JRWI tings :P

By totally-bones

heyooo i havent used this app in a while- i'm just really here to get out my ideas on things i'm hyperfixated... More

Howdy
No.1
No.2
No.3
No.4
No.5
No.6
No.7
No.8
No.9
No.10
No.11
No.12
No.13
No.14
No.15
No. 16
No.17
No.18
No.19
No.20
No.20 (alternate ending!)
No.21
No. 22
No. 23
No.24
No.25
No.26
No. 27
No.28
No.29
No.30
No.31
No.31 [Part Two]
No. 32
No.33
No.34
No.35
No.37
No. 38
No. 39
No.40
No.41
No.42
No.43
No.44
No. 45
No. 46
No. 47
No. 48
No. 49
No. 50
No.51
No. 52
No. 52 (pt.2)
No. 53
No.54
No.55
No. 56
No.57
No.58
No.59
No.60
No.61
No. 62
No.63
No. 64
No. 65
No.66
No. 67
No. 68
No. 69
No. 70
No. 71
No. 72
No. 73
No 74
No. 75
No.76
No. 77
No. 78
No. 79

No.36

405 6 10
By totally-bones

//Riptide Campaign ^^

This is a request! By @Eggoboi34..! ^-^ so tysm for the request <3

the main prompt was Gillion attempting to save John from the Navy but getting captured as well..! Which was a fun lil' concept for me to writeeee :D

also, the wiki has Marshall John's status as 'Alive?' and it makes me want to cry why would they-

Hhhhh I  h o p e  this is okay..! I've been struggling a bit with motivation and writing in general so I'm sorry if this is bad ..! I tried I swear ;-;

did I make Lizzie explain a plan so that I didn't have to write how everyone went through and could do a simple time skip? maybe. leave me alone I'm bad at this I'm just trying to exist- ;_;

TW// none that I know of? If there are any, please let me know! 

-----

The sea was calm, gentle waves rolling across the surface of the water as the wind blew softly. Everything was calm and easy. A complete opposite to how the crews on both boats were fairing as they got closer and closer to the Navy prison. Tensions were high and everyone was feeling it. 

The Riptide Pirates moved over to Lizzie's ship, all meeting in her cabin as they discussed their plan. The two crews had started to formulate this plan due to having stayed around the prison for a few days, studying how many times Navy ships would come and go, as well as knowing what time would be best to sneak in. They had also gotten a very rough layout, having gone in and gotten out quickly before, though at that time one specific triton was very reluctant to leave so soon. 

"So what, we just... sneak into where we think the cells are and just get John outta there? This is so stupid, we don't have enough information, Lizzie-"

"Well, it's been far too long, Chip. John is part of my crew and I need to get him back. The later we leave this, I'm worried the Navy will only make more and more moves in their plans, which will probably affect the security of that damn prison. So I'm sorry this isn't as pristine as it could be but it's the best we've got. Alright?" A silence fell over the four as Lizzie's words hung in the air. 

"I agree with Captain Elizabeth... The sooner we retrieve Marshall John from the imprisonment of the Navy the better."

"Gill, we spoke about this, man. We can't just rush in! I get you wanna help John but this is dangerous! I just wanna make sure we go over everything we can. M'not losing you or Jay to the Navy, okay?"

At this, Jay seemed to fidget slightly, taking a small deep breath before clearing her throat and sighing softly. "Then let's go over it. Nobody is getting lost to the Navy, so don't worry Chip. Elizabeth?" Lizzie looked to Jay, suspicion was usually the expression she had when looking to her, but instead, Jay had caught just a small glimpse of a smile before the familiar stoic expression she wore returned. No suspicion. So that was progress, she guessed?

The four went over the plans again, Chip butting in to ask a series of questions to help him feel a bit better about having so many unknowns throughout this plan. Jay just stood and nodded, taking in the information and looking intently at the map. Gillion did the same, making sure to completely understand the layout of the areas they had explored. He had to get this right, he had to get Marshall John out of there...

"Hey, Chip, is your uh- fish guy good?" Elizabeth raised a brow at Gillion who seemed to be staring at the map, lost in thought.

