THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†33β˜† vanilla

463 17 2
By Alhexandria22

"And why are you calling me this late?" She whispered.

Ella stayed with her aunt. A woman who was far from nagging but not to her niece. She always cared to know what Ella was doing, talking about name it. She was loved her niece but that did not mean she encouraged night calls.

"Elle, sweetheart." The person on the other end of the line deadpanned and laughed. A laughter full of no good and laced with evident mockery.

"Riella, Rie-ella. That's my damn name."

"Come on, don't be rude. You are picking up Vanilla's traits. Seems like her company is doing you no good."

"What do you want from us, boy?"

"Take it easy. Keep it on the low. I don't want anything from you-"

"What?" Ella's voice was reduced to a disappointed whisper. The confession made by the male on the phone steered an ache in her chest.

"Yeah. I only want my Karmale. Not you boo." He hang up.

Ella felt a pung in her chest. It felt heavy and it was dark with envy and jealousy.

"Riella!"

"Yes, aunt."

"Who are you talking to over the phone at this ghostly hour of the night?"

"No one, aunt. I was just talking to myself. I do that a lot these days. I don't-"

"Don't lie. I heard you. Who was it?"

"Okay aunt. You got me. It was Karmale."

"Oh how is the princess?"

"She's fine aunt. And talk about the devil- she is calling again." Ella showed her aunt the screen of her phone and rolled her eyes.

"Can I take it?"

"Of course. Take it honey."

"Excuse me." She moved to her bedroom.

"Karma."

"Ella did you reach home safely?"

"Yeah I did."

"Okay. That's great."

"I know. Sleep tight."

"Ummmm... did I do something wrong? You sound distant and off. It's freaking me out."

"You care?"

"Umm... excuse me. I do. I do as hell. Ella, you sound not you. Is everything okay? You know earlier on today you could not open up. What's wrong?"

"Hey miss, help me and mind your own business."

"And the attitude? I didn't call for that. I was simply being a concerned friend. My bad. I overstepped."

Karmale hang up. She had just enough problems to deal with negative energy.

As for Ella, seems like it was not her night. Everyone was hanging up on her. It only was fair because her behaviour was anti-social.

She sat down besides her bed and cursed under her breath till she cried.

"Honey!" Her aunt knocked on the door.

"Honey, open up for me."

"Aunt." Ella cried as she opened the door and fell in her aunt's arms.

"It's okay, my dear. It's okay." She rubbed her back.

"No it's not. Everything is going to get messy. Nasty too. Why did he have to come back? Why?"

"I can't know the reason but I know I'll stick with you through everything. Don't cry my sweet niece." She wiped her eyes.

"Tears are not for pretty girls like you. Smile for me."

Ella nodded vigorously and eventually smiled. It was not the usual sweet smile. It was a smile that held what one could call sadistic. It was one with hidden mystery.

What did Ella have to share? What was her secret?

___

Unsaved number

Hey, Karmale. I know that by the time you receive this message you'll no longer be an employee at the City Law firm. Pardon my father, it is not by his wanting that he refused to renew your contract. I know you must think it is a grudge but it's not. Meet me when you get this message. We'll talk more. I hope you remember me. It's Elizabeth. We studied together in law school. Just that I didn't make it. I was a stupid drug addict. But guess what, I'm taking the course again. On more ruled out principles this time. Hope to see you real soon. (Heart emoji) Liz.

Karmale was from the washroom when her phone buzzed.

"Liz. Woah! What a pleasant surprise? With more light to it! At least there is a reason to why Mr. Jeopardenn denied me renewal. Wow! I'll have to go see her tomorrow itself."

Hey, Lizzie. I'm happy to hear from you. It's been a while. I'm even happier that you are taking the course again. That's great news. Girl, let's meet tomorrow. We'll talk then. (Heart emoji) K.H.K.

After she had sent the message, she sighed. Her thoughts went back to the harsh conversation her and Ella had had a few minutes before. Then to the one at the KFC restaurant. She had been so secretive and looked troubled; almost scared. She seemed lost and repentant for a weird reason Karmale thought so. Hmmmn. And now they had argued. Karmale was now the one who regretted it. She would have been calm when her best friend wasn't. Instead, she shouted back. She felt guilty.

