Paradise on earth

Von XREADERBOOKS

Y/N Routledge was just an ordinary girl from the wrong side of the island in North Carolina, school is out an... Mehr

1. Pilot
2. The Lucky Compass
3. The Forbidden Zone
4. Spy Games
5. Midsummers
6. Parcel 9
7. Dead Calm
9. The Bell Tower
10. The Phantom
11. The Gold
12. The Heist
13. Prayers
14. Homecoming
15. The Darkest Hour
16. My Druthers
17. The Bonfire
18. The Cross
19. Trapped
20. The Coastal Venture
21. Poguelandia

8. The Runway

1.1K 21 10
Von XREADERBOOKS

You walk up slowly to where the hot tub was last night knowing that's where you'd find Pope, Kie, and JJ. You mulled over Rafe's offer before you had left after the heated moment, "Hey!" he called out to you.

You pause and turn to hear him out, "I'm staying over at this place on this part of the island, the people that own it are gone for the summer so we'd be alone. Come over?"

You responded with an "I'll think about it," and you did. You had no idea what went through your brain when kissing Rafe, it wasn't your brain but your body. Traitor.

The guilt you felt had a JJ-sized hole in your chest, one that will not be filled any time soon you were sure of that. This morning had been a mistake you would not be making more any time soon, so with that thought, you rid your mind of any thoughts of taking Rafe up on his offer.

"Y/N!" Kie ran up to you giving you a quick hug, "What took you so long?"

"Got caught up with something, what's going on here?"

"We're just cleaning up a bit before John B shows up," She shrugged. You caught JJ's gaze from where he was sitting on the edge of the jacuzzi.

"Hey, beautiful!" He waved you over, you went over to him leaning against the expensive square JJ bought.

"Hey, J. Feeling better?"

"Yeah, it was nothing. Bed felt empty when you left though," He said. The memory of last night made you blush. You brushed off his comment with a light laugh, "Didn't think you'd miss me that much."

He stopped what he was doing tilting his head to look at you with something you couldn't decipher, "You have no idea." He shook his head, "You know where John B's at? He's been MIA."

"Not a clue--" As if JJ had summoned him with his words, John B was speed walking with a clenched jaw all the way inside the chateau. He ignored all of your comments on his presence, your group had followed him into the house.

"You all right, man?"Pope asked him, he rummaged through drawers in the living room until he caught sight of what it was he was looking for.

"What are you looking for?" Kie looked confused. He didn't answer them nor JJ when he asked, "What's going on?" John B flipped the couch's pillows, taking out JJ's gun.

"John B what do you need the gun for?" You looked at your brother in shock, he was the main 'don't use the gun' activist and suddenly he turned violent when JJ approached him demanding him to talk to you. John B shoved JJ harshly onto the pullout.

"John B chill!" You yelled at him.

"What are you JJ now?" Pope blocked his way and was then pushed into the dining table.

"Are you okay?" Kie checked on Pope as you ran after him.

"John B what the hell are you doing?" You shouted after him, he was now on JJ's bike starting it up.

"Ward knows about the gold, he killed my dad!" He didn't wait for you guys to respond, leaving you four standing in shock.

According to John B, Ward Cameron had killed your father, you knew that John B wouldn't say that if it wasn't true. John B was the one who couldn't handle your dad's death always denying that he was dead and that he was only missing. For him to say that Ward killed your father must have been true and you don't know what to do with that.

Kie, Pope, and JJ chased after him but it didn't make John B stop. You stay there in shock trying to process his words and putting things together to make them make sense. The questions, how? and why? flourished around in your head.

A hand on your shoulder made you flinch, "You okay?" Kie observed your face.

"I-I- No, I'm not okay. What the hell are we going to do?"

"Do you think John B's going to kill Ward?" Pope came from behind Kie to ask. You shook your head no, but you honestly couldn't tell if he was going to kill Ward that just wasn't who your brother was. Granted, you hadn't bonded with John B as much over the past few weeks, and with everything going on you wouldn't be surprised if he'd finally snapped. Honestly, a dark part of you hoped he did.

