The Polaroid's on the Wall

Af Rro110

*Complete* Cyrus is a normal 15 year old boy. He excels in school to the delight of his 4 overprotective pare... Mere

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Some place special
Chapter 3: Here comes the Sun
Chapter 4: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Chapter 5: You're my Best Friend
Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand
Chapter 7: Absence
Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 9: The Savory Type
Chapter 10: Emotional Graze
Chapter 11: Forced
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Killing Genevieve
Chapter 14: New friends
Chapter 15: Apologies
Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush
Chapter 17: Peace and Conflict making
Chapter 18: Destruction
Chapter 19: I'm Done
Chapter 20: Midnight
Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection
Chapter 22: Gay nerds
Chapter 23: No escape from reality
Chapter 24: Guess who's back
Chapter 25: Shoulder to cry on
Chapter 26: Let's fall in love for the night
Chapter 27: Clementine Marrios
Chapter 28: What they're like
Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry
Chapter 30: The Start of Something New
Chapter 31: 16
Chapter 32: Murder
Chapter 33: Objection
Chapter 34: See you then
Chapter 35: Photofinish 1

Chapter 36: Photofinish 2

236 5 16
Af Rro110

This is so long awaited I'm so sorry it took me so long I just couldn't get in the swing of things and I didn't want to rush it so I could give you a good finale chapter! Anyway it's here now and thank you all for making it to the end of this fan fiction I really appreciate your comments they always make me laugh and this won't be the last of me writing Tyrus. I have another fan fic I've written loads on for years and never posted so I'm going to start doing that now! It's a little different but I hope you enjoy it as much as you liked this one. I hope you enjoy ❤️

TJ POV:

The lack of taste this DJ has was actually upsetting me as I watched Reed and Lester make sexual gestures at one another for the next hour until they finally left- probably to get off somewhere together.

'It's a shame they didn't ask you to be the DJ,' Chris chuckled, 'Your music taste is definitely better than whoever "wrote" this beat track,'

'But still an acquired one,' I shrugged, 'Reed and Lester would hate it if I Djed,'

'You could play Taylor Swift?'

'No one is suppose to know I like her,' I lowered my voice to a whisper, 'You said you'd keep it a secret!'

'Sorry!'

We laughed together and I took a deep breath, 'God, I missed this,'

'Missed what?'

'Laughing with you,' I nudged his shoulder lightly, 'like old times,'

Chris' smile faded and he started playing with his hands like he always does when he's upset about something, 'I'll miss it,'

I frowned, 'We have the whole rest of the summer together, it's fine!'

He paused, biting his lip as he looked at me awkwardly, fiddling with his hands.

I instantly started panicking, 'What?'

'I was going to tell you after the party because I wanted you to have a good time but-' He cut himself short, 'I'm leaving,'

I sat up straight, the dejavu too strong for me to concentrate, 'When?'

'Next week,' He admitted, pulling himself away from me.

I stared for a second before uttering, 'Why?'

Chris hugged his knees to his chest, 'For multiple reasons. For starts I have been neglecting my course work when I'm taking exams next year and being assessed, secondly I want to go stay with my other family for a while and meet my little sister and step-mom and also there's something else.' He paused displaying a smile that didn't meet his eyes, 'you don't love me,'

I blinked, shaking my head as if that was going to get rid of the mix of emotions I was feeling, 'Sorry?'

'You don't love me anymore,' Chris repeated bluntly, 'It's obvious,'

I tried to think of what to say next, did I love him? Did I love anyone? What was he even saying right now?

'I don't know what to say,' I said honestly, 'Why would you think that?'

'Because I don't feel it,' Chris gestured between us, 'Last time we were together I could feel your feelings, that's why I kissed you before we were together, but every time I kiss you now.....I can feel you hesitate,'

Guilt and worry shook through me, Do I hesitate when I kiss him?

'It's alright,' He sighed, 'I really do still love you but I understand why you still don't love me,' Chris brushed his brown curly hair from his eyes, 'You can relax,'

I thought about my conversation with my mother this morning and huffed, 'I'm sorry,'

'It's cool,' Chris breathed, 'And I really did love coming back here and getting to relive what we had but I know this time it just wasn't real,' He grinned, 'But you have to promise not to stop talking to me and delete my number, I don't want you to be a stranger,'

I could feel the tears in my eyes forming, 'Yeah, no, of course. I'll text you,'

Chris got to his feet, about to walk away when he grabbed my left cheek and planted one last kiss on my lips, 'Don't be a stranger!'

