A Hero's Shadow (BNHA x Male...

By Wolfinator12

For Y/n Kurokage being in someones shadow is the norm. With a Quirk that makes people not notice him and a gr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 18

2.2K 85 13
By Wolfinator12

Y/n took a deep breath to calm down his nerves. Slowly he ascended the few stairs leading up onto the platform that was the fighting area. The odd were stacked against him. Heavily. It will be hard to get his Quirk to take effect, almost impossible even. A million thoughts swirled through Y/ns head like a typhoon.

Racking his mind the blue haired boy began to remember the few times he had witnessed Kirishima fight. It wasn't much but at least it was a start.

Present Mic: "IT IS TIME FOR OUR NEXT FIGHT! AND WHAT A FIGHT WE ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS!" Present Mic began to hype up the crowd, not that that was necessary. "IN THE FIRST ROUND NOONE SAW HIM COMING. IN THE SECOND ROUND HE SHOCKED US ALL! HE HAS GHOST LIKE PRESENCE AND COULD BE BEHIND ALL OF US WITHOUT US KNOWING! Y/N KUROKAGE FROM CLASS 1-A!"

Y/n: "Here!" Y/n shouted so Midnight counts him as present.

Present Mic: "HIS OPPONENT HAS PROVEN TO BE BOTH AN IMMOVABLE AND AN UNSTOPPABLE OBJECT! THE ULTIMATE SPEAR AND THE ULTIMATE SHIELD! EIJIRO KIRISHIMA FROM CLASS 1-A!" The red haired boy looked at Y/n apologetically.

Kirishima: "Sorry bro, but I can't afford to go easy on you. I hope you don't think of me as unmanly for going all out against someone injured."

Y/n: "Go as hard as you want." Y/n replied with a sly smirk, the pun definately intended.

Midnight: "Are both contestants ready?"

Y/n / Kirishima: "Yes Sensei." They answered as they got into their fighting stances. Kirishima slightly froze as he saw Y/n perfectly mirror his stance, for a moment he could have sworn he was facing himself.

Meanwhile in a small classroom at Tokyo Athletics Academy the rising stars in the world of professional junior basketball, aptly named the generation of basketball miracles, began to cheer for their friend.

Aomine: "Look at Kurokage he almosts looks like Kise."

Kise: "I mean he did copy my style when working together with that green haired boy in the cavalary battle." The blond replied.

Midorima: "It was similar yet felt different somehow. What do you think Akashi?"

Akashi: "Kurokage-kun was not copying the movements he was mirroring them. Kise usually needs a moment to get the movements memorized, he has to see them first before he can copy them. Kurokage-kun on the other hand moved in sync with Midoriya, my guess is that the two of them are good friends and have sparred alot."

Momoi: "I still wonder how he lost his leg. Do you think it has to do with the attack on the USJ?"

Akashi: "Most likely."

Murasakibara: "Why is the Hero Sports Festival even so liked, it is just a bunch of kids beating eachother into a pulp?"

Mirdorima: "It is a good first glance at the next generation of Heroes. The strong and flashy ones become popular while the others get a new increase in motivation to strive further." The green haired boy said while tapeing his fingers.

Kise: "Psss! The fight is starting. Go Kurokagecchi!"

Midnight: "BEGIN!" Kirishima instantly rushed towards Y/n activating his Quirk on his arms. Y/ns eyes were fixed on the areas where the hardening took place, something about how the skin and presumeably muscles became hard and rigid must be a way to win this fight. He didn't have time to admire the hardening growing up Kirishimas arms before he had to move.

Dodging to the side Y/n threw a punch of his own, but stopped short of hitting Kirishimas way to open side. It was a trap. Kirishima would not let himself be so open without having his Quirk to protect him and if Y/n were to have hit him it would have hurt the blue haired boy more. He needed a different approach.

