Next Target: Clint Barton

By HiddenStoriez

What happens when Yelena Belova returns to a world void of her older sister: Natasha Romanoff? When she decid... More

1 - She's gone
2 - "It's okay."
3 - "Her name was-"
4 - She was my friend
5 - I miss her
6 - No choice
7 - Sisters
9 - Magneto
10 - Losing the fight
11 - We'll meet again
12 - Friends
13 - What have I done?
14 - Really here
15 - "Was it love?"
16 - Not a monster
17 - Too late
18 - Assemble
19 - Final battle I
20 - Final battle II
21 - Final battle III
Epilogue

8 - New threats

529 15 2
By HiddenStoriez

Wanda's ears were filled with the loud ringing of her text tone, she glanced down at the phone sitting on her bed to see a text from Jean. What could she possibly want this time? She reached out for it and read the message displayed over the home screen; it was a picture of her and Vision together in Ireland.

Jean: Meeting right now. Harry has some news for us.

Wanda: On my way.

She makes her way to her closet and hangs the jacket on the hook attached to the closet door, then walks to the door to enter the hall leading to the common area (that no one used, mainly cause they all hated each other).

She paused before walking out the door frame and looked back one last time at the red jacket hanging on the opened closet door. She let out a deep breath. I'm sorry Nat... but I hope you're at peace so you don't have to watch the train wreck that's about to occur. She turned, closed the door to her barely decorated room and left for the meeting room.

She entered the brightly lit and modernly decorated room to see everyone already there, waiting for her. They all turned their heads when they heard her stroll in and gave her annoyed looks as she walked to her place around the table next to Jean.

"About time you got here, Witchy." Agatha announced loudly, while Wanda gave her a look that would've killed a normal person.

"What is this about?" Wanda asked, looking to Jean for an explanation.

"Our plan's about to be set in motion! I've successfully replicated the Pym particle samples Magneto stole from those Hydra bases." Harry's erratic voice spoke from the other side of the table, while slamming a red vial on the giant round table.

"HAH! Well at least there's one thing useful about you, what with having no powers and all." Hela jabbed at him.

"At least I didn't get stepped on by a giant with goat horns!"

"IT WAS A FIRE DEMON!" Hela's eyes glowed green as she continued to argue with the goblin.

"Oh please, you literally could've just ran out of the way, and at least people actually recognize me?"

Hela was about to blast her powers at him before Magneto cut in.

"That is enough out of both of you. We should move on the Avengers compound now."

"Not yet, we don't have enough particles." Jean informed him.

"That's ridiculous, we have enough for a round trip for each of us."

"We should have a few extra at least, just in case something goes wrong."

Agatha joined the conversation to share her viewpoint, "Oh no, I'm with Tinman over here, we should go now."

It wasn't long before everyone else joined in on the conversation, voicing their opinions about when they should set their plan into action. Even though they were all technically a "team" none of them particularly liked each other and all had agendas of their own. Everyone began raising their voices and yelling over each other, all but Wanda. She stood at her spot at the table listening in and observing the train wreck before her.

"How can we be sure that you're not just using us to get them for yourself?" Mordo accused Jean.

All the other villains started agreeing with Mordo as Jean let out a pulse of orange energy that sent a small shockwave throughout the room, pushing all the members slightly off balance as they tried not to fall over.

She rubbed her temples before speaking again, "Please, if I could do this without all you idiots, then believe me I would."

They all went quiet and let her continue. Though they all hated to admit it, she had a point. They all saw for themselves over the past few weeks just how powerful Jean was and the things her powers could do. There was no way in hell that she would put up with them if she didn't truly need them.

"Just remember to do your parts well and we all get what we want. Hela, you can reclaim the sad pile of rocks you call Asgard after your brother's death. Agatha, you get the Scarlet Witch's magic. Magneto, you'll get to use the stones to create a world dominated by mutants. Mordo, you get the Sorcerer Supreme out of the picture. Harry, you get to kill Spiderman. And Wanda, well, you get what you've always wanted." She gave Wanda an eerie and knowing smile.

Wanda tilted her head and looked into Jean's eyes. She was threatened by her, since accidentally bringing her to this world, she saw everything Jean was capable of and just how ruthless she truly was. She didn't like Jean, something about her made her skin crawl, but she needed Jean. It was the only way for her to get her sons back, though no one in the team knew that but Jean and Agatha, and Agatha only because of the whole Hex fiasco.

"What is it you want, I wonder." Mordo questioned Wanda as she gave him a blank glare.

"Oh yes, what is it you want?" Agatha asked sarcastically, while giving her a cynical smile.

"Sadly, something I need you for." She bit back.

"You know, we all know what everyone here is after except for you, makes me wonder if we can trust you." The remaining villains agreed with Mordo as he questioned Wanda.