"Hey, Ella."

"Karma, I'm-"

"No, I should be sorry. I shouldn't have shouted. Ella we have never been at this point. A point whereby we keep stuff from each other. (Sigh) It's disturbing. Nonetheless, I respect your personal space. You can take you're time. You can tell me whenever you are okay with it."

"Thanks, Karma. You should take you're time as well."

"Thanks too. Good night."

"Good night."

The two ladies hang up but Karmale was not content. She did respect personal space. Regardless of whom it had been, she would have said the same thing but today she didn't feel satisfied with someone staying in their shell. She was unhappy. She wanted Ella to tell her something. Not just something but everything.

"Why don't you talk to me, Ella? What has changed? I'm I not your confidant anymore? What has happened to you? To us? Our friendship? Have I failed to be a good enough friend?" The tired lass sighed.

"Ella for old times' sake tell me what the hell is bothering you!" Karmale screamed just as Diana knocked at her door.

"Now here comes the pressure to have dinner. Like I'm a damn kid!" She growled.

"Come in Diana." She sweetly smiled even when inside she was not happy at all.

"Miss."

"Dinner is ready?"

"Yes."

"I'm heading to the bathroom right now, Diana. As you can see, I'm only in a robe. I cannot come downstairs like this."

"I'll wait for you, miss. Have your bath so long."

"Don't." Karmale declined because she had lied. She had just come out of the bathroom not the vice versa.

"Diana, serve my dinner and bring it upstairs. I'll eat from here today."

"No problem, miss."

"Thank you."

____

"Angella, we are going to the café down the fourth street from here."

"Yes, ma'am. Good afternoon ma'am."

"Good afternoon."

Karmale had slept till midday. She woke up at a half past, had a bath and dressed in a pair of pale blue rugged jeans, a white t-shirt with a Versace label and a pale blue jacket. For accessories and makeup, she kept it simple as usual. A wrist watch, bracelet and lipgloss respectively. She lightly passed a brush on her cheeks to tint them a slight red. That was all for makeup. For shoes, she went for black ankle boots.

Far from official.

Casual.

Diana offered her brunch which she politely declined. Then a snack, a fruit, juice and lastly lunch. Karmale declined all. With her most polite smile.

Her arm had improved from yesterday. It was the very one she used to hold her hair up in a high ponytail.

"Let me help you with that, ma'am." Angella offered.

"I can manage, Angella. Ou-" she winced. It still hurt but not so much like before.

She tied up her dark hair and carried her phone. In the back of her jeans, she slipped a few notes.

"Ma'am, you don't have to worry about carrying money. We'll clear all your bills."

"Thanks for the generosity Angella but the thing is, I can handle my own bills."

"Ma'am, it's an order from-"

"Independent is the word. I don't need anyone to pay for what I purchase. I can wholly handle myself."

"Ma'am. But this-" Angella handed Karmale a credit card.

"Keep it. Return it when we get back."

"Ma'am."

"Let's get going Angella."

"Okay, ma'am."

__

"Hey Lizzie."

"Hey Karmale. Oh girl, you look great and... beautiful."

"You look more beautiful, Lizzie." They laughed.

"How are you? How have you been?"

"I have been great. You?"

Before Liz would say anything, Karmale jumped in.

"Don't say anything. I can see it already."

"Oh girl. I have a man who is treating me right."

"That's lovely."

"Yeah. Jason had ruined me completely. I'm glad I listened to you and walked away. It was late though. I wish I had listened the moment you said it." Her face fell.

"It's okay, Lizzie. At least you eventually did."

"Yeah."

"I love your hair by the way."

"What?" Liz laughed.

"Yeah. I've always wanted to be a red head."

Liz laughed again.

" I'm not entirely a red head, Karmale. And by the way, the new law guy we have in my class refused me to go back to his room with this hair and here you are saying that you love it?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Karmale. You know a lawyer is supposed to look decent and principled. Not this!" She said pulling at her dreadlocks that were tinted red at the tips and tied up in a low ponytail.

