Shade Of Love

By Faithskyyx96

**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on t... More

1 | The Meet
2 | Until Next Time
3 | Plans
4 | The Beach Day
5 | History
6 | Reality
7 | Me & You
8 | The Aftermath
9 | Therapy
10 | The Weekend
11 | The Weekend Part II
12 | The Weekend Part III
13 | Let's Be Real
14 | Into The Deep
15 | Sinderella
16 | The Rift
17 | Pick A Side
18 | Home To Mama
19 | Heartbreak
20 | Sextasy
21 | I Think I Love You
22 | Reunited
23 | Anita
24 | Secrets
25 | Monday
26 | Sensuality
27 | Unforgettable
28 | There Will Be Drama Part I
29 | There Will Be Drama Part II
30 | Time
31 | No Games
32 | Business
33 | Accountability
34 | The Truth
35 | Girls' Night
36 | Purpose
37 | Scarlett
38 | Warning
39 | The Impossible
40 | Maybe Baby
41 | Confirmation
42 | Final Warning
43 | Safer
44 | Irreplaceable
45 | Panic
46 | Big Moment
47 | Spill The Beans
48 | Exposed
50 | Trouble
51 | Home
52 | Let's Get Married .. Part 1
53 | Let's Get Married .. Part 2
54 | That Time Of Year
55 | Merry Christmas
56 | Loose Ends
57 | Questions
58 | Karma
59 | At Last
New Book

49 | Path

1.3K 72 29
By Faithskyyx96

Chapter 49 : Path

"What do you mean you can't do this, really Faith?," Omar asked. His voice was stern and saddened.

"I'm not trying to completely change everything in my life so suddenly, like no."

"Nobody said everything was changing, just a few things. For the safety of you and our child."

"I don't want to quit working because I love and trust you but at the end of the day I was taught if you give a man the power to feed you you give him the power to starve you. With me becoming a first time mom I don't want to put me and my child in that predicament."

"Why are you thinking that I would even try you on some weak shit like that? I ain't one of them bums or bitch boys you used to," he snapped.

"I didn't say you were Omar."

"You basically just did. Last time I checked I've been nothing short of a good ass dude to you and yeah at first having a kid scared the fuck out of me but I got with it and I'm here, but you have to trust me. I know what's best for OUR child, it's not just you becoming a parent."

"I never said it was, this is just a lot," I replied.

"You don't think me having to beat your ex ass and go to jail for it was a lot? Having to be worried about him harassing you? Come on man," he said, throwing his hand on top of his head.

"I had no control of that."

"You think I had control over Anita? Real shit?"

"I don't know. I just know I beat her ass weeks ago and yet she's still coming back crazier than ever so obviously you didn't handle her," I snapped.

"I thought that would've been enough. I don't get why you just don't trust me, you make it seem like you do but obviously that's a lie."

"This has nothing to do with trust this is about using caution. Last time I upped and turned my life upside down for someone I—."

"You got beat and hurt but once again I'm not him! Don't punish me for what he did!" he yelled.

I gulped and stared at him while tears began to run down my face. I understood the pain I was putting on him with me showing how high up my walls still were but I was just scared. He couldn't truly blame me for that, could he?

"When you figure out what you want to do and learn how to trust the man whose been good to you since day one you know where to find me," he announced.

He pulled on a black leather coat and walked out the front door, slamming it behind him.

Tears continued pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall running down my face. My heart suddenly began to beat louder and became heavier in my chest. I loved Omar. I was just so scared, of everything.

I tried wiping some of the tears off my face and grabbed my phone dialing Ashley's number. She answered quickly per usual, on the second ring.

"Ash, I think I—I think I um, messed up," I sobbed.

"What? What's wrong? What happened? Who do I need to beat up?," she yelled.

"I'm just so—, so um—, I just can't do this," I continued sobbing. I could barely make out a sentence.

"Fuck this I'm on my way stay right there, you home?," she screamed. I could hear her grabbing her keys and running out the door.

"Yes."

"Be there in a bit."

When the line disconnected I put my phone on the counter and grabbed a nearby throw pillow clenching my hands into it. I put my head into it and broke out into tears yet again.

