The Girl Who Lived - A Cadnis...

By julez_20

What would happen if Cady, Janis and Damian would've met at Hogwarts? It's a love story about two girls with... More

Before we start...
Chapter 2 - Pick Up Lines And Candy
Chapter 3 - Initial Difficulties
Chapter 4 - Welcome to Hogwarts
Chapter 5 - The Morning After

Chapter 1 - The Girl Who Lived

97 5 41
By julez_20

Hello and very welcome to the first chapter of this book... take number 2. xD It's a whole lot different so I hope you enjoy.
PS: Cady is really angry in this one. I just realised that I'm dropping the f bomb a couple of times but don't worry she'll calm down soon😅
Now enjoy.

Cady

Cady sank onto her knees as her screams were filling the air of the night, deep down inside the forbidden forest.

There was chaos around her. Trees caught in flames, patches of grass burned and her friends laying limply on the ground.

She looked up. Her friend who turned out to be her enemy towered above her. An evil, psychopathic smile on her face as she took her by the throat dragging her up on her eye level.

Now this... this was not how Cady imagined her first year at a new school would end. But let's start from the beginning.

————

It was the end of another miserable day in Illinois, Chicago as Cady crawled into her bed. Her head was spinning, her lungs burning and her legs aching, exhausted from sprinting all the way back home from school.

Fuck them. She thought. Fuck them all.

But if she was honest with herself, the people around her scared the living shit out of her. The way they talk, the way they act, the way they think, were just like little threats waiting around the corner.

What did she do to deserve all of this? 3 Different schools, 4 different classes and she was still treated like Satans youngest daughter.

Oh what she would give to get away from this place. Away from Chicago, away from this school, away -

"CADY JANE HERON!" from her so called 'family'.

She groaned as she dragged herself down the stairs, already dreading the idea of having dinner with the Cheswicks.

As she entered the living room they were already waiting at the dinner table, following her movement with a steady gaze.

"About time."

'I'm sorry' Cady murmured, nervously sitting down beside her cousin.

They ate silently - much to Cady's delight - and Cady was counting down the seconds until she could get back to her room again, until her mind slowly started to get foggy and she heard little voices in the distance, as if they were buried inside her deepest subconsciousness, getting louder and more present with every second that passes.

Not now. Cady thought. Not them. Not her.

I'll celebrate when she's finally out of the house.

She wants it, she just doesn't know it yet.

She'd disappear and no one would know.

Their thoughts were running through Cady's mind at a hundred miles per hour, taking in every remaining space inside her head. She couldn't hear her own thoughts, just theirs. Their cruel words towards her and her uncles disgusting fantasies about his secretary.

Her head hurt. Everything got too much. Her brain felt like it was on fire.

"ENOUGH!" Cady slammed her hands on the table. One single pearl of sweat was rolling down her temple and the exhaustion was showing through her furious eyes.

"Enough! Don't worry I'm counting the days by now until I can finally leave this shit hole. No need to remind me that I have to stay here for 2 more years! And you!" She pointed at Regina. "Want me to help you with planning my perfect assassination? Because death sounds like a sanctuary by now. And you!" Cady pointed at her uncle who was clenching his jaw.

"I would choose my words wisely if I were you." he threatened, crossing his arms over his chest.

But it was too late. Cady couldn't control herself.

"Just accept that Diana simply doesn't want to fuck you."

Oh shit.

"Room. Now."

————

Mind reading wasn't exactly a skill you could brag about. Especially when it's uncontrollable and painful.

Cady couldn't remember a time when she wasn't able to hear every persons thoughts within 6 feet distance. It was interesting at times, diving into somebody's mind, reading their thoughts, knowing their desires and discovering their deepest and darkest secrets, but mostly it was a curse.

The never ending voices, sounds and inner monologues made it impossible for Cady to sleep or even think for herself. It was an ongoing torture.

She wanted one peaceful moment... one single moment of complete silence. A simple thing, yet impossible for her to achieve.

She was laying in bed that night, locked into her room, trying her best to focus on the book she attempted to read. Reginas boyfriend came over so her head was filled with thoughts of pleasure, kinks and a feeling of pure satisfaction. It was weird. Almost like third wheeling but worse.

She was about to give up on her book until her focus shifted onto another train of thought. The moans stopped and a little inner voice she never heard before filled her ears.

These goddamn Muggles... when will they learn?

Muggles? Cady asked herself. The voice had a heavy Scottish accent, it was raw but calming, deep yet incredibly sweet. Who was this? And how did he get here?

There was a little klick and the door flung open. Cady blinked a few times as she was greeted by a small, bright ball of light, it's source... an umbrella?

I'm going crazy.

Infront of her was a tall man, his head almost touching the high ceiling of her room. He had long black hair with a shimmer of grey in them. His beard was long and un groomed and he wore old, ripped clothes. He was terrifying, yet something inside Cady told her that he meant no harm. Or maybe it was the little,

They're growing up so fast. which briefly crossed his mind.

Did he know her?

"Cady Jane Heron." He said softly, lowering his umbrella, making the light slowly disappear. "God it's good to see you after all these years!"

So apparently he did know her. But how? She would remember someone who wasn't cruel to her. Cady was at loss for words, opening and closing her mouth twice before eventually saying,

"Uhh... Who are you? And what are you doing in my room?"