"Doubt it, but shit I wouldn't blame him." JJ huffed and was quickly shouted at by Kie, "JJ!"

"What, If I were John B I fucking would!"

Pope glared at JJ, "This is helping anything. Now Ward knows about the gold and we have to come up with a new plan."

"We don't do anything 'till John B is back, okay?" You announced. "We need to regroup, later on, figure out what we're gonna do, pray that Ward doesn't touch the gold, and hope that John B doesn't do something stupid."

"Showing real leadership skills there, Princess." JJ winked at you with a smirk.

"Thanks, I try." You gave him a weak smile, Kie coughed "You guys have the most impeccable timing for flirting, and as much as I'd love to stick around and watch I gotta go to the Wreck to check in with my parents, Pope you need a ride?"

"Yep, Yes I do." Pope shuffled along with her quickly turning to salute you and JJ, "We'll go look for John B later."

"I'll tell you guys if he comes around." You tell them, soon Kie's car drove off into the distance leaving you and JJ standing there.

"I'm gonna head inside and take a quick nap before shit hits the fan," You gesture to the door.

"Yeah, you probably should you woke up pretty early," JJ scratched the back of his neck. "Where'd you run off to?"

You hesitated to form a response, "I told you to get my clothes, What's with the 3rd degree?"

He shrugged, "I know figure eight isn't that close to the cut but I know that it's not far away enough for you to take that long."

"Careful J, you might make me think you actually missed when I was only gone for like an hour."

"So what if I did?"

It was your turn to shrug though you couldn't deny the familiar flutter in your heart, "Then, I'd say you're pretty bold for caring about your best friend's little sister."

"You're more than just my best friend's little sister, Y/N." He stepped closer to you, much like Rafe did earlier.

"Oh really?"

"I mean you're my best friend too," And just when you thought you were getting somewhere. You sighed, "Right."

You backed away, "I'm gonna go take that nap now. You're welcome to come and join me if you want." The words slipped out of your mouth before you could stop them.

"Now who's bold," He chuckled. "It's a tempting offer but I'm afraid if John B doesn't actually kill Ward, he'd kill me for sleeping with you."

Your cheeks flushed, he seemed to now realize what he said and spoke again, "Like next to you, he'd definitely murder me for the other thing too, not that that was what I was thinking-"

"JJ," You stopped his ramble, "I know what you meant."

"Right, yeah." He rubbed along his jaw then pointed to the road with his thumb, "I'm just gonna go. You gonna be okay on your own?"

"Pretty sure I'm good, though my offer still stands."

