The Truth

Por WildImagination2

Leigh-Ann Dark is a smart and very ambitions woman. Yes she's rich, beautiful and has everything she's ever w... Más

♡|Introduction|♡
♡|Prologue|♡
♡_1_♡
♡_2_♡
♡_3_♡
♡_4_♡
♡_5_♡
♡_6_♡
♡_7_♡
♡_8_♡
♡_9_♡
♡_10_♡
♡_11_♡
♡_12_♡
♡_13_♡
♡_14_♡

♡_15_♡

0 0 0
Por WildImagination2

Leigh-Ann

Jacob isn't there when I wake up. I only have a few hours before I have to be at the office.

  I shower in my bathroom and get dressed in a simple formal skirt that reaches just above my knee with a plain white blouse.

I go downstairs to find Amelia just serving breakfast.

"Good morning Amelia"

"Good morning Mrs Dovine"

"I've told you many times that you can call me Leigh or Anny"

She blushes a bit but nods.

"Alright Anny"

I sit down and start munching on my breakfast.

"Have you seen Jacob anywhere?"

"Yes. Mr Dovine has already left for work. He didn't have breakfast though"

"Oh alright thank you Amelia" I smile politely at her as she leaves.

My appetite has suddenly vanished so I push my plate aside and stand up.

He was supposed to drive me to work but he's already left.

Did I push him away last night with the way I acted?

I sigh and grab my handbag and car keys and exit the house.

I see Tom, who surprisingly I remembered, approach me from the staff house.

"Good morning ma'am. Mr Dovine asked me to drive you to work"

I'm surprised but I don't say anythink but just nod slightly and enter the car.

At least he didn't leave you to drive by yourself.

Did he really want me last night or was what he did some act of obligation?

I ponder over and over again.

We arrive at Dark Enterprises and I thank Tom before I leave.

                    ♡··♡··♡

It's been a stressful day at work and I'm just right about to call it a day at 3pm.

"Come in" I say when there's a knock on the door.

My P.A, Beatrice,  enters with a file in her hand.

"Mrs Dovine, your meeting at Dovine Internationals is in about twenty minutes."

I nod slowly at her.

Wait this has happened before.

I have a sense of déjà vu as I stare at her.

"Come in" I say when there's a knock on the door.

My P.A walks in with a file in her hand. "Mrs Dovine. Your meeting at Dovine Internationals is in thirty minutes." She informs me and I nod at her.

"Ma'am, ma'am are you okay?" The voice is distant but slowly sounds nearer as I come to.

"Yeah, I-I I'm fine"

Something happened that day. I just can't remember what.

She leaves with concern still in her eyes.

I take in a few breaths and stand up preparing to leave.

The car starts immediately I get in.

Putting on a bit of blush and lip gloss I exit the car when we finally reach the tall buildings of Dovine Internationals.

"Good day everyone" I say to the few people present in the board room.

I sit down waiting for the meeting to begin. Two minutes later someone walks in, Jacob. 

Our eyes meet for a second before he looks away.

So I  am right, he is mad at me.

                   ♡··♡··♡

"And what level of profit do you envisage?"

We've been here for almost two hours now and I'm finding it hard to keep my eyes open.

Out of boredom my mind travels to the flashback I had earlier.

I'm a hundred percent sure something happened that day.

"Mrs Dovine. Are you okay?"

My attention is brought back to the meeting as all eyes turn my way.

"Um yeah. Yes I'm fine. Proceed"

The meeting drags on and finally comes to an end, with little input from my end.

I'm so exhausted I could just fall. I grab my handbag and walk out.

"Leigh-Ann"

Without turning around to see who the person is, I already know who it is.

I face him and arch a brow.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright? You zoned out in the meeting"

What actually is his problem?

First he gives me a mind blowing orgasm then he ignores me right after then now he's acting concerned.

It's probably all part of the act.

"I'm fine" I reply sharply and turn on my way again.

"Let me drive you home. You look a bit tired"

Say no Leigh. Stand your ground.

"Thank you but Tom's here since he drove me to work this morning"

Guilt passes he's eyes for only a second before they're back to being hard again.

"Alright as you wish."

Then he turns his back to me and walks off.

Anger bubbles in me.

He's giving me mixed signals.

One minute he's hot and the next he's cold. Maybe all the things people say about him are true after all.

Tom drives me back to the office and I get a bit of work done before he drives me back home.

I take a shower once I get to my room and dress in my most comfortable pyjamas.

I had skipped lunch so I'm famished.

Downstairs, I warm up the dinner Amelia cooked and ate it all even getting myself a second helping.

The front door opens and closes and I leave the kitchen to see Jacob coming in looking untidy.

His tie hung loosely on his neck and his shirt was crumpled.

He sees me and freezes. His eyes slowly widening. 

He's acting strange.

That's when I see it, the lipstick on his shirt.

There were many lip prints scattered all over his shirt it almost looked like a design and it sure wasn't there in the afternoon.

My heart shatters. Tears form and blur my vision.

"Leigh-Ann it's--"  his voice is slurred.

I don't give him a chance to finish because I'm running up the stairs two at a time.

That bastard!

I run to bed, burying my head in my pillow and letting the tears flow.

I was wrong.

All those times I would catch him looking at me. The way he cared for me. The tenderness in his voice when he spoke to me.

It was all because of the accident. He's actually an asshole who cares about no one but himself. 

Everybody is right. 

I cry harder into my pillow until eventually I get exhausted and fall into a dreamless slumber.

_________________________________

Aww poor Leigh. Are guys enjoying the story? If you are you know what to do.

Question: Does anyone have an idea on why Jacob is acting that way?

Please vote and don't forget to comment down your thoughts.

Thanks!♡

P.S: I was sick when I wrote this chapter...but I'm all good now.  :)

_debby_♥

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.7K 178 35
You see this girl in your school, in the streets, in the neighborhood, skinny, wearing glasses, altogether not a pretty sight. you see her, you laugh...
Imagine Us Por _HEROWIN_

Misterio / Suspenso

41 6 5
Beth Kennedy has her whole life ahead of her, with her mother generous enough to plan out every single step from the perfect college, to the perfect...
30.7K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
267 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...