Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter One

2M 33K 4K
By Vampirefangsrules

Have you seen BOSS UNDERCOVER? It's LIVE on Amazon for purchase! Also, if you haven't followed me on Instagram and my Facebook page, GO! GO! You don't want to miss the updates! It will be nice to see you there! Instagram: J.S.Badham Twitter: J.S.Badham1 Facebook Page: J.S.Badham.

If you buy BOSS UNDERCOVER! LEAVE A REVIEW! YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

IF YOU BUY BOSS UNDERCOVER OR HAVE, LEAVE A REVIEW ON AMAZON AND GOODREADS! YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME AND CRUCIAL! TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM! REMEMBER THIS IS BOOK ONE AND IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE OF READING IT ON WATTPAD. THE BOOK'S PLOT HAS BEEN CHANGED! YOU WILL NOTICE DRASTIC CHANGES IN PLACES!

THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN CHANGED AND UPDATED! I WILL SLOWLY BEGIN TO UPDATE AND CHANGE MISS CLUMSY AND THE CEO! THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS FIFTEEN SO I DO APOLOGIES FOR GRAMMAR AND THE PLOT. 

***

Harper Daniels. Twenty three. And utterly clumsy. She had been gifted the obnoxious trait since she first learnt to walk. That sounded like an exaggeration. But it was true. Her parents had probably spent hundreds in their lifetime of replacing the odd broken camera, smashed vases and torn clothes that Harper had only managed to somehow always end up tangoing with. Even as she reached adulthood, somehow hoping to outgrow the trait, it still appeared to latch on her. She felt sorry for her white blouses, stained with either red wine or coffee. Harper must have spent £60 last month replacing those that were left with stubborn stains. It wasn't a joke when her grandparents said she needed fully fitted armour to walk around in. It was probably why half of her relatives refused to leave out their expensive antiques when she came to visit. But you get the picture. Harper was clumsy.

It's not like her trait tried to either hide itself through her ­non-existent dating life. The last time she went on a date---probably when she was twenty one. Harper had managed to accidentally spill her drink all over her date's phone and wallet. Let's just say he wasn't too pleased. Her nerves had gotten the better of her for argument's sake!

It was probably why today she was hoping for less accidents to occur. She was starting her new job. A fresh graduate from Oxford University, just only six months from receiving her financial economics bachelor's degree and already she had snacked herself a good job at Brewer's Enterprise. The reputation for this company was staggering, pay was more than decent and she had heard there was some good opportunities if you worked your way up in the career ladder.

It was no wonder then, that her nerves were creeping up on her. She felt itchy all over. Harper felt like her accident prone ego, she liked to call 'Miss Clumsy' was preparing itself for instances to occur. Something was bound to happen. Harper knew that, she just hated the anticipation.

She stood gawking at the colossal, shining cylinder shaped building ahead of her. It was daunting to stare at for too long. Would she get used to walking to that every day? Probably not.

Harper wasn't sure she wanted to step any further. Could I actually do this? Was I prepared for the world of work? Couldn't she just turn back? Head back to her comfy apartment and lie under the bed covers hiding from responsibilities? Perhaps if she didn't need the money, her conscience sneered.

Quitting was not an option. She had worked too hard for this. The essays, the revision and endless nights she stayed up aiming to succeed in life were not going to be defeated by nerves. She recomposed herself, shuffling her bag strap onto her shoulder as she took a large stride forward. Come on, you've got this, she cheered on herself.

A large puddle lingered in the centre of the pavement where the water had not been able to drain itself. She dodged it, smiling awkwardly to herself as she awarded herself from overcoming that obstacle. Not today! Harper had this. She had it all under control. Nothing was going to stop her from making a good impression.

And then she must have jinxed it. While celebrating that small victory and holding her head up high, she missed in sight the second largest puddle resting up straight ahead. And without notice, she took a large step into the puddle, the water splashing up her black mid length skirt and spluttering across some of her face. Great. Just great. Now, she was wet-ish. Only you, Harper. Only you.

She sighed, "Great job, Harper. Just what you needed."

There wasn't much point standing there expecting her clothes to immediately dry so she carried on, passing into the automatic doors and being surrounded suddenly by the sliver, metallic polished reception. Crowds and groups of people walked by, passing through the gates, sliding their ID to let them through before dispersing out of sight. And there Harper stood, looking probably dumbfounded and out of place as she gawked at the polished sign above reception. Brewer's Enterprise. This was definitely the place.