He laughed then walked away, "See you later, Princess."

~~~

"Pope! Kie! Y/N!" The back door slammed making you jolt awake from your sleep. John B just got home.

"They left a while ago," You yelled out to John B from your room not wanting to get up just yet. Looking out the window it had turned darker than when you had fallen asleep, you must've been asleep for hours. You wondered if he actually did what you all assumed. Curiosity got the best of you as you pad your way out to meet see him with a photo of your father in his hands, John B was visibly stressed with tears flowing down his cheeks.

"I miss you," John B whispered to the photo. You crouched down in front of him, grabbing ahold of your brother's hand. "I miss him too."

He began to sob, you wanted to resist the urge to hug him after the words that were said but decided now was definitely not the time to be petty. Your brother needed you and you needed him no matter how much you wanted to deny it. You wrap your arms around his neck pulling him to you, he returns the hug around your middle, you let his tears fall onto your shoulder. John B wasn't normally this emotional, seeing him cry hurt you. You raise your eyes to the ceiling once the stinging in your eyes came around. One of you needed to be strong here, if you broke down now you were afraid you wouldn't stop.

You release John B out of the hug after his sobbing came to sniffling, you felt like now was a good moment to speak. "I'm sorry I was right about dad," You mentioned the elephant in the room. It was a bitter feeling knowing you were right about something you wanted to be wrong.

John B's hope for your father simply being missing and not dead never fully infected you but having it confirmed reopened the wound.

"You suck at this." He sniffed at your lack of ability to comfort people.

"I just wanted to get that out of the way," Your lips twitched.

"Since we're apologizing..." He drawled. "I'm-well I'm not sorry that I was right about you being stupid for robbing a drug dealer with JJ, but I am sorry about calling you out on the silly schoolgirl crush."

"Yeah, you were being a real dick." You nudged his shoulder, "but you're forgiven. I don't think he or anybody else heard or else I really would've been pissed."

"They wouldn't need to have heard me say that, you're so obvious about your feelings I'm sure Pope and Kie already know." He said with a glint in his eye, "JJ on the other hand needs fucking glasses."

"JB, my feelings for JJ are the past, okay?" You tried to convince, "Since like two years ago, he's just interesting to flirt with."

"That better be all there is to it," John B warned jokingly though you knew he was serious. "JJ's my best friend but you and him together would be... destructive."

You hid your wince, "Way to be supportive."

"There's nothing to be supportive about if there is nothing between you two."

JJ just friend-zoned you so John B didn't have to worry about any destruction happening any time soon if ever. You were over this conversation, an idea popped up in your head.

"Hey, John B?"

"Hmm?"

"Wanna do the wooden boats?" The wooden boats were twigs or pieces of wood that you and John B tied with rope and made mini square boats with. You would put flowers on them and watch them float away on the wooden boats you made. One time you and John B found an injured bird that didn't live for long. You did a wooden boat funeral for the North Carolina native bird.

You slipped on your shoes and made sure to pocket your picture, it had been a while since you made a wooden boat, you remembered you did one a long time ago and left it undone in your father's office. You searched for it quickly, you ignored the flashbacks you got from the last time you were in here hiding from the square groupers. You found it under a table in a cabinet not quite as unfinished as you thought.

You and John B walked to the dock closest to your house, one that you and the other pogues would normally hand out at. You and John B sat side-by-side you set the picture of your father in the wooden boat letting John B lit up a fire in his memory. You sat in silence as you watched it float away.

"I'm sorry you were right too," John B said barely above a whisper.

"It was a lame joke at the moment." Suddenly feeling bad about what you said, moments like these you felt like the older sibling, having to take care of the little sibling who didn't know how to cope with their emotions.

"You must've thought I was crazy," He ran a hand through his hair letting his arms fall to his knees that he had pressed against his chest. "Hell, everyone thought I was crazy at least we know the money isn't a hoax."

"We stood by you anyways," You lifted a shoulder. "They're out looking for you right now actually despite your crazy ass running off like that."

"I was pissed, Still am-" He breathed in deeply, "Sarah doesn't believe me."

"I don't think I would either, it's gonna be tough to hear your dad's a murderer John B."

"I know."

"I'm surprised you didn't kill him." You spoke truthfully, he shot you a 'really' look. "Hey man, you didn't see yourself going all hulk with Pope and JJ. Poor Poopy."

"Yeah for that terrible nickname you gave him," You stuck your tongue out at him.

"So Ward knows, you and your girlfriend broke up, our dad is dead-dead." You blew out air from your mouth, "Definitely paying for everyone's therapy with that money."

"If it's still there, I'm gonna go back to the Crain house tomorrow to check, wanna come with?" He offered. You thought about it for a second, you would go with him but then Rafe's offer popped up. You should see if he knew anything about this.

"I'll pass, I need to run a couple of errands." Dawn was coming up soon, you saw the horizon. "And tomorrow is actually today."

"You've been sneaking off a lot lately," He pushed you lightly with his knee. Alarms went off in your head and you struggled to keep calm, he couldn't know. You didn't know how to lie to him about this.

"Can't blame me for wanting breaks from all this craziness," You laughed it off but you feared it didn't come out naturally.

Thankfully he didn't notice, he put his arm around your shoulder and you let your head lean on his shoulder as you witnessed the sunset.