He skipped off over to his sister and I honestly couldn't believe what just happened. We just went to being a happy couple to broken up for the second time in seconds. But I must admit it didn't hurt nearly as much as it did the first time.

Probably because he's right- I don't love him anymore.

I stared over across the field watching Cyrus in an outdoor chair, I recognised it as one of the ones we use when we go camping as a family. Went camping as a family even. He was being treated to drinks and my sister as well as Iris and Kira were all treating him like royalty whilst I sat here alone with a broken heart and just feeling so lonely.

I jumped out of my skin when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

'Fuck!' I exclaimed, whipping around to glare at the person, 'What are you-' I froze, my expression softening when I saw who it was, 'Libby?'

The girl signed Sorry before sitting down beside me on the grass, her legs outstretched before her. I noticed she was drenched in water which must have had something to do with the water guns Reed had set out only asking for trouble, especially around the speakers.

'You having fun?' I asked, not sure what I was supposed to say to her right now given she hates me and I have mixed feelings towards her at the moment.

She nodded and signed, 'Are you?'

I blew out my cheeks and shook my head, 'Chris told you he's leaving Shadyside and you feel bad right?'

Libby shrugged, being caught out.

'It's fine,' I shrugged back, 'It's for the best anyway,'

She looked disappointed, hesitating before signing, 'I'm really sorry for how I've been acting,'

I waved a hand, 'Oh, it's fine, really, I'm used to that,'

'It's not fine,' she sat up on her knees and shook her head, 'I judged you when I didn't know the full story and that caused you and Cyrus to break up,'

'We broke up because I didn't want him to know what a terrible person I was,' I pointed out, 'Not because of you,'

'It's my fault,' Libby insisted, 'And not only that but Cyrus doesn't want to hang out with us anymore because I was rude to you, because he cared about you,'

I thought back to the Polaroid writing, that one word still circling in my head.

Love.

'I appreciate you apologising to me,' I thanked her, feeling guilty then, 'But I have to apologise to you too,'

'Why?'

I took a deep breath, 'Because Chris only punched me last year because of something I said about you- and I'm sorry for what I said. And I'm sorry for hurting him and any of your friends who I've hurt I will say sorry to them also,'

Libby nodded, 'We both said bad things about each other, we can't take them back but we can stop ourselves from saying them again.' She untied one of her bracelets, a friendship bracelet and wrapped it around my wrist, tying it neatly, 'A fresh start,'

I admired the red white and blue threads that had been crafted woven and nodded, 'A fresh start,'

She spoke allowed then, 'I'm sorry,'

I spoke allowed as well, 'I'm sorry,'

'Is there anyone else you need to say sorry to?' Libby asked in sign language.

I paused, thinking on it, 'Actually.....yeah, there is,'

Cyrus POV:

I was feeling a little tipsy after the multiple cocktails but not so much that I was about to spill my secrets or anything.....well not too much anyway.

'I said gay to the Adrenaline city guy,' I slurred, 'I think it was Adrenaline city?'

'No way!' Amber laughed, 'that's so funny!'

I frowned, 'Ambs I literally went home and cried,'

'Poor baby Cy,' Iris chuckled, 'We all have young gay memories- at least you didn't get drunk and tweet your sexuality to a class group-chat,'

'Oh god,' Kira stared, sipping her glass, 'Thank god I'm straight,'

'Can't relate,' Amber laughed again, spilling a bit of her drink which went of the shoes of someone stood in front of the group.

'Oh!' She exclaimed, hand flying to her lips, 'I'm so sorry!'

Chris grinned, shaking his doc martens to get the strawberry off them and shook his head, 'Sorry! I should have announced myself,'

My heart leapt as I felt extremely intimidated by him even just standing there in his stupid fashionable outfit and skirt and doc martens and very light yet slightly tanned skin and beautiful hazel eyes and and ugh his hair. No wonder TJ finds him irresistible.

'Did you need something?' Iris asked nicely, 'A drink?'

