The Episode of Fu Hua and You...

By GammaFuture

Oneshot with Fuka, featuring Kiana Kaslana as your best friend. You're a male POV. Story not based on her per... More

Her Outfit
Hiding
Be My Wings
Herrscher of Amnesty
Sentie
Hold me
Sick Changes Everything
Love Sick
What Will You Do?
The Caring Chicken
Mending
I Am You, You Are Me
Sweet Morning
Fuka Being Totally Chinese
He's My Light
Don't Give Up
Been Chiling
Cheered
Emotional
Mistakes Were Made
First Kiss
Lust (18+)
Sync of Love and Pain
Something Precious
Sharing the Same Standard: Ultraman
I Can't Stand Losing You
Cheng Lixue's Legacy
Kiana's Special Birthday: Element of Surprise
Kiss Of Heal
Another Hidden Wound
Let's Go Hunting
Phoenix Is The Hottest Thing
Is It Worth The Revenge?
The Last Archon
Depart
Lantern
Element of Surprise 2
(Bonus) Dating with Kiana + Ultra Chronicles
My True Love
Home
Home Part 2
The Favorite Place.

Shopping

2.4K 49 5
By GammaFuture

Fuka has a slight knowledge about hardware computers, but still not knowing enough about the technical specs.

I can't believe it! I happen to have someone by my side, and it's Fuka herself! Now, she's asking me to accompany her to buy her own PC, not to mention that she's actually wealthy! Also, she wore her typical shoulderless green attire, which I always adore and she knows it too, she looks pretty with it.

Oh yeah, even though she's wealthy, she said that her budget target is around $1500, but I understand what she's doing.

"Y/N, What's CPU the best in price to performance as of now?"

"From what I see, it's the Intel Core I5 12400F."

"Interesting, usually that AMD thing is always "the budget", but they made a comeback now huh?"

"True, but still held back on the higher end CPU. Lucky that this chip only costs about $120, and it's even faster than my Ryzen 5 3600 or 5600x."

"Nice. I'll take that." 

Fuka took the box, and put it on the cart wheel. And we went to the motherboard section.

"Motherboard, the link of the hardware. Is there a smaller one like you use there?"

"Here." I showed her the small motherboard that is meant for small cases, like mine.

"Usually, for your CPU, this one (Asrock Z690-ITX) should be adequate for $150. That $100 charge for a premium board can be put somewhere like RAM or something else...."

"Just as I thought, don't overspend on a useless feature. Alright, I'll take this." 

She took the box that I mentioned, and we're moving to the RAM section.

"RAM. For usage background. So many options here...." 

"For your build like this, one thing to remember is the size of the RAM. Taller heatsink, and there's a big chance that It'll get blocked by the panel. I recommend the low profile one."

"Good thinking, Y/N. I'll take the Corsair one. Oh with a 16GB capacity of course."

"Have you checked the frequency and latency?"

"What's that supposed to mean? Is it crucial?" Fuka seems like she doesn't know about that technical sheets.

"Frequency is something like a "3200mhz" and latency is like "CL19" or something like that. It's complicated to read it"

"Then, what's the meaning of it?"

"Simple. The higher the frequency, the faster the performance. While latency is always good at lower numbers, hence the word latency."

"The one you hold it, is a 2666hz CL16 RAM, which means it's pretty much outdated for today's standards. Here, let me help you find the optimal one."

"No no, It's alright, Y/N. I want to search for it by myself. You're smart, Y/N, you know that? That's why I love you~" This is the first time I hear someone compliment my skill with my own ears....

"Ooh what's this? It's 3600mhz but with CL19. Is it okay for you?" Seems like Fuka found the right one.

"Hmm, it's alright. The high frequency compensates for that high latency, in the end you'll definitely don't feel any lag difference in real life.".

"Nice explanation, Y/N. Alright, that checks for another $60! Next!" 

We're moving to the GPU part.

"Wow this is interesting. I'll take the 3060 Ti! That costs $500 too, not bad." Well, I think I don't need to explain this, but the fact that she picked the bigger one, makes me wanna talk to her.

"Are you sure? Do you think it will fit?"

"Oh.... I forgot, hehehe. Is there any small one?"

"I think the EVGA XC might be practical."

"Oh yes yes, I'll take that!"

Next, to the storage drive.

"Storage drives. It will always be an SSD! I'll go for Samsung!"

This one, do I need to explain? She took something and showed it to me. It's a 1TB NVME Samsung 980. Not the Pro one and It doesn't support a PCIE 4.0 though, but I'll just let that pass.

"What do you think about a $130 1TB SSD?"

"Good actually" Well, as long as you don't mind A PCIE 4.0.