~~~

You woke up with the sun rays hitting directly on your face, what the hell, you thought. You fell asleep on the dock, you sit up your back hitting the wooden pole. John B was still knocked out on the other side of the dock.

You needed to go before John B asked questions on specifics to where you were headed, debating whether to wake your brother up and bolt but then decided against it. He'll be fine.

You showed up at the front of the house where Rafe had told you he was going to be staying and knocked on the front door, your nerves had you on edge about everything in your surroundings. What if he lied? What if the neighbors say and noticed you weren't a part of this side of the island? What if- the door swung open to a disheveled-looking Rafe.

"Am I interrupting something?" You asked picking at your nails, low-key hoping he said yes so you could leave and not feel guilty for betraying your brother and friends.

"No, no, you're good." He stepped aside to invite you in. You looked around the house that screamed kook. It wasn't the Cameron mansion but still nicer than any place you could afford to live in.

"I thought you weren't going to show," He admitted.

"The sun literally just came up," You pointed out.

"Have you checked the time?" He quirked a brow amused. You furrowed your brows, you thought had a pretty good sense of time but you guessed you were wrong since Rafe handed you his iPhone and it read 11:23 am.

"I don't currently have a working phone," You muttered. "But nonetheless still pretty early."

He led you to a second-floor rounded balcony, beer bottles, a funnel, and a liquor bottle all empty topped off with a bong on the side where on the table in front of the blue couch he sat on. He motioned for you to sit but you were hardly comfortable around the guy, most of your conversations being intense bickering and arguments surrounded by what you would admit to being sexual tension. Up until yesterday morning where some of that tension was released and revealed that you had both been feeling it.

"I'm not going to bite, Angel, unless you want me to." He winked as he leaned back placing his arms around the couch.

"That was gross," A young voice came from behind you. It was wheezie, she twirled around the balcony checking out the place. She placed her bag on the floor next to a single chair beside the couch. Rafe flipped over a magazine that you just noticed of a naked woman, you snorted.

"I'm sorry," He apologized to his sister.

"About the weird flirting or that?" She eyed the magazine. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell anybody."

"Y/N, this is-" He started but you cut him off with a smile, "Wheezie, I know. Crazy to see how much you've grown."

You recalled memories when you were still growing up with Sarah and wheezie was just a small kid. "You're a po-"

"Yes, she's a pogue wheeze," Rafe scratched behind his ear. "Keep this between us, yeah?"

"Uh yeah... sure." She replied suspiciously but you ignored it thinking it was just shock that her brother was actually associating with a person, not from their class. "Crazy how your brother and my sister and now my brother and my sister's boyfriend's sister are- you know what never mind," Wheezy spoke of the irony that was your life.

"Heh, yeah weird." You didn't know what else to say, feeling a bit awkward.

Rafe tried to come up with something, "Did you want some or?" He pointed to the drugs that were on the table.

"Rafe." You widened your eyes at him, "You legit just offered a minor, drugs?"

"Yeah, I'm literally thirteen," Wheezie said with sass, not upset with what her brother just asked.

"Uh..." He looked around awkwardly, you decided to sit on the arm of the chair he was sitting in maybe that'll ease up both of your nerves. You came here for a reason but now you completely forgot why.

He snaked his hand around your waist and pulled you down to sit on his lap instead, you bit back a yelp from surprise. This is new.

"This is a sweet crib, "Wheezie overlooked the view of the marsh and docks from over the balcony. "How did you convince the Glissons to let your stay here?"

"I-uh didn't tell how all right?" He responded packing the bong with weed with one arm still around you. "They're in sun valley all summer, so keep a lid on it, please."

The way he said please made your legs weak, thankfully you were sitting down.

"As long as you let me stay here whenever I want," She sat on the chair to your right.

"Don't you think their neighbors might catch you and snitch?" You asked him.

"Nah, I think I'm good this place is pretty private." He spoke with an undertone in the comment, his eyes on yours. You hoped your skin didn't show the heat that you felt at what you think he implied.