For now however he needed to do a lot of dodging. Kirishima was not to be taken lightly. The boy knew how to fight using his Quirk to his advantage. With his Quirk taking away the need for defence he could focus on all out offence. Powerful swings one would rarely use because they would leave you open for counter attacks became fearsome tools.  And Y/n knew that he would not be able to do any harm with his own attacks, except of maybe some kicks with his prosthetic, which was a bad idea in itself. He already has enough pain in that leg from the 'regular' use no need to increase it by kicking someone that was quiet literally hard as a rock.

So dodging was all he could do, with the occasional redirecting of an attack that came to close to be evaded. Y/n would have to wait for an opening that allowed him to lose Kirishimas attention.

It took, seemingly, forever for that opening to come. It came in the form of Kirishima trying to use both his hands to hit Y/ns side. Quickly ducking under the hit Y/n saw Kirishima overextending and turning away from him, the momentum behind his attack carrying him. However the redhead would not give him much time as it would seem.

Kirishima turned and swung towards Y/n, he would not let Y/n any room to think. But as he turned Y/n placed both of his hands on his shoulders and used them as a platform to flip himself over Kirishima. While he was in the air Y/n moved his weight around and swung his feet down into Kirishimas back, forcefully pushing Kirishima down and into the ground. To finish this small show of acrobatics Y/n did a backflip off of Kirishima and landed back on his feet.

Y/n knew that his Quirk would be able to use this moment to take effect however what good did that do? Sure he was now impossible to find for Kirishima, but he still can't deal any damage to the redhead either. With a sigh Y/n sat down and looked towards the very confused opponent of his.

Present Mic: "What are they doing?" The man asked confused.

Aizawa: "Kurokages Quirk made him invisible for Kirishima so he is currently using the time to think of a way to win."

Present Mic: "Is that allowed?"

Aizawa: "We never said the fighters can't stall for time." The man said tired.

The thoughts in Y/ns mind all swirled around one goal, how to defeat someone you can't hurt.

A moment later it clicked. Kirishima is not really used to someone actually attacking him if they realized that it would not hurt him. It was risky and could so easily backfire, but it was a gamble Y/n was willing to take. He got up from the ground and walked towards the nearest corner, much to everyones confusion. Once there Y/n turned to look at Kirishima.

Y/n: "Over here!"

Kirishima: "Oh you should not have done that man." Of course the redhead did not really think twice as he rushed towards his opponent ready to hit him out of the arena. The moment he reached the boy however Y/n ducked and let Kirishima run right into his shoulder, winding him. Y/n grabbed Kirishimas sides and flipped him right over his shoulder out of the arena.

Midnight: "Kirishima is out of bounds! Winner is Y/n Kurokage!"

Y/n: "You got me in quiet the pickle Kirishima. I was unsure how long I would be able to dodge. For the future you should try to add some kicks to your attacks." Y/n suggested as he helped Kirishima up from the floor.

Kirishima: "I really thought I could get you, but you are slippery dude." The boy said with a smile. Together they left the arena. "I'm going to get some popcorn you want some?"

Y/n: "No thanks. I have to go and get the go-ahead from Recovery Girl before the next fight."

Kirishima: "I hope you will be all clear to fight. I am going to cheer for you!" With that Kirishima and Y/n split. The visit in the infirmary was short and Y/n soon rejoined his classmates, ready to watch the match between Momo and Tokoyami.

The match did not go well for Momo. She did manage to block the first few strikes from Dark Shadow, something only a few from class 1-A can actually pull off, but in the end she was too focused on defending that she did not realize that she was getting pushed back further and further. As she finally got ready to retaliate she stepped back out of bounds.

Y/ns heart hurt as he saw the devastated look on Momos face and he could have sworn there were some tears welling up in her eyes. Seeing that there was still more than enough time till his next fight started Y/n went to search for Momo only to find her in a random corridor crying her eyes out.

Y/n: "Defeat and pain are lifes greatest teachers." Y/n began making the girl freeze in fear before she tried to quickly hide her face. "It is ok to feel sad for having lost no shame in that."

