Jurassic Park II: The Lost Wo...

By LadyLocs_

After realizing the mistake of confining earth's most deadliest animals in cages and behind fences, Mark deci... More

Chp. 1: The Cruel Truth
Chp. 3: Back to Hell They Go
Chp. 4: The Truth Revealed
Chp. 5: Making Wrongs Right
Chp. 6: Meeting the Parents
Chp. 7: Banding Together
Chp. 8: Still in Danger
Chp. 9: Almost Home Free
Chp. 10: A Fight to Regain Sanity
Chp. 11: The Last Hoorah
Cast/Remarks

Chp. 2: Preparing for Departure

52 2 8
By LadyLocs_

In a large warehouse, the sparks of an acetylene torch fly as workmen made modifications on several vehicles, including a dark-green Mercedes Benz all-activity vehicle. The hood of the AAV was up its as v-6 engine was pulled out, a new, smaller engine lowered in its place. On one side were two long trailers that were connected by an accordion-like passageway, similar to that of a subway car, which allowed one to be towed behind the other. The warehouse hummed with activity as the workmen scrambled to meet their deadline. Victoria made her entrance in the building not too long ago, Eddie Carr confronting her about her sudden rush to leave for Site B.

"You can't shave three days off my deadline and expect everything to be ready," he said as she tried to phone her girlfriend with a satellite phone. "We're not fully supplied, and I haven't field tested any of this!"

"Damn it!" Victoria exclaimed as she reluctantly hung up the phone. "Why is she not picking up?"

"Could be anything," Eddie answered. "Solar flares, a satellite out of synch. It's not exactly a local call."

"Let me talk to your communications designer."

"I am the communications designer."

While Victoria and Eddie went back and forth, a battered, white car roared through the door of the garage, pulling in backwards and coming to a stop in the middle of the floor. Nick van Owen hopped out in a crabby mood.

"It's four-to-three Mets in the sixth," he announced, "for anybody else who's got money on it. Thanks for the two-minute warning Eddie. Where the hell is the fire?"

The man slid open the cargo door of the van before unloading photographic equipment – video cameras, cables, metal supply cases, etc.

"Nick van Owen," Eddie said as he introduced him to Victoria, "Victoria Monét. Nick's our field photographer. Dr. Monét's our...uh...nemesis."

"What's your background?" Victoria asked. "Wildlife photography?"

"Wildlife, combat, you name it," Nick answered as he continued to unload his van. "When I was with Nightline, I was in Rwanda, Chechnya, all over Bosnia. I try to do some volunteer for Greenpeace once in a while."

"Greenpeace," Victoria said as she pulled out her cellphone. "What drew you there?"

"Women," Nick smirked.

"Noble," Victoria chuckled.

"Noble was last year," Nick said. "This year I'm getting paid. Fischbach's check cleared, or I wouldn't be going on this wild goose chase."

Nick looked at her unconvinced.

"Where we're going," Victoria said, "that's the only place in the world where the geese chase you."

The man only chuckled as he continued what he was doing. A large, metal cage suddenly came crashing down from the ceiling before landing on the floor right between the two of them with a deafening clang. Victoria and Nick leaped back and looked up, seeing a workman wave from a scaffolding.

"Sorry!" he exclaimed. "Specs say it can't deform at 12,000 PSI, Eddie. We had to test it."

"What the hell is that?" Victoria asked as Eddie bent down to inspect it.

"It's a high hide," Eddie answered. "This cage goes up on top of a fifteen-foot titanium scaffold. Keeps the researchers out of harm's way."

"Perfect biting height..." Victoria mumbled to herself, "...look, our charter leaves in three hours. If all of this isn't ready, just leave it. I wanna talk to whoever's in charge of security. Weapons, guns. Who's doin' that?"

Eddie gave her a lopsided smile as the ebony rolled her eyes.

"Called that one," she said.

A moment later, a stylish truck came rolling into the warehouse's entrance. Victoria looked in that direction and smiled as she saw her baby girl – who wasn't much of a baby anymore – spring out of the back seat and smile bright at her.