He turned his attention back to the bong and questioned wheezy, "Dad trying to kick you out too?"

You focused on the conversation remembering the situation with Ward. Rafe and Wheezie's dad killed your dad and here you were in the lap of the enemy. You internally groaned, and if you could put your hands on your head you would.

"Worse, I'm officially the least favorite daughter." Wheezie huffed, "Sarah and Dad are going to the Bahamas, and did they invite me? nope."

Rafe paused with the bong, "Wait, they're going to the Bahama house?"

You ignored the fact that they literally had a house in a different country but Ward was going to the Bahamas? That definitely had to mean something. Ward had to have the money by now then, you were so screwed, you and your friends were fucked.

"Yeah, I mean according to Rose, it's business." She confirmed. You knew what this 'business' might mean and now your brain and heart pounded with how messed up this is. You needed to tell John B and the others. "They're all up in some new development and for some super-secret reason they're going to the Bahamas."

Rafe patted you on your thigh for you to get off his lap and you did as quick as the first pat, you were fraternizing with the enemy and your problems were gonna get a lot worse.

You could tell Rafe was pissed by the way he paced around messing with his hair, "I know about like a billion times more about business than she does, what is this?"

"Ugh, we're the black sheep get used to it Rafe," Wheezy commented, mocking and making sheep noises.

"Hey, shut up!" He grabbed her by the wrist and twisted, "Wheezie, I told you to shut up, okay?"

Your eyes widened at how he man-handled his little sister, you thought to step in but Wheezie seemed to be able to handle herself. "Don't tell me to shut up!" She was able to yank herself free from his hold, way easier than you had ever been able to. Maybe it was 'cause deep down you didn't want him to let you go. You shoved the thought away to focus your thoughts on what you needed to.

You technically got what you came here for, you wanted to know if Rafe knew about Ward, the gold, and possibly the murder of your dad but if Rafe didn't know about the Bahamas he couldn't have known about the gold and if Ward was taking Sarah instead of Rafe that means Ward didn't need Rafe's help nor felt the need to include him since he didn't know. Rafe was staying here so he couldn't know about the most recent event with your brother. As for the murder of your father, Rafe couldn't want the attention of his father if he knew his dad was a murderer right?

Wheezy slapped cash at Rafe's chest letting the bills rain like confetti to the ground, "Here, my life savings."

Rafe hurriedly picked up the money from the ground like a beggar, this was the person you wanted to be involved with? you slapped yourself mentally. What is with you and boys with daddy issues?

He sat with the now wad of cash on the couch, "I'll pay you back."

"Whenever." Wheezy shrugged.

"I know this looks really bad right now and everything, but I'm gonna get my shit together, okay?" He sounded like he really wanted to mean it. "I will, I'm gonna get it tight, like real tight."

"Okay, well good to hear," Wheezie nodded then packed her bag. "I gonna head out, busy schedule and all. It was cool seeing you, Y/N."

You nodded at her, the silence after she left clouded the air heavily. Now that you got what you came for (way easier than you had expected thanks to the youngest Cameron), now what?"

"So I guess now you have proof of what I told you," Rafe said mentioning what he told the first time he opened up to you.

"It-it's pretty fucked up, maybe you don't know the whole story." His eyes snapped up to yours, you realized now that it didn't sound the way you meant it. Out of context, he was going to think you were defending his father not knowing that that was far from the truth and the truth was far worse. You were not gonna be the one to tell him the truth about everything. Then again when were you telling the truth these days?

You sighed, "I mean maybe he just wanted Sarah there first knowing she'd be the hardest to convince to go on a trip and he'll come back for you guys."

He didn't seem convinced but by the look in his eyes, he couldn't care less as he stalked toward you with a predatory gaze. When he reached you your breath hitched, he slipped his hand to your waist making his way to your hip, his other hand lifted your chin to meet his gaze. He let his thumb swipe your bottom lip.

"I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss," He confessed. "I've been waiting forever to do that, Angel."

