Survivor (#1 The Lost Crown S...

By Sri_1864

Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announc... More

Welcome!!
Prologue
Chapter 1:- A New Beginning
Chapter 2:- Down We Go
Chapter 3:- Coming Back to Senses
Chapter 4:- Things We Do for Love
Chapter 5:- Mates
Chapter 6:- First Mistake
Chapter 7:- Confessions and Training
Chapter 8:- Perfect Timing, Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 9:- And Gone is the Blindfold
Chapter 10:- Date??
Chapter 11:- They are Still Around
Chapter 12:- Memorial and Date
Chapter 13:- It's Been Long Enough
Chapter 14:- Back from the Past
Chapter 15:- What Begins in Anger Ends in Shame
Chapter 16:- A New Family
Chapter 17:- The Betrayal
Chapter 18:- To Own Up To My Actions
Chapter 19:- On My Way To Recovery
Chapter 20:- Mending A Few Things
Chapter 21:- Never Too Late To Try
Chapter 22:- A Witch's Potion
CHAPTER 23:- A Little Jealousy Is Not That Bad
Chapter 24:- Looking Over Us
Chapter 25:- A Warning Issued
Chapter 26:- Allies
Chapter 27:- A Sneak Into The Past
Chapter 28:- Now In The Present
Chapter 29:- Turn of Events
Chapter 30:- Vyris To The Rescue
Chapter 31:- Story Time, Minus Popcorn
Chapter 32:- Options and Choices
Chapter 33:- Nobody Touches Her Mate
Chapter 34:- Learning From My Mistakes
Chapter 35:- A Step Towards The Right Direction
Chapter 36:- Annoying Interruptions
Chapter 37:- All Is Not Lost
Chapter 38:- Trying Is All We Can Do Sometimes
Chapter 39:- Mine
Chapter 40:- This Fight Is All Of Ours
Chapter 41:- A Year Older
Chapter 42:- Lineage
Chapter 43:- Becoming One (I)
Chapter 44:- Becoming One (II)
Chapter 45:- Love, Young And Old
Chapter 46:- Haunting Past
Chapter 47:- Truce
Chapter 48:- Another Side of the Story
Chapter 49:- Know The Enemy
Chapter 50:- The Next Step
Chapter 51:- Last Moments of Peace
Chapter 52:- It's Time
Chapter 53:- Infiltrate
Chapter 54:- Facing The Demons
Chapter 55:- Gathering Allies
Chapter 56:- A Life Lost
Chapter 57:- Revelation
Chapter 58:- At The Cost Of What?
Chapter 59:- Unexpected Setbacks
Chapter 60: Fit For A King And Queen
NEW BOOK

Epilogue

2.5K 61 20
By Sri_1864

"Together,"

The packhouse was in a rush. Everybody could feel the excitement in the air. Since the war ended three days ago and Goddess Selene left the mortal plane, Xavier and Selena have been constantly busy.

With the help of Selena, Xavier was able to keep his promise to Evelyn. Selena held open the portal while Xavier and Ryan travelled to bring Ileana back. Later with the help of Lorcan, Selena had opened another portal for longer to bring back all the other wolves.

With the death of so many warriors, the pack was still in shambles. Some of the mates were not dealing too well with the death of their other halves. It was up to the alpha to make sure they were around others and not left alone. Xavier also had to take care of the funeral of all the fallen warriors. Seeing as they gave up their lives under his command, Xavier was not going to disrespect them by not being there himself.

It was like a mass funeral. More than thirty warriors had died. Only a few lost their lives to the bullets and while trying to protect the pack safe house, most of them fell victim to the poison the hunters injected them with.

One of them being Seth and Xavier's own mother.

Selena had been very busy too. She tried to be there for Xavier as much as she could but while Xavier needed to take care of the obvious things, Selena focused on the other things. She focused on making sure that every pack member was dealing with their post-war emotions and notbottling them up.

