Royal Rebel •Harry Hook• Desc...

By The_Huntress_17

Rosabella is Ben's younger sister and as the only girl and princess at that her parents have always had high... More

[2] Girls Night
[3] Blowing This Popsicle Stand
[4] Once Upon A Dream
[5] Kingnapping
[6] It's Going Down
[7] Saved By A Pirate
[8] Crashing Cotillion Pt.1
[9] Crashing Cotillion Pt.2
[10] Something There
[11] Scarred Mind And Body
[12] Sharing His Story
[13] No Longer Safe
[14] From Two Different Worlds
[15] Aftermath
[16] VK Day
[17] Last Minute Addition
[18] Adjustment Period
[19] Party Crasher
[20] Hey Ho Back To The Isle We Go
[21] Curses Are Made To Be Broken
[22] Searching For The King
[23] All Out In The Open
[24] Saving Auradon
[25] Saying Goodbye
[26] Getting Some Answers
[27] Break This Down

[1] Dress To Impress

6.1K 71 12
By The_Huntress_17

🌹Rosabella🌹

"Are you crazy?!" Ben exclaims as I follow him into his office. "Oh, c'mon! Why is it so bad?! Just teach me!"

"No, Mom will kill me if she finds out," he says as he shucks off his jacket and tosses it into his desk chair. "Who's gonna tell her? I'm not gonna. Please, Ben! Please!" He shakes his head, turning to look at me only to groan when he sees the look I'm giving him.

"Stop, Rosabella. That pouty face may work on Dad, but it doesn't work on me. You can't just bat those eyelashes of yours and expect me to do whatever you want. Especially, when you know Mom wouldn't approve." He starts sifting through the mess of paperwork on his desk and I make a noise of frustration.

Ever since Ben became King I can't seem to get him to spend anytime with me. I know being a King is a huge responsibility, but even Dad always seemed to find time to spend with me growing up. "God, would you just stop and look at me!" Hearing the frustration and sadness in my voice made him pause and look up at me.

His already kind expression softens into an even gentler one. "It's ridiculous that I have to make an appointment to spend time with my own brother!"

"I know and I'm sorry. I've just been really bu—"

"Busy, I know. But if you can find time to spend with Mal you should at least be able to find time to spend with me. You know, your sister." He exhales and sets the paper down on his desk. "Why do you want me to teach you fencing anyway? You're a princess and I don't see us going to war anytime soon."

"Besides the fact that learning to fight is essential isn't it obvious that I just want to spend some time with you? I miss my brother." He gives me a smile and nods in understanding. "I miss you too." I smile happily and he grins.

"By the way I like what you've done with your hair. Mal do that for you?" I nod as I grab a couple strands to catch a glimpse of the dark auburn streaks that are now in my normally brunette hair. "Yeah. Good, right?"

"Very. I doubt Mom will think so." I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "Listen, Rosabella, I know that Mom is a little… overbearing sometimes—"

"A little?" I question as I fiddle with the rings on my fingers, twisting the rose ring around as I can practically hear her disapproving words already. "You know what I mean. You know she means well and how much she loves you. You just got to try your best. It may not always be easy, but just try. Okay?"

"I'll try if she tries."

"I guess that's the best I'm gonna get."

"So, will you teach me?" He sighs again and looks up at me as I give him my best smile. He chuckles and shakes his head. "Mom is gonna kill me."

"Only if she finds out. Besides you're king now and they rarely ever visit the campus unless it's a formal event. She'll never have to know." 

"I hope you're right. Fine, I'll teach you."

"Yes!!" I clap with happiness as I jump in place. "But not today, I have a meeting later. We'll start tomorrow after school." I nod and race around his desk throwing my arms around him in a loving hug. "Thanks, Ben!"

"Don't thank me yet," he says after a chuckle and pats my arm. I pull away and give a beaming smile. "I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun hanging out again." He nods in agreement and I wave goodbye when I realize I need to get going.

"See you at home, your majesty." He shakes his head with a smile and waves goodbye. "See you later, Princess Rosabella." I leave and exit the building only to get blinded by multiple flashes of light. I quickly shield my eyes against the harsh flares as a chorus of voices rise up, hurling multiple questions at me.

"Princess! Princess! Give us a moment, please!" I hear a woman call above the rest and I groan in discomfort as they crowd me, shoving mics and cameras in my face. I'm frozen with shock since the media never payed much attention to me half the time since they're too busy invading my brother's privacy. Honestly, I'm shocked they even know who I am.

"How do you feel about your brother dating a Villain Kid?!"

"Are you happy for your brother or do you resent his choice of his lady of the court?"

"Do you think it was a good idea to allow Villain Kids in Auradon?"

"Hey!" Two bodies shield me from the reporters and my eyes get a much needed break from those flashing lights. I glance at my rescuers and recognize Jordan and Jane as the ones guarding me. "You've already been warned once before by the headmistress, leave! You're trespassing," Jordan says calmly but with clear anger in her voice.