"That guy is just wise arcer. They are natural dreads. Simply coloured with a dull shed of red. You tell me. How does your new guy like it?"

"He loves it." She blushed.

"See. Cute. You've even turned red."

They laughed and Liz caught Angella studying them. Angella and the guys were sitted at a table away.

"Who is she, Karmale?"

"The same way that you are being taken care of is the way I'm being pampered."

"Oh my God! What? Karmale, you have a guy? Spill it."

"Hahaha. Liz. That's a story for another day." Karmale smiled.

"Mmm.... okay. I can't wait for that day then."

They chuckled.

"I'm glad to meet you. It's been a while. Really. I'm happy you left Jason. It was worth it. A million times."

"Yeah."

"I don't see the tattoos. Were they temporary?"

Liz wore a deep neck blouse whose sleeves drew till mid arm, a pair of blue jeans and sneaker heels.

"The ones on my arms were. I only got them because Jason wanted me to. I never wanted them. So I got temporary ones printed. So..."

"I get it."

"Mmhn...but the ones on my back and every where else are permanent."

Karmale nodded and in the process, she saw a familiar back, chest and arms. The ones that had those mysterious tattoos. The dark ink. Dark like his demeanor.

"Lizzie, no offense but..."

"But?" Lizzie who was now playing with the crooked straw in her milkshake asked.

Karmale placed down her own straw just before she could speak.

"Do your tattoos have a meaning?"

"Woah! That's deep. I thought i would not be offended but I sure I'm."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay, Karmale. It's just curiosity and I understand that."

"Thanks. So?"

"Yeah and no!"

"Okay."

"Yeah. Karmale, right now I'm talking in general terms."

"Oh okay."

"Uh-huh! So, some people get the ink for a reason so that will obviously bare meaning. Unlike others who do it- yes with their reasons but not supposedly good enough reasons. Check me out. I only did most of mine because of peer influence. I did them to fit in. To impress Jason. I did them because he wanted me to. So, mine don't have meaning."

"I object."

"We are not in court, Karmale."

"Lizzie, I'm only saying that your tattoos tell a story. They tell where you are coming from so...they have a meaning or so."

"You yourself are uncertain, Karmale. Hmmmn. You don't know. These things are ugly. I regret for ever getting them made."

"You have a better thing to look forward to Lizzie. Don't drown in history. You have your law school and a better guy now. Not forgetting your dad."

"Oh God. My old man who just pampers me." Lizzie laughed and the tears that had been forming in her eyes drained out.

"Then Lucas, my love."

"So Lucas is the name?"

"Yeah."

"That's...a keeper."

"Really, Karmale. Do names determine who's a keeper and who is not?"

"I know what I am talking about here, Lizzie."

"Okay, miss." They both laughed.

"You know what?" Liz asked as Karmale took a sip on her drink.

"What?" She asked absentmindedly.

"I want to be like you, Karmale."

"Lizzie, where is that coming from?"

"Karmale, you just told me that I have something new to look forward to. My dad, Lucas and law school. I don't want the law school to go waste. I want to be like you, Karmale." She stopped talking for a while and stared into the space then looked back at her former roommate.

"You were always my role model, Karmale. We were all students at the moment but you were just an inspiration. The way you held yourself, the way you did your things. It was remarkable. I always admired. I wanted to be like you. Till Jason came in and..." She sighed as she came to a sad stop.

"I really wish I had listened to you."

"It's okay, Lizzie."

"It's not okay, Karmale. It just isn't. I feel ashamed of even sitting before you. I feel like a loser."

"Not in my eyes. I will not judge you, Liz. You were misled. I know that. There is also one more thing I know. I know that you have another chance to make things better."

" You're right. Karmale, thank you. I'm glad you were my roommate back in college. It was one beautiful experience. You know."

"I know. Those days when I used to pull you out of bed. Forcefully. Those were my best days."

"Sarcasm noted! You can stop now."

"Smart head."

"Yeah. A very smart one. Anyway Karmale, should we order something to eat. This is going to be a long talk."

"I don't mind."

"Excuse me!" Liz called one of the café servers.

"Table for us your best pastries." Liz ordered.

