Phir mat jao zindagi... Rumy...

By Shesha_Writes

Rudra, a happy go lucky boy, just cares only about him and his feelings. He is just wasting his money and ru... More

Cover Credits and Dedication
Character Sketch
Part 1 - Triangular Infatuation
Part 2 - Rudra's lies
Part 4 - The Breaking Point
Part 5 - Anjali's entry
Part 6 - Baby steps
Part 7 - Hesitation
Part 8 - Conversations
Part 9 - Will Soumya propose Rudra?
Part 10 - A ray of hope for Soumya
Part 11 - A cup of tea
Part 12 - Will Rohan believe Vikas?
Part 13 - Rohan gets a clue
Part 14 - Vikas confronts Ayaan
Part 15 - Gratitude and Love
Part 16 - The race

Part 3 - Instinct

25 2 21
By Shesha_Writes

Basu Mansion/11 PM

Naveen Basu called Vikas's gym trainer Mr. Shinde and his athletic coach Mr. Dhillon to his house.  Mr. Shinde  and Mr. Dhillon reached the house, fearing Naveen Basu. Naveen is sitting on the sofa who is busy in his business meeting. Both of them greeted Naveen. Naveen ignored them and gets engaged in the meeting. After ten minutes, Naveen closed his MacBook and looks at them.

Naveen - "Did you see the race?"

Mr. Dhillon - "Yes, sir."

Naveen - "What is the reason for this pathetic performance?"

Mr. Dhillon - "Sorry sir, we give our best."

Naveen - "To yield the worst, right?"

Mr. Dhillon - "No, sir. We are not meaning..."

Naveen - "Shut up...Damn it... What if he lose the event. For maximum point, that guy was leading him... Somehow by luck, Vikas defeated him... It won't be the case tomorrow."

Vikas comes there from his room. Naveen turns aside. Vikas looks at his coach and Gym trainer.

Vikas - "Sir, please go back to your house. Apologies for whatever happened..."

Mr. Shinde - 'But sir..."

Vikas - "Please go..."

Mr. Shinde and Mr. Dhillon goes. Vikas looks at Naveen.

Naveen - "Here comes, the one who knows everything."

Vikas - "It's true that I know everything.... About you and your ideologies, dad. Why are you exploding at my coach and trainer who are only doing their duty perfectly?"

Naveen - "What duty? First, you enhance your talent. Otherwise, you'll be defeated by tortoise easily."

Vikas - "What is your problem, dad? If I win, you say that I won by luck... If I lose, no need to tell... Sports is not business and it is unpredictable in its own way."

Naveen didn't look at him.

Vikas - "Accepting defeat is known as sportsmanship. It is not your business where you can keep your enemies always down with you either by your talent or your cruelty."

Naveen looks at Vikas angrily. 

Vikas - "Okay, leave your misdeed.s Your problem is, I didn't defeat Rohan by any long difference like you do with your enemies, right? By your logic, I should compete only with tortoise. I can defeat tortoise with around 1000 metres distance. Okay?"

Naveen - "You are talking too much... Accept your faults."

Vikas - "I won't accept it. Because, I know my worth. I am India's one of the fastest runners. I have broken my previous records twice and created new records. And no one can do sprints better than me. I am not a member in your office. So keep your rules and ideologies within yourself."

Naveen and Vikas looks at each other angrily.

"What is wrong with dad's words, Vikas?" says Ayaan, entering the house in his motorcycle jacket.

Naveen smiles at Ayaan. Vikas looks at Ayaan.

Ayaan - "Tell me, Vikas. It is good to improve yourself than before."

Vikas - "It is good to improve yourself than before. This statement sounds good if it is not said by toxic person."

Vikas frowns and go to his room. Ayaan laughs.

Ayaan - "Did he lose the race?"

Naveen - "He won that... But, the performance is pathetic... I am worrying how he win the National Level event. If he wins with high difference,  many Indian and foreign companies calls him for sponsoring. But..."

Ayaan - "Don't worry, dad. I'll speak to him."

Naveen - "Okay... How is your race today?"

Ayaan - "The race is just fire, dad. As expected, I won the race. So my brand value has increased. All the leading bike companies need me for their sponsors. I am yet to choose it."

Naveen smiled, "You have the spirit, my son.

Next day,

Soumya is looking at the Instagram Account of Rudra. He has shared the picture of Romi with movie dialogues as the caption of the post. Soumya was reminded of her days with Rudra.