Chris put his hands behind his back and leant forwards cutely, 'I was wondering if I could talk to Cyrus,' his smile was gorgeous and it distracted me from what he said before I finally registered it.

What does he want to talk to me about?!

The three girls exchanged glanced and decided since I was the king that they would get up and dance while we stayed here at the blanket.

Chris set up the chair none of the others had wanted to use because they didn't want to upstage their highness and put it so it was beside me. He pulled his feet up so they were tucked under his legs and he sipped his drink of water he'd brought with him.

'How are you liking the party?' He asked.

I stifled a laugh, 'Umm, if I'm being honest, social gatherings aren't really my forte,'

Chris chuckled, 'I understand , especially since half the people here don't remember me,' he pointed at me, 'I find this weird considering I'm the weirdo everyone stared at,'

'That's me now,' I sighed, 'except from you probably have tons of friends and I have none,'

The boy shook his head, 'Cyrus, you have friends,' he gestured to Amber, Iris and Kira who were getting down to Marty's (admittedly terrible) DJ set, 'and you really think I'm popular?'

'Everyone likes you,' I shrugged.

His smile faltered, 'I'm not as cool as you're making me out to be,' he drunk some more of his drink, 'I came from a small village when everyone else had known each other for ages, Logan isn't like Shadyside where everyone knows everyone. At school no one even looks at me,'

I felt like I could oddly relate to this as Chris seemed extremely vulnerable for once.

'Not that I want your pity or anything,' he said quickly, 'It's just everyone expects me to be living this awesome life with lots of friends but the truth is no one is completely at ease- not even me,' Chris ran a hand through his locks, 'Anyway, this wasn't what I was here for,'

I laughed nervously, 'then what were you here for?

He raised his eyebrows, 'I wanted to tell you something,'

I waited.

He looked at me, his expression unreadable, 'I think you're an idiot, Cyrus,'

I blinked in confusion, this cool calm and collected person who usually was polite and easy going had just insulted me and I don't think I've been more shocked since Jesy left little mix.

(I wrote this before THE song came out but I've left it in because the joke was funny. But just to make it clear- I do not like her)

'What?' Was all I could say.

'You're an idiot,' Chris repeated bluntly.

I was trying to see where he was going with this but we both just stared awkwardly at each other saying nothing.

'I-' I hesitated, 'I don't understand, why do you think I'm an idiot?'

Chris looked over where TJ was sat with Reed and Lester, 'Take it from someone who is also an idiot, you fucked up- big time,'

I watched as TJ laughed with Reed and Lester as they filled the water guns with beer and shot it into each others mouths.

'You and I have made the same mistake,' He continued, 'It's too late for me, but it might not be too late for you. I just thought I'd warn you before it really is too late because if I could go back? I wouldn't have done it the same, that's probably my only regret,'

I looked between him and TJ and the back at him, 'What are you saying? TJ's your boyfriend,'

Chris made a confusing noise, 'Well, yes, he was for a time. But he never really was mine,' he looked at me, 'Because he still likes you,'

I felt very guilty, the unwanted memories of the party coming back, 'How do you.....know that?'

Chris picked at a friendship bracelet on his wrist, 'I heard him, at the party,'

I blushed red, 'Oh,'

'It's fine though,' Chris explained, 'I mean, it hurt to hear him say it out loud but I kinda already knew it because it was obvious,'

I nodded, 'So.....what are you trying to say?'

He grinned, 'I'm trying to say that TJ is a very good guy who is handsome and loving who could definitely, and wants, to make you happy. All he needs is a second chance, he deserves one at least,'

I had barely finished processing these words before Chris hopped to his feet, 'Ooooo I love this song, finally something that's not computerised,'

He likes this song?

Holding out his hand, Chris tilted his head, 'You wanna dance?'

I was still freaking out but the thought of dancing with Chris wasn't so daunting that I was going to decline the invitation to do so. Especially not when this whole time he's made the effort to be nice to me and I've done nothing in return but judge him from afar.

'Sure,'

TJ's POV:

I carefully made my way down the hill me and my friends were perched on towards the dance floor where I could see just the person I wanted to speak to dancing with my sister to one of the god awful songs booming through the speaker that felt like a punch in the gut and an insult to the classics I worship.

'Hey!' I shouted over the music, tapping her shoulder.

