A Bright Future {Naruto x Rea...

By PikaJovi

Book 2 of the Naruto x Reader story! They thought that the worst of things had passed, and they could go abou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 9

916 42 23
By PikaJovi

(Y/N)'s POV:

What do you mean he's missing!?" I yell as we run back to the village. "He was with Sakura. Did you check with her?" I ask him. "Yes, she was the one who informed us of his disappearance." he explains, and I wanted to pull my hair out.

Did Madara somehow get into the village and take him? There's no way! He's pretty noticeable, and I would have sensed his strong chakra anywhere near the village. Did he send someone? Like that Cactus Akatsuki!? He can come and go from the ground, can he take someone with him?

"(Y/N)! Where are you going?" Sai snapped me out of my thoughts as I was running with no place in mind. "Are you sure you searched everywhere? His house? Training ground? Ichiraku?" I ask. "We all searched everywhere; I waited till the last minute to tell you until I was sure he was really missing." he tells me, and I hit the brakes. "Wait, how long has he been gone, Sai!?" I yell at the fact that I wasn't told right away! "Around half an hour." he admits. 

Damn it! I knew I should have stayed by his side!

"Where is everyone?" I ask calmly, not wanting to explode on the artist. " At the Hokage's office." he leads the way, and we run there. If I wasn't panicking about a missing Uzumaki, I would have asked and shared my shock at the fact that Tsunade is already back in the office. "I expected your arrival sooner or later." she tells me as she rubs her temple. "Before you bomber me with questions, I don't know anything. We are all trying to figure it out." she stopped me before I even opened my mouth.

They all repeat the information they have and compare their notes on where Naruto could be. That's it! "This is pointless; I'm going out to try and find him." I tell them, but Tsunade stops me. "You can't roam around looking for him; we need every capable person here in case this was an enemy attack." she uses her authority voice. "But, it's obvious he isn't here! Talking about it won't find him!" I try to reason with her.

"Guys, I can hear your voices all the way outside. What's all the fuss about?" we all turn to the new voice, and mostly everyone sighs out of relief. "You idiot! Where have you been!?" I wasn't one of them. I slap his arm and pinch his cheek. "Ow! I was summoned to Mount Myōboku, the land of the Toads. The elder needed me." he explains, but that did not stop me from pinching his cheek again. "You tell your little frog buddies to leave a message the next time they feel the need to abduct you!" I release his cheek and hug him. "You scared the hell out of me!"

"What she said. We thought the enemy got you." Tsunade explains to him as he hugs me back. "Sorry, I didn't think much of it. I'll be careful for next time." he rubs the back of his neck.

With this issue solved and Kakashi being here, it's the perfect time to talk to him. "Kakashi-Sensei, can I have a word? Alone?" he raises an eyebrow but makes his way out of the office. "And you! Don't disappear again. I need to talk to you about something." I tell Naruto with a warning finger pointed at him. He laughs and promises to stay around.

"Something wrong?" Kakashi asks me behind the Hokage building, where it's private. "You know Earth Style, and I was wondering if you could train me to harness it." I directly get to the point. "Oh? How come all of a sudden?" he leans on the wall. "I just need to get stronger, and Earth is the easiest after learning lightning; it will help. I've looked into it." I explain, and he chuckles. 

"Sure, I don't mind. It won't be easy, though. Not everyone can harness three chakra styles." he warns me, but it wasn't something I didn't know. "I wasn't expecting it to be easy. I'm prepared." he laughs and ruffles my hair.

As he was about to leave, I knew I had to inform him about my other plan... "There's... one more thing I need you to know." I force myself to speak. I continue when he turns back around to look at me. "You know I'm in constant contact with the 'brothers.'" I refrain from using their names in the village. "Yes? Have they done something?" he asks. "N-No, but I need the older one to do something for me, and he won't do it until I get your approval." I prepare myself. "I see he knows his place." his voice sounded dark, but I ignored it.

"I need him to use his strongest Genjutsu to show me my darkest and deepest fears to unlock my Mangekyō." I breathe out quickly and close my eyes, waiting for the lecture and the strike of death! 

When nothing happens, I open my eyes and don't find Kakashi. Before I could look around, I got hit on the head, hard! "Ow!! What was that for!?" I whine.

