Unexpected life

Od grubb_102

{editing} {major plot holes- plz ignore :)} }Complete- 8th Nov 2021} *disclaimer for 18+* *vulgar language an... Více

Authors note
1- where it all began
2- harsh reality
3- new arrival
4- instead of your daughter
5- just a bullet wound
6- back to square one
7-proposition
8- training time
9- guns and more
10- new life isn't so bad
11- meet and greets
12- On a misison
13- operation daddy leo
14- what i'm made of
15- jealousy jealousy
16- new connections
17- all too familiar
18- The mole
19- confessions
20- A little tipsy
22- Together, momentarily
23- Lost without her
24- bELIve me
25- belated birthday
26- Mother Nature
27- That day
28- Your fault
29- Old habits
30-Mia
31-Christmas eve
32- Karma
33- Unexpected visit
34- Gifts
35- Family
36-Just smut
37- The end but new beginings
38-Bonus chapter #1
39- Bonus Chapter #2
40- Epilogue
Chapter 1- Extended and edited

21- getting to know you

12.5K 182 135
Od grubb_102

Amari's POV:

Something fancy? Fancy. Does he not like my sweats and tshirt? Guess I'm going to have to wear a dress. I can't believe I'm dressing up for a guy.

I really don't want to go to some fancy restaurant. But since I'm told to dress fancy I assume he is. Gosh darn it. As long as I'm with him it should be fun though. Right?

Once I slip on a black dress I grab some heels and head downstairs to meet Leo. When I open the front door he's already standing there leaning against a black sports car in a suit. Gods he looks good.

I walk down the stairs as he opens the car door for me, his eyes never leaving mine . What a gentleman. Once he gets in on the other side and starts the car I ask him

"So where are we going"

"You'll see. And you look stunning Amore"

Butterflies. His compliments are always so genuine and I can see his eyes full of admiration whenever he looks at me. It makes me feel things. Even though I know being pretty is not the rent I pay to exist in this world as a woman. When Leo acknowledges it, I get butterflies, he still looks at me the same even in my sweats.

I know he just complimented me then to avoid answering my question though. He seems nervous. It's cute.

"You nervous?" I question slightly amused because he is always so composed and good at hiding his emotions.

"I don't want to fuck this up" he says and my heart melts. He cares.

Leo let's me plug my phone in and play my music as he speeds down the driveway. 'American boy' starts to play and I sing loudly along, ignoring Leo's smirk on his face. He better not be bullying my singing.

"Want to play 21 questions?" I ask turning my body towards him.

"What's that?" He asks, keeping his eyes on the road. I thought it was kind of self explanatory.

"Well it's simple, we both get to ask each other 21 questions"

He nods and I take that as a yes.

"Ok, I'll go first. Favourite season?"

He pauses to think for a second before responding
"Autumn" I can see him being an autumn guy. Whatever that means

"Why?"

"Isn't it my turn?" I give him a glare and he just smirks.

"Because it shows that beauty can come from things even when they're dying" he finishes and I'm shocked. This man is good with his words. I smile, thankful that he's taking this seriously.

"I like that. Mine's winter." I say leaning closer to him.

"Because of the sweat pants?" He asks slightly amused like I'm so predictable

"Well yes, everyone loves comfy clothes, but winter also means rain, and drinking tea whilst reading and snuggling in your bed" I ramble thinking of how cozy winter can be. I look over to see if Leo is listening and he has the biggest grin on his face.

"I like listening to you talk" he says and I blush. Smooth talker.

"Ok your turn" I say, trying to hide the heat in my cheeks.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" He questions in a serious tone. Why would I be? He's a big teddy bear with a bad attitude.

"Because you haven't given me a reason to be"

"I'm  the mafia don" he state's blankly and I can't help but laugh.

"So? You act all tough and have probably killed more people than I can count but Leo, you're not a bad guy and until you give me a reason. I'll never be scared of you" I say reassuringly

"you're the one person that makes me feel safe," I whisper under my breath.

He rests his hand on my thigh, drawing circles with his thumb and I can't help but smile at the little interaction.

I put my hand on top of his, happy that he's becoming more open and comfortable. I sigh knowing that my next question is going to change that.

"Ok, you don't have to answer this one." I say looking at him nervously.