Kira turned around, looking surprised to see me stood there.

'Can I pull you for a second?' I asked awkwardly.

She nodded slightly, the two of us making our way through the crowd of people over to the bottom of the hill where we both stood in silence before I figured out what I was going to say.

'I just wanted to say that I'm sorry,' I said honestly, 'I shouldn't have just left the group and shut you out without an explanation or without thinking you might have been in it because you were having a hard time too. It was selfish and I know that so I wanted to apologise for ignoring you and acting like our friendship was nothing, I'm really glad you managed to figure your stuff out without me though so yeah,'

Kira folded her arms, her expression a little sour, 'not all of us have good friends to fall back on TJ, you're super lucky you had that. I didn't, I was alone for ages because everyone just forgot about me. That wasn't fair,'

'I know,' I agreed, 'I really am sorry,'

Kira nodded, 'I know, and I do forgive you but I'm also sorry for being a little pushy. I guess I thought if I showed how much I liked you then you'd like me back but then that obviously wasn't the case because you're gay so I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable,'

'Oh no, you don't have to apologise but thank you,' I replied, kicking my converse into the ground.

Kira raised her eyebrows, 'So, hows it going with that guy Chris?'

I laughed, 'He just broke up with me,'

Kira grinned, 'Oh no, how awful,'

I gave her a weird look.

She waved her hands, 'Not for me! I was talking about you and Cyrus,'

I sighed, 'He won't get back with me,'

'You're literally the most oblivious man I know.....and I know Jonah Beck!' She said frantically, 'You can't seriously tell me you believe he's over you already?'

I rolled my eyes, 'Stop giving me false hope! He's with Walker anyway-'

'Walker Brodsky?!' Kira sniggered, 'Oh wow Kippen, you really are a dumbass,'

I frowned.

'He's not with Walker!' She shook her head, 'Now are you going to come up with a grand gesture to win Cyrus back or is this story going to end up with a sad ending because I hate those fanfictions,'

I lowered my voice to a whisper, 'Don't break the forth wall here, do you wanna be shipped to Canada too?'

She also whispered, 'What? The author had to get one more forth wall break before this ends,'

'Fair,' I sighed again, 'and about the grand gesture.....' I bit my lip.

She gasped, 'Holy shit, you've already planned it haven't you?'

I glared at her, 'Keep your voice down! I don't know, I think I've got something but I don't wanna be too cheesy or make him uncomfortable or feel under pressure or-'

Kira started laughing and I frowned because I didn't think I'd said anything particularly funny.

'What?'

She continued to giggle, 'TJ Kippen? Worried about making someone feel uncomfortable or under pressure? That literally used to be your full time job,'

'Used to be,' I emphasised, 'Besides, I have to let that go. That's who I was but who I am now? That's what's important,'

Kira smiled, 'Well, if that's the case then Kippen- I think you've got a boy to win back,'

'Right, I know what I'm going to do!' I paused, something dawning upon me which made my smile dim.

Kira looked around, 'What's the matter? You look like you just saw Genevieve's ghost,'

'The gesture.......is at my house,' I said sorrowfully.

Her eyes widened substantially, 'The hell was the point in planning something if you weren't going to bring it to the location?!'

'I made it on whim! I didn't expect to be putting it in motion!' I argued, 'there's not enough time to go and get it now, it's almost sunset and the party will be over and everyone will go home,'

Crossing her arms and quirking an eyebrow, Kira raised her voice, 'Are you a quitter Kippen?'

'What?'

'I said are you a quitter?!' She said louder, causing the people around us to stare awkwardly, 'You going to let time get the better of you so you can't win back your man?'

I scoffed, 'What do you suggest I do? Tell the sun to stay out a little longer?'

She waited.

Understanding, I nodded my head, repeating, 'Tell the sun to stay out a little longer!'

'You bet,' Kira punched my arm, 'Now go!'

Cyrus POV:

Chris twirled me around as the song finished, the two of us clapping along with everyone else who was thoroughly enjoying the mix as Marty took the mic and held up a hand.

'I will now be taking a break, don't miss me too much, but never fear because I'll be handing over to my dude J-swizzle aight, Jonah Beck everyone!' He passed the mic to Jonah who looked like he knew just as much about Djing as he did maths.....not a lot considering he thought Pi was equal to a blueberry crust.

