DESTINED TO BE

By wanderlust_novels

A girl named Kang Byeol has been reincarnated in a novel called " Death is the only ending for a villainess"... More

0.Prologue
1.Last night
2.Camille's Past
3.First encounter
4.Why is he acting like this?
5.Finally I get to meet Penelope.
6.This is really happening
7.Just have faith in me!
8.So this is Camille Regulus...
9.How Pathetic...
10.Don't trust him too much...
12.I wonder why...
13.Who are you?
13. I feared him.
14.I can't wait!
16. That did not just happen.
17. Thats how we met.

15.Beautiful...

2.5K 161 39
By wanderlust_novels

At the dukedom

Third-person's POV

The day before the crown prince's birthday, the duke held a luncheon. Reynold and Derrick were on their way to the luncheon but as usual, Penelope was late. They both got on to their seat and waited for her to arrive.

The doors opened up once again and there we see it, Penelope walking towards them to have a seat as well.

"You're late ya know!" Reynold exclaimed annoyingly.

"What about it?" Penelope answered flawlessly and had a seat while greeting her father and brothers.

The Duke greeted Penelope back with a small smile whereas the first brother just stared at her while the second one was busy making a fuss.

She ignored both of them and the duke rang the bell ordering the servants to serve the food.

After a while, the duke finally spoke about the reason behind this luncheon.

"... it's the Crown Prince's birthday tomorrow."

"..."

The room was silent. Penelope was wondering what the duke is about to say? Well, on the other hand, Derrick shows no emotions, and last but not least Reynold was busy thinking about the time Camille and he will spend together.

"So...um... Penelope my dear, do you have anyone escorting you that day?"

"Huh?" Penelope looks at the duke with a confused expression.

"You see I want to have the honor of escorting you on that night..."

Penelope's POV   

'This is great! I have a good reason to reject Callisto's escort letter!'

Third-person's POV

"...or you rather reject this old man--"

"No way father!" Penelope exclaimed.

The Duke smiled at her response and said, "wonderful!"

"...."

"Besides you two should find a suitable partner for yourself. You've become old enough after all."

"Father I don't think that's necessary," Derrick spoke with a stern face.

"Why not? It's essential at this age! What a waste of your youth?!"

"No father. I don't think it's the right time..."

"Then when is?"

While these two were busy arguing Penelope was wondering that, 

'why hasn't Reynold said anything yet or revolted against this idea? even earlier he would have said something about the duke escorting me... I wonder what's going on...'

Meanwhile,

'I'm so happy and excited for tomorrow I can't wait!' Reynold thought with a smile appearing on his lips.

The duke got distracted and asked Reynold by raising his brow, "what's the matter, Reynold? Why are you smiling?"

"No, it's nothing. Besides, you don't need to worry about me father. When you see me at the banquet you'll understand. I have it under control." Reynold concluded with confidence.

The duke was surprised but did not give much thought to it, Penelope was suspicious and Derrick on the other hand showed no emotion.

After the luncheon

Everyone was going back to their room. Fennel called Penelope, the Duke and Derrick went to their respective office, and Reynold went to his room to bring his letter and hand it over to fennel to get it delivered in the Imperial Palace.

On his way, he saw Penelope and fennel standing with a bunch of boxes. As he reached there he saw a golden seal.

"Is...this from the crown prince?"

"Yes." Fennel answered.

"....."

Reynold looked at the boxes then Penelope and mumbled,

"You and the crown prince... Oh never mind..."

Penelope heard that and snarled,

"You and her highness... Oh never mind!"

"Wait wait wait!" Reynold flustered.
"Complete your sentence! What do you mean?!"

"What are you yelling for?! you did the same thing?!"

"I doubted you guys from the hunting competition anyway!" He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah?! Why are you so concerned about her highness so much nowadays?!"

"Huh?!"

(PS: these guys completely forgot that fennel exists.)

**************

Camille's POV

(In her office)

Scribble scribble scribble--

Knock knock--

"May I come in?" Kyra asked for permission.

"Yes come in."

"Your Highness there is a letter from the Eckarts mansion..."

'Huh...? What happened? Is it from Penelope...?'

"Yes..."

Kyra kept the letter on my table and left the room. I turned the envelope and saw an unexpected name on it.

"Reynold..."

I read the letter quietly and chuckled.

'This character is really something... The way he is trying to formal with me... It's funny...'

I had an unknown smile hooked on my lips.