"What happened to your father...?" I ask cautiously. His hand on the wheel tightens making his knuckles whiten and I regret asking

"Forget I asked—" I begin to say

"He was shot when I was 12" he cuts me off and I feel my heart break for him. I can feel the tears well in my eyes and I quickly blink them away. I give his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Is that when you took over?" I ask, trying not to push him. He nods and I see his hands unclench.
We arrive at a fancy restaurant  and Leo can't get out quick enough.

I shouldn't have brought it up. But I wanted to know why he is the way he is. He rounds the car opening my door.

I step towards him and give him a hug. I feel him stiffen but I don't let go. A few seconds later I feel him relax and he wraps his arms around me.

"Thank you for telling me" I say into his chest. I let go a second later not wanting to push it.

"Ok let's go" I say smiling up at him, he returns my smile reaching for my hand as we make our way in. I interlace our fingers standing closer to him as we enter. I feel so out of place.

I stand beside him looking around at the high class restaurant as Leo talks to one of the servers. She leads us away from the main area and I look up at Leo for an explanation.

Maybe he forgot to book. It was last minute. We are led into an elevator and the lady clicks the top floor. Once the doors open my breath is knocked out of me.

Woah. The top floor has a dark ambiance to it.
As soon as the doors open, glass windows cover the wall displaying the gorgeous views.
Warm lights are displayed sporadically across the roof making it look like a night sky. There is a bar on the left and the whole level is completely empty. I wonder where everyone is? We step out of the elevator and I walk forward still admiring the beauty. It feels so ethereal.

"Do you like it?" Leo asks, watching my reaction as I spin around taking it all in.

"It's beautiful" I walk towards the glass wanting to get a closer look at the view.

Leo pulls out a chair for me at the table that is situated in the centre and I take it. Once he pushes me in, he heads over to the bar.

"A drink?" He questions.

"I don't really want a repeat of last time" I say slightly embarrassed he chuckles, making me a non-alcoholic drink, and pouring himself a glass of whiskey.

"Favourite song?"

"Don't have one" ugh how could he.

"Yours?" His eyes connect with mine and I just
know he cares about me a lot.

"There are so many! My childhood favourite was 'Apologise' and I still love it but I think at the moment it is 'use somebody'" I say in one breath and he chuckles.

"What's your favourite movie genre?" I ask and he sits down across from me.

"Thriller" I knew that one.

"What do you want to do when you're older?"

Oh this one's easy, it's been the same since I was 12.

"Eventually I'm going to save up and run my own cafe. Something small so that you can interact with the customers and get to know them"

He nods in understanding and I smile because he's the first person that hasn't told me that it's too difficult or not stable enough.

"Celebrity crush?"

"Zendaya" he says and I scoff

"That doesn't count, literally everyone has a crush on her!" I defended because she is a literal goddess

"Ok then Blake lively" I nod in agreement

"That's fair"

The elevator dings and the waitress comes in with a plate of finger foods. There is some pastry thing with salmon on it and some other green looking things.

She puts them down on our table and informs us she will be back  in 20 minutes. I thank her and she nods, turning away.

Leo looks at me expectantly and I realise he's wanting me to try some. Shit. I don't want to offend him. I pick up the smallest looking one and put it in my mouth.

The taste instantly hits my tongue and I have to refrain from vomiting. I hate fish. My face scrunches up as I chew it. After three chews I swallow it basically whole.

"That's nice" I say looking at Leo trying not to cringe. I notice he has the biggest grin across his face. I guess it's worth faking it to see him smile.

"I know you hated that" he says, trying not to laugh. Damn guess I wasn't that good at acting.

"C'mon let's go somewhere else."

"Mc Donald's?" I question excitedly

"Whatever you'd like" what a softie. Gods he spoils me. I smile practically running to the elevator.

"Sorry I didn't like the fancy food" he held my hand looking at me

"I prefer Mc Donald's too anyway" I'm glad because I never want to eat whatever that was again.

We exit the building and I see Leo give the waitress a huge tip. He's loaded. I don't think I was supposed to see that. We get back into the car and are speeding off yet again.

Leo's POV:

I wanted to take her on a date and give her the surprise but Eli and Dante were running late so I had to stall. I took her to one of my restaurants to waste a bit of time.

It was adorable watching her pretend to like the food even though I knew she wouldn't. She makes me so fucking nervous, each time she smiles or laughs my heart does a fucking flip.

