when i look at you | TWD

By slut4kaiparker

there is no guarantee that this life is easy. in which the babysitter for carl grimes falls for his brother. More

when i look at you.
epigraph
prologue
chapter one. you scared me, kid
chapter two: shifting eyes and vacancy
chapter three: walker bites
chapter four. i have the knife, asshat
chapter five. you wouldn't kill a kid, would you?
chapter six. CDC
chapter seven. test subject 20
chapter eight. under the cars
chapter nine. pain
chapter ten. glad you're okay, walsh
chapter eleven. don't come any closer
chapter twelve. just them
chapter thirteen. why did you do this?
chapter fourteen. flames
chapter fifteen. i won't die, remember?
chapter sixteen. confessions
chapter seventeen: home sweet home
chapter nineteen: cellmates
chapter twenty: epiphany
chapter twenty-one: grief
chapter twenty-two: misery loves company

chapter eighteen: silence

788 21 0
By slut4kaiparker

SLEEPING IN A PRISON IS HARD. Especially when you have people talking loudly, it echoing off the walls in every direction. Ellie sighs deeply while stretching her neck, feeling it pop as she turns it to the side. Her eyes open fully and she groans as she sits up from the spot she laid on. The sunlight in her window caught her off guard, considering she fell asleep at sunset yesterday. Nevertheless, she grabbed her knife from beside her in her bag, placing it on her hip.

Ellie makes her way out of her cell, hearing slight chattering coming from down the hall. Her eyebrows come together in confusion once she see's a majority of the group holding large helmets in their hands, chatting among themselves. "Hey." She says softly, Jax being the first one to look her way, her catching his eye instantly before looking away towards the armor and helmets on the table in front of her. "Is this prison armor?"

"Yeah." Daryl says curtly, passing her a chest plate. "Here. Try it on."

Ellie gave him a questionable look before giving in, sliding it on her body perfectly, except, it didn't exactly fit perfectly as it slid a little lower than her torso, Rick and Jax chuckling at her as she frowned a bit, rolling her eyes at them.

"Here, let me help." Maggie says from across the room, making her way towards the teenager, giving the Grimes' a slight glare, making them look away and back to their guns on the table. She tightens the straps to fit Ellie's petite frame, flashing the girl a warm smile. "Much better."

Ellie smirks back at the woman, nodding in thanks. "So, where we going?"

Everyone freezes, giving Ellie a strange look.

"Well, we..." Jax points to himself, and basically everyone except for Ellie, making the girl fold her arms in disapproval. "are gonna go down to the tunnels to search for any food or supplies."

"Okay. I'm coming with." Ellie flashes a smile at Jax and Rick, who looked a little hesitant to speak on her decision.

"You got a gun?" T-dog asks, raising his eyebrows.

Ellie nods, pulling out her father's gun from where it was tucked behind her belt.

Glenn walks up to her, inspecting the gun closely. "Your dad's?" He asked hesitantly, looking into her blue eyes.

Ellie nods, her grip tightening on it. She remembers the days when he taught her how to use it when the apocalypse started. It seemed so long ago now. "Yeah..." She finally answered, eyes casted down at her shoes.

"Okay, this..." He trails off, grabbing something from the table behind him. "is a silencer." Glenn states, holding it tight in his hand. "May I?" He motions to her gun, El nods and hands it to him. He screws on the silencer with ease and hands it back to her. She takes it in her hand, eyebrow's furrowing at its now heavier weight. "Okay, thanks." Ellie clears her throat while tucking her gun on her side, pulling her hair behind her ears. "Let's get going, shall we?"

It was a nervous twenty minutes for the group as they made their way down. Ellie was right between Daryl and Maggie, a good place to be when you're close to danger. As she walked through the tunnels, her hand remained on her knife, breathing shaky as they got close to the sound of walkers.

Rick was in front of the small group, Jax behind him, both of them with their weapons out, ready, in case something were to pop out at them. Glenn was drawing arrows on the wall with white spray paint so they know their way back towards the prison cells. Ellie inhaled shakily as she heard the sound of walkers get closer the farther she walked.

She watched as Jax slowed down to be at her speed, leaning down towards her ear. "You okay?"

Ellie looks up at him with a faded smile. "Not really." She whispers back, barely audible.

"I could hear you breathing from where I was." Jax whispers, pulling out his water bottle from his bag, handing it towards the girl. The growls of the walkers got closer and she gasps as she see's the shadows from their flashlights. Just as she goes to warn them, Rick does, making a sharp 180 turn, surprising Ellie, making her drop the open water on the floor. They all run passed her in a hurry, not realizing she was gone as they had dropped their flashlights at the shock of walkers being in front of their faces. Ellie's breathing picks up as she reaches for the bottle, picking up the cap in a hurry before proceeding to get up off the floor, feeling a large hand wrap around her arm, pulling her up from the ground.

"No, stop!" She cries out, struggling to escape their grip.

"Hey, it's me." She hears a familiar voice say in her ear, making her body relax in his grip as he pulls the two into another room, letting go of her arm. "What happened? How'd you get behind?"

Ellie laughs humorlessly at Daryl's question, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't even know." She pauses, shaking her head. "Where did the others go?"

As if on cue, a flashlight shines down the hall, making Ellie almost instantly run towards it.

"El, no!" Daryl whisper-screams, running down to chase her as she disappeared into the darkness.