"Yes! Yeah, he's fine, just-" Chip nudged Gillion snapping him out of his thoughts. Gillion looked to Chip and then to Elizabeth, clearing his throat and offering a small apologetic smile.

"I apologise, Captain Elizabeth, I was... just thinking. What did you say?"

"I said that Chip told me you guys had been in some kind of prison-esque thing before, and you broke out pretty quickly... Can you do that again?" Gillion thought back and remembered what Elizabeth was referring to; the Island of Ire, back when Aslana and her sisters had captured the crew, as well as Ollie and John. Marshall John had been captured and put in a cell twice now... Gillion shook his head to clear his thoughts before he zoned out again, nodding confidently. 

"Y-yes, yes I would be able to do that again. Wh-"

"Great, you'll be the one to go into the area where they keep the prisoners and break John out, okay?" Before Gillion could ask any questions of which he was collecting many now, the other three had already started to plan more, leaving a now very pressured Gillion to worry even more than he had before about messing this up. 

To hopefully calm his anxieties, Gillion took another glance at the roughly drawn map, there were rooms drawn out with simple question marks, having known rooms were there but not knowing their purpose. There were labelled rooms, like the barracks and what seemed to be an armoury. Despite knowing where these two were located, Elizabeth stressed that there were more than likely more within the prison, so she said totry not to take any unnecessary risks. There were high built walls with small towers marking each corner, assumedly being where the guards would take shifts walking across and looking out onto the seas for any incoming ships. Luckily for the crew, though, they knew that at a certain time, which was coming up soon, there'd be no guards looking out onto the towers for a maximum of five minutes. At this time, it was agreed that Caspian and Gillion would take Chip and Jay with them and swim them to the edge of the wall, then making their way around it to where Navy ships would come in from. They'd use a Navy ship as cover, swimming alongside it to get in without being seen. From there, it was hopeful wishing and the memory the held of the rough map they'd made out of the prison. 

With Jay's knowledge of the Navy and how they'd operate a prison, Gillion would have her on his back, having her direct him to where the cells would be. From there, the two of them would make their way down to the cells, Jay keeping an eye out as Gillion tries to quickly get there without being seen. After this, it was just a matter of breaking out Marshall John, and however many other pirates the Navy had imprisoned and then getting out of there amongst all of the chaos that'd most likely ensue.

So the plan wasn't completely... complete. But when were plans ever really complete?! 

"So! Everyone understand what they're doing? I'll be here for you guys so that we can get out of here as quickly as possible... Jay you're going with Gillion to find John, you know how the Navy would operate the most, make sure to tell the other prisoners there are two ships waiting for them if they get out, I'll be pretty close so hopefully your guys' little escape plan will attract all the officers patrolling the walls... Chip you're going with Caspian and you two will need to try and keep an eye out a bit closer to where we come in from in case any Navy officers get too close to Jay and Gillion. Hopefully, Gillion will be able to get a few more prisoners out of the cells to cause a bit more chaos, that way it'll be easier to escape..." As Lizzie explained, everyone nodded. 

They definitely had a plan, now it was just up to how far they'd be able to get with it... 

Gillion was quite impressed the plan had gotten him and Jay this far; he was making his way slowly through the prison, his hand on the hilt of his sword, ready at every corner to fight. The two were able to duck into darker corners or empty rooms to avoid being seen. Luckily, it hadn't come to violence, having Jay guide him at every corner. The two continued through, Jay grabbing ahold of Gillion's arm to stop him. "Gill..! The cells are down here, I'm pretty sure we just go down these stairs to the next right and then keep going straight..." Gillion gave a single nod to show he heard her, following her as they made their way downstairs. The steps were lit by lanterns hanging either side of the wall, assisting in Jay and Gillion's trek down to the cells. When the two finally made it to this point, Jay allowed Gillion to take the lead, keeping an eye out as they looked into each cell. The conditions of the cells were... well, not that the poor conditions were unexpected, but it was still upsetting to see. People in cages as if they were rabid animals. Gillion felt his heart yearn to recklessly free every single person, but he fought against it. The main priority was Marshall John, he couldn't ruin the plan now that they've gotten so far...