'Hey!' He said with his unearned confidence in front of the large group of people, something I knew I would never be capable of doing, 'It's nice to see all you lovely ladies, gentlemen and others in the audience tonight.....I'm just going to hit the play button now,'

Jonah tapped a key and suddenly "Deepthroat" by cupcakKe started blasting so loud we were sure the whole of Shadyside could hear it.

'DUDE! This is my fav!' Reed screamed, the only one who was dancing to the monstrosity.

Turning bright red, Jonah fumbled around quickly pressing the keys to try and make it stop but it only skipped through the song landing on words such as "dick" "dentist" and extremely inappropriate noises.

He gripped my mic, grinning awkwardly and saying, 'I think it should be Little Mix now.....fingers crossed,' Jonah did just that before hitting the space bar and a Little Mix song started. Everyone took a deep breath as they managed to start dancing again, me and Chris making our way off the dance floor and back to where we were sitting with Amber and Iris incredibly drunk despite Iris' claims to be watching their consumption.

'I feel bad for Jonah,' Amber cringed.

'Poor Marty,' Iris countered, 'He just went and exposed his Spotify,'

'Maybe we should console him,' Chris joined in.

'Which one?' I asked, laughing along with them.

But I ended up being the only one laughing as Amber, Iris and even Chris' smiles dropped like they'd seen someone they really didn't wanna see.

''Ello Poppet,'

I turned around to see Walker smiling guiltily at me as I tried to process what was happening. He was here speaking to me?

'Oh.....hi?' I said hesitantly, I should be mad at him but his stupid dumb grin is threatening to make me instinctively laugh already.

Sheepishly, he put his eyes to the ground and toed some grass on his trainer, 'I was thinking you, me, Nat, Mart and Libs could talk?'

I glanced to Amber who gave me a thumbs up of encouragement which made me nod slightly at Walker and follow him to to where the other three were sat where they had their water gun fight.

They all quietly said hello as I sat down on the picnic blanket which was fluffy with a blue tartan pattern which gave me something to hold onto whilst I sat through this awkward conversation.

'Cyrus,' Walker started, 'I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for everything that happened between you, us and TJ. It wasn't fair and we were all really dumb,'

'Yeah, you were,' I agreed, 'TJ needed help, he needed a friend and you were just constantly judging him for finding that without knowing or caring about what he's going through,'

'You're right,' Natalie admitted, 'We should've just stayed out of Chris' business- out of your business- because you needed friends too but all we ever did was try to separate you and TJ and you didn't deserve that-non of you did,'

My burden lessened as my shoulders relaxed a little, 'I appreciate that,'

'What happened to TJ was terrible and we all feel like utter shit for not seeing that he was in need of some friends and that we didn't try to help him ourselves when Chris befriended him- we just assumed he was forcing him to hang out with him and they just let us believe it but we should have seen through that,' Marty continued.

'It isn't all your fault,' I told them, 'But still, this shouldn't be stuff your saying to me it's TJ who you need to apologise to,'

Libby signed to me, 'I already have, and the others have send countless of instapic DMs that he's read. We really are trying to make it up to him- he's actually a decent guy. It's a shame he broke up with my brother, he could have been an awesome brother in law,'

'Yeah,' I replied, feeling sorry for the two, 'They were pretty perfect,'

'Too perfect,' Walker remarked making us all look at him funny, 'I'm sorry but you need some tension in relationships, otherwise it's just boring, you gotta have flaws,'

Nat screwed up her face, 'And what would you know about relationships?'

He froze, 'Oh errrrr not much you know since I've only ever had one girlfriend,'

I cast my mind back to what I saw at the spoon and immediately felt bad for him- I know he'd scream this from the roof tops but it's super sweet he clearly is keeping it a secret for Jonah's sake.

Marty shrugged, 'I think you're right Walk, I think there was someone way better suited for TJ,' he smiled at me.

I looked around to the group who were all eyeing me up and I waved my hands in front of me, 'No, no, no, I am not better suited for TJ,'

'Come on Cy!' Natalie punched my shoulder, 'You both really like each other,'

'He's just broken up with Chris,' I reasoned, 'Who he's known way longer and who did not force him to speak up about his past when he was nothing but patient with me,'

Walker frowned, 'But they broke up because of you, right?'