"Yay!"

With that checked, we're moving on to the

power supply charts.

"Power Supply. No power, no boot up. Using an Intel and an RTX 3060 Ti, I need at least 750w, just to give more headroom"

"Don't forget about the size."

"Ahahaha you always, Y/N!"

She took the Corsair SF750, and it's 80+ Platinum Certified, costs around $170.

"Nice taste you got there, Fuka."

"I learned a lot from you, Y/N."

Last but not least is the PC case , which you can find dozens of.

"What case do you use, Y/N?"

"Kolink Rocket"

"Is there any....?" Hmm? My case is not sold here, surprisingly. But there's the alternative though.

"I think it's sold out. But don't worry, there's more to it"

"Give me the case that it's the best, my love"

"Cooler Master NR200, Dan A4, and Ghost S1, all of them cost below $130. Take your pick." I let Fuka choose which is the best for her.

Afterwards, she chose the Dan A4, pretty much the same as mine, but with more headroom. Another right choice for carrying around, impressive.

"I remember that you said you can carry your desktop anywhere as long as it fits in your bag, so I chose this one. Cool right? almost the same as yours."

"Indeed." I can only smile at her.

"Alright. Let me count the total:

*CPU: 120

*Motherboard: 150

*RAM: 60

*GPU: 500

*SSD: 130

*PSU: 170

*Case: 110

Total: $1230

Hmm.... I think I could add one more, but what is it huh....?

"CPU cooler for $30? or even you could replace that SSD to a 2TB one for just another $50. The peripherals? Monitor?"

"My goodness, what an idea! Why didn't I think of that?! I hate the stock cooler, and 1tb is probably just isn't enough. Oh my, even the peripherals and the monitor are not on the list. Okay then, time to add more."

"Let me, I'll get them for you." For once, I wanted to give her a favor, but for some reason, she denied?

"No, it's alright, my love. I know what to pick." 

"I know, but please at least pick it for you. There could have been something better that you might don't know right?" I hope she accepts my offer this time. She kinda had a second thought about it.

"Alright, Y/N. I'll be waiting here." Thank god, she accepted my help.

"Thank you, Fuka. I love you." I kissed her on the forehead.

"Love you too, Y/N...."

"Now, what peripherals do you want and what monitor?"

"Pick what you think is the best. I want the monitor that can be packed, but still has that high refresh rate. Don't worry, Now I don't care about my budget target any more."

"Got it." Now, I went back to find the parts for her.

Not long after that, I got something that's in the deal, 2TB NVME Adata SX8200 Pro for $180 and a Noctua NH-L9I for $30. I took the Asus ROG 240hz gaming portable monitor for $500, 

not a good deal but it'll carry around. For the mouse, it's the Razer Viper Unlimited wireless, no fuss and muss mouse for $100, keyboard and headset are Logitech G Pro series, all cost $220. Hope she won't have a heart attack after looking at the cost, despite the fact that she's wealthy.

I returned back to where we stopped, and I saw Fuka was waiting while looking around her surroundings, probably that's her first time visiting this store. She smiled at me after she saw me.

"You're back. And whoa how much are these?" Oh boy, here comes....

"Let's just say around $1010...." And her response was, laugh?

"Hahahaa. Just $1000?" I know she's wealthy, but I'm just afraid that she's going to overspend....  

"But-" 

"Just kidding, my lovely Y/N~. I love your effort trying to find the best deal for me. And I shall give you something as a reward, but I'll tell you later when we get back home." I can only nod and chuckle at her, accepting the offer. I was thinking too much anyway.

"Now! Let's purchase this!"

Wow, she really is a wealthy girl. The total cost was $2000, beats my specs, but that's probably because she didn't have any peripherals to begin with. Now, she's carrying her purchased items with some packed in the box, while I'm carrying her case.

"I can't wait to assemble this! This is going to be fun!" Fuka is eager to build her PC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1.9K 66
Ultraman Series 60th Anniversary Work ウルトラマンシリーズ誕生60周年記念作品 Ultrawoman Elea (ウルトラウーマンエレア) (Honkai Impact 3rd x Ultraman) (OC Male x Kiana Kaslana) -C...
62 6 6
An anthology collection of random one shot stories, based on my crazy intrusive thoughts while playing Honkai: Star Rail. All sorts of content is inc...
48K 2.4K 48
The Axel Number one adventurer, the one who has fend off against many opponents, the one that defeats the demon king and also known as the panty stea...
50.2K 1.6K 41
"The light is a bond. Someone will inherit it, and it will shine again." "The bond. Nexus." "Don't give up!" A story of a boy who is intangled by fat...