The man smirked, crouching down so that he was on eye level with her. "You tell me. You're the one who seems to know what's going on inside peoples heads."

Cady glanced to the wall which was separating her and Reginas room before looking at her feet.

"Thought so... But you already knew that." He chuckled.

"Well that doesn't really answer my question." Cady mumbled. "Who are you?"

"Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts." He gave her a proud smile. "And I am here because, believe it or not, you're a witch Cady"

Silence.

Cady didn't know what to say to this. Now that he said it, it was quite obvious but also not. She couldn't move things without touching them, she couldn't open locks without a key and she most definitely couldn't fly on a broom. But still she just nodded, still looking curiously at Hagrid. "And how do you know this?"

Well this was easy. Hagrid thought as he looked at Cady in shock. Apparently he didn't do this for the first time either.

Hagrid was about to speak when Reginas door closed with a loud bang and she started rattling at Cadys door. "CADY I SWEAR TO GOD!"

She heard us. "Shit."

"I guess I'll tell you on our way."Hagrid said while holding out his arm. "Ready to go?"

Cady looked at his arm and then at him. What the fuck?

She considered it all for a second. A man came in, in the middle of the night to get her away from here, saying that she was a witch and no further explanation. Fun.

But then she remembered that everything was better than this place. So she took one last glance at the door and placed her hand on Hagrid's arm.

The next thing she saw was black. She was pressed very hard from all directions, She couldn't breathe, there were iron bands tightening around her chest, her eyeballs were being forced back into her head and her ear-drums were being pushed deeper into her skull.

"What the fuck was that?!" she exclaimed as she fell onto her knees, landing on a creaking wooden floor.

————

Apparition. A horrible experience.

Cady still recovered from the second long trip as she was sitting at a small table, with Hagrid sitting at the other end, dragging her spoon through the thick consistency of her Soup. Or how the owner creatively named it, 'Soup Soup Soup'.

She didn't feel like eating. She had too many questions. Out of all places in the world, why was she here? In London. On a whole different continent. Why did everyone look at her weirdly as soon as they heard her name? Like she was an object from another time in history. How could she be in a world with people like her, yet she still didn't belong anywhere?

"What's wrong kid?" Hagrid asked softly after a while looking at her in concern clamped into the way too little stool across the table.

"I just-" Cady hesitated for a second. She didn't know if she was ready for that conversation. But she had to know. "Why am I here? And how did you know where to find me?"

Hagrid sighed. Clearly he hoped he could avoid that topic. "Are you sure you want to hear it?"

No. "Every. Single. Detail."

"Have you ever heard the Story of Jezebel?" He asked quietly, looking around cautiously, as if he was scared that someone was watching them.

Cady shook her head, brows furrowed in confusion.

Hagrid nodded with a little 'okay' and continued. "First. And this is very important Cady, not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad, there was one, years ago, that went as bad as you can go and her name was Jezebel."

"Weird name for a witch, isn't it?

"It were dark times back then... Dark times. Jezebel was at the peak of her reign. She was one of the witches who practiced dark magic and promised to kill everyone who didn't share her beliefs, and spread their so called 'wickedness' to other witches and wizards. She killed hundreds of people. Young adults, parents, muggles, wizards... but that wasn't enough."

Cadys face went pale. She knew there was one kind of parallel to a story she heard before, but she couldn't quite place it. So she just listened.

"At some point she started to sacrifice squibs." Hagrid swallowed and you didn't need Legillimency to know that it was a tough topic for him.

"Squibs?"

Hagrid paused. "She sacrificed babies of magical parents who did not inherit their magic."

Cady gasped, clasping her hand over her mouth. There were a few moments of silence before she could ask, "Okay but what does this have to do with me?"

"Your story starts years later. Jezebel was gathering more followers from other places in the world... and anyone who stood up her ended up dead. Your parents fought against her... but nobody lived once she decided to kill them... Nobody. Not one. Except you Cady."

"Me? How?"

"That's a question that yet has to be answered."

"And what happened to her?" Cady asked cautiously.

"Well.. some say she died. Nonsense in my opinion. No, I reckon she's out there still, too tired to carry on... But one thing is absolutely certain. Something about you stumped her that night. That's why you're famous Cady. That's why everybody knows your name. You're the girl who lived."

And this is it for now. I hope it wasn't too boring because this was more of an introduction of Cady. The next one's going to be more exciting.

Note: The reason why I'm rewriting all of this is because I just didn't like the way I wrote the first chapters by now. I got better since I last updated this book so I thought let's do this again and also treat it like a book and not like different one shots, like I always do.

Anyways I hope you like it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 160 25
HARRY POTTER | All's well that ends well to end up with you m.riddle
490 23 26
When a detention goes wrong, Jami Evans wants nothing to do with her favorite book series. Alas, there is nothing she can do when something strange h...
20.8K 1K 26
" π˜ͺ 𝘨𝘢𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘢𝘭π˜₯ 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦, 𝘸𝘒𝘭𝘬π˜ͺ𝘯' 𝘰𝘢𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 π˜₯𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘸π˜ͺ𝘡𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘒𝘨𝘴. "
33.2K 924 14
Y/n and George met one fateful, cold january day. It was love at first sight. Almost... 'Cause if Y/n is a muggle and George is a wizard, it can't be...