I asked Eli what kind of things she likes since those two have become best friends and talk about pretty much everything. They're so alike that it's fucking scary.

Eli told me that she likes small gestures and doesn't like being spoiled. Which is kind of fucking difficult because I want to give her the world.

The guys helped me set everything up and are picking up the final thing while I take Amari to Maccas because she's hungry and they need thirty more minutes.

"Did you have any pets?" I ask her as we continue to drive,

"I had a dog named Remme when I was 7 and a stick insect. We also had fish, I had one named Marlin" she goes on and I love how she lights up when she talks about things she likes.

"And we have a dog named Harley, she's a very good girl" so she's a dog person? But she wants a fucking cat?

"Did you have any pets?" She questions and I answer no, she looks slightly disappointed to I elaborate

"I always wanted a blue fish, but my mother thought I wouldn't be able to look after it, and Blake has been begging us to get a pet"

She laughs. I love her laugh

"Why a blue fish? I thought your favourite colour was green?"

I'm shocked for a second. She remembers

"I saw one once in a tank at a restaurant and I thought it looked cool" I say shrugging my shoulders. It was a sick fucking fish. Total badass.

"Do you want kids?"  I look at her to see her reaction and she just looks down and smiles

"I do" she says nodding "do you?" She looks up at me. No, I don't. But with her I'd have five if I could.

"Yeah, I would with you" her cheeks turn bright red and she turns away trying to hide. So cute.

"You'd be a good father" she mumbles and I'm shocked. She always knows what to say it's like she sees straight through me

"You'd make a good mother"  I tell her, she is always looking out for others, I know she would love and cherish our kids with all her heart.

"How many kids would you have?"

"Three."  She says confidently and I can tell she's thought about it.

"You?" I respond two or three not wanting it to seem like I'm just copying her.

We pull up to drive through and I order myself two cheeseburgers and a coke. I turn to Amari and she asks for chicken nuggets.

Once we get our meals I park the car so we can eat our meals. It's so simple yet the smile on her face makes it worth it, and she has no idea that there's more to come.

"Why me?" She asks, suddenly catching me off guard, she avoids looking at me and I can tell she's nervous.

"Because you call me out for my shit, you always focus on the good parts of me making me want to do better and be better for you." She's looking at me now with a soft smile and a sparkle in her eyes

"And you're stubborn as fuck with a heart of gold, you're the only one who makes me feel wanted and loved"  I pause when I see tears begin to pool in her eyes. Fuck I didn't mean to make her sad.

"You make me feel wanted too" she says and I relax into my seat. Could she be any more perfect? We continue to eat in comfortable silence and I'm itching to ask her if she wants to be my girl. mine. I like that.

I finish my burgers and watch her as she hums to herself eating her nuggets peacefully. I wish we could stay like this forever. She makes the most simple things feel perfect.

"What?" She asks and I realise I've been staring at her

"Nothing," I responded, turning back to the wheel, "ready to go?"
She nods, putting our rubbish in the bag.

She thinks we are going home but I have one last thing to show her.

Amari's POV:

Leo continues driving and I realise he's heading the wrong way home. What is he up to?

We pull up next to another car that is parked in an open field with a huge oak tree. We get out of the car and I'm in shock, I've always loved fields and dreamt of going on a picnic date in one. I turn to Leo to see he is already looking at me.

"You didn't think I'd take you to McDonald's drive through for our first date did you?"

I was about to respond when I saw a blanket and basket near the tree. He didn't. Did he? I look back at him with the biggest grin.

"You did this for me?" He nods

"With a little bit of help" he is too precious.

I ran ahead of Leo over to the tree and I can't believe he did all this. There is a plate that is covered with all sorts of food, from fruits to sandwiches, he really went to a lot of effort.

I turn around to thank him and give him a hug to see he is crouched down. This mother fucker better not be proposing right now. He looks up at me with pain in his eyes. Omg is he hurt?

"Leo? Are you okay" I ask, bending down so he's looking at me.

"You're fucking cat just bit me" he's says groaning. My what? He uncurls his arms to reveal the most adorable looking marshmallow.

The kitten looks tiny in his hands, it's so cute. He got me a cat. I can't believe he got me a cat. I can feel the tears pool in my eyes as I look at the little fluff ball.