Damien was holding on better than she had assumed, which provided her great relief, but she hadn't been able to see the one man she had been meaning to talk to.

While sitting by the window in her and Xavier's room, Selena watched as cars after cars filled with luggage left from the front of the packhouse.

Lorcan had suggested opening a portal for the pack with the help of Selena, Asteria and Saanjh but Xavier denied it. He didn't want to tire the witches and warlocks out when he had the means to get the work done.

Selena sighed but couldn't help but smile that spread across her face. Before her departure, Goddess Selene had said that they were to move to the palace of the previous werewolf king, which the Goddess had renovated with her magic and power.

The Elders' Council had contacted Xavier and it was decided that they would come to meet them in their new home. As much as Selena respected the elders, she hadn't forgotten her little chat with Elder Zoltar and she had seen and heard him disrespecting Xavier. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face while he had to address Xavier as the King.

After all the cars exited from her sight, Selena got up from her seat and left the room. She went straight down the stairs to the lobby of the packhouse. Even with so many cars leaving, Selena had expected the packhouse to be still crowded. The pack wolves were already moving their luggage and all getting ready for the shift. However, Evelyn, Aiden, Connor and Jayce were sitting there talking.

Even after three days, every time Selena saw her family still together, alive and more or less happy, she couldn't control the sense of peace that engulfed her. She had almost lost all of them... almost.

On seeing Selena, they all smiled cheerfully at her. There was still a visible amount of pain in their faces, and rightfully so, they just lost their mother, but she could see how much they were trying to be okay.

Selena grinned at them seeing them cuddling with their partners. However, when she finally noticed the warlock for the first time after the war, she couldn't stop herself from going to him first.

"I am sorry," she whispered as she settled down beside him. She didn't know Clysmic but the fact that Lorcan loved her was enough for her to come to the conclusion that she was special.

Lorcan sighed but ended up scoffing, "I told her to stay back."

"You were worried," she justified.

"She was still learning to use it. She thought I was asking her to be a coward by staying back. Maybe I was being a coward, I didn't want to live without her. I didn't want to feel alone again. But..." he looked at Selena with a smile, a sad but proud smile, "She proved it that she wasn't a coward. If she hadn't healed as many warriors as she did, we would have lost and Jayce and Evelyn would have been dead. My barrier wouldn't have held if she hadn't lent me her energy. These people wouldn't have these smiles on their faces. She sacrificed herself, for people whom she didn't personally know, only because she knew that they meant something to me."

"But if you could do it again, you still ask her to stay back and find another way. You would have done anything to keep her alive."

Lorcan stilled, but then he relaxed. There was no point in trying to hide anything from Selena when she was so much like her mother, "I hate thinking like this."

"Don't," Selena smiled sadly, "You loved her. I completely understand."

"She would have loved you," Lorcan said looking at her.

"I am sure I would have loved her too."

For a second none of them spoke before Lorcan wondered out loud.

"Do you think they will hate me if they knew my thoughts?" Lorcan asked in a low voice.

"I think after the war and considering how everyone lived through the fear that came true for you, all of them will understand." Selena turned towards him with a smile.

"First with Marcella, she left me behind like I meant nothing to her, and then Clysmic... How much do I have yet to see? I feel like I am gonna die." The warlock's voice broke but he continued, "It feels like the gods and goddesses have some kind of an agenda against me."

Lorcan looked at the wolves in front of him, "I have seen them grow up. This, them so happy and alive is the only thing that is keeping me sane."

"What did the Goddess tell you?"

"What?" Lorcan asked looking confused.

Selena smiled, "I saw your face, I know she told you something."

Lorcan sighed and shook his head, "The Gods and Goddesses will never be straight with anything that they have to say."

Selena waited for Lorcan to continue but before the warlock could, another voice loud voice was heard.