"Y-yeah! Leave her alone." Jordan turns and wraps her arm around me, leading me away from them towards the school while Jane shields me from the other side, shooing the reporters away as if they were rowdy children. "Thanks, girls. I was starting to get dizzy from all those bulbs flashing in my face like that."

"No problem, Rosa. It's our job to protect you from those vultures." She winks at me while Jane makes a noise of agreement. "Yeah, we'll always have your back." I smile gratefully and chat with them while we walk. "So, Rosabella, has anyone asked you to Cotillion yet?"

I nod my head and they both gasp with excitement, although Jordan is more low key while Jane is extremely bubbly, but it's what I love about her. "Who?! Don't leave us hanging!"

"Bobby Hood."

"Whoa, son of Robin Hood. Interesting."

"Did you say yes?" Jane asks with eyes full of curiosity. I shake my head and their eyes widen in shock. "What? Why? Are you planning on going with someone else?"

"I'm not sure I'm even gonna go." They gasp and even Jordan is starting to look worried. "Why?"

"You have to! You have to support your brother and Mal! This is a big deal!"

"I don't do big gatherings. I'd much rather curl up in my bed and read a book. Besides, I'm not a girly girl either. Dresses make me feel uncomfortable, like everyone will stare at me."

"Well, there's a reason for that, Rosa." I look up at Jordan with an arched brow, silently asking her to explain. "It's because you're beautiful! Of course people will stare at you!"

"Jordan's right!" I shake my head and cross my arms as I put one foot in front of the other. "I don't like being the center of attention unless there's a pretty good reason for it. It's one of the reasons why I'm thankful that Ben was born before me. Trust me, if I was made Queen I'd be a complete wreck."

"Hey, enough bad mouthing yourself! I'll have none of that while I'm here. First, you're going to Cotillion and we will be there to support you and even hide you if necessary. Second, you know your mother will not be happy to hear you skipping such an important event just cause you're too shy to deal with it."

"I'm not shy!" I snap at her and she chuckles with amusement, sharing a look with Jane. "You're shy."

"Yeah, you bailed on your own birthday party because someone publicly announced that they had a crush on you," Jane says with a playful tone and my cheeks warm at the memory. "I was twelve!" Jordan laughs and squeezes my shoulders in reassurance. "Still, that just proves how much of an introvert you are. Which isn't a bad thing, but it wouldn't kill you to step out of your comfort zone for one night."

"Fine, I'll go. Let's just stop talking about this."

"Yay!" Jane exclaims and I can't help but smile at her actions. We finally enter the school and my eyes widen when I find Evie standing across from me almost like she'd been waiting for us. "Well?"

"She said yes!" Jordan nods in agreement and they push me towards the blue haired VK. "Great! Let's go!" I yelp when she grabs my wrist and starts dragging me away. I look at my best friends over my shoulder and glare at them. They set me up.

Jordan waves goodbye while Jane gives me an apologetic smile. "What are you doing?!"

"If I don't fit you for a gown then you'll be dancing in your PJs." She yanks me forward and I yelp as I almost trip over myself. Finally, she reaches a door that said Evie's4Hearts and opens it, pulling me inside. Doug turns in his seat at the desk covered in designs and fabric flashing me a welcoming smile.

"Okay, I already have a design sketched out and all sewn up. I just need your opinion on it." She leads me inside and heads for the rack of dresses, pulling out a golden yellow one. She turns around and holds it out to me. I gasp softly when I see it and the ghost of a smile appears on my face.

The skirt is brushing the ground and it's got a white lace design on the top half making the shape of a sleeveless tee to cover your skin. It's so simple and elegant that I feel like I wouldn't stand out among the other AKs. I wouldn't feel out of place. "I'm going to take your shocked silence as a good thing."

I nod to show she's right as I skim my fingers over the fabric. "It's beautiful, Evie."

"So, try it on then." She hands it over and points to the dressing room. I head inside and begin removing my jean jacket, yellow camisole, washed out jeans with subtle rips at the knees, and kick off my yellow and white sneakers. I carefully slip inside the dress, sliding my arms through the lace armholes and reach behind myself to pull the zipper all the way up.

I take a deep breath and leave the room. Evie and Doug turn around to see. The beautiful VK immediately gasps and places her hands over her heart as a smile spreads across her face. "Absolutely breathtaking." I smooth down the dress' skirt and feel shy under their gaze. "Really?"

"Come see for yourself." She takes my hand and gently pulls me towards the full length mirror in the corner. She parks me in front of it and for a minute I was completely speechless. I've worn dresses before, but most of them were the ones my mother bought me and forced me to wear on formal occasions.

They were always jewel encrusted or flashy in one way or another. It just never felt like me. It always felt like it was meant for someone else. Someone better than me. But as I stare at myself that's what I see. "It's me."