'Exactly,' I explained, 'I'm not good enough for TJ! I'll only hurt him,'

Libby took my hand.

'Cyrus,' Marty patted my back, 'You and TJ are right for each other, you can't beat yourself up for making one mistake. He's forgiven you, the fact you two are still friends speaks for itself, you're made for each other.'

'Would you take him back if he wanted you?' Nat questioned.

I hesitated before going to answer-

'Marty!' An exasperated voice called, footsteps rushing over to us, 'Please come back and DJ! The people are getting rowdy!'

Bowie's hand gripped Jonah's shoulder as he winced, 'Beck, I'm actually glad you broke my daughter heart,' he grit his teeth, 'Because you're breaking mine with all these shit tunes,'

Jonah mouthed help as Marty got to his feet.

DJ Marty resumed his position at the station, much to the joy of everyone at the party, while the rest of us stayed behind, including Jonah. Kira bounced over and collapsed down beside me.

'Are.....we cool?' She asked.

I nodded, 'Yeah, we're cool,'

My reassembled group of real friends (minus Marty) spent the rest of the party drinking soft drinks and catching up on what happened in the time we were apart as well as friendly chit chat like it used to be- well, that and I did join in on the water fight which rendered me completely freezing even though it was summer.

The sun was setting, the people were leaving as I lay on my back in the grass sprawled our with a towel over my rat tail wet hair as did my other friends who were all surrounding me.

'It's getting late,' Walker mused, 'We- I mean I! Should get home,' he glanced at Jonah.

'No!' Kira yelped, holding out her hands like she was her brother stopping traffic from passing, 'We can't leave yet!'

'Why?' Nat asked, looking around, 'Almost everyone has gone?'

'Exactly!' Kira grinned cheesily, 'Did Reed not.....mention it?'

'Mention what exactly?' Jonah asked before moving his eyes between us, 'Was that a dumb question?'

I shrugged, 'Well, I don't know either,'

Kira slung an arm around me, 'The extra special after party? Only VIPS invited?'

'And that includes.....us? Walker raised his eyebrows, 'We hardly even know Reed,'

'Exactly!' Kira repeated again, 'Opportunity to make new friends or whatever!'

I narrowed my eyes, 'You're acting's really weird Keels.....are you ok?'

'Amazing!' She laughed, 'So awesome! This lemonade is so good! Everything's fabulous!' She drunk her drink rapidly and kept up the totally suspicious trying not to be suspicious facade.

The sky started to turn a deep blue with the echo of distant stars just sparkling in the sky above us as the bright flood lights on the shed turned on and lit up the dance floor like a Wembley stadium football match. (I'm British, get out)

Everyone had gone home except for my friends plus Reed, Lester which was a very interesting mix of people, especially with no common denominator other than me.

I guess TJ decided to go home.

'You're all joining me at Grant, right?' Amber asked, glancing around at all the middle schoolers.

Lester coughed, 'If we didn't flunk middle school,'

Reed hit his shoulder and smiled, 'Of course we didn't! I'm not repeating a year.....again,'

'Well, we are going to Grant,' I answered for my group, 'In Shady-side, there's not many options,'

'There is Lake high,' Walker pointed out.

Jonah nodded, 'My cousin goes there,'

'Is it nice?' Said Nat.

'Oh no,' Jonah shook his head, 'My cousin's been hurt many times.....let's just say they're not very good with gun violence,'

We held our breath awkwardly.

'Are they ok?' Kira raised her eyebrows.

Jonah shrugged, 'As ok as you can be with a bullet wound through your hands,' he laughed, 'She likes to pretends she's Jesus though- with the whole nail in the hands evidence thing,'

We weren't sure whether to console him or laugh but before we had to pick, the music that was playing stopped mid-song and immediately grabbed all of our attention.

Our heads turned quizzically in Marty's direction who was fiddling around with his playlist and frantically tapping keys into his laptop that was balanced on top of his decks. He smiled at us before pressing the space bar and a new tune started playing over the speakers.

Play song

I flinched. There's only one person who would play this song at an end of middle school party.....or at any party.

