From Afar | Winrina

By reasouru

"𝘠𝘰đ˜ļ đ˜Ĩđ˜°đ˜¯'đ˜ĩ 𝘭𝘰𝘰đ˜Ŧ 𝘧𝘰đ˜ŗ đ˜ĸ 𝘱đ˜Ļđ˜ŗ𝘧đ˜Ļ𝘤đ˜ĩ 𝘱đ˜Ļđ˜ŗđ˜´đ˜°đ˜¯. 𝘠𝘰đ˜ļ 𝘭𝘰𝘰đ˜Ŧ 𝘧𝘰đ˜ŗ 𝘴𝘰𝘮đ˜Ļđ˜°đ˜¯đ˜Ļ 𝘸𝘩īŋŊ... More

INTRODUCTION
01 | Secrets, Reasons, And Pink Pringles
02 | Not Her Story
03 | Who She Deserves
04 | The Red Haired Girl
05 | Mindoongie And Yuji
06 | A Double What?
07 | She's Perfect
08 | Too High
09 | Defy All Odds
10 | The Breakfast For Today is Misunderstanding
11 | Lies And Motives
12 | The Start
13 | Always Been
14 | Chase You Not
15 | How Tall Are You?
16 | Love Is War
17 | She, Who Deserves Her
18 | Behind The Lines
19 | All The Things I Did
20 | All The Things I Took
21 | Of Sacrifices And Risks
23 | Fate's Work
24 | She Likes Spring, I Prefer Winter
25 | Come Home
26 | Best Friends
Fin | From Afar
A Letter From Me To You

22 | Reached You

9.6K 420 117
By reasouru

'I'm home.'

Wouldn't you say that when you see yourself inside of your own house that has been your comfort zone for years?

But no, not for Minjeong.

Because as soon as she felt those two arms wrapping around her and pulling her close, even slightly lifting her up which made her giggle, that's when she felt it. 

She's home. 

In Jimin's arms. 

"Hi." She greeted the taller girl shyly. She's still not used to the fact that Jimin likes her.

And it didn't help that the girl has become bolder since the confession.

"I missed you." Jimin slightly pouted, tightening her embrace.

"I was gone for only two days."

"Still, I didn't see you."

Minjeong smiled. "But now you're seeing me, aren't you?"

"Yup." Jimin beamed. "Which means I'm going to spend this day with you, and the days after."

"Huh?"

"I want to spend the remaining days of this vacation with you, Mindoongie." Jimin opened the car door for Minjeong. As soon as the girl got inside, Jimin immediately buckled the seatbelt for her.

"Do you really like buckling someone's seatbelt?" Minjeong asked her.

Jimin winked. "Only for you." Then, she closed the door and went to the driver's seat. 

"So, where do we go? Are you hungry? Do you want to eat first?" 

Minjeong hummed. "I want a sandwich."

"Subway then?"

"Okay."

Jimin started to drive. 

"What time did you wake up earlier, Yuji?" Minjeong asked while looking through the window.

The sun is slowly rising. 

"I think it was four?" 

"That early?" Minjeong looked at her. 

"I'm going to fetch you."

"And I told you, you don't need to. I can just ride a bus."

"As if I will let you." Jimin smiled. "Besides, Jennie Unnie told me to take care of you, so I will."

The short haired girl sighed.

"Both of you get along well, huh?"

Jennie didn't have time to drive Minjeong back to Seoul because of her busy schedule, and Minjeong was supposed to go back by riding a bus but Jimin suddenly showed up in front of their house, telling Minjeong that she would be the driver for today. 

"Of course. I need to be close with my future sister-in-law."

Minjeong blushed with the statement. 

"H-how did you know that Unnie isn't going to drive me home today?"

"She texted me." Jimin shrugged. "I think Yuna gave her my number. She texted a couple of times yesterday, telling me these rules and stuff." She chuckled.

"Huh? Rules?"

"Yeah. Like taking care of you, cook dinner for you, wash the dishes for you, clean the house—"

"Wait what?! She said that?!"

"Just kidding." Jimin laughed when she saw Minjeong glared at her. "She just told me to take care of you and to never hurt you, that's all."

"…She can be dramatic sometimes."

"Aww, just say that you appreciate it, Love."

"Shut up."

The taller girl laughed once again.

"Mindoongie…"

"Hmm?"

"You know we need to talk about something, right?"

Minjeong didn't speak. Jimin glanced at her before holding her hand.

"It's okay if you still don't want to—"

"No, no." The short haired girl cuts her off. "I'm…I'm ready to talk about it."

Jimin's grip on her hand tightened.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel pressured."

"It's okay, I want to do it. I'm planning to talk about it today, actually." She looked at Jimin.

"Okay then." Jimin smiled. "Do you want to go to my house?"

"For what?"

"To talk?"

Minjeong glared at her. "Wipe that grin off of your face, Yuji."

The taller girl laughed. "What? I don't mean anything by that."

Minjeong only raised an eyebrow at her. 

Jimin pulled her hand closer to her lips, softly kissing it multiple times. 

"I promise."

The short haired girl stared at her for a second, before sighing. 

"F-fine." Her eyes narrowed. "Are you not going to stop kissing it?" She asked when she felt Jimin's lips pressing on the back of her palm again.

Jimin smiled. "I want to kiss you." 

She then chuckled when she saw how Minjeong's eyes widened. 

"But I can't do that right now," She kissed Minjeong's hand once again. "So I'm going to settle with this."

Minjeong could only blush madly. 

Jimin and her antics would definitely be the death of her. 

____

"Here we are."

Jimin opened the door, revealing the lavishing interior of the house. Minjeong looked around with awe. 

"Wow…I didn't expect this."