Jean looked back at the rest of the group, "Relax, we'll all get what we want in the end... and none of us can do it without one another. So there's nothing to worry about."

They all looked to each other and nodded in understanding, though slightly reluctant, as they settled down from the previous argument.

Jean looked to Harry to ask him a question. "How much longer till you can get the rest of the Pym Particles?"

"I can have them by the end of tomorrow." He said with a toothy grin.

"Great, you can all go back to sulking in your rooms now."

"Oh goody." Agatha clapped her hands as she started walking back to her room.

Everyone walked out and Wanda was left alone with Jean.

"They don't trust me... why is it that you do?" Wanda asked with genuine curiosity and a little bit of caution. Sure, Jean knew that she wanted her family back, but she also knew about the time she had spent with the Avengers and the bonds she developed with a few of its members. The fact that she couldn't read Jean's mind made her just that much more wary of her.

Jean let out a muffled laugh, "I've seen what love does to a person, what it can make you do and just how far off the edge it can push you."

Wanda swallowed a hard gulp.

"It's not that I trust you, Wanda... I trust the love you have for your boys."

She turned on her heels and walked out the room, a memory consuming her thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------

"Jean! Jean! Hey, just look at me. I believe in you."

She let out a small yelp of pain as the orange veins grew across her skin and the voices in her head became louder.

'You are weak. Give in.'

"NO!" She held one hand up to her temple as she brought the other up to stop the man from coming any closer; he seemed to be around the same age as her, with dark brown eyes under a  futuristic pair of red single lens glasses. "Please Scott, don't come any closer."

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." He took a step towards her, with his hands up. "I'm not gonna leave you."

'You'll kill him.'

She let out another groan. "AH, please, not him." She looked up at him before closing her eyes again. "Please Scott... I don't wanna hurt you." She begged him helplessly.

He took a few more steps towards her, until he was within arms reach of her. "You can beat this Jean, I am here for you. I love you."

The orange veins began to fade. It was the first time he said it to her and even though she couldn't muster the words in the moment, he knew she felt the same. She took her hands off the sides of her head to look into his eyes. He smiled at her and she returned it along with a laugh.

'Fool.'

Jean's eyes widened and she tensed up when she heard the voice again. Before either one of them could react a blast of orange energy was brutally released from her; it sent Scott flying to the other side of the room where he was slammed against the wall, leaving a dent in the cement. His body fell to the floor, but he didn't get up. His glasses had been knocked off in the process; his eyes were opened but no heat ray came out of them.

Once the energy had subsided Jean turned to see Scott lying on the floor.

"No... no no no, please." She ran to him and kneeled down to put his head on her lap. She cupped her hands around his face as she began to cry. "Scott! Scott! Please... wake up." She pleaded helplessly. She gasped helplessly as the air began escaping her lungs.

'You did this.' The voice was back.

"No! It wasn't me, I- he- I couldn't have."

'Give in.'

"NEVER!" She protested as the orange veins grew again, but this time they were less painful.

'You don't have to feel this pain anymore.'

Her eyes widened at that statement. She could be free of this pain, of the pain of murdering the love of her life. She closed her eyes as she felt the wave of energy spread to every part of her body, it consumed her. Only this time, it wasn't painful. She didn't fight it, instead she let it flow throughout her. It was warm and comforting in a way.

She closed her eyes as the power inside of her grew and opened them again as they glowed a brilliant orange. She unleashed her new found power and with the flick of her wrist, burned down the entire room she was in. Engulfed it in flames, watching as the steel infrastructure melted away and the wood turned to ash.

She made her way through the entire building, burning and destroying everything in sight, until she got to a large pair of double doors.

She looked back one last time to see the building engulfed in flames and the bodies of her victims laying, lifelessly on the charred floor; the body of a woman with ghost-white hair and a man with a shaved head and a wheelchair beside him were the easiest to spot, along with countless children and teenagers.

She walked out the doors and turned back to look at the sign in front of the school one last time; "Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters" it read.

She turned to a strange sound to her left. She saw a red aura in the air, it started out as a small sphere and became bigger as the power spread through the air, till it had become a flat oval, taller than her.

She looked back at the destroyed school and stepped into the portal and out into what looked like a small cabin.

------------------------------------------------------

She pushed the thought from her head and walked out of the meeting room.

"Get ready Wanda, those familial ties may be stronger than you think."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this one's shorter than my usual updates, it's been a crazy week. I'll try my best to make up for it in the next update.  That one's a big one ;)

Please vote and comment if you liked this, they give me encouragement!

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.6K 59
y/n decides to take a break from the avengers after a certain metal armed man joins the team, bucky barnes. she despises him, why? because the winter...
1.8K 109 12
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
223 32 8
๐‘๐Ž๐’๐„ ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐๐’ โ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ.โž โ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.โž A beautiful mess of sarcasm...
320K 7K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...