. With her little sister getting all up in her face and all. Jamie sat to the side of her and their dog sat on her feet.

She groaned and fell back onto her pillows.

"What time is it?"

Jamie perked up, "6:07"

Y/n gave Jamie a look and grabbed both of her siblings bringing them down with her. Sophie giggled and Jamie squirmed.

"Stop squirming Jamie, we agreed on 8 so now we sleep for a little bit more." She closed her eyes to end the conversation. Jamie begrudgingly did the same.

The next they all awoke was to Y/n's alarm set at 8 o'clock. Y/n reached out for the alarm and tapped it to shut it off. She sat up and looked at the two kids on either side of her. Both of them sat up with yawns.

"Alright you two, go get dressed and then we can go play." The pair of siblings quickly scrambled off her bed with Abby following closely behind.

A small smile made its way onto Y/n's face. She got up and walked over to her closet and dresser. She quickly pulled on a pair of dark high-waisted skinny jeans with little flowers painted on the thighs. Y/n grabbed her favorite shirt next, a long-sleeved black crop top with thumb holes.

With not much time to get ready she didn't bother much with her makeup just doing her eyebrows before quickly brushing through her H/c hair. Y/n put on her white beanie and grabbed her satchel, throwing in her sketchbook, her pencil case, her phone, and headphones.

She went downstairs and saw her younger siblings putting on their coats. Y/n grabbed an apple from the kitchen to at least have something to eat before going out. She took bites as she watched her siblings.

Her mother walked in from the hallway and smiled at the trio.

"Getting ready to go out and play in the snow?"

"Yeah, I figured we'd all play in the yard together before Jamie goes off with his friends." Y/n told her.

Their mom nodded before going into the kitchen.

Y/n put a light coat on and threw the apple core away.

She looked at her younger siblings, "Ready?"

They both eagerly nodded and they went outside and played for a bit. We all went back in after an hour for some hot cocoa.

Y/n put their cups in the sink to clean later. She followed Jamie back out the door. She wasn't going to hang out with Jamie and his friends but she'd be in the area to keep an eye on them just to make sure they don't get into any trouble.

Jamie sat on a bench by the road and flipped through his book. I just sat on the porch steps. I figured he was waiting for his friends and sure enough they started walking by.

Caleb, one of the twins, cheered, "All right! Yeah! Whoo hoo!"

Claude, the other twin, also yelled, "Snow day!"

Jamie dropped his book and ran up to them, "Wait up, Are you guys coming to the egg hunt Sunday?"

Caleb scoffed, "Uhh yeah dude, free candy!"

Claude spoke up next, "I hope we can actually find the eggs with all this snow."

Some of the kids seemed to get a bit worried about that. I smiled and picked up Jamie's book which he eagerly swiped from me. I chuckled.

"It says here that they found BigFoot hair samples and DNA! In Michigan! That's like super-close!" Jamie exclaimed. He was always excited about stuff like that. The unknown. The legends.

Claude playfully rolled his eyes, "Oh here we go again."

Jamie quickly replied, "You saw that video too Claude, he's out there!"

Caleb chimed in, "That's what you said about Aliens."

Claude was next, "And the Easter Bunny."

I perked up at that. Of course the Easter bunny was real.

"Wow. The Easter Bunny's real!"

"He's not wrong," I backed Jamie up.

"SEE! Even Y/n believes in him." Jamie pointed at me.

Claude shook his head, "Come on. You guys believe anything."

Sophie had come out at some point in our conversation and had been standing on the porch listening. At the mention of the Easter bunny she got excited. She started hopping down the stairs yelling Hop. This got Abby excited who jumped down from behind her and knocked Sophie down. She started to cry a bit.

Jamie quickly called for mom. "MOM! Sophie fell again!"

Mom came out and comforted Sophie. I saw Jamie's hat next to her.

Claude spoke, "So are we going sledding or not?"

Before Jamie could reply mom said his name. "Jamie, hat?"

She came over and put his hat on his head while saying, "You don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose."

Jamie was visibly confused, "Who?"

Even I had almost forgotten about the character. It's not like he's notoriously known either. If the Easter Bunny's real who's to say he's not?