"Guys!" Roy burst into the main door of the hose catching the attention of everyone. He bowed to Selena but then hesitated as if thinking if it was the right time before getting his priorities straight. "Ileana, babies, now!"

Multiples curses were heard as the wolves, the warlock and the witch rushed to get out of the packhouse and head to the hospital. The presence of Xavier was felt by the time they were in the hospital.

"Could have just linked me, Roy. That would have been faster," he grumbled as he walked to where Selena was, and instantly wrapping his arm around her.

"I apologize, alpha," Roy whispered in a low voice. He hated disappointing his alpha.

Xavier sighed and shook his head with a gentle smile. Roy had been out of his element these past few days and he made a mental note to talk to his gamma later. Like Xavier, Selena had also noticed Roy being out of it. A look was shared between the royal couple where they decided to speak to him together.

Damien too walked in soon enough to find all of them there. The door to the room opened and Ryan stumbled out with wide eyes, making everyone look at him with concern.

"She... she threw me out."

Damien smiled and patted his back softly.

After half an hour of sitting there silently, they heard the first cry, soon followed by the second. The cheers were heard instantly. Everyone was in smiles and cheers while Damien swiped off a tear of joy.

Ryan, on the other hand, was too overwhelmed. The first sob broke through shocking everyone. Xavier, Connor and Jayce stayed by his side while the others went inside the room to check on Ileana.

When Ryan finally got a hold of his emotions and entered the room, he walked straight to Ileana and gave her a gentle yet warm hug. He kissed her cheek and forehead and told her how much he loved her before turning towards Selena, who held his baby boy in his arms.

"Francis Killian Ferguson," Ileana whispered looking at her baby boy.

"Persephone Adriana Ferguson," Ryan whispered, as he took the baby girl from Damien' arms gently, watching the tears fill the eyes of the older man immediately.

"They are beautiful," Xavier whispered as he stood by Selena, looking at the babies in wonder.

The two smiled at each other before Xavier nudged the baby's arm gently, and Selena handed the child to Ileana after giving him a small kiss on his head.

"Let's give them some room," Damien said. He kissed Ileana on the head and gave Ryan a hug before he walked out.

Lorcan winked at the couple and walked out after Damien. He knew how his friend was feeling, and for some reason, didn't feel comfortable leaving him alone.

"Let's go inform Nic about the baby. I am sure he'd love to have a baby in the house!" Aiden exclaimed and pulled Jayce away with him, his mate following with a gentle smile and heart eyes.

Xavier, Connor, Evelyn and Selena walked out together.

"Do you think our babies will be cuter?" Evelyn asked as she looked at her mate, who looked back at her amused, "I mean, me and Ileana are twins."

"Hello," he rolled his eyes with a smile on his lips, "I am the differentiating factor here. Our babies are gonna be the cutest."

"Yeah?" Evelyn asked with a smirk, leading to a smirk on Connor's face as well.

"You wanna try now?"

"Guys, please," Selena groaned as she hid her face against Xavier's chest. This side of her brother she really didn't want to see.

"They left," Xavier whispered in her ear and Selena looked up to notice that apart from them, the only people there were the doctors.

"Do you wanna check on Elijah before heading back?" Xavier asked and Selena nodded.

The two walked over to the corridor where they had kept Elijah. The corridor was mostly empty as they had planned to keep Elijah separated from the wolves. The battle was way too raw in their memories and they wanted to make sure nobody attacked Elijah.

However, both the leaders were shocked when they found a figure lurking in the corridor. Xavier had strictly restricted anybody from being on this floor except for the doctor who was looking after Elijah. So seeing his gamma defying his order by not just being on this floor but peeping into Elijah's room left him a little startled, seeing as Roy wasn't a rule breaker at all.

"Roy," Xavier called. The wolf jumped in surprise before he turned around to look at his leaders with cautious and shameful eyes, "Alpha, Luna, I-I mean, my king, my queen,"

"Oh drop the formalities, Roy, we can keep these formalities for outsiders," Selena smiled at him making him sigh in relief and look up to meet their eyes, "Did you need something here?"