Now, she just needed a bathroom. She spotted the ladies on the left. With every step, her black flats squeaked, drowned in puddle water and drawing in unwanted attention. Harper would have broke for a sprint at this rate. She had tried to block out the humorous looks as she passed by.

The bathroom was just as classy as the reception. Clean and massive. She stalked towards one of the cubicles grabbing tissue as she dabbed her face, thankful she didn't plaster her face with foundation otherwise she'd been left with red blotches. Then she attempted to dry what she could of her skirt under the dryer.

There was a series of giggles. Her eyes observed two attractive ladies, their black heels clattering on the marble white floor as they disperse from sight. She must have looked a mess or completely silly lifting a leg up trying to dry each side.

This was not how she wanted her day to go.

Eventually, after fifteen minutes trying to repair the damage, Harper left the bathroom and headed outside and towards the reception. Four receptionists manned the large desk, each busy either directing visitors to the correct floor or answering calls through their headsets. She was pretty sure her floor was floor nine but she wanted to be sure before she ascended into a lift.

"Hi, excuse me. I'm starting a new job today and I'm looking for floor nine?" Harper said, asking the male receptionist with spikey gelled hair.

He nodded. "And would you like the exclusive VIP tour with that?"

Harper chuckled awkwardly. "Erm, no. Ha, I think---"

"---Yes, we do offer services in the conference rooms," he interjected.

"Conference rooms? I just want to know the---" she replied, falling quiet as she suddenly realised that he was not talking to her but whoever was speaking through the headset. Nice one, Harper. Could you not see? It probably didn't help he was facing her and appearing as if were talking directly to her.

"Okay, thank you. Have a lovely morning," he finished. "Oh, hello. How can I help you?"

Harper paused, staring at him for more than an uncomfortable second to observe whether he was talking to her or if he was starting another conversation on the phone until he coughed trying to grasp her attention. "Yes? Can... I help you?"

"Oh, sorry. I—I thought you were on the---ha-ha, erm, I'm looking for financial department. I start today. Do you know what floor that is? I think it's nine."

"Yes. Floor nine. Take lift A," he answered, smiling before answering another call.

Harper nodded, thanking him before turning on her feet. She joined the bustling crowd that were heading towards lift A. Space seemed insufficient as people huddled closer within the shaft leaving barely a gap for movement.

When the doors finally opened, she walked out along with the wave of people heading onto the same floor she was directed to head to.

Now, what? She was about to ask an individual for the department manager when she recognised Mr Collins, the interviewer who had interviewed for the job. He must have known who she was because he soon ushered her over. He was stood by a cubicle conferring with someone quietly when she reached the pair. Sweat was sluggishly cascading down his forehead. The other colleague left as she stood close by.

"Harper Daniels isn't it?" he asked.

She nodded. "Yes."

"Good. I was wondering when you would show up. You're not late or anything. I just want to be able to settle you in. I'm very busy today. I've got a hundred things to do so my time supervising you is very little. I've just had a meeting with the CEO, so please bear with me if I'm little disorganised," he said. He pulled out his phone. "Excuse me one second. I just need to double check something."

Harper stood patiently, observing the rows of cubicles and array of people working. It was to nice to think that someone here could be one day a close friend. Potentially, she might even meet her soulmate as cheesy as that sounded.

At intrigue, three men and women exited a room. The group followed one in particular. Their hurried strides attempting to keep up as they chattered, some on their phone, some to him who appeared to ignore every word coming at their mouth. This one male ahead of them was what caught her eye. Harper couldn't help but stare. He was handsome. Was he a model or just a Greek god sent from earth? She must have been obviously staring pretty badly because as he passed Collins and herself, the beautiful stranger met her eyes with disapproval.

"Mr Brewer," Mr Collins chipped in, startling her from her daydream. "CEO of Brewer Enterprises. The man behind our prestigious company," he described. "Now, let's get you settled in, shall we?"

THANK YOU FOR READING! PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! IT LET'S ME KNOW YOU'RE ENJOYING THE STORY! 

Dedicated to the person who brought me to Wattpad in the first place! And always will remain a friend to me! emzz14

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 47 15
In the glittering world of New York's corporate elite, Daniel Grayson is a force to be reckoned with. As the enigmatic CEO of Grayson Enterprises, he...
3.8K 43 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...
2.1M 76.1K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...
5.5M 169K 33
Xander Knight - The CEO of Knight corporation. He was a handsome, arrogant womanizer. He was also a powerful , cold , ruthless businessman. He ha...