Momo: "I-I just couldn't come up with a plan."

Y/n: "But you learned from this defeat." The boy sat down next to Momo. "You are doubting yourself. Either your prowess or if you are worthy of being in our class, right?" He saw her nod from the corner of his eyes. "You think that you only got recommended because your family is rich or because you have a powerful quirk, right?" Again a nod. Y/n sighed. "Your families money did not make you pass the written exam, nor did it make you pass the physical exam. Yes your Quirk is powerful but that is because it is YOUR Quirk. You are one of the smartest people I know, not as smart as Principal Nezu, but he has an inteligence raising Quirk, but still terifyingly smart nonetheless. There are only a handful of people who can memorize the atomic structure of things perfectly, even less people could remember more then one and only you can do so while being under attack. That alone is a remarkable feat. You are worthy of being in our class, worthy of being the vice representative. Today you lost, tomorrow you will be able to find ways to win, in the future you might as well be unstoppable. Take todays loss as a learning experience."

Momo: "How would you have fought against Tokoyami?"

Y/n: "My guess is that Dark Shadow does not like bright lights, so a flare or a flashbang would be a possible way to incapacitate him. Not that that would be enough, Tokoyami is still a decent fighter even without Dark Shadows aid. Your plan of making a shield was great, maybe dont throw it away right after."

Momo: "It was too heavy." She defended herself.

Y/n: "Does it need to be made out of metal?"

Momo: "What?" Now she looked at Y/n confused.

Y/n: "The things you create, do they have to be made out of the typical materials you would find them in? Could you create a shield that is made out of carbon fibre and some other material, or your staff does it have to be metal or could you make it out of something else? You know the shape of the end product and the atomic make up of the material why not switch things around and test things? I mean you literally can create things previously thought of as not viable because of the limited amount able to be made. Carbon Nano Tubes, diamonds the size of a basketball, metal alloys. You could change the material of your shield to allow for greater defense against acid like by making it have a thin layer of gold." Y/n listed off, he had picked up on Izukus habit of overthinking other peoples Quirks rather early in their friendship, but unlike his greenhaired friend Y/n did rarely break out into rambling storms when analyzing Quirks.

Meanwhile Momo sat there in thought. Why had she never tried anything like that? Most of the time she made her weapons out of a rather simple steel because it was easier to remember one atomic make up and just shape it differently for whatever she needed, but was that a waste of her Quirk. Looking at her hand Momo concentrated on something she already made thousands if not millions of copies off. A russian nesting doll. The sparkling light of her Quirk appeared as she mentaly began to shape the metarial of her choice. It was no different from what she used to do, only another material instead of the usual wood. A second later a russian nesting doll that looked like Y/n rested in her hand, but unlike the ones she made before this one was made out of a carbon structure closely resembling diamond. Her eyes were wide in wonder as she turned the doll around in her hand, looking at it from all sides.

Y/n: "You should read up on some theoratic materials, maybe even ask Powerloader for some informations." Y/n said. "Also remember, your Quirk is powerful but your mind is stronger, try to think of things to create for different situations, maybe even have some things always on you, like flashbangs or smoke granades." Momo was still speechless. "I am heading back to the rest of the class. Try not to take too long, Jirou was worried." With that Y/n left Momo to her thoughts, hoping he was able to help her at least a little bit. As he rounded the corner a small blush appeared on his face.

Why was the doll looking like him?

That is it for this chapter, I hope you liked it.

Let me know in the comments below.

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 99 5
It happened when he was three - his mother was killed, and he found that book. The book that brought him to a place far away from his home; far away...
382 1 20
Y/N wanted to be a hero since he was a kid but everyone didn't think his quirk was the real deal. His quirk well what he called it was Imagination, h...
275K 8.5K 20
What if All Might didn't lose the sludge villain the second time? What if Izuku Midoriya was not knocked out of his thoughts on that rooftop by the e...
680 13 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...