BroCon✨ / Seventeen X Reader

By misasaurus

Credit: (inspired by 'Brother's conflict' anime by Natsuko Takahashi)✨ "I will not accept my classmate as my... More

Banquet
School
Kitchen
Coffee Shop
An Unfamiliar Guest
Luncheon
Confrontation
Citylights
Treatment
Talk
Trip
Groupchat
Destination
Volley Vonka
Moonlit Whispers
Breakfast
Harmony of Hearts
Preparation

The Day My Life Changed

1.3K 43 3
By misasaurus

"Hate to break it to you but I am going to a social gathering "

"Bruh it's your father's date don't say that"

"yeah... Reasonable."

"wear something fancy you know.
You're gonna be seeing thirteen guys there, who knows they could be super handsome ehh"

"ew no.
Shut up they're just kids."

"how do you know"

"Miss Choi told...

well i gotta go my father's calling", I slipped up in a simple mid length dress tying my hair up in a neat ponytail.
Getting ready wasn't my forte ever since lockdown snatched my will to live.
I just vibed to whatever song was playing in the background and applied some light makeup in order to be presentable.
.
.

"Love, I'm almost there.
You should be up and about too.", my father said on the phone.

"sure Appa", I smiled.

It wasn't like I was not happy about his marriage. I truly am because I never got to spend time my late mother.
That's the reason I'm so cranky when it comes to family
Or social life for that matter.
I just hope today goes well.

I set out for some restaurant named Conrad in a cab thinking it would be a common three star restaurant since there were too many kids to afford
a luxury dinner but the moment I reached the venue, my eyes said bye to their sockets.
It was super tall, about a hundred floors and scintillating with expensive lights.
Who knew my step mother could actually come up to be rich.

For all I knew was that I was way under dressed for that palace and going back home to change could get me in a fight with time.
As nervousness crawled over me;
I took a deep breath and stepped forward confidently only to be barred by one of the lavish looking guards.

"Miss you cannot enter here dressed like this", he said.

"What-", the confusion in my head paused when a screech sound emitted by car tyres bought the attention of people including their luxurious pets.

A long line of sedans in distinguished tones of black and white halted in front of the pristine glass doors.
The guard hurried to the first car, thereby opening the door respectfully while a man in a extravagant tuxedo stepped forth.
Did I accidentally end up at met gala?

The car then vroomed off as another took its spot.
This time a handsome man with eyelashes, better than me, stepped off.
While the ladies screamed at his frequent smirks, I realized that I had been enchanted by the men as well.
This was my chance, I thought.

After a few minutes when the crowd thickened, I slowly and sneakily initiated my slip through the doors whistling around idly; but my irrhythmic whistle was what caught the guard's attention, and once again, I was escorted back outside.
This time I struggled a bit which made the guard harshly push me outside leading me to bump into somebody.
Somebody absolutely unfamiliar.

"Are you okay", his voice was as soft as a vintage duck-feather pillow.

"No..
I have an important event today.. But... Turns out I'm not allowed in there", I hopelessly muttered.

"Not allowed in there like this", he added while most probably pointing at my Cinderella sort of dress.

"Well-"

"Come with me", he led me back towards his car which hadn't yet left and motioned the driver something which I didn't understand.

Did he mistake me for an escort?

Maybe I should trust him.
But then rich people aren't to be trusted.. Especially filthy rich ones.

No sooner did he notice my twitching uncomfortably, than he twisted his torso behind to grab a hanger which took me by surprise.
"here.. Wear this"

"Wow.. .. I mean how can I"

"You like it?"

"yes but"

"then wear it; Else they won't let you in."

"Thanks..I'll return it once I get inside.", I said to the mysterious man.
He had bluish grey streaks dyed in black hair as he wore a black glossy, stylish corset inside the tuxedo.
I was impressed by his sense of fashion.

"By the way, what can I call you?"

"You won't be able to call me after tonight cause I'm always too busy at fashion shows but its Minghao,
Xu Minghao"

"Oh.. So you're a fashion designer.

Explains the beautiful dress.", I said as I walk out of the trying room of an expensive I-can't-even-pronounce-the-name-of showroom.

"bravo, you're welcome.
Now let's go back i'm having an important event too.", He barely spared me a look out of courtesy since I was still adjusting the dress.

We went back to the hotel in the low lit car wherein I could see the sparkles in the dress I didn't get the time to admire.

In the dimly lit parking lot, he politely asked me, "Could you please continue from here?
I would love to avoid unnecessary rumors."

I totally understood his problem since the fashion world constructs and demolishes people in line with rumors.

"Yeah... Why not... Thanks.

I'll return the dresses as soon as I get inside.", I said.

"No worries. Besides this looks better on a realer body shape.
I'm sick of similar looking models with pale faces all over the industry.
We need some colors and plus minus sizes too.", Minghao took a good minute to express his opinion.

"Exactly.", I laughed.
Did he basically call me fat?

I entered the gates this time with the guard confused as hell.
Like how did i go from Rags to Riches.
If you heard me right,
I said I was Cinderella.

Reaching the top floor didn't take long in that newest generation techonological elevator with golden metal panes and mirrors surrounding the insides.
I was rather worried about the tiny lump of nervousness forming in my gut by thinking of how my first impression is gonna be a late one.

The waiters escorted me to a room with glass doors conjoined neatly.
After being welcomed inside as if I was a princess, I was bewitched by the sight of a beautiful banquet.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 2.4K 17
My name is Naomi Fujikawa and I am 16 years old. I live with my dad who is a photographer and a traveler. Since he travels in many different places...
2K 217 18
↳ #SVT. [COMPLETED] ¡! ❀┊ ❝ oops, i did it again... ❞┊ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - lee chan, a 7th year hufflepuff stude...
2.7K 122 16
[Prince AU] In a world of four seperate kingdoms,through forced marriage,they are all expected to unite. The princes and princesses go along at first...
38.5K 1.3K 20
Rintarou Hinata, Ema's adoptive Father, is saddened that he can't check up on his sweet Daughter and 13 Son's as often as he would like and calls his...