"I-I was just making sure that nobody came in to bother him," Roy said in a shaking, nervous voice.

"Thanks, Roy, you can leave now."

"Yes sir."

Roy sped away from the two.

"He was..."

'Lying,' Selena finished Xavier's sentence in their mind link.

The two shared a look and smirked at each other knowingly.

"C'mon," Xavier said and placed a hand on her lower back.

"He is still too weak," Selena whispered sadly, "There is a lot I need to talk to him about. Do you think we can take him with us?"

"To the palace?"

Selena nodded.

"I guess, we can. But Sel, he is human. We cannot let him know these."

Selena sighed, "We will see about that when the time comes. For now, just listen to me please, I have this feeling. We should take him. Moreover, his father is a hunter, do you really think he doesn't know?"

Xavier looked at his mate, trying to figure out what she was thinking, but finally nodded his head, "Okay, we will take him. Plus, with what we just witnessed I don't think this topic is up for discussion."

Selena grinned at her mate but it fell soon when she turned to look at the boy. He wasn't healing well, but then she remembered humans heal a lot slower than werewolves.

"I need to sort out some paperwork before we leave tonight. Find me in the office?"

"Of course," Selena smiled. Xavier kissed her goodbye and jumped off the window, changing into his wolf form as he started sprinting.

"You can come in now, no need to hang around the corridors."

Silent footsteps came to her ears and she smiled when she felt the gamma there in the room with her.

"He is your mate." Roy remained silent which caused Selena's eyes to harden as she continued "Roy, I hope you are not-"

"I mean no disrespect, my queen, but his kind caused the death of my brother," Roy said in a steel voice.

Selena sighed and looked at the unconscious human. She was going to speak again but the gamma beat her to it.

"Please Luna," he whispered, his voice shaking as if he was barely holding on. His eyes went to the boy on the bed. For a mere second if not less, Selena saw the worry and concern in his eyes before his features hardened again, "Let me take your leave."

Roy bowed and walked out, this time actually leaving. Selena took a deep breath and closed her eyes. None of them deserved whatever they would have to go through.

Selena walked slowly through the pack lands, her eyes wandering over every inch, every single tree, saving the images of these woods to her mind.

When she reached the packhouse, she headed straight to the office where she was supposed to meet Xavier. A sweet surprise awaited her when she walked into the room only to be greeted by Xavier, Damien, Shardul, Vishal, Saanjh, Asteria and Lorcan.

"Hey," she whispered and took gentle steps towards Xavier, her eyes on the newer people, "Alphas."

"My queen," the men bowed.

Selena smiled and muttered while shaking her head, "I don't think I will ever get used to this."

She had asked them repeatedly to not call her that but no one listened. Xavier had told her it would at least last a couple of months before people even friends and acquaintances would refer to her by her name.

"You've grown so much. Robert and Marcella would have been really proud of you," Shardul said with a proud smile on his face.

Selena nodded at him respectfully before speaking, "Thank you for coming here to help us, it means a lot." She looked at both Shardul and Vishal, making the older man nod and the younger one wink.

Selena rolled her eyes and looked at her mate to find him staring at Vishal intensely.

"The man is crazy about you, by the way," he grinned and Shardul hit the back of his head, making him groan.

"How many times have I told you it isn't your business?"

"C'mon, baba. It is amusing how the big bad alphas are always putty in the hands of their mates."

Selena wondered if that was true. She knew Xavier would make a great ruler and she could trust him with almost anything, but in her heart, she still wasn't sure if she was ready to be emotionally vulnerable to the man any more than she already is.

They are already marked and mated, so the deal is done for life, but still... there was this part in her head, a part that kept whispering that this isn't over. Moreover, the words of the Goddess still hadn't left her mind.