"Okay, miss."

"Are you not on diet, Liz?"

"One day wouldn't hurt."

"I know."

"Yeah. So Karmale, first of all. I had lost your number. I stole it from my dad. Weird. I know. But don't doubt it when I say. I asked for it in a more mature way but he refused to give it. All I could do was steal it."

"You had tried so the after measure is understandable. So what was the message behind your text."

"Karmale, I figured something that may cause you to think your boss, my dad was holding a grudge."

"Mmmm...." Karmale pressed her lips together.

"Karmale, I know whatever transpired between you and my dad. He tells me everything. I am his only family. You know. We only have each other so we share everything. No secrets."

Karmale stayed quiet.

"Karmale, my dad never really felt good in denying you renewal for your contract. Actually he wanted that more than anyone else. But someone influential refused him to allow you renewal."

"Who is it?"

"I don't know yet, Karmale." Liz curiously looked in Karmale's eyes.

"That's the worst part of it all. I'm sorry for wasting your time but I don't know the name yet. All I know is that the person has a lot of power. It doesn't seem like the good type of power."

"He or she?"

"He. I assume. Yes. The voice was male. The man sounded cold and his threats did not sound empty. Not even by one word. He was shrewd and void of remorse. He was... Violent too. My old man has a few marks here and there."

"Did he attack you guys?"

"No. I think he simply wobbled through the front door and walked up to my dad. I was in my bedroom when I heard sounds of falling things. My dad then asked me to stay in my room. I would not just stay in my room as my dad went through whatever hell it was. So I came out. When I did. The man shot something and asked me to be a good daughter and listen to my dad. He said that I needn't worry he would not hurt my dad if he listened. Then he ordered me to go back to my room-'

"You could have seen his face then."

"Not when his back was to me. Only my dad saw him."

"Can you describe his features?"

"Intimidatingly broad and strong."

"His outfit."

"All I saw was a huge trench coat. But if I didn't assume just then I saw suit trousers cause his one leg was raised on the sofa where my dad sat. He wore black leather loafers. That's what my memory holds. The rest I only listened while I was hiding."

"That's something. What did he say?"

"He asked my dad to stop shaking or else he would fuck me. His language was dirty. He cursed every single minute he spent in our house. All his threats centered around me. And my dad loves me too much to even think twice about anything that concerns me."

"What else?"

"He gave instructions."

"Which were? If you can, please quote his exact words. That's what I want to hear."

"Okay. He started like this. Jeopa- whatever your fucking name is. I don't give two fucks about that. So, old pumpkin. I'm going to send Karmale back to work but not for you to interrogate. Not even your other employees."

Karmale remembered when she had arrived and all her friends were all over her. It was Jeopardenn who asked everyone to vacate the place. His concern had been genuine but he sounded more furious than usual. Also when she wanted to explain herself to Jeopardenn, he simply asked her to go to her office. It now made sense. He had been following instructions.

"Karmale, should I continue?" Liz shook a disoriented Karmale.

"Please."

"Then- actually all I could hear was my poor dad answer in weak quivers when the man in black asked, "I'm I fucking clear?"

"I'm I fucking clear?" Karmale felt her skin well up with goosebumps as that question replayed in her head.

"My dad said, "yes, Sir." The man then said, "I want to say good but I won't fucking compliment your obedience just yet. No. You will have to first show me that you are not a mother fucker like you look to be and then I won't touch your daughter. It's fair. So, Karmale will only work for a week or two. By then her contract would have ended."

"Sir, Miss Karmale's contract expires post three weeks."

"Okay. Don't renew it after the weeks are up."

"Why, Sir? She's a good lawyer."

I heard him slap my dad when he complimented you.

"I know that best. So fucking shut up and do as I say or else your daughter gets it." At this point Liz was crying. Her mascara messing up her face.

"I'm sorry, Liz."

"It's okay. Now that you have left my dad's law firm, he no longer comes."

"How many times did he come?"

"Once."

"Just once?"

