Bound to the Alpha

By RhodaSLyons

An arranged mating. Two enemy Packs. A killer on the loose. Angelina Montgomery has lived the life of a lone... More

Prologue
1. Le premier
2. Strange Visitor
3. Silver Dawn
4. Future Brother-in-law?
5. Plan A- Find Evie
6. Truce
7. The Shiver
8. Found
9. Ashes
10. Lady Irene
11. Call Me Fraud
12. Red Spot
13. Right Hand Man
14. Find Me
15. Council
16. Unravel
17. If Only
18. Le Sucre
19. Don't fool me
20. Deal Or No Deal
21. Conditions
22. One In Spirit
23. Queen Of The Pack
24. Lost Girl
25. The Girl With Green Eyes
26. Between Worlds
27. Playing With Fire
28. Come And Get It
29. Speak Up
30. Maze of You
31. Piece of Me
32. Like, Mated?
33. No One Like You
34. The Wards
36. Where The Taken Go
37. Ghosts
38. Undone
39. Never Again
40. Cold Heart
41. Red Hot
42. Mercy
43. Birthday Boy
44. First Born
45. Two Hands Bloody
46. Eris
47. Lights
48. Truth Be Told
49. Bound
Epilogue
A/N

35. Float Away

10.9K 524 36
By RhodaSLyons

Angelina never felt an urge so strong to go outside.

She could see that it was still dark outside but she knew, in a few minutes, the sun would soon peak from the night sky. It would rise from behind the mountain, and then golden shards of lights would settle on the Pack.

Mason was still asleep when she gently pried his arms from her body. She slithered into his discarded blue shirt he wore last night and relished in his scent that covered her skin.

She practically blacked out once Mason had finished his way with her. She never slept so well either. She felt bad that they'd done the dirty on Mason's childhood bed but her core still thrummed from the memory of last night.

She tiptoed from Mason's room and down the dimly lit hallway on mute feet. When she twisted the doorknob, she prayed that it wouldn't squeak.

It didn't.

She exhaled in relief and quietly shut the door behind her. It closed with a barely audible click.

She instantly cursed herself for not pulling on something that would warm her legs or toes. She clenched her teeth against the crisp air and hugged her arms as she stepped on the grass, feeling the dewy blades of grass slide along the naked soles of her feet. She cringed from the wet sensation but tipped her head up to the sky. She could feel the breeze tickle her cheeks.

Something had told her to come outside.

She waited, letting her loose strands of hair whip over her face. She tried to tame her hair behind her ears but the wind was insistent to let her hair waver around her face. She didn't bother to school it but enjoyed the beauty of the dark sky.

The night sky here sure looked different from the night sky in the city.

Angelina looked to the mountains and saw the first spear of light.

A silver ray of light.

A sliver of dawn.

The first light of day.

Angelina sucked in a breath as the single strand of light lengthened and grew.

Then she saw it.

At first, her brain had trouble making sense of what her eyes were witnessing.

There were balls of pure light.

Each ball varied in size and lustre but they all glowed an ethereal light as they floated up and up, disappearing into the rays of sunlight that were beginning to grow and encapsulate the sleeping landscape.

She blinked and then she spotted May standing in front of her, standing on her tiptoes as she held out her hands to the sky, like she was reaching for something.

Angelina felt her throat tighten as the little girl wiggled her fingers in the air, above her head.

"May."

The girl froze and looked over her shoulder.

Her bright green eyes glimmered with unshed tears.

"May." She rasped, taking a step closer.

The sun rose.

The balls of light disappeared, merging with the glow of the sunrise.

May remained standing in front of her with her little features twisted with tortured emotions.

Someone so young shouldn't have been able to wield a look so wounded, it made her knees weak and her throat clog.

"What are you doing?" She asked the little girl, although she had a slight feeling she knew already, even if she hadn't seen it before with her two eyes.

"Watching the others float up."

"The other spirits?' She asked softly.

May nodded, "Yeah. They're going home."

"D-Do you want to go with them?" She asked quietly.

May immediately shook her head as sadness overtook her features. "Not yet."