I was called out of my thoughts by mom's response, "No one honey. It's just an expression." Jamie seemed fine with that response and went off with his friends. I looked around, I could've sworn I heard someone yell.

I followed because I'd promised mom I'd keep an eye on him. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something but I just brushed it off. At least until Jamie got pelted in the back of the head with a snowball.

He grunted and quickly turned around with a gleam in his eyes. "Okay who threw that? Was it you Y/n?!"

My eyes widened, "What no!" I laughed as he threw a snowball at Pippa and then one at me. I ducked before it hit me. Sometimes it sucks to be tall. You're a bigger target.

Pippa gasped in betrayal, "Jamie Bennett! No fair!"

"You struck first!"

It turns into a full out war. Snowballs are flying left and right. Some I don't even know who threw or where they came from. Snowballs seem to just be appearing out of nowhere. But hey I'm not complaining. Unlimited ammo.

Everyone was laughing until someone hit Cupcake. But who names their kid cupcake? I mean, come on. The young girl seemed to growl as she angrily turned around.

Pippa seemed surprised, "I hit Cupcake."

"You hit Cupcake." Monty said.

Claude asked, "You hit Cupcake."

"Okay we get it! She hit Cupcake." I quickly said as them repeating it was starting to get annoying.

My eyes widen almost comically as she's hit again.

Caleb gasped in shock as Cupcake was hit again, "Did you throw that?"

That, I know, came out of nowhere. No one had a snowball in their hand so who threw it? Y/n looked around trying to see if someone new had joined in. I blinked a few times but nothing. Huh. weird. I thought I saw something blue.

Pippa and Claude both denied having thrown it. We all held our breath waiting to see what she would do. I know being scared of a little kid is stupid but come on! She growled! It's valid!

Everyone sighed in relief as she laughed and the war resumed. Jamie fell onto his sled and started zooming away. We all called his name. We chased after him.

Pippa called out, "That's the street Jamie!"

Oh god, don't tell me he's gonna get it. I started running faster. Jamie yelled as he turned. Pedestrians jumped out of his way yelling to watch out. Again, I thought I saw something blue next to him. But what could it be?

Jamie screamed as he went up a ramp. He landed on a snowbank in front of a statue. The group of us weren't too far behind.

Jamie quickly popped up and started talking fast, "Woah ho ho! Did you guys see that? It was amazing! I slid- I did a jump! And- and I slid under-" A couch slid into him and knocked Jamie over again. I gasped.

Everyone gasps when Jamie hops back up seemingly fine.

"Look! A tooth" Nevermind. I sighed in exasperation as the kids crowded around him. Oh god. How am I going to explain this to mom!?

"Dude, that means cash!" Claude stated.

Jamie's eyes lit up at that, "The Tooth fairy. I gotta put this under my pillow!"

As they were talking I was still thinking about the weird things I saw today. Snowballs coming from thin air, Jamie sliding down ice being untouched, the blue thing. Then I thought back to what mom was talking about. Jack Frost.

I looked up at the sound of a voice I didn't know.

"Oh wait a minute, come on- Hold on, hold on! What about all the fun we just had? That wasn't the Tooth Fairy, that was me!" The kids walked through him. My eyes couldn't get wider. "What's a guy gotta do to get a little attention around here?"

He turned around and we made eye contact. Jamie also turned around not seeing me with him.

I held eye contact with the boy as Jamie called out for me, "Come on Y/n! Let's go slowpoke!"

I nodded and jogged past the boy frozen in shock to catch up with Jamie. I glanced back once to see the boy watching us with narrowed eyes before flying away.

I had to be hallucinating. People can't fly. But Jack Frost could, couldn't he?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 784 8
After Bunny yells at him, and the guardians turn their back on him, Jack searches for the one person he knows would never turn his back on him. The o...
9.4K 279 13
How did it happen? ~He met you by chance one night, and no matter how hard you try, you can't escape him. Even though you say you don't really belie...
469K 15.4K 53
❄ Born out of twigs and leaves she had to stop her worst enemy. Follow her story together with her fellow guardian friends at a big adventure. We hum...
2.1K 43 10
Rise of the guardians bunnymund x dia de los muertos reader