Moments later there was a frantic knock on the door which I knew was Ashley. I opened it up and she immediately ran inside.

"So what's going on? You're pregnant so who do I need to fight? I'll handle it!," she yelled. She threw her hair up into a high ponytail which made me giggle.

"Ugh. It's so much Ash."

"Well tell me because I'm ready for whatever!."

"Me and Omar got into a fight. A big one."

She rolled her eyes and plopped down next to me, "Girl I know damn well you're not in here boohoo crying about a fight with him. You know he's not going anywhere."

"I'm not sure right now, he was so mad Ash," I sniffled.

"Girl. Trev and I have been together over 8 years and I can't tell you how many big fights we had, especially in our first year. Shit happens, doesn't mean it's over," she explained.

I laid my head onto her shoulder and sighed, "I know, this just felt different. Like it was bigger than our other ones."

"It might have been, but again, he loves you. What the hell even happened?."

"I nodded off when we got back home or whatever and when I woke up he was yelling into his phone."

"Yelling at who? The bitch you beat up on the concrete?," she asked.

I laughed, "Yes. The Anita girl."

"She must want another ass whooping, but worse, from me!"

"Ash you have a wedding in a couple months you're not getting into any of my mess," I demanded.

I crossed my arms across my chest and gave her a serious glare. She looked back at me with a "bitch please" look.

"The thing is, you're my best friend. So your mess is automatically my mess and you know I'm a neat freak. The bitch has to be taken out with the trash, for good."

I sighed, "He wants me to move out of the apartment."

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped, "Really?!"

"Yes. That's mostly what this fight was about."

"Hold on. You faught with him for wanting you to move in with him? You do realize you're pregnant with his child and you guys are in a relationship right?," she asked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and smirked, "I know that. I'm just super nervous everything is happening so fast and I started thinking about Jax and how badly that went."

"I can understand the caution but you can't let your past dwell on your future. Jax was a demon and in all reality the warning signs were there, you just didn't want to see them. I'm your bestie, I know."

I nodded my head agreeing with what she'd said. It made me sit and think more about why it had hurt Omar so badly. He'd been my savior, my safe place after dealing with a world of pain. He didn't deserve such a wall up against him.

"You're always right," I sighed.

"I'm a libra, what do you expect? We both are. You know how we are," she laughed.

"Will you come with me to his apartment? I'm kind of scared to go alone, he might not answer me."

She jabbed me in the shoulder, "Girl hush he's gonna let you in, but sure let's go."

We hopped in Ashley's car and drove to the back of the complex where Omar's apartment was. I had her pull into a slot that was right next to his and felt a sigh of relief when I seen his car outside.

"Walk me to the door," I pleaded.

She huffed and rolled her eyes but walked next to me and grabbed onto my arm.

When we approached his apartment door it was slightly open which made me raise an eyebrow, he never left his door open, like ever. I looked at Ashley nervously and grabbed onto her arm tightly as we walked into his apartment.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!," I screamed out.

My heart froze and dropped to my stomach when I looked down and seen Omar on the floor, with blood all over his shirt.

"Baby— you came," he smiled.

He was struggling to talk so I hushed him and held his head in my lap while Ashley called the cops.

"Shh shh baby we're getting you an ambulance right now," I cried.

"I need you to be the best mom ever no matter what happens to me you hear me?," he asked.

I sobbed, "Nothing is going to happen to you you're going to be fine. We need you to be fine."

"The ambulance is on the way, here apply this towel to the wound and put pressure on it," Ashley demanded for me to do.

I grabbed the towel out of her hand and pressed it onto his wound. He'd been shot.

A/N : I hope you guys liked this chapter, don't be too mad at me! Stay tuned! 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 11.4K 74
He kept on staring at me but I ignored him, at least I tried to. He was sitting right beside me and although I was looking at the board I still could...
5.2M 169K 46
In which, a blind business tycoon gets assigned to a nymphomaniac nurse _____________________________________________ Copyright ©️ 2021 ssybahz (Star...
222K 803 4
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
15.3K 1.4K 47
I really want to say that I cried because of how he humiliated me in front of the king. But no, I knew the truth. I liked him and somewhere deep down...