To no surprise, TJ appeared from behind the DJ set and onto the dance floor in front of us where were all sat in awe at the boy who was clutching a big board in his hand that was littered with Polaroid's of various description that flipped over to the reveal letters inscribed on the back.

It was our project.

My mouth fell open as TJ sheepishly looked up from the board he was holding.

'Erm.....hi,' He said shyly, kicking the grass with his sneakers, 'Yes, I am highly aware of how cheesy this is and how much Amber is going to take the mic out of me later but- I have a few things to say,' he looked at me for confirmation.

One I didn't deny him.

'Well,' TJ held up the board and put it next to him, 'This is our project, as you can see. This is literally just a piece of cardboard with paper and ink taped to it that we were forced to create because our teacher Miss Pillar is legally obligated to,' he rambled, 'But to me, this isn't just pieces of paper glued together into a pointless project. This is where it all began, where you and I got to speak for the first time and get to known each other. All of this,' he pointed to it, 'Was just you and me, all of these pictures are memories, a tiny shard of time, captured in a photo series of our creation. I brought it here today because.....we never got to show anyone,'

I nodded anxiously.

TJ shrugged, 'I made a few.....erm, modifications to it though because I realised there was so many of those photos that I took for granted and left sitting in a box when really I should've been telling them the truth and they deserved to be allowed into the collection of past memories?'

'Really smooth bro,' Amber yelled.

TJ rolled his eyes, 'Anyway, I put them on here because they deserved to be on here because they precious to me- all of the photos we took are precious to me. I can't pic a favourite because everyone one of us is different and unique and every single one is special to me. So they all deserved a place on this board, even if I didn't have space, I would find enough space for them because that's no less than they deserve. Than you deserve,' his eyes watered, 'Cyrus I just wanted to say I'm sorry and although we really haven't known each other for that long it already feels like I've known you my whole life. Now I've had you in it I can't imagine it without you, you even got along with Reed and Lester which is arguably the most difficult thing to do ever,'

'Bit harsh bro!' Reed whined as everyone laughed, including me who was trying not to get emotional.

'And you were there for me and you put up with my old timey, weird music taste which most people run from. You probably don't remember but this was the first song I ever played you from my collection and it's honestly the most relevant right now.' He cleared his throat, 'Um, this does have a point,'

TJ put down the project before walking over to me and my heart thudded in my chest. This guy who I hadn't been able to talk to or even look at without being weak in the knees for over a month was finally talking to me properly again and I had no idea what was coming next.

He reached out a hand to me and pulled me to my feet.

'I have a huge regret in life,' TJ admitted, but was smiling, not letting go of my hand as our fingers slotted in place like they did for the first time when we listen to I wanna hold your hand, 'Do you know what it is?'

I shook my head and was trying not to melt right then and there.

'I never got to kiss you,' He whispered, grinning to himself and swinging my arms, 'But, if you wanted to I don't know, be my boyfriend again then- maybe we could?' TJ seemed nervous now and I could almost hear his frantic heartbeat through his body.

I beamed, letting go of his hand and wrapping my arms around his neck, 'Of course I want to be your boyfriend- and I really want to kiss you right now,' I almost breathed the last bit as I was almost unable to say the words.

But it didn't matter anymore, nothing or no one did because right now it in this moment it was just me and TJ as he leaned down and pressed his lips on mine gently as we kissed.

Ok it wasn't just us as all of our good friends started cheering in approval for our reconciles relationship as they all knew how happy we were going to be together. Just hearing their support made me realise how much TJ brought to my life too, Ive made so many new friends because he gave me the courage to stand up for myself which is why I met Kira and he introduced me to his friends- where would I be without Reed and Lester? Everything was perfect now.

Today was not like every other day.

Because today.

I kissed TJ Kippen.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

32.7K 657 21
This is some Oneshots of my favorite ship Tyrus
9.2K 373 25
(Complete) "My whole life nobody has never really known me, I never shared secrets, now the entire world is figuring me out quicker than I am." Cyru...
7.6K 122 12
Yes this is pretty badly written so I apologize from this point forward lol ⚠️~WARNING~ Will probably contain minor fluff so that makes you feel unco...
64.9K 1.7K 33
Cyrus is a unconfident, dorky kid. Tj is a rude, popular jock. Two complete opposites meet, and create a whole new light for them, but will that ligh...