"Hmm-mm. You're gorgeous!" She gathers my brown and red hair in her fingers, pulling it to the right side of my neck so the left side is exposed. "Your necklace is beautiful," she compliments and my fingers immediately come up to touch it as I remember when my mother gave me this.

It's a golden pendant that resembles rose vines studded with six diamonds spread out from each other. "It was my mother's. She said father gave it to her when they got married. She gave it to me when I turned fifteen."

"Well, it's very lovely and it goes perfectly with the dress. Oh, you're going to be the Belle of the ball." I laugh at her terrible joke and she smiles widely as she squeezes my shoulders excitedly. "It's perfect. Thank you, Evie. How much?"

"On the house."

"Oh, no, I couldn't—" She motions for me to stop talking so I do. "Yes, you can. I don't need your money, I've got plenty of it. This is a gift. Just promise that you'll be there, okay? You and Ben are practically family to us. We really want to see you there."

I stare into her hopeful expression and sigh in defeat before nodding. "Fine. I'll be there." She squeals and claps excitedly making me smile. "It's going to be so much fun! I can't wait. Okay, so I'll deliver this to you the day of Cotillion."

"Sounds good." I head into the dressing room to change back into my normal clothes. I put the dress back on the hanger and then leave the room, handing it back to her. "Okay, so we have Ally and Jordan to do today and then tomorrow is Ruby and the next slot after that is free so whoever wants it can have it," Doug announces to Evie as she hangs the gown back on the rack. 

"Perfect." Evie turns back to me and I give her a grateful look. "Thanks for the dress, Evie. You didn't have to." She taps my chin with her leather clad hand and gives me a serious look. "I was happy to do it. Anything you need, fashion or girl talk, I am here for you. Okay?"

"Understood. Thanks again. I'll see you tomorrow." She waves goodbye and I wave too before leaving. I jog up the steps and make my way to my dorm. "Hey, Rosabella," AKs call as I pass and I give them waves along with smalltalk. Eventually, I reach my room that I share with Jane and open the door, closing it behind me.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. An excited bark broke me from my thoughts and I look down with a smile. The golden retriever puppy sits in front of me with those big brown eyes. "Hey, Briar, miss me?" She barks and jumps around excitedly. I giggle and reach down to scratch behind her ear.

"I missed you too." I shuck off my jean jacket and hang it off my desk chair before taking off my sneakers. I grab my school bag and take it over to my bed. Briar, who had been following my every move, jumps onto my bed and wriggles into my lap even though she knows I'm trying to do something.

I smile fondly and stroke her head lovingly. I get my homework out and complete it the best I can with a dog in my lap. Once I'm done I put my stuff away and get under the covers with Briar curled up against my stomach. I kiss the top of her head and listen to her gentle noises, tail thumping quietly against the comforter.

Briar was a birthday gift from Ben and I thank him almost every day for her. She's so sweet and the greatest companion I could have asked for. Whenever I'm stressed out from a bad day all I need to do is cuddle with this little bundle and all my problems are pushed to the back of my mind.

The door opens and Jane strolls in chatting on the phone with someone talking about Cotillion decorations. "Yeah, you got it?" There's a moments pause before she smiles and nods even though the person on the other line can't see it. "Great. Bye." She hangs up and looks over at me.

"Someone's de-stressing." Briar licks at my cheek and I giggle at the sensation. I push her back and scratch the underside of her jaw, pressing kisses to her cheek. "Nothing helps me relax more than this adorable little bundle of cuteness!" Jane smiles and nods in agreement, leaning down and petting Briar's back.

"You shouldn't worry too much, Rosabella. Cotillion will come and go before you know it and you'll see that you had nothing to stress about."

"Heh, maybe you're right." Knocking catches our attention and we turn to Lonnie who's standing in the doorway. "Dinner time." I jump out of bed, calling Briar to follow me, taking her almost everywhere with me. Except for class of course. Fairy Godmother wouldn't be very happy about that.

And as long as Briar doesn't cause any trouble I can take her anywhere with me during my leisure time. "Come on, Jane!" She laughs as she hurries to catch up with me. Lonnie giggles in amusement before catching up with us. Maybe Jane's right about Cotillion. And Evie's right too. Letting loose for one night won't kill me. Maybe it'll even be fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 639 23
A Descendants and Carlos de Vil x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Carlos de Vil and this story takes pl...
38.4K 775 18
Princess Daisy, younger twin sister of Prince Benjamin and the future-royal-advisor to her to-be-king brother. Having lived all her life in her paren...
54.9K 772 20
Finally! Evil is gone from Auradon and now the people from the Isle of the Lost are free! Mal and Ben are engaged and soon to be the king and queen o...
1.6K 30 12
𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄... Ben's fraternal twin sister is facing soon-to-be Queen responsibilities, but it becomes too much for her because she...