"Have you completely lost it?!" he yells at me. "Look, I know the dangers. But I need my Mangekyō for the upcoming war. I mean, even you have it! You guys have that extra power that I don't." I explain again to him. 

"Ita-" I cover his mouth before the full name comes out. "That guy's Genjutsu is not a game. It's too powerful." he tells me, and it sounded like he's experienced it. "That's what I'm counting on, though." I confess.

"I don't even know how you made him even consider it." he shakes his head. "He said as long as I get your approval and I bring Naruto with me, he'll give it a try. Naruto will be there to bring me out if it gets too much." I tell him the conditions.

He sighs and leans back on the wall. "He doesn't know his place. He just wants me to take responsibility for what might happen." he mumbles as he thinks to himself. "I'll be able to handle it, Kakashi-Niichan." I walk closer to him, calling him by the old nickname to erase our ranks. We both knew if he was just a Sensei to me, I wouldn't have to ask him for permission, but everyone sees us as siblings, and so do I.

He sighs for the hundredth time and shakes his head. "You won't. You won't be able to handle it. You might think you're prepared, but you don't know his Genjutsu." he tells me, and I prepare myself for the rejection. "I'm going to regret this, but... fine. He can give it a try." he facepalms himself as I hug him tightly! "Thank you! Thank you! I promise I'll be stronger than whatever I'll see." I tell him, and he just hugs me back.

I run back inside to grab Naruto and tell him, but I don't find him in the Hokage's office. "Where did he go now?" I ask. Tsunade and Jiraiya look at each other before looking back at me. Oh God, now what!? "What happened? Where is he?" I ask, stepping closer to her desk.

"Naruto is preparing for a long S-Ranked mission. With Yamato as team captain." she tells me, and I chuckle. "God! You two scared me for a second there. So when are we leaving?" I ask, and they look at each other again. "Stop that! Just tell me."

"You're not going. He's going alone, with Yamato." she answers, and I scowl. "No, I'm part of his team. He's being hunted down; he can't go alone." I try to explain. "That's the reason he's going." Jiraiya intervenes.

"Jiraiya!" Tsunade yells at him. I guess there's something I'm not supposed to know. "She deserves to know. At least her." he informs her. "The Raikage's brother is also a Jinchūriki, for the Eight-tails. But he has full control over it. Naruto will be with him, training to learn control. While we will try to finish this war without involving them." Jiraiya explains, and I somehow calm down. "You're going to keep them out of the fight." I conclude.

"Naruto can't know we are basically hiding him away. He wants to be a part of this fight as much as the next shinobi, and we just can't risk his safety right now." Tsunade adds. I nod and take a moment to let everything sink in.

Naruto and the Raikage's brother are the last Jinchūrikis alive. We managed to save Gaara, but the Akatsuki managed to take his Tailed Beast. Now, the nations are hiding the last two on some remote island... The war is going to start soon...

We're running out of time.

I walk back to Naruto's house while trying to get my thoughts and emotions under control. Naruto can not know that we are protecting him, that we will go fight on our own. He's going to be so mad at me when he finds out... He'll probably even not talk to me for a while...

But it's for his safety! Madara will attack him first. With Naruto away, we can attack without worrying about him.

"(Y/N)? Hello! Earth to (Y/N)!" I blink and find his hand waving in front of my face. "Everything okay?" time to put on my best act. "Ya, I just told someone not to go somewhere, and he did." I poke his sides as I step into his house. "Sorry, but you will never believe what I got!" at least he sounds excited. "Tsunade-Baachan is sending me on a mission. An S-Ranked mission!" he cheers as he gets back to packing.

"Wow! I told you you're getting stronger. Even Neji hasn't gone on an S-ranked mission yet." I compliment him, and he laughs bashfully. "I tried to get you to come with me, but she said that it has to stay top secret." he pouts. I walk up to him and hug him, "I understand; we can't always have the same missions." I smile and kiss him.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to finish it fast and come back right to you." he nuzzles my nose as he goes in for another kiss. A deeper one this time, with his hands on my hips tightening and pulling me closer. I hum in delight and wrap my arms around his neck. I'm going to miss him...