Rudra took Soumya to the park. There is a beautiful fountain in the park. Rudra asked Soumya to stand there. Soumya stood there simply. Rudra took out his phone and shows to Soumya.

Soumya - "Wow... It is the latest brand phone... You bought it."

Rudra - "Yeah, Soumya. None of them have this mobile in the college or even the town. I can say proudly that I am the first one to have this mobile."

Soumya - "It looks beautiful. How did Tej uncle agree to this?"

Rudra - "You know him, right? I did hard work to persuade him to but this mobile. They don't know that a new brand mobile goes outdated after a year. But he never buys me mobiles even if a year completes. From now on, I am the center of attention in my college."

Soumya - "Hardwork... Outdated... Attention?"

Rudra - "Yes... Leave it, I have to capture the first photo with this phone. You should be the one to pose."

Soumya - "What? You're capturing me... No, Rudra. You can't do this."

Rudra - "Only one photo, Soumya... Please."

Soumya - "No, Rudra. I look like a fool in photos. It is awkward even to see my face in the photos."

Rudra - "Who said that? You look pretty."

Soumya denies and moves. Rudra managed to convince her for the photo. She didn't heed to appeal. Rudra secretly took her photo, hiding from the bush. Soumya caught him there. She gets angry and starts running behind him. Rudra also runs to escape her. Soumya couldn't run anymore, so she stopped. Rudra captured another photo of hers. Rudra comes to her and shows her the photos. She feels embarrassed.

Soumya - "Rudra, you shouldn't share this photo to anyone. If you want, then blur my face."

Rudra - "I won't blur. What will you do?"

Soumya - "I won't ever speak to you."

Soumya pouts while Rudra captures selfie with her. Soumya scowled.

Rudra - "Okay, Sowmya. I won't share it anywhere. I'll send you through WhatsApp. You can keep it for safety?"

Soumya - "Pinky Promise!"

Rudra - "Pinky Promise.."

Despite the promise, Rudra shared the selfie in his Instagram story on Soumya's birthday.

Soumya smiled reminiscing the incident. She listens to the 'Pyaar... Ek Tarfa' song in YouTube and wears headphones. 

 She see the screenshot of Rudra's story on his birthday and those sweet wishes and cute lines about her.  She proceeds to the other posts in his account. She looks at the post which mentioned about one-sided love.

"It is better to be out of love that to be in miserable love," the caption with a face-hiding photo of Rudra.

Soumya rings Rudra upon seeing the post.

Soumya - "Rudra, are you fine?"

Rudra - "Yes, Soumya. Why?"

Soumya - "I saw your Instagram post."

Rudra - "Oh, never mind that. This is just the caption of the picture I took. That caption suited the picture more. Thanks to Google Didi."

Soumya - "Achhha...  That's what. If you were in one-sided love, I must be knowing it. Leave me, the whole town must be knowing that Rudra is in love as you're such a blabbermouth. Then, Uncle would kick you out of his house with broomsticks."

Rudra - "Who knows? I might be in one-sided love. It is a precious form of love..."

Soumya - "Rudra... Mom is calling me. Bye! I'll call you after some time."

Soumya cuts the call and jumps in happiness. Soumya finishes the work given by Janvi and comes to the room and thinks about Rudra's last words.

Soumya thinks, "If he is in one-sided love, then it would be only me. He can talk to many girls, but I know he cannot love any of them... Your hero is also love with you. God, thank you for giving me a path to confess my love."

Soumya kissed Rudra's photos.

Soumya wiped her tears and thinks, "I'm wrong here. I am not even his love in the first case, then how could he love me one-sided, which is a precious form of love?"

Prem comes inside with a pair of badminton kits. Soumya acted as if she didn't cry. Prem looks at Rudra's profile in her laptop. Soumya instantly closed the browser.

Prem sits near Soumya.

Prem - "Old memories, his profile and a breakup song... So heart-breaking, isn't it?"

Soumya - "Nothing like that. Rudra messaged me so I was just..."

Prem - "It is okay to do that until you wish you to stop."

Soumya looks on and turns her face. Prem turns her face towards him and he pouts. Soumya bursts into laughter upon seeing his pout.

Soumya - "You're exactly a monkey's descendant, Prem."

Prem - "What about the sister of monkey?"