"Are you worried about Casper?" She asked.

May bit her lip, "The man who took me. He's still hurting people. He's near. I don't know where but he's close Angie. He's angry you took Evie."

Cold fingers gripped Angelina's heart.

"He really wants to hurt you Angie."

Angelina schooled her expression so that her quivering heart didn't reflect on her expression.

"He thinks he's already won."

"I'm not scared." She told the little girl, injecting steel into her voice. "I'll find him first."

"Be quick. He's getting impatient."

Before Angelina could respond, May vanished.

Angelina took in the sunrise. It was glorious. Bright.

And it made her feel sad.

Now she knew that May wanted to be like a ball of pure light. She wanted to float away but something was anchoring her here.

Angelina stepped further onto the lawn until she warmed from the sun. She closed her eyes and tipped her head back, enjoying the light caress of the wind.

"Angie."

Angelina straightened.

Evie stood near the edge of the forest, huddled in her blankets but her eyes were red rimmed and tortured. Her beautiful hair was a tangled mess over her shoulders.

"What are you doing here Evie? It's cold-"

"Angie." Evie whimpered.

She felt her sister's emotion like a spear to her heart.

"Angie." Evie repeated, her voice rough and pained.

"Tell me what's wrong so I can fix it." She approached her with caution.

Evie discarded her blanket and ran towards her. When she was close, she hung her arms around her neck and squeezed her thighs around her waist until she was hanging from her. Angelina could feel the rapid beat of her heart against her own. Angelina couldn't remember the last time she held her baby sister like this.

But then she felt something warm against her shoulder.

Then heard the soft whimpers that slowly tapered off into rough cries.

Angelina held her sister close, "Evie."

"I saw Jack in my dream." Her voice sounded brittle. "He told me the truth."

From Angelina's peripheral, she spotted something shimmer in the air. Jack stood a few metres away, watching Evie with a soft, broken expression. He slowly approached the sisters. His eyes never left Evie's trembling form.

Angelina froze.

The boy slowly faced her.

Cobalt blue eyes.

The kind eyes that saved Evie.

Angelina felt herself tremble as gratitude welled inside her chest.

The boy raked his hand through his hair as he offered Angelina a small, albeit broken smile. "Hey."

Evie froze in her arms.

Evie gasped when she turned her head and stared widely at the spot Jack stood.

Angelina heard her sharp intake of breath as Evie slowly pulled away from her but kept her hand on her wrist. She looked dazed as she stared unblinkingly at Jack who faced her with genuine shock.

Evie released Angelina's hand and stepped forward on uncertain feet.

Evie cried out, "NO! Where did he go?" She yelled, panicked.

Angelina took Evie's hand, holding it tight, knowing instinctively that it was what she needed to do. Evie hadn't noticed because she was staring at Jack once more, shaking like a falling leaf as she cupped her mouth.

Angelina sucked in a breath as realisation settled. Others could see what she saw if she touched them. Rattled, she could only hold her words as Evie approached Jack on shaky feet. She felt like an intruder but she couldn't release Evie because her baby sister needed this.

She knew this would be the last time she saw Jack.

Angelina kept quiet as Evie surged forward with Jack's name spilling forth from her lips like a wounded cry.

Angelina looked away as Evie cupped Jack's cheek with one, quivering hand.

Although she wasn't staring directly at them, Angelina could hear their muffled words between tears.

Angelina blocked out their words.

She had underestimated Evie's relationship with the young boy.

Evie loved him.

She felt terrible that she had assumed their connection was a mere fascination with each other. She'd never loved anyone with her whole heart. She couldn't comprehend having her heart so completely possessed by someone else, that it physically hurt to be away from the other.

Angelina wasn't aware of how many minutes passed until she heard Jack call her name.

She held his eyes. They glistened with tears.

Before he could speak, she took his hand, squeezing it. "Thank you. You helped Evie return home."

Jack offered a boyish grin, "I kept her as safe as I could."

"And for that, I'm indebted to you Jack Samuels."