"No need to look so sad; I promise it won't take long." he says as he looks into my eyes. "I'm not sad, just going to miss those lips of yours." I bite his lower lip with a smirk. "Oh, so you will only miss my lips, huh?" he wraps his arms around mine, caging me in. I shrug and go limp, "What else is there to miss?" I answer him.

"I'll show you what else!" he says as he starts tickling my sides and blowing on my neck, knowing how sensitive it is! He continues to tickle me until I feel my heart is going to explode. I kiss him again and tell him I'm going to miss all of him, and he shines his smile at me and tells me he's going to miss me too. 

"I wish I could carry you with me like a summoning scroll." he says as we walk to the village gates. "You want to summon me?" I laugh at his idea. "Ya! Open it up, and boom! Summoning Jutsu: Crazy Girlfriend!" he acts it out, and I burst out laughing! "That's the name of my Jutsu!?" he laughs along. "What else would it be?" he wonders. "Summoning Jutsu: Gorgeous Girlfriend." I act it out this time.

"I see you two are dealing with this okay." Yamato says as we reach the gates. "Such is the life of a Shinobi; we can't complain." I tell him. "Please look after him, Yamato-Sensei." I show him with my eyes that I know the truth behind this mission. He nods and tells me not to worry. "Now, will my gorgeous girlfriend be okay?" Naruto asks me with his hand on my cheek. "Don't worry about me. I'll stay here and train with the brothers and Kakashi." I lean into his hand. 

"Don't push yourself too hard." he tells me as he starts walking backward out of the village. "I won't." I lie. "You will." he smiles knowingly. "Ya, I will." I shrug and pull my tongue out at him as he shakes his head.

"I LOVE YOU, UCHIHA (Y/N)!" he shouts out as he jumps in the air. I give him my biggest smile and shout back. "I LOVE YOU MORE, UZUMAKI NARUTO!" I see him laugh and join Yamato as they leap into the trees.

He's gone. So is my smile.

I walk out of the village and go to the Uchiha brothers. I want to do this tonight; I don't want to wait any longer. One of Itachi's conditions is gone, but at least I got Kakashi's approval. Once I got there, they were surprised to see me.

"What's wrong with you?" Sasuke asks. "Nothing. I want to do the Genjutsu tonight." I look towards Itachi. "I told you my conditions." he directly says. "I got Kakashi's approval, but Naruto won't be able to make it. He's gone." I tell them.

"What do you mean gone? Where did he go?" Sasuke asks. "The Hokage sent him on a secret mission. Itachi, this can't wait till he comes back. Trust me, he won't come back on time." I tell him. I can't say how or why I know that, so they will just have to trust me. 

"He's your rock, (Y/N). I'm worried you won't come out of it without him." he says gently. "I have to take that risk, Itachi. Kakashi said I can handle it." I know it's a lie, but Itachi already feels guilty about doing this; maybe it will lessen if he thinks someone else agreed as well.

"Now, don't go putting words in my mouth, young lady." we all jump and look up into the trees. "So this is where you've all been hiding." Kakashi jumps down and walks toward us. 

"You were followed?!" Sasuke yells at me. "I thought your sensory skills were top notch." he scoffs. "I wasn't concentrating! He wasn't even around me when I decided to come." I explain and look towards Itachi to find him frozen.

Uchiha Itachi is nervous?

"It's been a while, Uchiha Itachi." Kakashi says with that sly smile behind his mask.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N):

Hello!!

Naruto is gone for his own training while you still struggle to convince Itachi. And now Kakashi has appeared on the scene, and his first target is Itachi! What do you think Kakashi wants from him? Or what will happen now that Kakashi knows of the Uchiha camp?

See you soon!!!

*PikaJovi* (^0^)/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
776K 31.4K 140
The life of a Shinobi is difficult to endure as we come across many obstacles that are tragic, but we have hope to achieve peace and protect our love...
986K 26K 76
(Y/N) (L/N) seems like a normal kid in Konoha. He wants to become a ninja and to have a good life. However, on the inside, it's a different story. A...
42.5K 1.2K 32
#.π™‰π˜Όπ™π™π™π™Š!- Λ—Λπ˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π—΄π—Ώπ—Όπ˜„π—Άπ—»π—΄ π˜π—Άπ—Ώπ—²π—± 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲.ΛŽΛ— ...