Prem and Soumya bursts into laughter. Soumya gets flashes of Rudra and her laughing over a dramedy film. Her expression changes. Prem holds her hand.

Prem - "This too shall pass..."

Soumya - "I also wish the same. This too shall pass."

Prem - "Yeah, you used to call me Chotu... Now you are calling me Prem.."

Soumya - "I didn't call you Chotu for 24 hours only... Okay Chotu? Don't come to any conclusion from that. You kiddo! I'll call you 'Chotu' forever"

Prem - "Okay Buddhiya!"

Soumya sticks her tongue out. Prem reciprocated the same.

Prem - "By the way, how will you call my future wife when she is probably younger than me?"

Soumya - "Chotu ka biwi (Kiddo's wife) or else Choti..."

Prem - "You and your creativity..."

Soumya - "Are you scared of getting embarrassed in front of your future wife?"

Prem - "Crazy girl! Come on, let us play badminton."

Prem hand over one of the bats to Soumya. Soumya smiles and goes with him.

*****

Rudra and Romi visited many hill stations and spend romantic time together. Rudra asked Romi not reveal about the relationship to anyone and he gave reason that he can surprise them.

 They watched many movies together Rudra did his best to keep his real identity as secret. Rudra lied Rohan that he is in practice for a bike race and asked to convince Tej with fake reasons. Rohan tried, but Tej found that Rohan is lying. Rohan revealed that Rudra is in practice for race. He gets angry but Kalyani and Nandini pacified him.

20 days passed,

They come to Kolkata.  Rudra didn't have any contact with Soumya in this time. While Soumya has started focussing on her career and makes herself busy. 

Blue Moon Restaurant/7 PM

Rudra has taken Romi for a dinner date. Rudra is a wearing a white t-shirt and torn jeans with a brown leather jacket which he took rent from his rich friend. Romi is wearing a beige lace dress.

Rudra - "What shall we order?"

Romi - "Let us have some chicken noodles."

Rudra - "Why noodles? See there are many delicious dishes in the menu."

Rudra handover the menu to her and checks his pocket and confirms Rs.9000/- is the budget. Rudra intentionally ordered expensive foods for Romi in order to impress her. Rudra orders semi-expensive foods for him. Romi and Rudra are having the dinner. Romi asks Rudra about his business ventures. Rudra fabricated his own tales and answered Romi.

Shraddha entered the restaurant with a few of her colleagues in her workplace. Rudra is stumbled upon seeing her. He knows she would talk to him for sure and asks about his family well-being if she see his face. He gets nervous and turned his face. Romi noticed his nervousness. Shraddha & Co occupied four tables behind Romi-Rudra's table.

Romi - "What is the problem, Rudra?"

Rudra - "Nothing, Romi. I felt that someone is staring at you."

Romi - "Rudra, you're just impossible."

Rudra smiles for the sake of it while he only knows he is in the tight corners. Romi and Rudra continue eating. Rudra, without getting noticed, pressed the buttons of his phone and it played a song.

Romi - Actually I saw you yesterday...."

 Romi stopped as Rudra behaved like if he is getting a call and pretends to be speaking..

"Okay Sir, I'll come by now.. Okay, sir... I'll be there within 15 minutes... Not a minute late," he said, standing up from the table and goes. Romi tried to stop him, but Rudra signals her to wait for sometime. Being stopped by the waiter, Rudra excused that Romi is still eating. Rudra comes out of the hotel and goes from there.

Romi finishes eating and is about to pay the bill, but she realized that she failed to bring her credit card. She has only a minimal account. Romi tries call Rudra, but his phone was switched off. Unfortunately, her phone goes battery dead. The waiter asked Romi to pay the bill faster or else she has to work in the hotel as a punishment.

Romi feels embarrassed and pays the Rs.1000 and excuses for some more time. She thinks to find some way, but eventually gets frustrated and cursed herself for forgetting her credit card and Rudra's unavailability.

Rohan enters the restaurant with his friends. Rohan sees Romi sitting anxiously. He asked his friends to secure a table and goes to Romi. Romi smiles upon seeing him.

Rohan sees Romi sitting anxiously. He asked his students to secure a table and goes to Romi. Romi smiles upon seeing him.

Rohan - "Romi, nice to meet you here."

Romi - "Hi Rohan."

Rohan - "Okay, why are you looking upset?"