"Jax? Rick?" She yells softly down the hall, getting closer and closer to the light. "Glenn?" Her voice trails off once she see's whose behind the flashlight and how she didn't recognize the face. "Oh, fuck." She mumbles under her breath, moving to take out her gun, but she was a little too late as the lanky man moves behind her swiftly, holding his hands around her neck in an attempt to choke her. Ellie gasps at the sudden squeeze he does as he keeps his hands around her neck. With weak arms, Ellie reaches behind her back, pulling out her gun before moving it upwards under her shirt, cocking it before squeezing the trigger, her eyes beginning to close from lack of oxygen.

The girl gasps for air as his hands release her neck, body falling to the ground with a thud. She crawls away from him desperately, holding her neck and head. Her ears ring, head pounding just as loud as she coughs loudly from her throat being crushed. As she opens her eyes, her vision is blurry. She watches as the unknown man chokes loudly on the floor, the bullet lodging itself right in his abdomen, blood leaking out from his mouth from the lack of oxygen to his lungs.

Ellie grabs her gun as quick as she can, pointing it towards the man with tears pricking her eyes. Her hand shakes immensely as she holds it, the ringing barely fading, her vision now clear.

"El? What the fuck?" Daryl's voice calls out from beside her as he holds up his crossbow at the man on the floor in a threatening manner. "Who the hell are you?" The man says nothing, staying frozen the whole time as Ellie sighs shakily, dropping her gun.

"He's dead." Ellie says quietly, getting up off the floor, careful not to fall on the concrete. "I killed him."

Daryl looks to her with narrowed eyes and Ellie looked back, a mutual understanding they came to without even saying a word. "You okay?" He asks, kneeling down to her level.

"Yeah." Ellie nods, walking towards Daryl, barely being able
to hold herself up. "I think I am."

"Here." Daryl offers her his arm and she takes it, the two making their way towards the door.

"Wait." Ellie pauses, giving Daryl a knowing look. "He'll come back."

"I got it." Daryl moves away from the girl before moving closer to the dead man on the floor. Ellie looks away once his crossbow arrow makes its away into the corpses head, Daryl pulling it out.

He walks towards the girl, holding up his arm. Instead of taking it, she shakes her head. "I'll be good." Ellie tells him while walking away, gun up in front of her, being alert of anything.

"Which way did they go?" Ellie whispers, Daryl speeding up to be a little ahead of her, his weapon in front of him as well.

It's silent between the two, a tense silence, Ellie thought. She had just killed a man and Daryl had little to no reaction. Is this what's the world's come to? She thought to herself. Loud gunshots echo off the walls, sounding awfully close to the duo. A loud, agonizing scream was what came after making Ellie's heart drop to her stomach, eyes wide as she takes off running towards the scene in front of her.

She pulls out her knife and made her way to the walker hovering over the man, their teeth in the flesh of his leg. Ellie instantly lodged her knife into the heads of the undead, giving Hershel her arm to help him off the floor.

"Hershel?!" Rick yells out suddenly, picking him up from the floor instantly. Ellie breaths heavily, carrying his arms as Rick carries his legs. Daryl and Glenn jump in, carrying what Ellie can't. The teenage girl slumps down suddenly, eyes closing as her knees buckle.

Jax jumped into action quickly, catching El just as she began to tumble to the ground. Her eyes open almost instantly and she regains balance, holding her head in pain. "Jax? You okay?" She asks, hands moving up to his arms.

"Are you? What the hell happened? What are those marks?" He moved her hair away to take a better look at her neck and she lets him, letting out a low sigh. "Who did this?"

"I don't know who he was." Ellie pulls Jax's hand away from her neck, pulling it back at his side. "He's dead now, so it doesn't matter."

Jax's face turned up in confusion as his eyes scan her body for any other injuries. "You killed him?" He asks, her nodding slowly. "O-okay..." He trails off, looking back at the undead dead walkers on the ground around them.

"We need to get back." El reminds him with slightly widen eyes, the two following the group down the hall quickly as they reach a small room, locking the doors behind them. The walkers bang on the doors, desperate to get in as Hershel screams loudly behind them, Rick bringing a hatchet down on his leg, cutting it off his body with ease.

Ellie and Jax both help T-dog with the door, pushing it closed as best as they can. She suddenly felt a cold, dead hand grip her shoulders, her groaning in disgust and pulling out her knife, lodging it in the walkers head. There was about 7 or 8 walkers coming towards the door.

"I'm gonna let it go." T-dog says, giving Ellie a worried glance as she struggles to hold the door closed.

"What?" Jax voice shakes as he pulls out his weapon as well.

"Once I do, kill as many of these fuckers you can, alright?" The two teenagers look at each other with a worried gaze, looking back to T-dog and nodding slowly. "Alright... now!" The door swings open and Ellie is the first to knock down a walker, watching as it fell on the floor before she stabs it in its head.

Jax does the same, killing two walkers that lunged at him. T-dog struggles with the three in his corner and Ellie notices, coming to his rescue. She stabs the head of a walker while Jax puts his axe in one, both of them falling to the ground as T-dog kills the last two with the help of El, the three of them panting heavily.

They all turn to the group, Hershel now knocked out on the floor and Rick in a panic, hands shaking immensely as he stares at where he had cut off Hershels leg in a rush. "We... we gotta go." He says in a hushed voice, rubbing his bloody hands on his shirt.

Ellie suddenly hears something moving from across the room and her eyes widen at the first sight of a human being, her gun being pulled right from it's spot and pointed at the man instead.

"Come on out!" Daryl's gruff voice yells out from beside her, his crossbow ready to fire.

"Who the fuck are you?"

andddd so we begin season 3.
ive been writing this chapter for so long omg
hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 3.1K 26
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
750K 2.8K 67
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
43.1K 2.6K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
107K 3.3K 31
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...