The taller girl chuckled. "Why?"

"I expected you to live in a modern type of house." Minjeong glanced at her. "But this is more of a mediterranean style."

"Well, this is my parent's house." Jimin shrugged and closed the door, guiding Minjeong towards the living room. "I have a condo unit, but that's far from your house."

"It looks really clean here." Minjeong muttered while staring at the shining marble floor. 

"My grandma always brings a cleaner once a week." The taller girl responded. She sat on the couch and patted her side. "Come here, baby."

Minjeong sat on her side and Jimin immediately held her waist and pulled her close.

That's when she figured that Jimin really likes wrapping an arm around her waist. 

And she likes it. 

"Do you want to talk now?" Jimin asked while looking at her. 

Minjeong nodded her head. 

"Okay." Jimin smiled. "Do you wanna go first?"

Minjeong nodded once again as she took a deep breath before starting. 

"I'm sorry."

Jimin's eyebrows creased. "For what?"

The short haired girl chuckled.

"For being so complicated."

"Min—"

"Let me talk first." Minjeong hushed Jimin with her finger, and the former immediately stopped. 

"I'm sorry for being so complicated." She repeated. "For the past few months, everything was so hard for me. I kept thinking about you, about Aeri, about our situation, and how I wanted to get away from it. I kept running away, Yuji."

She looked at the girl beside her. 

"I went to my mother's house to clear my thoughts, and to know if continuing to like you is the right thing to do." She smiled. "That's when I realized that the situation wasn't as bad as I thought…"

"Because I'm only making it hard for myself."

"Just like what I said before, you're a moon to me, Yuji." She muttered. "And that I could only watch you from afar."

"If I didn't go to my mother's house, I wouldn't know that I could actually do something. That I could actually try, no matter how hard it is."

"Because we're in this together." Jimin muttered softly.

"Yes." Minjeong smiled. "We are."

"That's why I'm saying sorry, Yuji. Because I made it complicated for all of us when I could've fought for you from the start. Even if it means risking my friendship with Aeri…" 

"Because you're perfect to me."

"Does this mean…" Jimin trailed off. 

Minjeong chuckled. 

"Yes. I'm ready to try, Yuji. I'm ready to reach you."

"You don't need to reach me, Mindoongie." Jimin smiled widely, pulling Minjeong even closer to her. "Because I was already reaching you from the start…"

"You've reached the moon, love." Jimin muttered. "And I finally got my universe back to me."

Minjeong smiled widely, eyes brimming with tears. "T-this is getting really emotional."

"Yeah." The taller girl chuckled. "And you know what?"

"What?"

"I really want to kiss you right now."

"…Then why don't you do it?"

That was the last straw for Jimin. 

She wasted no time and immediately leaned closer, finally claiming Minjeong's soft lips with hers.

The former's eyes widened in surprise, but soon fully closed in pleasure. Her hands went to Jimin's shoulders, while the girl gripped tightly around her waist. 

Their hearts are both beating rapidly. 

Jimin nibbled Minjeong's lower lip gently, which made the latter's breath hitch. But she soon responded back with the same passion. 

After a few seconds of soft and gentle kissing, they slowly pulled away from each other. 

Jimin's lips glided to Minjeong's left cheek, softly pecking it over and over, which made the short haired girl giggle. 

"Haha stop!" 

Jimin leaned away and smiled widely at her. "I love you so much, Kim Minjeong. Be my girlfriend."

"You're not even asking." Minjeong chuckled. "And you don't want to court me?"

"I want to." Jimin said. "But then, If I could have you now, and then court you for the rest of our lives, wouldn't that be better?"

"Well…It is." Minjeong looked at her. "But I still can't answer that question for now, Yuji."

"I'm not even asking."

"You get what I mean." Minjeong playfully rolled her eyes on her. "You know that we still have one thing to settle, right?"

Jimin nodded.

"I still want to fix that first before I can finally become happy with you." The short haired girl said. "Can you still wait for me?"

"I waited for almost 10 years, Love." Jimin chuckled. "I don't think waiting for days would make a difference. So yes, I can wait."

Minjeong smiled. "Thank you."

"So…Let's go to my room?"

"Yuji!"

Jimin laughed. "You keep thinking of something else. I think you're the one who wants to—"

Minjeong covered her mouth. "Shut up, Yu Jimin."

The taller girl gently pulled the hand away from her mouth. "Okay, Yu Minjeong."

"It's Kim."

"For now."

"Ugh…" Minjeong shook her head. "I really can't win against you."

"But you already win me, baby." Jimin chuckled when she saw Minjeong's glare at her. "Okay, okay. I'll stop. Let's go to my room now, love."

"What are we going to do there?"

"Sleep. I want to sleep." Jimin stood up and gently pulled Minjeong up too. "With you, of course." 

As soon as Jimin said the word, Minjeong felt herself yawning.

"Okay…" She muttered. "I'm feeling sleepy too."

"Let's sleep then!" Jimin enthusiastically pulled her upstairs, and Minjeong could only stare at her.

Her heart feels full.

And she loves it. 

Minjeong smiled. 

She loves her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 282 10
Karina Yu believed love wasn't real. She was always quite uninterested in relationships. Until her eyes connected with Winter Kim's.
27.9K 1.9K 21
"I need you to be my girlfriend." Internet noob Minjeong unexpectedly finds herself dating the nation's biggest pride, singer-songwriter Yu Jimin. It...
21.4K 1.1K 8
Karina Yu has mind reading power, but she couldn't find 'the one' whose mind she can read yet. Not until a voice from nowhere took her by surprise, l...
12.4K 426 23
Winter and Karina who have been friends since their teenage year finally debut in a group together. But Winter started to realise her feelings toward...