Romi feels embarrassed. Rohan asked the question again. Romi confessed everything to Rohan. Rohan feels bad for Romi.

Rohan thinks, "Is she saying about my brother Rudra or someother Rudra? Rudra came home yesterday only after his bike race practice. How could he take her for date? Anyways, both Rudras are careless."

Rohan - "Don't worry, I'll pay the bill."

Romi - "Thank you so much, Rohan. I'll pay back the amount by night."

Rohan - "No urgency. Take your own time. I have booked a cab for you. Take care."

Romi - "Thank you, Rohan. You have come as a god in disguise and saved me from the embarrassment."

Rohan smiled. Shraddha sees Rohan with Romi and called him. Rohan smiled on seeing Shraddha. Shraddha comes to them. 

Rohan - "Hello aunty. This is Romi, my friend. Romi, this is Shraddha aunty. She used to be our neighbor and five years back, they shifted to a new house. But they are still our friends. "

Romi and Shraddha exchanged smiles. Rohan guessed if Rudra ran away as he saw Shraddha.

Shraddha - "I am sorry, Rohan. I couldn't attend your Athletic Event. I heard you won Silver. Keep it up, my child. That's the spirit."

Romi - "Aunty, next time you'll see him with gold."

Rohan  and Shraddha smiled.

Shraddha - "I hope your grandmother is fine. How is Tej bhaiyya and Rudra? Tell them that I asked about them."

Romi - "Rudra..."

Sharddha - "Rohan's brother Rudra. You don't know him?"

Romi denies while Rohan manages the situation excusing that she is his new friend. Romi's cab comes there and leaves. Romi bids to Rohan. Shraddha also leaves.

*****

In the cab, Romi doubts if Rudra is making fool out of herself.

Flashback - Yesterday

Romi visited Rohan's house as Rohan asked her to buy some medicines for his headache. Romi gives the medicines to him. Rohan thanked him. When Romi is about to leave, she looks at the almirah where the photograph of Rohan and Rudra together is present. She is amazed to see both her friend and boyfriend together. She felt happy that Rudra won't get insecure of her friendship with Rudra. She thought if Rudra is Rohan's friend. She searched for Rohan to confirm it, but her parents called her and asked her immediately to come home. She goes.

Romi thinks, "If what Shraddha aunty said was true, Rudra lied to me that he is the son of rich guy. Why is he doing so?"

*****

Soumya is walking on the road as she is returning home from her workplace. Suddenly she collides with a guy and her handbag and accessories falls down.  Soumya and the guy kneels down to take up the accessories.

The guy apologized. Soumya looks at his face and surprised that it is Rudra.

Soumya - "Rudra."

Rudra - "Soumya... You're here."

Soumya - "Yeah, I'm here. So what?"

Rudra laughs.

Rudra - "It's been 2 weeks since we met last. Sorry for not meeting you."

Soumya - "It's okay, Rudra.  Even I was busy on my work."

Rudra - "By the way, I got committed, not single anymore. The lucky girl is Romi."

Soumya feels heavy, but managed to hide it.

Soumya congratulated Rudra, "Wish you stay happily with Romi."

Rudra notices a red rose in Soumya's bag. Rudra took that. 

Rudra - "Your obsession for red roses won't change, Soumya... But you are not at all finding someone for you to hand over this rose to him. You're so weird."

Soumya laughs. Rudra gives the rose to Soumya, "Take your red rose. Next time, the rose in your bag should be given by your soul-mate not any shopkeeper."

Soumya takes the rose from Rudra and keeps it in bag.

To be continued...

Precap: 
Romi confronts Rudra for lying her.Rudra tries to explain, but Romi slaps him. Tej disowns Rudra.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 8.9K 42
✧THE UNEXPECTED SERIES BOOK ONE✧ Arrogant and cold CEO of the 'RIVERRUN GROUPS' Royal Riansh Raichand who declined the throne has only one person wor...
3.7K 870 15
Vansh and Roshni are college friends. Vansh was a business man who had a bad childhood with his parents having a unhealthy relationship which made hi...
6.8K 908 19
**Keshavi Mishra Γ— Arjun Sharma** Keshavi who is suffering from her insecurities and have trust issues towards men because of some...
19.6K 1K 6
"You're the biggest mistake of my life, Khushi Kumari Gupta!" As soon as Khushi heard the words, her dream broke and she woke up to reality. She does...