"Tomorrow..."

***************

Crown Prince's birthday

Camille's POV

"Princess get up! hurry!" Lucy yelled.

"Uh..huh..."

I was forced to get up early in the morning and instead of a morning greeting, I got yelled at by an old lady (Lucy: I'm not that old!).

The maids were all over me, I was hungry but my wishes were ignored.

'This is truly tiring...' I sighed.

After a while, I felt that slowly hands were going away from me, giving me some space to breathe.

I turned around and glanced at myself in the mirror.

'I look gorgeous... So pretty...'

"Beautiful..." I mumbled under my breathe.

"Your highness do you like it?"

"Yes, I do..."

Lucy looked as if she has won a noble prize.

I chuckled and started looking for the gift.

Kyra entered the room and I smiled at her appearance.

She smiled back and gave the gift I had prepared for Callisto. It was in a box prepared beautifully.

"Thank you so much for preparing it..."

"Of course!"

"...."

"Do you want to give it personally or with the whole family?" Kyra questioned.

"Hm..."

'I think it would be better to give it to home personally...'

"I'll give it to him personally..."

Everyone in the room gave me a knowing smile. I bit back a smile.

*************

The butler escorted me to Callisto's room.

He knocked and then went inside to inform him about my arrival.

The butler had me escorted inside  with Callisto leaving me in here alone with him.

He sort of liked surprised to see me here but shrugged off like it was no big deal.

"Um... Happy birthday..."

"...Thank you..."

Awkward silence...

Rustle rustle--

I took the box from behind me to in front of him. He asked me to have a seat. I did as I was told, he sat infront of me leaving the table in between us.

"Here..."

"Huh?"

"I-it's your gift..."

He looked surprised but he opened the box eventually.

He eyes widened as he looked at the sword and then me.

I stared at him for his reaction.

"Is...this for me...?" He asked with a weird look on his face.

I got pissed.

"Who's birthday is it huh?!"

He chuckled lightly and mumbled,

"...it's beautiful..."

I stared at him once again for a louder answer, but he cleared his throat and said,

"Thank you... Camille..."

'He'll never say that loudly! What was I even expecting? Anyways...'

"Happy Birthday Brother...!" I smiled

Well at the word 'brother' his eyes widened.

He smiled back and said while getting up causing me to get up as well,

"Shall we?" He asked offering his arm for me to hold.

"Yes, we shall." I said while accepting his arm.

*************

We entered the Imperial palace. We saw many people waiting for us. Callisto and I were greeting the other nobles.

Well after sometime I saw Callisto's eyes wandering around restlessly.

I knew who he's waiting for.

'Penelope of course!'

'That reminds me! Reynold was going to escort me right?!'

"Gasp!"

"What happened?" Callisto asked by looking at my expression.

"N-nothing really..."

"....." He just stared at me.

After a moment of silence he said,

"...go get some fresh air."

"...okay...thanks"

'well that was unexpected...'

I took a glass of vine and trolled near the maze. The cool breeze swaying my bangs with the rythm... It feels nice...

I closed my eyes and felt the vibe around me...

"Beautiful..."

Someone mumbled from beside me...

I glanced to see...

———————

Around that time...

Penelope got pissed because of Reynolds childish excuse of following her to the maze, so she rudely said Reynold to get lost. He walked away in rage causing his favourability to rise. He was pissed until he glanced sideways, he saw...

Reynold's POV

I saw her gold like hair fluttering in the air while the winds kept brushing her bangs along with the flow... She had a glass of vine in her hand that was fitting in perfectly with her beauty... Under the moonlight all her features were highlighted with perfection... I seriously can't take my eyes off her... she looks...

"Beautiful..."

Camille's POV

I saw pink fluttering hair and ocean blue eyes staring at me in awe...

"Rey--"

'get a hold of yourself!'

"Prince eckart?"

Reynold bowed down and greeted me. I greeted back with a small smile tug to my lips.

"You look magnificent, your highness."

"Th-thank you very much."

We both were just staring at each other for a moment or two, then suddenly he coughed awkwardly and said,

"How are you doing? Why are you here?"

"I'm doing just fine. I just happened to be here for some fresh air... How about you?"

"I'm just fine--!"

He gasped and said,

"Oh your highness I have something for you."

"Huh?"

"I've got a present for you..."

To be continued...

——————————————————

Cheesy content in process😏😏

Stay tuned!!✨✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...