"Yes. He is such an authoritarian that he needn't speak twice. One time was enough for my dad to grasp everything. Even in his absence, my dad shivers. He is someone my dad doesn't want to talk about. Whenever I bring up the topic, my dad's forehead and temples sweat profusely. He doesn't want to talk about the man. That alone pushes me away from asking questions like what the man's name is or what he looks like. I don't want my dad to have more nightmares."

"Stop, Liz. This whole thing is messing you up." Karmale picked up a tissue and gave it to her friend.

"I'm sorry I could not get enough and more useful information. I'm sorry Karmale."

"No. No. Lizzie, that's enough."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Karmale, do you know the man?"

"Let's not talk about that right now, Lizzie."

"I'm worried about you, Karmale. The man is dangerous."

"Lizzie, leave that up to me. Are you guys now okay?"

"Yeah. My dad's nightmares have not been a constant thing so we are good."

"Oh God!''

"Look Karmale, the cheese cake is here. Let's eat." Lizzie said in order to brighten up the mood.

"Yeah, let's eat." Karma knew how to smile even when she was boiling inside. She felt irked. How could someone stoop so low?

____

"Angella, let's go to Mrs. Hart's place. It's at the outskirts."

"Ma'am, it's getting late."

"Angella, i don't need someone to give me updates about my time keeping. Okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good. So are you going to tell Kevin to drive or should I do it myself?"

"Stay sitted ma'am."

"Drive to Mrs. Hart's residence, Kevin."

"Yes, Angella."

___

"Dear, why are you here so late?"

"Mummy, it's only 5:00pm."

"I know. Come in." She opened the door widely for them and they entered.

"You guys are just in time for some home baked cake." Tess, Mrs. Hart's sister announced.

"Wow! Yummy! Hi Tess!" Karmale greeted.

"How are you, dear?"

"I'm good now that someone has been nice to me unlike another." Karmale said her eyes moving from Tess to Mrs. Hart.

The two women stood close to each other. They looked alike. A similar complexion, dark hair and plump. They looked inseperable like twins. The way they smiled at each other was warm and genuine. Karmale looked at them and envisioned her and Marie. She smiled sadly.

"Dear, come here."

Mrs. Hart called beckoned her from across the room. She walked so slowly.

"Oh sweetheart. You would make a humble bride. Come fast please."

"I would love to be a bride someday but not so soon."

"Oh dear." The two women cooed.

Karmale reached and they both hugged her.

A tear slipped from her eye.

"Okay, guys. I'll go use the restroom. Excuse me." She pulled out of the hug and run to the bathroom. Angella followed.

"Boys, be sitted." Mrs. Hart asked Kevin and his brother to get comfortable.

Shortly after, Karmale came back with Angella. Tess plated strawberry cake for everyone.

"Dear, had I known that you were coming, it would have been vanilla." Tess spoke.

"Tess, anything made by you is just fine. I'm content with this. Thank you so much."

"Such a kind lady." Tess cupped her cheek with one hand and peeked her forehead.

"That's my Karmale. She thinks like a lady and acts like a queen."

"The flatter, guys!" Karmale smiled brightly.

"If it was flatter then it was worth it. You smiled just what we wanted." Tess confessed.

"Yeah. But it was not flatter, Karmale. That's who you are. I'm proud of you, my dear. We love you, sweetheart."

"Thank you, you two. You are so sweet." She hugged both of them at different intervals.

The six of them shared cake.

Minutes later, Karmale lay her head on Mrs. Hart's laps. The older woman soothed her hair. They talked about everything. Karmale told her about her job at the City Law firm, her unsuccessful encounters in pursuit for a new one, about Ella and lastly Lizzie. She was her confidant. A good one. Mrs. Hart was a good listener. Commented and advised only where necessary. She was not the type to judge anyone. That's what made it all the way better.

Karmale shared all her worries easily and openly. Without leaving out anything. She needn't filter anything around Mrs. Hart. The lady patiently listened and passionately comforted. It was a lovely bond.

"Mummy, we'll get going. It's pretty late."

"I understand dear."

"I'll first pick some bags from the car and return."

"Ma'am, we'll get them." Angella said.

"Mm. Okay." Karmale sat back down.