Coughs and wheezes were heard in different cells, some prisoners sitting against the walls, some standing and letting their arms get through the bars, leaning against the bar that went through the middle of the horizontal barring keeping the prisoners trapped. The doors that'd grant access to the cell were locked obviously with large locks, a single lantern in every cell, though not proving to be of any use as they only gave minimal lighting, a dim glow at the least. Gillion continued to look, the further he made his way through the hall of cells, the more anxious he grew that John wouldn't be in here... What if their map was wrong? What if Marshall John was already taken somewhere else? What if-

"Gillion..! G-Gillion I heard some voices from the top of the stairwell, we need to hurry up and find John!" Jay's panicked and hushed voice broke Gillion from his anxieties, making him turn to meet her worried expression. That look on Jay's face alone was enough to set Gillion back on track. He gave a small nod and continued to look through the cells, meeting eyes with tired and worn down people, the fact that they were seeing new people wearing anything other than Navy uniforms being enough to make them fight off their weariness and come to the bars to get a better look. It took another minute or so of truly looking into these dimly lit cells to finally notice a familiar form in the corned with his head hanging low...

"Marshall John? Is that you..?"

 Gillion's hushed voice was strange to hear, but it was all it took for the form to raise his head, Gillion finally seeing the features of a very tired and very torn up Marhsall John. The second he recognised Gillion's face, he got up and made his way to the bars, grabbing them tightly. "G-Gillion? S'that you?! I-... How are you here?! You can't be here, you'll get caught..! I'll work on a way out myself, you need to leave-"

"Do not fear, I am not alone, John..! Captain Elizabeth, Caspian, Jay, Chip and myself are all working together to get you out of here..! Just give me a moment and I'll get you out of here, I swear." With this, Gillion started on the lock, unscrewing a small flask of water that was attached to his belt, shaping the water and then freezing it, attempting the escape plan like he had back on the Island of Ire. 

Jay watched and smiled softly, just happy the plan had been able to get them this far. She kept an eye on the stairwell, her bow readied. As she kept a sharp eye open, she paused for a second, having sworn she heard something...

"Gill, y'don't understand-!" John's hands reached through the bars and grabbed at Gillion's hands, causing the triton to stop what he was doing and listen to John's panicked voice. "The navy aren't predictable enough for you lot to just... make a plan and have it work out! You all need to get outta here before they find you guys and throw you all in here with me!" Gillion frowned as he listened, his brows furrowing. He went to ask for further information before he was cut off by Jay's voice speaking up just above a whisper.

"Gill! Someone's coming..! I don't think its Chip or Caspian, we need to go! Come on, get him out of there!" Gillion turned to look to where Jay was talking about, seeing shadows dancing across the wall, this being followed by footsteps, slowly getting louder and louder. Before long, Gillion, Jay and John watched as a navy officer made his way down the stairwell, stopping as he saw Jay and Gillion, as well as seeing John at the bars. Without warning, the officer yelled up the stairwell, this triggering Jay to shoot the officer right in the shoulder, enough to stop him mid yell but not enough to be completely lethal. She started to walk towards the stairwell and turned to look to Gillion, now walking backwards. "We go now! We can come back for John another time! This is gonna get dangerous quickly, please we need to leave!" 

Gillion looked to John before looking back to Jay, watching now as she nearly walked straight into two more guards rushing down the stairs. This kicked off Gillion's fight or flight, racing over to Jay and pushing her to the side into the wall and out of the way of the two soldiers. Jay groaned as she was bumped into the wall, but quickly regained her composure, turning to then see Gillion attempt to pull his sword, but not being quick enough as the two soldiers grab at him, quickly disarming the triton as he struggled in their grasp. Before Jay could make any movements to help Gillion, she realised that only more soldiers would come. And it was more than likely that the soldiers who weren't with herself and Gillion would be alerted up top and would definitely be causing a problem for Caspian and Chip... She slowly backed up the stairs, unable to control her gradually quickening breathing. "G-Gillion, I'm so so sorry-"

With that, Gillion saw the ends of Jay's hair turn as she ran up the winding stairwell. He made sure to keep struggling, meaning that the two soldiers would have to stay with him, hoping to buy Jay some more time. All that mattered to Gillion was that the Navy didn't get her again...