"You got me a kitten?" I ask, looking at Leo with tears in my eyes.

"I got you a fucking cat and it bit me" it's even better. He passes me the kitten quickly to examine his hand. Big baby.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" I say giving him a hug without squashing my little kitten. I quickly kiss his cheek before going back to admire my cat again.

"Again" he states with a smirk on his face, I just look at him confused until he points to his cheek. Big baby. I roll my eyes and give him another kiss on his cheek. Just as I'm about to connect with his cheek he moves his face so I kiss his lips. Sly. He smiles into the kiss causing me to chuckle at how childish he is.

We go and sit down on the picnic blanket and I can't stop looking at my new cat. It has an adorable grey patch around its nose and ears, with bright blue eyes.

"Is it a boy or girl?" I question

"She's a girl and a white Burmese breed or something" he says clearly not a fan of her.

"Should I name her Momo or Tater tot?" I ask Leo, wanting his input. He shrugs his shoulders avoiding the vicious ball of fluff.

"I'm going to name her Tater tot" I say proudly. Tater tot meows in agreement.

We lay under the tree savouring the moment for hours just watching the clouds go past and enjoying each other's company. I yawn leaning on Leo's shoulder whilst holding Tater tot.

"How many girls have you been with?" I ask out of the blue but it's something that's been bugging me.

"Too many." Is all he says and I have to hide my disappointment. I know he's been with a lot of girls. But I better be the last.

"I'm not proud of it. And I've never actually taken any on a date" he says and I'm kind of shocked that he's never dated. I guess it makes sense.

He moves so he's on his side facing me

"But you're different, I don't just want you for sex. I want to be with you for the rest of my life" I nod knowing he's telling the truth. He always says stuff like that, making me turn red.

"How many people have you been with" shit. I don't want to sound like a loser. But I'm not about to lie to him.

I cough covering my answer.

"What was that?" He says smirking. I sigh

"None" he looks shocked and I lower my head in embarrassment, we are complete opposites. His hand reaches under my chin lifting it up to look at me.

"I guess we're both new to this" he says, looking into my eyes before leaning in and kissing me, I react instantly to his touch. His lips are warm and soft. I love the way they taste, peppermint, mixed with the strawberries we just ate.

He skilfully moves Tater tot away so he's positioned on top of me, not breaking the kiss. His hands grab my waist sliding up my sides, sending tingles through my body.

I pull away from him out of breath, he continues to kiss my neck and I run my hand through his hair. He finds my sweet spot, accidentally letting out a moan

"That's so sexy" he says as he continues to lick my sweet spot. His hands travel over my body making their way down my thighs, one hand slips between my legs, inching closer and closer to my sensitive spot. My body feels hot, reacting to his touch.

I pull him back into a kiss and he swipes my lips, demanding entrance. Our tongues fight for dominance and I let him take it. One of his hands grasp my boob and I arch my back in pleasure.

"We should stop" I say in between kisses "Tater tot is watching" I warn but he continues to caress my boob, leaving a trail of hickeys down my neck. He suddenly pulls away.

"Ok" he says smirking looking at my neck "now everyone knows you're mine" 

"Oh I'm yours now?" I question raising my eyebrows

"Huh I don't remember you asking me" I say smugly looking up at him.

"You seemed keen on it a second ago when I had my tongue in your mouth" why does he alway have to say things that make me blush.

"Will you be mine?" He asks in a serious tone

"Of course" I say, wrapping my arms around his neck in a hug. He pulls me closer so I'm laying on top of him. I lean into his touch burying my face in his neck. I want to stay like this forever.

A/N

She got the cat!!!

I hope y'all liked that chapter, I wasn't too sure about it but oh well.

thank you to everyone who's read it,
I love all of your comments they make me laugh.
Next chapter out tomorrow <33

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

42K 1K 41
Moving in with your best friend is the dream. I get to live that dream. There's only one problem, her cousin, River Martinez. He lives with her too a...
112K 2.2K 58
"Why would you do that for me? We barely know each other?" I say barely above a whisper. "Because I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever s...
32.1K 766 43
MAFIA STORY/ROMANCE/ACTION/ADVENTURE Anthea's life sailed smoothly until the sudden tragedy of her parents' death. Now, she's navigating a path fill...
251K 12.9K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...