Angella who had been sitting down in a nearby chair, stood up and left with the boys. They returned with two bags each. All holding home supplies. Grocery too.

"Dear, this wasn't necessary."

"Let's not start with that mummy." She hugged her goodbye and went to the small study room where Tess was.

"Tess!"

"Come in, dear."

"Tess, I love this hide out of yours." Karmale's eyes moved around the room.

Tess chuckled as Karmale bid her farewell with a tight hug.

___

"Diana, please pass me the flour, eggs, milk, white sugar, the strawberry, vanilla, orange, lemon, chocolate flavoured essences."

"Are you going to bake miss?"

"You're right. Pass me everything real quick."

"Sure, miss. Have you done it before?"

"Yeah. But I have taken sometime without doing it so I wanna try it out before-"

The rest of the words were muffled as Karmale bend down to get something out of the lower drawers. Diana chuckled and after there was a weird silence.

"Good evening, Mr. Black."

"Take this." Ryxel took off his coat and handed it to Diana. Karmale stood up.

"My office."

"Yes, Sir."

"How are you, Caramel?"

"I'm fine, Ryxel."

"Want to tell me about your day or should I wait for Angella's report?"

"I would want the latter but i will tell you. I visited a college friend just before I went to see Mrs. Hart."

"Not work?"

"No, Ryxel. I did not get any law firm to employ me. All were full."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Kitchen? What are you doing here?"

"I'm practicing how to bake. I know how to just that I have taken sometime without doing it. So before I make the final product for Ella's birthday that is due in a few days, I want to try it out."

"Can I give a hand?"

"No problem. Change first."

Ryxel changed to grey sweat pants and a black v-neck shirt. In no minute, he was back downstairs.

"Uh-huh?"

"Huh?"

"I know nothing about baking. I'm following your lead. So go ahead."

"Oh okay. So we'll wash our hands first. Then I'll prepare the bowls as you pass me the ingredients."

"Okay but... What's that?" Ryxel asked pointing to the flour, eggs, name it that Diana had placed on the island.

"Oh. Diana did it already. So you get us a recipe." She said pointing to a cook book on the kitchen island.

Ryxel moved away and sat behind the counter to give Karmale her working space. Meanwhile, he perused through the recipe booklet.

"Got it! We'll make lemon cake."

"Okay."

Karmale mixed everything as she explained to Ryxel who was interested in learning. As she poured in more dough, her hair fell to her shoulders. It was disturbing her as she worked.

Ryxel did the honours of holding it up for her. He entwined it into three behind.

"Thanks." She said.

"With pleasure."

She moved her hand and smeared her cheek with flour. Since he was still standing next to her, he got a tissue and wiped her cheek.

She forcefully smiled but he just walked back behind the counter.

Rude.

Just as Ryxel had taken his seat. Karmale's phone rang.

She looked down at her phone and then at Ryxel who was texting on his own.

"Ryxel."

"Yes."

"Help me receive the call and put it on speaker."

"No problem."

He moved forward and it was an unsaved number.

"You're sure you wanna take it?"

"Yeah."

"It's an unknown number, Karmale."

"I wanna take it, Ryxel." Her voice was stern.

"Okay. At least it's on loud. I'll trace it immediately if it's bullshit."

"Hmmmn. Please receive the call."

He did receive it and put it on speaker.

"Hey!" The male voice echoed through her phone speaker.

"Yeah."

"Vanilla?"

"Louis?"

#MADAM LAWYER

Hey, it's a late update but... come on it is a double one. Hope I'm forgiven. 😁😁

Loves, don't forget to vote and comment.😚

Love y'all. ❤️

Think like a lady, act like a queen 😌💞💕💓💗

Authoress

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 89.6K 60
When running away from her past, twenty two year old Alina runs straight into the arms of Romeo De Luca, twenty six and an Italian Mafia Don, not jus...
17.5K 260 21
Buck has gotten a job in L.A as a firefighter at the 118, so him and Maddie move there. Maddie also has a job, she will be a 9-1-1 dispatcher. Every...
669K 20.4K 79
"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side."
605K 27.6K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’‚π’ˆπ’‚π’Šπ’ 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž π’•π’π’ˆ...