"We will be heading back to their home today," Asteria said, making all eyes turn to her, "We stayed back to help as Damien and Xavier had told us how busy you all are with the shift now. But they need to get back to their pack. But the next time I come here, I would like to have a conversation with you."

Selena looked at this woman, her aunt, with eerily similar features to her mother, and for some reason, she couldn't find it in her to hate the woman for hurting Jayce and Evelyn. To her, it wasn't justified to be angry at her. She didn't choose it either, to be tortured, for so many years. That would change even the strongest of individuals.

Selena had experienced it for two years only and Asteria had for nearly a century, she was in no position to judge how she tried to stay alive amidst enemies.

"I would like that too," she smiled.

Asteria couldn't help the single tear that rolled down her cheeks and moved forward to give her a hug.

Selena's arms instantly went around her too, the comfort was almost similar to her mother's embrace, almost.

She took in her scent to imprint it on her mind before letting her go.

"Stay safe, and keep in touch," Selena whispered. Maybe it was the vulnerability she was feeling again, but she couldn't raise her voice above a whisper.

"Of course," Asteria smiled and touched her cheek in a motherly way, "You are just like her."

"We should leave now," Shardul said.

"We will walk you out," Damien and Lorcan said.

"I will see you soon, queen," Vishal said with a wink and followed his elders out. Selena smiled back and whispered a 'stay safe' to him too.

Xavier fell on the chair and leaned his head back, he took a deep breath before breathing out.

"I just wanted a few days of rest," the alpha sighed.

"I know," Selena smiled at him softly.

Xavier looked up from the files to see the gentle smile on his mate's face. His frown fell immediately and he too gave in to the urge to smile.

Xavier left his chair and stood up while stretching his arms and back. Selena's eyes dropped to the place where his shirt raised a bit to see the strong skin there and she forced herself to look up. Xavier didn't miss this action as he smirked and started taking confident steps towards her.

Selena stood still in her place until Xavier approached her. When he was right in front of her, she took a step back but Xavier held her by the waist and pulled her even closer.

His head rested against her and they both closed their eyes.

"I miss them," he sighed, his arm pulling her even closer, seeking comfort.

"I know," Selena whispered as she rubbed his back comfortingly, "She would have been so proud of you."

"After how things were, how disappointed she was in me, I really wish I could have seen her be proud of me."

Selena frowned but when she tried to pull back Xavier held on tighter. She tried again and this time, Xavier kept his head down and let her go, allowing her to look at him and place her hand on his cheeks.

"She always was and always will be proud of you," she whispered, her mind taking her back to everything the Goddess had said about him punishing himself, "no matter what you did."

"You know, I see the haunting look in my father's eyes," Selena knew he was trying to change the topic, and she let him this time, "I am so glad that you chose to be here, with me. I cannot explain..."

Selena didn't let him finish and pulled him closer to her until their lips met. The shivers went down both of their spines as Xavier's hands once again reached for her waist and hers got lost in her hair.

"I don't want to imagine my life without you," Selena whispered as she took a deep breath after the kiss, "I know how it felt, I guess we both felt it, but I don't ever wanna face it again."

"I swear on my life, you won't have to."

Selena sighed and gave in to the hug that he pulled her in for.

"King and Queen huh?" Xavier spoke and Selena could hear the smirk in his voice.

"I don't know what lies ahead," Selena whispered, but pulled her head back to look at his eyes, so full of love, looking at her like she is the only one in the world, "but I am glad it is with you."

"It is gonna be one hell of a journey," Xavier whispered back, his thumb slowly caressing his mark on her neck, making her shiver, "But I know for a fact that as long as we are together, we can beat all the odds."

"Together," Selena sighed and closed her eyes.

"Together,"Xavier said too and rested his head against hers.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
795K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
33.5K 2.2K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
555K 17.1K 31
In a world of the supernatural, there lived many species who once existed together in harmony. As time progressed, so did the tension between the spe...