 Gillion continued to struggle, groaning as he felt a knee push harshly into the side of his stomach, being able to hit a gap between his armour. With his guard being momentarily down, the two navy officers continued their relentless attacks against him, eventually shoving Gillion to the floor harshly and hitting him blow after blow. It didn't too take long until Gillion's vision was slowly getting darker and darker. He continued to try and get up after every single hit he took, even being able to land a few hits to them even with the room starting to spin. But after another two minutes or so, Gillion felt a harsh hit to the side of his head, in the few seconds he had before he succumbed to unconsciousness, he became lightheaded, his peripheral going dark before everything got dark.

"....on?"

"...illion?"

"Gillion..!" 

Gillion opened his eyes as he  felt himself get shaken, he then immediately realised the throbbing of his head. He let out a pained groan and slowly sat up, immediately feeling a lot lighter as he realised he had been stripped of his armour and was now left in his sleeveless turtleneck and the baggy trousers he'd wear underneath. Holding a hand to the side of his head he winced, pulling his hand away to see blood. Gillion then slowly turned to see a worried Marhsall John kneeling down beside him. 

"God, Gillion, I told you to leave sooner! I knew this'd happen..." John seemed to huff, ripping his already tattered shirt and pressing the fabric to the side of Gillion's head to where it had started bleeding. Gillion winced again, but tried to stay as still as possible. He was fully aware and completely capable of healing the wound on the side of his head himself with magic but... well he wasn't exactly upset with Marshall John helping out. 

"I-I apologise for worrying you so much, John, I just... Well Captain Elizabeth as well as everyone put so much effort and work into the plan to get you away from here, I just didn't want to mess that up, I suppose. I only hope that Jay, Chip and Caspian were able to get away without any harm..."

"Oh? Well what about you, Gillion? You got hurt and captured! You and the others never should've come to try and get me out of here...! Y'know I was one of the leaders of the Navy but things seemed to have changed a lot in my time being a pirate and all... I don't think any level of planning would be able to get past them... " 

Gillion felt a small sinking feeling in his stomach as John said this, hearing such a pessimistic thing from John who was usually just as optimistic as Gillion himself was... something he'd have to add to the things he really wanted to avoid... 

"No, no no, Marshall John, surely there's something we can do..! Afterall, with me and you in the same cell, I am sure we can accomplish many great plans of our grand escape...! And hopefully the escape of some of the other prisoners, also, yes?" John's concentration with caring for Gillion's head wound was disrupted by the triton's optimism, slowly looking to meet eyes with Gillion. A few seconds passed before John's serious and worried expression was replaced by a soft smile, clearly fond of Gillion's familiar and unchanging attitude. 

"Oh yeah? Well, I mean, if it's our destiny then we oughtta start brainstorming, huh?" The second John said then, Gillion grinned and nodded quickly, then groaning as the world began to spin again. He'd aviod doing that again for a while. But all that mattered, even if the plan hadn't gone as well as he was hoping, was that John was still here and safe. He could only hope and pray to the Gods that Jay had made it out without being caught, the same going for Chip, Caspian and Lizzie. If so, Gillion was confident that it'd only be a matter of time before both himself and John would be visited by their friends and get out of here. Until then, they'd keep a watch of how the officer's shifts seemed to work, trying to gain any helpful information at all in preparations for when their crew would come back for them. 

And there wasn't a doubt, in Gillion's mind at least, that they would be back for them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 1K 58
used to be called but you said you love me but I realized this book is about him. read my story about a group of guys from the internet. ...
110K 1K 131
Im not good at descriptions, so just read it Ranks #25 in jm
23.4K 830 24
[Please read Book 1: Once Upon a Summer before reading this, so you would understand. Thank you.] Last summer was quite a ride for you. You met Matt...
36.1K 752 72
Basically ideas that pop into my mind. (Now complete)