"Hey, mama!" the teenager beamed.

"Hey, beautiful!" Victoria smiled as she hugged her daughter tight. "How was the Dominican Republic?"

"Good! Although, mom and I are wondering what's up. We just left the airport when you called."

"Yeah, Vic," a tatted woman said as she emerged out of the driver's seat. "I've never heard you so concerned. Everything alright?"

"Not really," Victoria said. "I'll fill ya'll in soon. Where's Solàna? I was hoping she'd be with you."

"Right here," the woman of subject said as she got out of the car. "Had to put some last-minute things in the travel bag. Is everything okay? Lani and I made it here as fast as we could."

Victoria took a deep breath before explaining to them what happened.

"Ya'll remember that dinosaur park incident a couple years back?" she asked.

"The incident that got you pretty much fired from the university?" Kehlani responded. "Seems a little unforgettable."

"Yeah, well...Ariana got roped into it."

Everyone's eyes grew wide.

"She got 'roped into it'?" the tatted woman asked.

"As in she's on that same island?" Solàna asked.

"Oh no, not that one," Victoria said. "There's another island infested with dinosaurs...Site B...not too far from Isla Nublar. Evidently, she approached Fischbach about going on an expedition there...solo!"

"Why would she..." Kehlani began, "...you know what? Never mind. It's Ari. The real question is why did you need us here? It looks like you have everything you'll need to go get her."

"I do, but the expedition team is nothing but men who claim to know exactly what they're doing. I need people on the team I can trust."

"I think you're forgetting Hazel, our child," Kehlani said.

"I can help!" the teenager said. "I can be your research assistant. Like I was in Austin."

"Baby girl," Victoria said, "this is nothing like Austin. I can't risk having you somewhere that's not safe. Why don't you stay here with Bri?"

"Ugh," Hazel said as she rolled her eyes. "Her and I have nothing in common. Please, ma? I won't get in the way. Plus, if Ari's really in danger, I wanna help."

Victoria always managed to get roped into her daughter's wants, especially after looking into those big pretty eyes. In the ebony's opinion, she got them from Kehlani.

"Alright," she relented. "But you stay near us the whole time!"

The young girl smiled wide before going into one of the trailers to look around. Victoria then looked to Kehlani and Solàna in all seriousness.

"I know you two planned on going to Thailand for your honeymoon after bringing Hazel back, but I need you to help me bring Ari back. She shouldn't even be down there. If she's not dead already – which I pray she's not – I'll kill her ass myself for not even telling me about any of this."

"Monét!" Eddie called from behind everyone. "What's the big deal? I didn't realize this was a family trip."

"No offense to you and your guys," Victoria said, "but this team needs a woman's touch. This is Hazel's other mother, Kehlani, and this is her wife Solàna. They both know a thing or two about weapons, so they'll help in that area."

"Fine with me. The way you're describing this place, I feel like I'll need all the help I can get."

Victoria chuckled as she watched Eddie show Solàna the inventory they had. Kehlani touched Victoria's shoulder before they locked eyes.

"We're gonna find her," the tatted woman said, referring to Ariana. "But I'm tellin' you now...if we die before I get the chance to make love to my wife in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, I'm beatin' your ass in the afterlife."

"You always had such a way with words," Victoria mocked as the two continued to help get everything together.

In about a couple of hours, the team would make their way to Isla Sorna. What they would be met with was beyond most of them. Victoria was the only one that really knew the dangers of being thrown back into this situation...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 74 5
[Clawen AU] Jurassic World is about to open for the public with Claire enjoying her new promotion as Operations Manager, seeing her hard work finally...
1.2K 32 8
Takes place four years after the events of The Lost World. Ian and Clarissa Malcolm are peacefully living with their son Owen Grady who is now twenty...
3.1K 75 11
The first book following the first installation of Jurrasic Park. Clarissa Hammond is the youngest daughter of John Hammond. Clarissa is a paleontolo...
102K 2.5K 20
"Hold on to your butts." When Zach Mitchell stepped onto the island of Ilsa Nubar he expected to see dinosaurs, margaritas, and hot girls but what...