You couldn't form thoughts in your brain when he said that, so you asked the question that had been running through your head for a while, "Why do you always call me Angel?"

"Because the first time I ever saw you, you looked like an Angel," The words fell off his lips like he didn't have to think twice about it. You guess that's why you gave in to temptation, lifting yourself on tiptoes to press your lips on his.

Just like before the kiss was hot and heavy, you ran your hands along his neck and hair, he moved his hands from your hips to your ass and lifted you by your thighs to carry you. Your legs wrapped around his waist giving you two no space from each other. Your lips ran against his, his tongue swiped across your bottom one then bit into it making you whine, he bit a little harder causing you to gasp and allowing his tongue entrance into your mouth. Your tongue and his then danced around each other making the kiss even hotter, you panted when he pulled his lips from yours he kissed from your cheek to your jaw, then your neck. He bit and licked and kissed, one spot that had you rolling your body against his.

He groaned into your ear and continued to attack your neck as he walked somewhere into the house.

"Where are we going?"

"Bed." He stated simply and your heart pounded in your chest and with his so close you were sure he could feel it.

Your eyes opened and you noticed your surroundings, this must be the room he was sleeping in, the bedsheets weren't made and his belongings were sprawled out on the floor. He dropped you on the bed and crawled on top of you, he kissed you softly this time.

"I want you," His voice was hoarse. You never heard those words come out from anyone's lips, you had maybe one boyfriend while you were trying to get rid of your feelings for JJ but it only lasted 3 months. Not enough time for anything like this to happen, especially since you were only a sophomore.

You thought carefully before you answered, virginity was never something you cared about, it was a concept that was created by old white men who wanted to control women and their worth. You'd be lying if you didn't hope it was JJ who you gave it to. That was never gonna happen and it was now or never.

"Then have me," You gasped as he grazed his hand down your lower area.

~~~

You didn't know if you regretted it or not yet, you pulled your shirt and shorts on after 45 min in the room. You ran your hands through your hair to make it look less messy. Rafe was gentle yet rough at the same time, you could tell he was holding back, you were thankful for that.

"We need to go." He spoke roughly, as he tugged on his shirt.

"Yeah," You thought you were gonna be the one to leave since you needed to get back to your friends. They were no doubt wondering where you are. "Where?"

"The airstrip."

Oh, this was not gonna be good.

Having sex with Rafe might've calmed him down for a while but it didn't stop him from fuming all the way to the airstrip. You tried to make an excuse to leave but he wasn't having it. He refused to let you out of his sight, he muttered something about being able to prove he could change and be a good son.

The regret you spoke of wasn't completely set but your bad vibe meter is going off right now. A more sane part of you was thinking how stupid you could be to think you would be able to change Rafe. And the overruling part wanted to see how this would play out to prove the other part wrong.

You and Rafe sped into the airstrip with small problems that Rafe got rid of, but the moments Rafe pulled out a gun you were questioning everything. JJ had a gun and that was a red flag right there but you knew you could trust him, Rafe on the other hand was a complete wild card.

"Stay in the car," He ordered you but you sure as hell weren't going to listen. Shouts were heard on the other side of the plane as you came closer. Rafe glared at you for not following his demand to stay in the car while he was gonna do god knows what with the gun, you flipped him off. You stalked closer and closer to the shouting.

Once around the plane, Sheriff Peterkin was pointing her gun at Ward Cameron who was kneeled down with hands behind his head. Sarah and John B were clutching at each other, Rafe loaded the gun and you shook your head at what you thought he was going to do but he wasn't looking your way.

A gunshot echoed throughout the open land, and a hand flew to your mouth when you screamed. "No!"

Sheriff Peterkin fell to the ground, bleeding through her sternum. "Rafe, what did you do?" Ward whispered.

"I saved you, Dad." He spoke with a smile and tears in his eyes, "I saved you," He directed his gun now to your brother.

And that's when you knew, you were wrong.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

306K 10.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
814K 37.7K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...