Surprise coated his features as she spoke his name. He rubbed his neck, seeming shy to accept her praise. "I wished we could have met before all this." He said quietly, "Maybe in another lifetime Angelina. I feel like I know you through the stories Evie has shared with me."

Evie hid her face in Jack's neck as he revealed this.

"I have one request though." Jack sheepishly said. He whispered something to Evie. Evie then looked at Angelina's hand that held hers. She reluctantly released her hold and stepped back, giving them space.

Angelina knew Evie could no longer see or hear Jack.

Jack sighed, rubbing his hand along his jaw. Angelina would never understand the trials his young arms held. However, she knew it was those arms that kept Evie safe when she hadn't been there for her.

"I don't want her to close her heart." Jack whispered, "She has so much to give Angelina. So much. I want her to be happy, even if it isn't with me."

"I'll do anything for her."

"I know. Evie says you were the glue that kept her together. You were the mother she deserved."

Angelina swallowed hard. "I wish I knew you before this Jack."

Jack only gave her a small smile, "Me too."

"Thank you." Angelina would never grow tired feeling gratitude. She knew she was lucky that Evie was with her, and safe. She also knew that neither would Evie or his Pack would forget him. She remembered the sorrow Mason felt when he'd learned of Jack's fate.

"And I know it isn't my place but my Alpha is a good man. Give him a chance, he's worth it."

Angelina couldn't speak. She felt her reply stuck in her throat.

"I have to leave now." Jack said, looking at Evie with so much emotion, it made her heart clench in sorrow for the two, young lovers.

Angelina nodded and extended her hand to Evie, who grasped it like a lifeline.

Angelina looked away as Evie drew Jack into her arms and kissed him with tears rolling down her cheeks.

When they broke away, Jack's form became translucent and wavered. Evie sucked in a breath as Jack morphed into a ball of light that glowed brilliantly in front of them.

Evie crushed Angelina's hand. Angelina didn't make a sound. She took the hurt, and held it as her own, even when she felt Evie's nails carve into her skin. She only held on tighter.

Together, they watched Jack's light float up and away, until it winked out of sight.

As dawn broke, Evie's knees gave out. Angelina caught her, holding her waist.

Evie cried.

And Angelina held her tightly as she thanked the boy a million more times in her heart.

***

Angelina was still running high on adrenaline when she lowered herself into the hole that led into the cells.

She heard the whispers in the cells deplete as she approached the metal bars.

The men remained in the shadows but she could feel their piercing glares.

They wanted her dead.

She palmed the key in her hand and quietly observed the men.

"The Moon Goddess has a special place for you." She sneered.

"We don't believe in your bullshit."

"I don't think you understand the severity of your actions." She warned.

"Ha, who do you think you are? A deity? One who'll deal out the consequences?"

Angelina didn't reply. She focused on the rhythmic tap of her boots against the solid floor beneath her soles.

Their laughter tapered off into nervous chuckles when she let her silence linger. She knew she was making them uncomfortable the longer she remained mute.

"I just wanted to have a chat with you all. That is all." She told them. "I think you'll change your mind once I'm done talking."

For a long minute, the men didn't speak.

She wondered if she pushed too far. Sometimes she played too much with her prey, they ran from her but she needed these men to bend her and her intentions.

The idea stemmed from when she'd been with Evie.

She was sure the men would listen.

She just needed an opportunity to speak with them, without anyone else lingering close to hear their exchanged words.

She felt the jagged teeth of the key she took from Mason. She felt guilty that she took it but she needed it. She couldn't tell him her plans just yet. She need to make sure these men were committed.

Only after, she would divulge her plans.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 10K 50
When a stubborn and intolerant, werewolf gets classified as a little puppy, her whole life changes as she is fetched by a Vampire. Starting date:12...
12.3K 2.6K 14
When Jennisa delivers a spaceship database to a suspicious group, she covertly takes a copy of the group's files when she helps them connect it. She...
16.1K 1.4K 9
In a primal world that favors the strong and punishes the weak, Aria knew that her family's pack would not survive long when her father's health bega...
219K 7.2K 40
Alexi is your average high school junior. He gets good enough grades, he has an amazing best friend, and his family is super caring. But, there is a...